SAM'S CARROT SOUFFLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 2-quart shallow baking dish; set aside.
- Place carrots in a large pot and add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Generously salt water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender and easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, about 10 minutes.
- Strain carrots and transfer to the bowl of a food processor; process until pureed. Transfer carrot puree to a large bowl; stir in milk, cracker crumbs, cheese, onion, butter, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk eggs until foamy. Whisk eggs into carrot mixture until just combined.
- Transfer carrot mixture to prepared baking dish and bake until puffed and light golden brown on top, 40 to 45 minutes; serve warm.
SAM BEALL'S CARROT SOUFFLé
This is more of a casserole than a traditional soufflé. It comes from Sam Beall, the proprietor of Blackberry Farm in Tennessee, who died at age 39 in a ski accident. The dish makes its seasonal debut on the Beall family table at Thanksgiving, but paired with a salad, it becomes lunch or a light dinner any time of year. Use the sweetest carrot you can find, and grate the onions on the same grater you use for the cheese to save a little prep and clean-up time. Many of the steps are easy enough for children, making it a great dish for teaching cooking skills. It will become part of your winter rotation, and travels well.
Provided by Kim Severson
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 2-quart soufflé dish or baking dish.
- Put the carrots in a large pot and cover with about an inch of water. Add a heaping tablespoon of salt and boil the carrots until they are tender enough to yield to the tip of a knife, about 10 minutes.
- Strain the carrots and purée them in a food processor. Put them in a large bowl; stir in the milk, cracker crumbs, cheese, onion, butter, cayenne, black pepper and remaining salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs until they are quite foamy. Using a whisk and a gentle touch, mix the eggs into the carrot mixture.
- Scrape the mixture into the buttered dish and bake for about 45 minutes, until the soufflé is slightly puffed, light golden brown and pulling away from the sides of the dish. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 124, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 16 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 342 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
This is an absolute favorite! I usually make this around thanksgiving, but also for other special occasions. Everyone always loves it, and they always beg for the recipe! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! (prep time does not include time for steaming and cooling carrots, as this can vary).
Provided by love4culinary
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the baking dish.
- Mix all ingredients in bowl with a mixer.
- Pour into an 8x8 inch glass baking dish.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, until knife comes clean.
- Can be served hot or cold.
- Refrigerate after finishing serving/cooling.
- Shouldn't be kept for more than a couple of days, as it will lose its flavor and freshness.
- Servings really depend on how much you choose to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285.6, Fat 18, SaturatedFat 10.6, Cholesterol 133.7, Sodium 283.7, Carbohydrate 27.8, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 20.5, Protein 4.4
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and mash. Stir in margarine, vanilla extract and eggs; mix well. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; stir into carrot mixture and blend until smooth. Transfer to prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309.2 calories, Carbohydrate 34.8 g, Cholesterol 93 mg, Fat 17.6 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 508 mg, Sugar 28 g
CHASEN'S CARROT SOUFFLE
This makes a nice buffet dish for a special party. It had been served as a side dish at Chasen's Restaurant (now closed) in Beverly Hills.
Provided by lynnski LA
Categories < 4 Hours
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Slice carrots one inch thick and steam until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Puree in a blender or food processor.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- In a saucepan, cook onion in 1/3 cup butter over medium heat until tender, but not brown, about 2 minutes.
- Blend in flour, salt and nutmeg and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in milk all at once.
- Add brown sugar and cook,stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Blend mashed carrots and apple juice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar in large mixing bowl at high speed until fluffy but not dry.
- Beat egg yolks slightly in small bowl.
- Blend small amount of hot carrot mixture into yolks.
- Stir yolk mixture into carrot mixture.
- Gently, but throughly fold yolk mixture into whites.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and gently smooth surface.
- Bake until puffy and delicately browned, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 97.9, Fat 3.4, SaturatedFat 1.3, Cholesterol 108.6, Sodium 182.3, Carbohydrate 12.3, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 5.4, Protein 4.7
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter well and chill 8 1 1/4-cup souffle dishes.
- Boil carrots in salted water until soft. Drain well.
- Place carrots in food processor or blender with ricotta, cumin, dill, salt and pepper. Puree well. You should have about 3 cups. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add yolks to mixture and blend well with wire whisk. In another bowl whisk whites until they form soft peaks. Fold 1/4 of whites into carrot mixture, then remainder. Taste for seasoning.
- Place souffle dishes on baking sheet and fill to rim with mixture. Before placing in oven run thumb around rim of each to remove any overflow, which could cling and prevent souffle from rising fully. Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 118, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 299 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CARROT SOUFFLE WITH BROWN SUGAR
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a stockpot of salted water to a boil. Cook carrots until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and drain well.
- Place carrots in a food processor with the margarine, and pulse to puree. Add the eggs, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, and baking soda, and process until smooth.
- Pour carrot mixture into a 1quart, round baking dish. Place the dish inside a larger dish with 1 inch of water to prevent burning bottom of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 239.8 calories, Carbohydrate 27.6 g, Cholesterol 69.8 mg, Fat 13.4 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 425.3 mg, Sugar 18.8 g
More about "sams carrot souffle recipes"
SAMS CLUB CARROT CAKE RECIPE: OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SOUTHERN COOKING: CARROT SOUFFLE : CALIFORNIA COOKING - YOUTUBE
CHEESE SOUFFLE - SAM'S KITCHEN
COPYCAT FARMERS MARKET RESTAURANT CARROT SOUFFLé RECIPE
INDIVIDUAL CARROT SOUFFLES - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CARROT SOUFFLE WITH BUTTER AND CARROTS | PAULA DEEN
CARROT SOUFFLE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SAM BEALL'S CARROT SOUFFLé : RECIPES
SAM BEALL'S CARROT SOUFFLé RECIPE | RECIPE | CARROT SOUFFLE, …
DAILY RECIPES: SAM BEALL'S CARROT SOUFFLé
SAM BEALL'S CARROT SOUFFLé - DINING AND COOKING
SAM'S CARROT SOUFFLE - TECHABBY.COM
VIRGINIA DINER CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
SAM BEALL'S CARROT SOUFFLé RECIPE - NYT COOKING
CARROT SOUFFLE – CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
COOKING LIGHT'S CARROT SOUFFLé RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RECIPE: CARROT SOUFFLé - KITCHN
SAM'S CARROT SOUFFLE | RECEPTEK 2022
EASY CARROT SOUFFLé - THE FRENCH MAGNOLIA COOKS
RECIPE FOR CARROT SOUFFLE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SAM'S CARROT SOUFFLE | RECIPE | CARROT SOUFFLE, SOUFFLE RECIPES, SOUFFLE
EASY CREAMY CARROT SOUFFLE - DON'T SWEAT THE RECIPE
SAM'S CARROT SOUFFLE | CARROT SOUFFLE, SOUFFLE RECIPES, RECIPES
SAMS CARROT CAKE RECIPE: OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE EASY - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
CARROT SOUFFLE | WEELICIOUS
CARROT SOUFFLé - 40 APRONS
ROASTED CARROT SOUFFLE | A WELL-SEASONED KITCHEN®
CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE SOUTHERN LIVING - THERESCIPES.INFO
A DELICIOUS CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE WITH CANNED CARROTS - FOOD NEWS
SAM’S FAMOUS CARROT CAKE – VERSO – SWEET MAGAZINE
CARROT SOUFFLE RECIPE SOUTHERN LIVING / 23 COOKING DIRECTIONS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make carrot soufflé?Carrot Soufflé Recipe. Ingredients. 2 lbs carrots, peeled, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds. Salt for salting cooking water. 1 cup whole milk. 1 cup Saltine cracker crumbs. 3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese. 1/3 cup minced onion.
How do you purée carrots?Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with an inch of water. Add about 1 teaspoon of salt to the water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the carrots are tender. Strain the carrots and purée in a food processor or with an immersion blender. Place carrot purée in a large bowl.
How do you cook carrots in a casserole dish?Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and mash. Stir in margarine, vanilla extract, and eggs; mix well. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together. Stir into the carrot mixture and blend until smooth. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Bake for 45 minutes.
How to cook carrots in a food processor?Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add chopped carrots and cook until fork-tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well. Transfer the carrots into the bowl of a food processor. Add the margarine, vanilla extract, and eggs and puree until smooth and well-blended. Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.