This is a very quick and healthy vegetable side dish. Even my son, who is very picky, loves this. It works well as a snack with wine, as an appetizer, or as a side dish, especially for Asian-inspired dishes.
Provided by naturalbornhealer
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat olive oil and sesame oil in a wok or skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic and decrease heat to medium. Cook and stir garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add asparagus, soy sauce, and water to garlic; cook and stir until liquid is mostly evaporated, about 3 minutes. Cover wok and cook until asparagus are tender yet firm to the bite, 5 to 10 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 52.5 calories, Carbohydrate 6 g, Fat 2.5 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 453.9 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place asparagus in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a small saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and garlic and then lemon juice and pine nuts. Toast until nuts begin to brown slightly. Remove from heat and drizzle over asparagus. Roast in the oven until just cooked. Serve warm or at room temperature with eggs and prosciutto.
SAUTEED GARLIC ASPARAGUS
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and asparagus spears; cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until asparagus is tender. If you like your asparagus well done, reduce heat and cook an additional 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102.4 calories, Carbohydrate 5.2 g, Cholesterol 22.9 mg, Fat 8.8 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 64 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until they begin to soften, about 1 minute. Add the asparagus and season with 1 teaspoon salt and some pepper. Cook the asparagus, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still bright green, about 4 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to a platter and garnish with lemon zest.
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC AND THYME
Come springtime, when stalks of asparagus shoot up from the ground (as if they're celebrating with us!), there isn't much to do to make this easy side dish shine. First, a sauté in the skillet with olive oil, garlic, and thyme coaxes out the natural sweetness of the asparagus, while finishing it with a quick steam until the stalks are crisp-tender locks in vitamins like A and C.
Provided by Shira Bocar
Yield Serves 2 to 3
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high. Add garlic and thyme sprigs. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add asparagus; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing to coat in oil, 1 minute.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer in skillet, add 1/4 cup water, and cover. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, shaking pan occasionally, until asparagus is crisp-tender and most of water has evaporated, 2 minutes.
OVEN ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spread asparagus in a single layer on a shallow baking pan or baking sheet.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt to taste.
- Spread minced garlic over all stalks.
- Place pan in oven for 10-12 minutes--stalks should be roasted, but still crisp.
- Serve immediately.
SAUTEED GARLIC ASPARAGUS WITH RED PEPPERS
Some of you may want to steam the asparagus first but I like the taste of crunchy asparagus just heated through - Look at the fat and calorie count of this recipe
Provided by Bergy
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oil in a skillet and add garlic cook 2 minutes then add the the bell pepper and asparagus Saute until the asparagus is heated through.
- Remove from heat and season with salt& pepper and the vinegar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 46.2, Fat 1.9, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 3.4, Carbohydrate 6.2, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 2.9, Protein 2.8
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large jelly-roll pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small pot, heat the oil, garlic, onion powder, and parsley on medium-low heat. Cook for 3 minutes, until the garlic mixture is fragrant but not browned.
- Spread the asparagus in a single layer on the prepared pan. Lightly sprinkle with coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Drizzle on the garlic-oil mixture.
- Roast for 8-10 minutes, until the asparagus are bright green; do not overcook.
- Transfer to a platter and serve hot.
ASPARAGUS WITH GREEN GARLIC
When you sauté or roast asparagus in hot olive oil, the asparagus will have a much more concentrated flavor than it would if steamed or blanched. Here I add the garlic to the pan once the asparagus is just about done, so that the garlic cooks only long enough to soften and sweeten. You can serve this skillet dish with grains or pasta, or with eggs -- fried, poached or scrambled. I find this asparagus so hard to resist that I decided to give you a range for the weight. One pound is adequate, but you might want to treat yourself to more than that.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories easy, quick, weekday, side dish
Yield Serves four
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Separate the garlic bulb into cloves, remove the thick skins from each clove, and cut the garlic into thin slices.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, heavy skillet. Add the asparagus and salt to taste. Sauté until the asparagus is tender and the skin has shriveled slightly, about five minutes. Add the garlic, and continue to sauté for another minute until the garlic is translucent. Adjust salt, add the pepper and parsley, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 90, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 349 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PAN-SEARED ASPARAGUS WITH CRISPY GARLIC
Before asparagus got moved to its own botanical family, Asparagaceae, in the early 2000s, it was part of the lily family along with onions, chives, shallots and garlic. It makes sense then, that asparagus and garlic make such a good duo. When cooked with care, both can be mild and sweet (or pungent and bitter when cooked carelessly). To highlight the best of both ingredients, gently fry garlic into chips for a crispy topping, then use the lightly infused oil to sauté the asparagus. Both thin and chubby spears work, as would nearly any other vegetable you like with garlic: broccoli, kale, snap peas, fennel and more.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories vegetables, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place a paper towel-lined plate next to the stove. In a medium or large skillet, combine the garlic and olive oil over medium-low heat. Cook, shaking the skillet often, until the garlic is very light golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat, tilt it, then use a slotted spoon to transfer the garlic to the towel-lined plate, leaving the remaining oil in the skillet. Season the crispy garlic with salt.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat. Add the asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and cook, shaking often, until bright green, crisp-tender and browned in spots, 4 to 5 minutes. Slide onto a platter, including any oil in the skillet. Top with the garlic chips and season again with salt and pepper.
GARLIC PARMESAN ASPARAGUS
Pair any entree with this fresh side dish for a truly succulent meal. With subtle garlic, melted butter and a hint of Parmesan cheese, what's not to love? -Tara Ernspiker, Falling Waters, West Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. water to a boil. Add asparagus and garlic; cook, covered, until asparagus is crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes; drain. Toss asparagus with butter and cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 71 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 74mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "sauteed garlic asparagus recipes"
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC – EASY ASPARAGUS RECIPE
Ratings 6Calories 212 per servingCategory Side Dishes
- Clean the asparagus, pat it dry and snap off the woody ends. Use the ends to make asparagus stock.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast-iron skillet or another large pan. Add the asparagus and fry it, stirring often, for about 3-4 minutes.
GARLIC SAUTéED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - A QUICK AND EASY …
5/5 (1)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 25 mins
- Saute for 10-15 minutes stirring periodically until the asparagus softens but isn't soggy (cooking times will vary based on the thickness of the asparagus).
SAUTEED GARLIC ASPARAGUS — LET'S DISH RECIPES
4.7/5 (34)Total Time 15 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 80 per serving
- Add the garlic and asparagus spears; cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until asparagus is tender but still crisp.
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
10 BEST ASPARAGUS RECIPES | YUMMLY
STIR-FRIED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEST SAUTEED ASPARAGUS RECIPES | QUICK AND EASY | FOOD NETWORK …
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS RECIPE WITH LEMON & GARLIC | WHOLESOME YUM
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS (BEST RECIPE WITH GARLIC BUTTER!)
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON, GARLIC AND ALMONDS
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS: THE BEST RECIPE! - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
BEST SAUTéED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - HOW TO SAUTE ASPARAGUS
SAUTéED GARLIC ASPARAGUS WITH BACON - THE RECIPE CRITIC
GARLIC & HERB ASPARAGUS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
LEMON-GARLIC ASPARAGUS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE BEST OVEN ROASTED GARLIC PARMESAN ASPARAGUS RECIPE
EASY SAUTéED ASPARAGUS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SAUTéED GARLIC ASPARAGUS RECIPE ~ ORDER THE INGREDIENTS
BEAUTIFUL ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON AND GARLIC - RECIPES
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON & GARLIC - KYLEE COOKS
ROASTED LEMON HONEY GARLIC ASPARAGUS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS
CRISPY GARLIC ROASTED ASPARAGUS (WITH GARLIC AIOLI)
HONEY GARLIC ASPARAGUS - PLAIN CHICKEN
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS RECIPE (QUICK AND EASY) | KITCHN
GARLIC SAUTEED ASPARAGUS – DAILY APPETITE
15+ SAUTéED ASPARAGUS RECIPES | EATINGWELL
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC AND OYSTER SAUCE - PICKLED PLUM
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS - CULINARY HILL
CREAMY SAUTEED ASPARAGUS - FLAVCITY WITH BOBBY PARRISH
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC BREADCRUMBS - COOKIN CANUCK
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC & PARMESAN (EASY!) | THE ENDLESS …
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC AND BACON - NATASHA'S KITCHEN
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS (FAST & EASY!) – A COUPLE COOKS
LEMON GARLIC ROASTED ASPARAGUS - THE BUSY BAKER
ASPARAGUS WITH TOASTED ALMONDS AND GARLIC RECIPE
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS - DINNER AT THE ZOO
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook with garlic and asparagus?Separate the garlic bulb into cloves, remove the thick skins from each clove, and cut the garlic into thin slices. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, heavy skillet. Add the asparagus and salt to taste.
What is sauteed asparagus?Sauteed asparagus is the fastest way to turn this veggie into a healthy side dish! Cook it simply with lemon, or customize with herbs or garlic. Here’s a simple way to get a side dish on the table…fast: sauteed asparagus!
How to cook Lemon Honey garlic asparagus?This lemon honey garlic asparagus recipe has a crisp outside with a tender inside cooked in a lemon, honey marinade with minced garlic. This asparagus compliments any main dish and adds a colorful feel to the table! Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Break off the ends of asparagus. In a large bowl add the asparagus.
How long does it take to cook asparagus?Saute 5 to 8 minutes, until tender! The exact timing will depend on the size of the stalks and the maturity (fresher asparagus cooks faster). Add lemon juice & zest: Stir in lemon juice and zest until the flavor pops!