SEA BASS SAN SEBASTIAN
Chilean sea bass, also known as Patagonian toothfish, has landed on lots of 'do not eat this' lists due to overfishing, but the fish can be found through sustainable sources. Flavored mayonnaise keeps the sea bass moist while it's cooking, and you can create countless sauce variations by changing the seasonings. The recipe is inspired by the cuisine of San Sebastian.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Mix together mayonnaise, sherry vinegar, smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl until sauce is combined.
- Spread olive oil on the bottom 2 individual-serving baking dishes. Cover oil with a single layer of pepper slices to cover the bottom of the dishes.
- Season the fish generously with 1/2 teaspoon salt and place on top of the pepper slices. Spread the tops and sides of the fish with the prepared sauce, spreading the thickest layer on top. Grate almonds over the filets to cover. Transfer baking dishes to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until beautifully browned and fish flakes easily with a fork, 15 to 18 minutes. Internal temperature should reach 135 to 140 degrees F (57 to 60 degrees C). Garnish with tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 545.3 calories, Carbohydrate 11 g, Cholesterol 101.7 mg, Fat 35.2 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 47.3 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 1718.8 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
SEA BASS WITH SICILIAN PEPPER SAUCE
This is a very satisfying fish entree, good for company as well. Serve over Recipe #253389 or potatoes.
Provided by stephakneeluvstocook
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- For Pepper Sauce: Heat large saute pan to med high. Add oil. Add all peppers, onion, and garlic. Saute until translucent. Add prosciutto, tomato paste, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Stir in sugar and vinegar, adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and heat oil in saute pan on high. Season fish on both sides with salt and pepper. Sear fish on one side only when is golden brown place saute pan in oven for 5-8 minutes until fish flakes, but still moist.
- Serve fish with sauce over it and enjoy with a glass of pinot grigio.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 468.5, Fat 30.3, SaturatedFat 4.5, Cholesterol 52.9, Sodium 424.8, Carbohydrate 24.7, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 12.3, Protein 27.2
CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH ROASTED YELLOW PEPPER GRITS AND ROASTED POBLANO SAUCE
- Brush bass with olive oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper. Heat saute pan or grill pan over high heat until smoking. Grill, skin side down, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn over and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes for medium-well doneness. Place a heaping mound of Yellow Pepper Grits onto 4 dinner plates. Place a fillet on top of each and drizzle with the Poblano Sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub the pepper with 2 tablespoons of the oil and place on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven until soft and skin is blackened. Place the peppers in a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 15 minutes. Remove the skin and seeds from the peppers. Place 2 of the peppers in a food processor and process until smooth. Cut the remaining pepper into fine dice and set aside.
- Place the hominy in a food processor and process until smooth. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add the hominy, yellow pepper puree, and heavy cream. Season with salt, pepper, and chipotle puree. Cook for 10 minutes and fold in the diced yellow peppers and cheddar.
- Place peppers, vinegar, cilantro and honey in a blender and season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil until emulsified.
CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH LIGHT SOY AND CHIVE SAUCE
- Make the sauce: Slice shallots, saute with butter and add white wine. Cook total reduction, add fish stock, and reduce to 1/2. Add heavy cream. Blend with 2 ounces of butter; add the soy, salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- Make the garnish: Slice the onion, dredge in flour. Shake off excess and fry until golden brown. Keep warm on a paper towel. Cut the scallion and saute with olive oil. Mix with the whipped potatoes. Salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm. Peel, de-seed and dice tomatoes. Cut chives.
- Progression: Saute the bass with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. When thoroughly cooked squeeze lemon juice on fish.
- Ready to eat: To serve, place some whipped potatoes on the center of the plate. Add tomatoes and chives to the sauce, place around the potatoes. Place the fish on the potatoes and top with fried onions. Serve hot.
SEA BASS WITH SPICY ROASTED BELL PEPPER SAUCE
- Char bell peppers over gas flame or under broiler until blackened on all sides. Let cool in closed paper bag for 10 minutes. Peel and seed peppers. Place peppers in processor. Add almonds, 4 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, tomato paste and cayenne pepper. Process until almonds are finely ground and peppers are almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Add fish to skillet; sauté until just opaque in center, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer fish to plates. Top each with sauce. Serve with remaining sauce.
SEA BASS WITH MOROCCAN SALSA
- Char peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides, turning frequently with tongs. Transfer peppers to medium bowl. Cover with foil; let stand 10 minutes. Peel, seed and coarsely chop peppers; return to same bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy small skillet over medium heat. Add cumin and cinnamon; stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour oil mixture over peppers. Mix in olives, next 7 ingredients and 2 tablespoons oil. Season salsa with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover; let stand at room temperature, tossing occasionally.)
- Preheat broiler. Brush fish all over with 2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil until fish is opaque in center, about 2 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer fish to plates. Spoon salsa over.
SEA BASS WITH SPICY ROASTED BELL PEPPER SAUCE
This is a very versatile sauce. You can pair it with so many things. Use it as a sauce for pasta, as a dip, or as a topping for toasted garlic bread. I'm sure that you will find a use for it all your own. You can roast your own bell peppers, or you can purchase jars of them in the supermarket already roasted and peeled.It goes great with chicken or, of course, the sea bass!
Provided by FLUFFSTER
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Char bell peppers over gas flame or under broiler until blackened on all sides.
- Let cool in closed paper bag 10 minutes.
- Peel and seed peppers.
- Place peppers in processor.
- Add almonds, 4 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, tomato paste and cayenne pepper.
- Process until almonds are finely ground and peppers are almost smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add fish to skillet; saute` until just opaque in center, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer fish to plates.
- Top each with sauce.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 497.5, Fat 33.3, SaturatedFat 4.5, Cholesterol 70.3, Sodium 226.4, Carbohydrate 14.7, Fiber 5.7, Sugar 8.7, Protein 37.4
More about "sea bass with sicilian pepper sauce recipes"
10 BEST SAUCE CHILEAN SEA BASS RECIPES - YUMMLY
15-MINUTE MEDITERRANEAN SEA BASS RECIPE | THE …
10 BEST SEA BASS CHILEAN SEA BASS RECIPES - YUMMLY
OUR BEST SEA BASS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
WORLD BEST SEA FOOD RECIPES: SEA BASS WITH SICILIAN PEPPER SAUCE
PAN SEARED CHILEAN SEA BASS - COOKED BY JULIE
PAN SEARED CHILEAN SEA BASS RECIPE - ORGANICALLY ADDISON
PAN ROASTED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH RED PEPPER SAUCE
MAKE CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH MONTALCINO SAUCE RECIPE - LEHIGH …
CHILEAN SEA BASS RECIPES - PAN SEARED SEA BASS, CURRY OR LEMON
PAN SEARED CHILEAN SEA BASS RECIPE - THE KITCHEN GIRL
SEA BASS WITH SICILIAN PEPPER SAUCE- WIKIFOODHUB
SEA BASS WITH SICILIAN PEPPER SAUCE - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
SICILIAN SEA BASS - VICTORIA GOURMET
SEA BASS WITH SICILIAN FLAVORS | FISH FROM GREECE
SEA BASS WITH SICILIAN CHERRY TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD …
CHILEAN SEA BASS RECIPE WITH BASIL PESTO - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
CHILEAN SEA BASS RECIPE WITH THYME BUTTER - SAVOR THE BEST
SEA BASS WITH SICILIAN CHERRY TOMATO SAUCE | PUNCHFORK
EASY CHILEAN SEA BASS RECIPE - CLOVE AND CUMIN
SEA BASS WITH SICILIAN CHERRY TOMATO SAUCE - BIGOVEN
STEAMED SEA BASS WITH PEPPER SAUCE | MISS CHINESE FOOD
BEST CHILEAN SEA BASS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHILEAN SEA BASS
CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH SWEET PEPPERS | BLUE RHINO
27 BEST PAN SEARED SEA BASS RECIPES - THE PAN HANDLER
SEA BASS WITH SICILIAN CHERRY TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
ROAST SEA BASS WITH CHICKPEA PUREE AND PARSLEY SAUCE RECIPE
CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH LEMON SAUCE- A PERFECT RECIPE
SEA BASS WITH SICILIAN PEPPER SAUCE - PLAIN.RECIPES
SICILIAN MEAT SAUCE RECIPES - TUTDEMY.COM
PAN ROASTED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
EASY BAKED CHILEAN SEA BASS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
PAN SEARED CHILEAN SEA BASS MEDITERRANEAN STYLE
HOW TO COOK CHILEAN SEA BASS - CHICKEN FRIED KITCHEN
EASY BAKED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH PESTO - WHITNEYBOND.COM
PAN SEARED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH ASIAN MARINADE - DRIVE ME HUNGRY
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #seafood #easy #european #italian #fish #freshwater-fish #bass #3-steps-or-less #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Chilean sea bass in oven?This perfectly seared Chilean sea bass with a spicy roasted red pepper sauce is just what the chef ordered! Preheat oven to 450-degrees. Pour oil into a pan and heat on high. Once the oil heats up, place the fish into the HOT pan and allow to cook for five minutes. Turn over onto the other side and cook for 4 minutes.
What is the best sauce to cook sea bass?Whisk up this no-cook sauce while your sea bass grills and you'll have a restaurant-worthy meal in minutes. A combo of lime, chile sauce, fish sauce, and sesame oil packs a tart, spicy, savory punch. While creator Bill Echols chose grouper for this recipe, he says sea bass would be tasty too.
How to cook sea bass and tomatoes in a pan?Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large cast iron skillet, or oven-safe skillet, over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the sea bass to the skillet, sprinkle with approximately ⅛ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper. Add the tomatoes to the skillet, drizzle the remaining olive oil over the tomatoes.
How long do you cook sea bass in olive oil?Allow to rest 20 minutes at room temp to remove chill. Heat OLIVE OIL in skillet over medium-high until it reaches the smoke point. Place sea bass (skin side down) in the hot skillet.