I bought a selection of lamb cuts from a CSA and got several one-pound packages of ground lamb. I made the last one tonight, and it was the best of all. Top them with Dijon mayo, tomato slices, and baby greens.
Provided by KLemons
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Thoroughly mix ground lamb, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; shape into 4 patties.
- Cook the burgers until they are beginning to firm and are hot and slightly pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Alternately, you can cook the burgers to your desired degree of doneness. Rest burgers while assembling toppings.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard together in a small bowl; spread 1 tablespoon of the mixture onto one side of each bun. Put a burger onto each bun and top with tomato and greens. Sandwich with remaining bun half to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438.5 calories, Carbohydrate 26.1 g, Cholesterol 79.8 mg, Fat 25.9 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 24 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 501.2 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
- Coat a large saute pan with olive oil, toss in the diced onions and season with salt and crushed red pepper. Bring the pan to medium-high heat and cook the onions for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 to 4 more minutes. Turn the heat off and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the lamb, the cooled onion mixture, the dill, mint, oregano, lemon zest and 1/2 to 3/4 cup water. Sprinkle with salt and combine well. Make a little "tester patty," cook it and taste for seasoning.
- Preheat the grill.
- Form the lamb mixture into 4 equal patties and sprinkle with salt. Grill the burgers to your desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove the burgers from the grill and let rest for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cut the Whole-Wheat Pitas in half. Schmear each half generously with the Pickled Feta Spread. Top one half with a burger, then tomatoes, sliced onions and spinach. Place the other pita half on top.
- In a small bowl, combine the warm water, sugar and yeast and let sit for 15 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flours, cumin, salt and cayenne. Add the yeast mixture and the olive oil. Mix on medium speed to combine and knead the dough. It should take 6 to 7 minutes. The dough will be firm and not sticky or tacky.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and roll into 7-inch rounds (1/4-inch thick). Divide the dough between 2 sheet trays, cover them loosely with a clean tea towel or plastic wrap and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Bake the pitas for 3 to 4 minutes, then turn the pitas over and bake for 2 more minutes. Let cool and use as desired.
- Place the vinegar, sugar, salt, tea bags, bay leaf and herb stems, if using, in a small saucepan along with 1 cup water. Heat until the sugar and salt has dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Place the feta in a small container. Add the vinegar mixture and be sure that the feta is submerged in the liquid. Let sit for a couple of hours outside the refrigerator if using right away, or in the refrigerator if using in the future.
- Strain the feta from the pickling liquid and discard the tea bags, bay leaf and stems. Place the feta in a food processor and add the yogurt. Pulse until combined.
- For the rack XXX BBQ sauce: Combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, orange juice, granulated sugar, molasses, Worcestershire, soy sauce, fish sauce, stone-ground mustard, tamarind, garlic powder, dry mustard, onion powder, black pepper, garlic salt, paprika, kosher salt and liquid smoke in a small stockpot or saucepan and whisk together. Heat ingredients over medium-high heat until gently bubbling. Whisk together cornstarch with 1/2 tablespoon water in a separate container to form a slurry, then add to stockpot. Continue to whisk all ingredients until the contents of the stockpot begins to simmer.
- Whisk in Carolina reaper powder until incorporated. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- For the sweet hotness sauce: Combine syrup, hot sauce, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a small stockpot or saucepan and whisk together. Heat ingredients over medium-high heat until gently bubbling. Whisk together cornstarch with 5 teaspoons water in a separate container to form a slurry, then add to stockpot. Continue to whisk until the contents of the stockpot begins to simmer. Remove from heat, and serve immediately.
- For the bonedust onion rings: Preheat oil in a large frying pan or Dutch oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and add 2 tablespoons cold water. Whisk together until scrambled and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, garlic salt, paprika, onion powder, black pepper and white pepper.
- In a separate large bowl combine panko, paprika, reaper powder, chili powder and salt.
- Place the sliced onions in the bowl with the seasoned flour. Toss the onions into the mixture until well coated.
- Place dredged onions in the egg mixture and cover completely. Place back into the seasoned flour bowl and coat completely. Add the onions once again to the egg mixture and coat thoroughly. Drain any excess egg from the onions, then place them in the panko bowl and toss until coated.
- Place coated onions into the oil carefully, and allow them to cook for approximately 30 seconds per side. Remove onions from the oil and set them on a cooling rack until all excess oil has been drained.
- For the regret lamburger: Preheat a griddle to 425 degrees F.
- Place lamb meat and fat into a meat grinder, then grind on a medium-coarse setting. Form the ground lamb into four 3-ounce balls. Liberally sprinkle the outsides of the balls with salt and pepper.
- Butter the insides of the hamburger buns and toast them on the griddle until browned.
- Place bacon on the griddle and drizzle 2 ounces sweet hotness sauce on top. Cook the bacon until the sauce has caramelized, approximately 30 seconds on each side.
- Place the lamb balls on the griddle and sear the outsides of them for about 90 seconds in total. With 2 wide metal spatulas overlapping, press down with great force in one motion on each patty until they are only 1/16-inch thick. Allow patties to cook until most of the pink is gone.
- Carefully flip the patties and immediately place a slice of cheese on half the patties and allow to melt. Place a plain and a cheese patty (keeping cheese patty on top) on the heel of a toasted hamburger bun. Repeat with the remaining patties and bun. Place the bacon and several jalapenos on top of the cheese. Add an onion ring on top of each of the patties, then fill each with 3 ounces rack XXX sauce. Place the crowns of the buns on top and serve.
More about "regret lamburger recipes"
RECIPE: LAMBURGER HELPER FROM CHRIS SHEPHERD'S NEW ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 minsGender Female
RECIPE: CHRIS SHEPHERD’S LAMBURGER HELPER - C&I MAGAZINE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
BEST GREEK LAMB BURGERS - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
5/5 (31)Total Time 30 minsCategory EntreeCalories 320 per serving
FOOD NETWORK - REGRET LAMBURGER (FROM #DDD) | FACEBOOK
Author Food Network
LAMB BURGER RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE LAMB BURGERS
4.6/5 (5)Category Barbeque, Dinner Party, Meat
10 BEST GROUND LAMB BURGERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
LAMB BURGER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GREEK LAMB BURGERS - JO COOKS
4.6/5 (7)Total Time 25 minsCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseCalories 731 per serving
GREEK LAMB BURGER WITH LEMON HERB SAUCE - HOSTESS AT HEART
5/5 (3)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main DishCalories 379 per serving
170 SANDWICHES IDEAS IN 2021 | RECIPES, SANDWICHES, FOOD
176 pins7 followers
GROUND LAMB BURGERS PACK ALL THE FLAVOR OF YOUR FAVORITE ...
3.5/5 (28)Category Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseCuisine American, Greek
PIN ON FOOD--POULTRY
TRIPLE-D SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST – LINCOLN HIGH SCHOOL ...
63 BURGERS IDEAS IN 2021 | RECIPES, FOOD, COOKING RECIPES
FOOD NETWORK - REGRET LAMBURGER (FROM #DDD) | FACEBOOK
LAMB BURGER RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
GOURMET LAMB BURGER - THE HAPPY FOODIE
LIMBURGER CHEESE: A DELICACY EXPLAINED + RECIPE FOR ...
FOOD NETWORK - REGRET LAMBURGER | FACEBOOK
REGRET LAMBURGER | RECIPE IN 2021 | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES ...
REGRET LAMBURGER RECIPES
30 EASY GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Where can I find the best lamb burger recipes?Allrecipes has more than 10 trusted lamb burger recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips. I bought a selection of lamb cuts from a CSA and got several one-pound packages of ground lamb. I made the last one tonight, and it was the best of all. Top them with Dijon mayo, tomato slices, and baby greens.
How to cook Greek lamb burgers?(If grilling outdoors is not feasible, you can cook these lamb burgers right in a hot, oiled cast iron skillet. 4 to 5 minutes on each side or so, flipping once.) How to serve Greek Lamb Burgers? For burger night at my house, I like to put together a little buffet of Greek items and toppings that everyone can use to assemble their lamb burgers.
Can you freeze lamb burgers?These burgers are juicy and full of flavor. Even people who don't really like lamb have enjoyed these burgers. You can double the recipe and freeze half of the patties in wax paper to eat at a later time. Fine to place on the grill frozen (just add to the cooking time).
How do you make Lamb patties?In a large bowl, combine the lamb, the cooled onion mixture, the dill, mint, oregano, lemon zest and 1/2 to 3/4 cup water. Sprinkle with salt and combine well. Make a little "tester patty," cook it and taste for seasoning. Preheat the grill. Form the lamb mixture into 4 equal patties and sprinkle with salt.