- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes, then cook in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a 5-quart heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from pot, then cook scallions, corn, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, and red-pepper flakes in fat in pot over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until scallions are tender, about 5 minutes. Add milk and cream and bring just to a boil. Reduce heat to moderately low, then add potatoes, salmon, bacon, salt, and pepper and cook, gently stirring occasionally, until salmon is just cooked through and begins to break up as you stir, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Discard bay leaf before serving.
SALMON CHOWDER WITH BACON
The salmon in this recipe is a change from traditional chowder, but it sure is delicious!-Cindy St. Martin, Portland, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 14 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a Dutch oven, combine the potatoes, onion and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add salmon and bacon; cook over medium heat until fish flakes easily with a fork. , Reduce heat; stir in the milk, cream, butter, salt and pepper; heat through (do not boil). Thicken if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 22
- For the shell stock: In a large saucepan over low heat, add the oil and sweat the prawn shells with the onion, thyme, bay leaves, peppercorns, lemon, and tomato for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the white wine and water and simmer for 45 minutes. Strain and reserve.
- For the chowder: In a large saucepan over low heat, add the oil and sweat the onions with the bacon and celery for 5 to 6 minutes. Add the potatoes and sweat for another 5 minutes. Add the thyme, shell stock, and cream and bring to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Add the salmon and season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. For service, garnish with tarragon and chives.
No corn, no chicken broth. This salmon chowder is a bit different. Even picky eaters and kids like it. Found this recipe on the internet.
Provided by Kathy228
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Put bacon in a soup pot and heat over low heat.
- Add the onion, celery, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Cook until veggies are soft (10 mins).
- Add clam juice.
- Dice potatoes and add to the soup pot.
- Simmer until potatoes are just tender (10 mins).
- Add milk, peppers, salmon, dill, and cook until salmon is just cooked through (8 mins).
- Remove bay leaf.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Serve with cooked rice and a crusty bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 361.4, Fat 11.2, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 58.4, Sodium 477.4, Carbohydrate 41.8, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 5.4, Protein 23.1
SMOKED SALMON CHOWDER
- Place the bacon into a large pot set over medium heat. Cook for a few minutes to release some of the drippings, then add the onions and celery. Cook and stir until bacon is crisp and onions and celery are tender.
- Put in the carrots, green onions, and parsley and then pour in the water and fish stock. Season the soup with salt, pepper and dill. Cover and simmer over low heat until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes. Add the potatoes and simmer for another 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir in the flour until smooth. Continue to cook and stir until the mixture is light brown. Pour in a little bit of the milk to thin the roux, then pour it into the pot with the vegetables. Pour the rest of the milk into the pot and heat through, stirring constantly.
- When the soup has thickened slightly, stir in the white wine if using. Mix in the lemon juice, smoked salmon and corn. Cook over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Ladle into soup bowls to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1144.3 calories, Carbohydrate 93.1 g, Cholesterol 155.4 mg, Fat 63.3 g, Fiber 9.5 g, Protein 48.4 g, SaturatedFat 30.6 g, Sodium 2405 mg, Sugar 18.9 g
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion, celery, and garlic powder until onions are tender. Stir in potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, pepper, and dill. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat. Cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in salmon, evaporated milk, corn, and cheese. Cook until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490.3 calories, Carbohydrate 26.5 g, Cholesterol 104.2 mg, Fat 25.9 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 38.6 g, SaturatedFat 12.7 g, Sodium 1139.5 mg, Sugar 8.6 g
NORTHWEST SALMON CHOWDER
I've lived on a farm in the Yakima Valley all my life. I have a big garden, and by the end of fall, my cellar shelves are full of canned fruits and vegetables. This recipe uses some of the root vegetables I grow...along with the delicious salmon that is so plentiful here. -Josephine Parton, Granger, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, saute celery, onion, green pepper and garlic in butter until the vegetables are tender. Add broth, potatoes, carrots, salt, pepper and dill; bring to a boil. , Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until the vegetables are nearly tender. Stir in the corn, cream and salmon. Simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. If desired, garnish with bacon, chives and cracked black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274 calories, Fat 15g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 84mg cholesterol, Sodium 1095mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
CORN AND SALMON CHOWDER WITH BACON
Discover our satisfying Corn and Salmon Chowder with Bacon. Corn and Salmon Chowder with Bacon includes garlic and potatoes for an unforgettable taste.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings, 1-1/3 cups chowder and 5 crackers each
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onions, celery and garlic; cook 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 min. Whisk in milk. Add potatoes, corn and thyme; cover. Simmer 20 min. or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in VELVEETA and mustard; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 5 min. or until VELVEETA is melted. Stir in fish; cook 8 min. or until fish flakes easily with fork. Remove and discard thyme sprigs.
- Top chowder with bacon. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 590, Fat 25 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Sodium 1010 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 40 g
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes, then cook in a 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a 5-quart heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of fat from the pot, then cook the onions, corn, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, and red pepper flakes over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the milk and cream and bring just to a boil. Reduce the heat to moderately low, then add the potatoes, the salmon, bacon, salt, and pepper and cook, gently stirring occasionally, until salmon is just cooked through and begins to break up as you stir, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Discard the bay leaf and sprinkle with chives before serving.
More about "salmon bacon chowder recipes"
CREAMY KETO SALMON BACON CHOWDER | 40 MINUTES ...
5/5 (4)Calories 346 per servingCategory Dinner, Main Course, Soup
SALMON CHOWDER - BIG KING SALMON CHARTERS
65 BEST SALMON RECIPES - PARADE.COM
SMOKED SALMON CHOWDER - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
SALMON CHOWDER WITH BACON - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CREAMY FISH CHOWDER WITH BACON, CORN AND SPINACH RECIPE BY ...
CREAMY SALMON BACON CHOWDER — KVAROY ARCTIC
THE BEST SALMON AND CORN CHOWDER - LENA'S KITCHEN
SALMON CHOWDER - EVERYDAY DELICIOUS
30 MINUTE CREAMY SALMON CHOWDER RECIPE ~ MACHEESMO
SALMON CHOWDER RECIPE - SALMON OR STEELHEAD CHOWDER | HANK ...
SALMON CHOWDER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY SALMON CHOWDER RECIPE - MOMSDISH
SALMON CORN CHOWDER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SALMON CHOWDER - VIKALINKA
SALMON CHOWDER - ALBERTA MILK
EASY SALMON CHOWDER + VIDEO (MAKE AHEAD FRIENDLY)
EASY WEEKNIGHT ONE-POT SALMON CHOWDER | THE FOOD LAB
SMOKED SALMON CHOWDER - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
RECIPE: SALMON CHOWDER | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
SIMPLE SALMON CHOWDER | FEASTING AT HOME
EASY ONE-POT SALMON CHOWDER RECIPE - SAVORY SIMPLE
SALMON CHOWDER WITH BACON RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE ...
CROCKPOT SALMON CHOWDER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SALMON CHOWDER RECIPE - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
SALMON-BACON CHOWDER - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
SALMON CHOWDER | THE MODERN PROPER
SUMMER CORN CHOWDER WITH BACON-STYLE SALMON | THRIFTY ...
SALMON CHOWDER - SIMPLY SCRATCH
SALMON CHOWDER | FOODTALK
QUICK ALASKA SALMON CHOWDER | ALASKA SEAFOOD MARKETING ...
BEST SMOKED SALMON CHOWDER RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
FIRE ROASTED CORN CHOWDER RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
SALMON CHOWDER • SALT & LAVENDER
SALMON CHOWDER - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
SALMON, BACON, AND CORN CHOWDER | CHEZ CARR CUISINE
SALMON CHOWDER RECIPE | PRETTY PRUDENT
EASY, CREAMY ONE-POT SALMON CHOWDER RECIPE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #healthy #main-dish #soups-stews #seafood #low-fat #chowders #salmon #fish #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #saltwater-fish
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How much bacon do you put in a Salmon Chowder?Photo by Romulo Yanes. Bacon and a little cream give this chowder lashings of decadence — but, because there are no thickeners, it's surprisingly light. 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide strips 1 (1 1/2-pound) piece salmon fillet (preferably wild), skin discarded and fish cut into 1-inch pieces
How do you cook frozen salmon in chowder?Turn the heat down a bit and stir in the frozen corn and heavy cream, then lay the salmon pieces on top of the simmering chowder. Cover and simmer until the salmon is cooked. Ta da! You made chowder!
How do you cook bacon and potatoes for chowder?This soup is so deep in flavour! A little lighter as well, with the addition of evaporated milk as opposed to cream. Boil the potatoes for 8 min till JUST tender. They will finish cooking in the chowder later! Set aside. In a heavy bottomed pot, cook the bacon till crispy! Transfer the bacon to plate and get rid of the fat (except for 1 tbsp).
How to cook salmon on the stove with potatoes?Preparation. Add milk and cream and bring just to a boil. Reduce heat to moderately low, then add potatoes, salmon, bacon, salt, and pepper and cook, gently stirring occasionally, until salmon is just cooked through and begins to break up as you stir, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Discard bay leaf before serving.