BAKED SALMON WITH COUSCOUS PILAF
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Slice the carrots lengthwise and then in 1/8 inch diagonal sections.
- In a 9x13 inch baking pan, mix together the carrots, couscous, almonds, raisins, mint, oil, salt and pepper and 1 1/4 cups of water.
- Place the salmon fillets on top of this mixture and season generously with more salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until fish is opaque.
- Transfer fish to plates.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and place next to salmon on plates.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357.5, Fat 10.6, SaturatedFat 1.1, Sodium 60, Carbohydrate 58.4, Fiber 7, Sugar 14.8, Protein 9.8
SALMON AND COUSCOUS PIE
- Boil two of the eggs for ten minutes, then cool, drain and peel.
- Wilt the spinach in a bit of boiling water.
- Let cool, then press as much water as you can out of the spinach.
- Place the couscous in a bowl.
- Squeeze juice from half of the lemon into the bowl, add 300ml boiling water and give it a good stir.
- Cover and leave for up to 10 minutes, then use a fork to loosen the grains.
- Cut the salmon into large chunks and squeeze the juice from the other half of lemon on top.
- Season generously with pepper and 1 tbsp of the dill.
- Roughly chop the eggs into big pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Oil a flat baking sheet and lay out one of the pieces of puff pastry.
- Whisk the remaining egg and then brush a 1 inch border around the pastry.
- Cover with half the spinach.
- Stir half the yoghurt and 1 tbsp of the dill into the couscous and spoon half of that mixture over the spinach.
- Top with the fish and egg.
- Add the rest of the couscous and then the last of the spinach.
- Lay the second sheet of pastry over the filling.
- You may need to dust your worktop with flour first and just roll it a little bit, to make it slightly bigger than the bottom piece.
- Crimp the edges together with a fork, then paint the surface with beaten egg and roll the border towards the centre.
- Make a few steam holes with a fork or knife and put into a moderate oven (350 F or 180C).
- Cook for 20-30 minutes until the pastry is puffed, golden and cooked through.
- Serve in thick slices with a sauce made of the remaining dill and yogurt.
SALMON WITH COUSCOUS AND PEAS
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon skin-side down and cook until almost cooked through and the skin is dark golden and crisp, about 8 minutes. Flip the salmon and remove the skillet from the heat; let sit until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the peas, chicken broth, olives, raisins, pepitas, hot sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil, then stir in the couscous. Remove from the heat, cover and let sit 5 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork. Serve the salmon with the couscous and lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370, Fat 11 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 66 milligrams, Sodium 631 milligrams, Carbohydrate 32 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 35 grams, Sugar 8 grams
SALMON WITH TOMATO-GOAT CHEESE COUSCOUS
Rich with goat cheese and tomato, this recipe works for a weeknight supper or an elegant company dinner-and is adjustable for number of people. -Toni Roberts, La Canada, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Sprinkle salmon with salt, garlic salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add salmon skin side up and cook 3 minutes. Turn fish and cook an additional 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from heat and keep warm., In a large saucepan, bring stock to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, until stock is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, green onions and goat cheese. Serve with salmon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414 calories, Fat 19g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 80mg cholesterol, Sodium 506mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SALMON COUSCOUS SUPPER
With its delicate texture and superior flavor, leftover salmon should never go to waste! Jenny Brown of Bloomington, Indiana uses extra portions of couscous and salmon to create this appetizing dish.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place broccoli and carrot in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender., In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms and garlic for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and carrot; saute 2 minutes longer. Stir in the salmon, couscous and soy sauce; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345 calories, Fat 16g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 84mg cholesterol, Sodium 1010mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
SALMON WITH COUSCOUS PILAF
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a 9-by-13-inch baking pan, mix together carrots, couscous, almonds, raisins, mint, oil, 1 1/4 cups water, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place salmon fillets on top of couscous mixture; season generously with salt and pepper. Cover pan with foil; bake until fish is opaque throughout, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer fish to plates. Fluff couscous with a fork; serve with fish and lemon wedges.
SALMON AND COUSCOUS BAKE
- Heat oven to 350°. Spray square baking dish, 8x8x2 inches, with cooking spray. Cut fish into 4 serving pieces.
- Stir couscous, seasoning packet from couscous mix, water, oil, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon dill weed, the zucchini and summer squash in baking dish. Place fish on couscous mixture. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon dill weed.
- Cover and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and fish flakes easily with fork. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330, Carbohydrate 33 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 30 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 75 mg
SPICE & HONEY SALMON WITH COUSCOUS
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Zest and juice 1 lemon, then mix the zest and ½ the juice with the spice, garlic, ½ the spring onions and 2 tsp oil. Season well. Put the salmon into a shallow dish, spoon over the marinade, then leave for 10 mins to let the flavours mingle.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous in a large bowl. Tip in the remaining lemon juice and oil, spring onions and 150ml boiling water, then cover and leave to stand.
- Lift the salmon onto a foil-lined baking tray, spoon over any leftover marinade, then roast for 15 mins. With 5 mins to go, pull out the baking tray and spoon 1 tsp clear honey over each fillet.
- Add the mint to the couscous and fluff it up with a fork. Serve the salmon with the couscous, spoon over the juices from the baking tray and add lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 506 calories, Fat 22 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 47 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 34 grams protein, Sodium 0.21 milligram of sodium
More about "salmon and couscous pie recipes"
SALMON AND COUSCOUS CASSEROLE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
3/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCategory Healthy Canned Salmon RecipesCalories 335 per serving
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe casserole, combine the water and garlic. Microwave, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is boiling. Remove from microwave and stir in couscous; spoon salmon atop couscous mixture. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, roasted peppers, and bruschetta topper to couscous mixture. Toss to combine. Divide mixture among four serving plates. Top with almonds. Makes 4 servings (1-1/4 cups each).
SALMON & COUSCOUS | FISH RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Servings 1Total Time 20 minsCategory Cheap & CheerfulCalories 452 per serving
- Pop the couscous into a bowl, just cover with boiling water, put a plate on top and leave for 10 minutes to do its thing.
- Slice the courgette into batons, snap the woody ends from the asparagus and deseed and finely chop the chilli.Roughly chop the tomatoes, then pick and roughly chop the coriander leaves, discarding the stalks.Slice the salmon into finger-sized strips, drizzle with olive oil, then season with pepper and a small pinch of sea salt.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add the salmon, then scatter over the courgette and chilli.
SALMON WITH LEMON COUSCOUS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.9/5 (19)Total Time 35 minsCategory Entree, Dinner, LunchCalories 483 per serving
GLAZED SALMON WITH COUSCOUS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SALMON IN A COUSCOUS CRUST - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
COUSCOUS AND SALMON : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SALMON COUSCOUS RECIPE | RECIPELAND
SALMON AND COUSCOUS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SALMON PATTIES WITH COUSCOUS - MEAL PLANNING MOMMIES
SALMON CUCUMBER COUSCOUS – CLOVER LEAF
SALMON FILETS OVER COUSCOUS | PAULA DEEN
COUSCOUS RECIPES WITH SALMON - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
FRENCH-CANADIAN SALMON PIE - GROW A GOOD LIFE
MY MOM’S SALMON PIE – CLOVER LEAF
PIE SALMON - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
ROAST SALMON WITH COUSCOUS CRUST RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
COUSCOUS AND SALMON RUSSIAN KULEBYAKA - COUSCOUS DAY
LEMON-PEPPER SALMON WITH COUSCOUS RECIPE | SIDECHEF
PUFF PASTRY PIE WITH COUSCOUS, SALMON AND WILD FENNEL – …
SALMON COUSCOUS PASTIES RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
SALMON AND COUSCOUS PACKETS RECIPE
SALMON WITH COUSCOUS RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
SALMON RECIPES | WAITROSE & PARTNERS
SALMON COUSCOUS – ERECIPE
SALMON PIE - THE SEASONED MOM
SILVERBEET-WRAPPED SALMON WITH COUSCOUS | ALLRECIPES.COOKING
ROAST SALMON WITH CORIANDER COUSCOUS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROAST SALMON WITH COUSCOUS CRUST - SALMON RECIPES - DELISH
SALMON WITH COUSCOUS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SALMON AND PEARL COUSCOUS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHILLI-RUBBED SALMON AND PEARL COUSCOUS SALAD | ALLRECIPES.COOKING
SALMON AND COUSCOUS PACKETS - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
SALMON WITH BAKED COUSCOUS - EASY AS COOKIES
10 BEST SMOKED SALMON PIE RECIPES | YUMMLY
PAN-SEARED SALMON WITH CURRIED COUSCOUS - COOK'S COUNTRY
SALMON COUSCOUS RAISINS RECIPE
30 MINUTE MEDITERRANEAN SHEET PAN SALMON WITH COUSCOUS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #savory-pies #main-dish #seafood #vegetables #oven #salmon #fish #one-dish-meal #saltwater-fish #greens #spinach #equipment
You'll also love