SAUTEED SQUASH MEDLEY
"This recipe never lasts long on our table. I usually serve it with an Italian-style entree." We think it's a great partner for most any main dish! Kay Ayotte - Albion, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, saute the squash, zucchini, mushrooms, onion and red pepper in butter for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic salt and pepper; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 91 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 285mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ROASTED SQUASH VEGETABLE MEDLEY
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine zucchini and yellow squash pieces with onions and mushrooms in a mixing bowl. Add oil to the bowl, 2 turns of the bowl in a slow stream. Toss veggies until they are coated lightly and evenly with the oil.
- Combine poultry seasoning with salt and pepper and sprinkle evenly over the vegetables. Toss them again to combine and spread them out on to a baking sheet. Place veggies in a hot oven and roast 20 to 25 minutes until tender. Toss and turn the veggies with kitchen tongs half way through cooking time.
SAUTéED SUMMER SQUASH WITH RED PEPPER AND ONION
This is the time of year when, no matter what part of the country you live in, tables at farmers' markets are piled high with summer squash, mounds of it: yellow, light green and dark, round and long. This is a vegetable that expresses itself well in a wide range of dishes; just about every cuisine in the world knows how to show it off. It's an excellent low-calorie food, with only 19 calories per cup of raw squash. This dish is great on its own as a side dish, but it can also be incorporated into many other recipes.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield Serves 6 to 8
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat and add the onion. Cook, stirring often, until tender, 5 to 8 minutes, and add the garlic, summer squash, red pepper, and about 3/4 teaspoon salt. Turn the heat to medium-high and cook, stirring, until the squash is translucent and the red pepper tender, about 10 minutes. Add freshly ground pepper, taste and adjust salt. Stir in the parsley and remove from the heat. Serve as a side dish, or use as a filling for a vegetable tart, gratin, or frittata.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 51, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 4 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 248 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams
ROASTED VEGETABLE MEDLEY
This colorful dish has the perfect blend of sweet and savory. It is simple to prepare and can be served as a side dish, salad, or light meal. Feel free to substitute whatever veggies and herbs you have on hand.
Provided by Lorelei
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place the yams, parsnips, and carrots onto the baking sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then add the zucchini and asparagus, and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Continue baking until all of the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes more. Once tender, remove from the oven, and allow to cool for 30 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Toss the roasted peppers together with the garlic, basil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until combined. Add the roasted vegetables, and toss to mix. Serve at room temperature or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190.7 calories, Carbohydrate 34.6 g, Fat 5 g, Fiber 7.5 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 256.5 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
I finally got my family to like squash after I came across this unique recipe. I serve this delicious dish often, especially when squash abounds in our garden. -Dolores Wolff Rosenberg, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan. Add squash and zucchini. Bring to a boil; cook for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings., In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Add the squash, brown sugar and seasonings. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 132 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 317mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
ROAST WALNUT AND SQUASH MEDLEY WITH PERSILLADE
Think of all the activities that your microbes do for you, from releasing vitamins to creating fatty acids and hormones that impact your mood and inflammation. This dish-a one-tray vegetable bake with a little French flair-contains a variety of different sources of fiber and colors to help gut microbes bloom and shows how supporting your gut health can be easy, with no compromise on flavor. Persillade is an herby sauce, a little like a French pesto, made with ingredients we have an abundance of in the US.
Provided by Dr. Rupy Aujla
Yield 2 servings plus leftovers
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the vegetables and nuts on a large baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, tossing everything halfway through so the ingredients cook evenly, until the vegetables are tender and the nuts are toasted.
- Combine the persillade ingredients in a bowl with some salt and pepper. Remove the roasted vegetables and nuts from the oven, transfer to serving bowls, and dollop the persillade over the top.
SAVORY SQUASH & RED PEPPER MEDLEY
Adding a dollop of hummus (I like the variety with roasted peppers and garlic) to any sautéed vegetable gives a delightful twist on flavor.
Provided by My Food Coach
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Sautee the first 4 ingredients in olive oil.
- Add fresh basil and dried oregano.
- Remove from heat. Add hummus - should very lightly coat squash mixture.
SUMMER SQUASH MEDLEY
- Put oil in a 2 1/2-quart souffle dish with a tightly fitting lid. Cook, uncovered, at 100 percent power in a high-power oven for 1 minute. Stir in garlic. Cook, uncovered, 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Stir in squash. Cook, covered, 5 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in tomatoes and salt. Cook, uncovered, 6 minutes. Stir in basil and cook, uncovered, 1 minute.
- Remove from oven. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 112, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 11 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 606 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams
MEXICAN STYLE SQUASH MEDLEY
This is an old family recipe. We cooked it without measuring ingredients so I had to stop and weigh and measure in order to post it! Not hot spicy, but a different and flavorful way to cook summer produce and it is even better the next day (if it lasts that long).
Provided by 16Paws
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in large lidded skillet.
- Add squash, onion and garlic and saute until tender crisp.
- Add jalepeno (if using), tomatoes, corn, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cover pan, reduce heat and simmer until it all cooks down (about 25 minutes, more or less to your taste). Stir occasionally.
- Uncover pan, sprinkle cheese on top. Serve after cheese melts.
- This lends itself nicely to whatever else you have around. Chopped bell peppers are a nice addition.
STEAMED SQUASH MEDLEY WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl with the boiling water, and allow to sit 10 minutes. Remove tomatoes with a slotted spoon, and coarsely chop. Reserve the water.
- Transfer the reserved sun-dried tomato water to a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Place the chopped sun-dried tomatoes, zucchini, squash, and onion in a steamer basket, and set over the boiling water. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Discard water.
- Transfer the steamed vegetables to a bowl, and mix with butter, sugar, pepper, and salt to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102.8 calories, Carbohydrate 14.9 g, Cholesterol 10.2 mg, Fat 4.6 g, Fiber 5.3 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 85.4 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND RED PEPPER CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- With a sharp knife cut squash crosswise into 2-inch-thick slices. Working with 1 slice at a time, cut side down, cut away peel and seeds and cut squash into 1-inch cubes (about 9 cups).
- In a large bowl stir together squash, bell pepper, oil, garlic, herbs, black pepper, and salt to taste. Transfer mixture to a 2- to 2 1/2-quart gratin dish or other shallow baking dish and sprinkle evenly with Parmesan.
- Bake casserole in middle of oven until squash is tender and top is golden, about 1 hour.
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH MEDLEY
There's a medley of roasted vegetables here, from butternut squash to green beans, but some will hear a symphony when they detect the smoky bits of bacon.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings, 3/4 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Cook and stir bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 2 Tbsp. drippings from skillet.
- Pour reserved drippings into small bowl. Add dressing, mustard and sugar; mix well. Reserve 1 Tbsp. dressing mixture for later use. Add remaining dressing mixture to combined vegetables in large bowl; mix lightly. Spread onto rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 min. or until vegetables are tender, turning after 15 min.
- Spoon vegetables into bowl. Add bacon and reserved dressing mixture; mix lightly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110, Fat 6 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 150 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 3 g
More about "savory squash red pepper medley recipes"
DELICATA SQUASH AND RED PEPPER SKILLET - PALEO GRUBS
SUMMER SQUASH MEDLEY - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
SWEET PEPPER, MUSHROOM, AND ONION MEDLEY RECIPE
SQUASH AND SNAP PEAS MEDLEY - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
ROASTED SUMMER SQUASH WITH SWEET PEPPERS AND ONION
ROASTED SQUASH MEDLEY - CANADIAN LIVING
SAVORY SQUASH & RED PEPPER MEDLEY RECIPE
10 BEST SEAFOOD MEDLEY RECIPES | YUMMLY
SAUTEED SQUASH MEDLEY - READY SET EAT
SAVORY SQUASH AND PEPPERS PIE | PURE FLAVOR®
SQUASH MEDLEY RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
SAVORY SQUASH AND PEAR CRUMBLE - CALIFORNIA WALNUTS
SQUASH MEDLEY - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
YELLOW SQUASH AND CORN MEDLEY - FAMILY FOOD ON THE TABLE
SUMMER SQUASH MEDLEY RECIPE | RECIPELAND
ROASTED SEASONED WINTER SQUASH MEDLEY - SKINNYTASTE
SIMPLE SKILLET SQUASH MEDLEY - MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
OVEN ROASTED SQUASH MEDLEY WITH ONIONS, TOMATOES, AND
TWICE-BAKED SQUASH MEDLEY - PEPPERIDGE FARM
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH MEDLEY - DELIGHTFUL E MADE
ROASTED SEASONED WINTER SQUASH MEDLEY RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
SAVORY SQUASH & RED PEPPER MEDLEY RECIPE - HEALTHY.FOOD.COM
VEGGIE BAKE | OVEN-ROASTED ZUCCHINI MEDLEY - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
SQUASH MEDLEY - MSU HEALTH4U
CREAMY KABOCHA SQUASH AND ROASTED RED PEPPER PASTA (GLUTEN …
SAVORY ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH RED PEPPER SOUP
21 ACORN SQUASH RECIPES SAVORY - SELECTED RECIPES
PICKLED SQUASH MEDLEY - EMERILS.COM
STUFFED ACORN SQUASH + WILD RICE MEDLEY - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
SQUASH MEDLEY RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook squash and zucchini for Soup?In a large skillet, saute the squash, zucchini, mushrooms, onion and red pepper in butter for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic salt and pepper; sprinkle with cheese.
What is the ratio of red pepper to squash in this recipe?I doubled the red pepper. I really enjoy the balance of the sweetness of the squash and savory of the pepper and prefer the ratio to be around 60 squash/40 red pepper. I also agree with previous notes- cut the oil in half. The dish is simple, but sophisticated in taste.
How to cook squash in the oven?Sign in Preheat oven to 400°F. With a sharp knife cut squash crosswise into 2-inch-thick slices. Working with 1 slice at a time, cut side down, cut away peel and seeds and cut squash into 1-inch cubes (about 9 cups). In a large bowl stir together squash, bell pepper, oil, garlic, herbs, black pepper, and salt to taste.
What is the best way to cook butternut squash soup?This roasted butternut squash soup recipe is hearty and savory. All the spices blend well together and give the recipe a kick of flavor. Roasted red peppers add a hint of sweetness to the soup. It is a labor of love, but so worth it. Preheat oven to 400. Cover a large baking sheet (I used a half sheet pan) in foil.