BAKED PEACH-CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO WITH SCALLOPS
This Baked Peach-Champagne Risotto with Scallops is just as creamy and dreamy as the stove-top kind, but it requires NO stirring! Delicately flavored with peach, champagne and chives, this risotto is to die for delicious!
Provided by Cheyanne Holzworth
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat an oven to 400°F.
- Heat a 3 -4 quart stock pot or wide Dutch oven, with a tight fitting lid, over medium - medium/low heat and warm the Butter. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and season with a few pinches of salt (about 1/8th tsp) and cook for 30 seconds -1 minute, until aromatic.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the rice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted and every grain is coated with Butter, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of the Champagne and cook for 2 minute, until Arborio starts to look creamy in texture. Stir in the broth, increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a rapid simmer (this will take about 2 minutes).
- Cover the pot, transfer to the oven and bake, stirring once halfway through, until the rice is tender and the liquid is almost absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- While Risotto is baking, Sauté the Scallops. Heat Oil in a Cast iron skillet (or nonstick sauté pan) over medium high heat. Season Scallops with Salt and Pepper. Sauté 2 minutes (don't move them or touch them as they are cooking, you want to develop a nice crust on the outside), flip and cook an additional 1 ½ to 2 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. Remove from pan, transfer to a plate and set aside. (Optionally - remove scallops to a cutting board. Cut scallops in ½ or 3rds and set aside.)
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add butter, and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Once melted, add the (1/4th cup) champagne. Scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan using a whisk and bring sauce to a boil. Cook until reduced to desired consistency. (I reduced mine for about 4 minutes). Remove sauce from heat and set aside.
- Transfer Risotto to the Stove top. Over low heat, stir the remaining 1/4 cup Champagne into the risotto, then stir in the cheese.
- Remove from heat and stir in ½ and ½. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve: spoon the risotto into warmed bowls, top with sautéed Scallops, reserved sauce, and garnish with Chives and additional Parmigianino, if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 718 kcal, Carbohydrate 68 g, Protein 24 g, Fat 34 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, Cholesterol 94 mg, Sodium 733 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the slices of prosciutto on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake until the prosciutto slices are almost completely crisp, about 6 to 8 minutes. The slices will crisp up even more as they cool. Reserve for garnish.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Blanch the asparagus in the chicken stock for 2 minutes. Remove the asparagus with a slotted spoon. Set the asparagus aside and keep the chicken stock at a low simmer.
- In another medium saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the shallot and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the Arborio rice and stir to coat in the butter. Continue toasting the rice, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes more. Add the Champagne and simmer until the liquid has almost evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the simmering broth and stir until almost completely absorbed, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking the rice, adding the broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each addition of broth to absorb before adding the next, until the rice is tender but still firm to the bite and the mixture is creamy, about 20 minutes total. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the asparagus, remaining butter, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Spoon the risotto into serving dishes and garnish by breaking the crisp prosciutto into smaller pieces over the top of the risotto. Serve immediately.
ITALIAN SHRIMP AND SCALLOP RISOTTO
The secret to making a good seafood risotto is to use a high-quality fish stock and of course the freshest seafood you can find. Cook the shellfish and rice separately, as the rice needs more time. If you cook them together, the shellfish will overcook and get chewy.
Provided by tea
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over a medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until starting to sizzle, about 2 minutes. Stir in scallops and cook for 1 minute. Add shrimp and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook over high heat until shrimp are pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup white wine into the skillet and let the alcohol evaporate. Scrape the bottom of the skillet to deglaze; cook until the liquid is reduced, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, add lemon juice, and sprinkle with 1/2 of the parsley. Discard garlic. Cover the skillet to keep shellfish warm.
- Pour fish stock into a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Melt butter in a skillet over low heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and shallot. Cook until shallot is soft and translucent, but not brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Increase heat and add rice; cook until rice has absorbed the oil and butter and has a nutty aroma, stirring often, 1 to 2 minutes. Make sure not to burn the shallot and reduce heat if skillet gets too hot.
- Pour 1/2 cup white wine into the skillet and stir until alcohol has evaporated. Add 1 ladleful of fish stock, stir, and cook until rice has absorbed the stock. Add another ladleful and repeat the process until the rice is tender, 15 to 18 minutes in total.
- Add shellfish with their juices to the risotto pan 3 minutes before the end of cooking. Stir and finish cooking all together, adding stock if needed. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining parsley and 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Let risotto stand for 2 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 702.8 calories, Carbohydrate 75.2 g, Cholesterol 125 mg, Fat 25.4 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 1059.1 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
SCALLOP RISOTTO WITH CHAMPAGNE
- Mince green onions, separating white parts and tops, set aside.
- Place broth in a small saucepan, bring a simmer, do not boil.
- Keep warm over low heat.
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray, and place over medium heat until hot.
- Add butter and white parts of onions, cook until tender.
- Add rice, and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add champagne, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 5 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup warm broth, cook 5 minutes,stirring occasionally, until liquid is nearly absorbed.
- Add remaining broth, and cook 5 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in onion tops, water, and scallops, cook an additional 5 minutes or until mixture is creamy.
- Rice will be slightly firm.
- Serve immediately.
CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO WITH SCALLOPS
- Melt butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions; sauté 1 minute. Add rice; sauté 2 minutes. Add Champagne; simmer until almost all liquid evaporates, stirring often, about 2 minutes. Add 1 can broth; simmer until rice is almost tender, stirring often, about 15 minutes. Add scallops; simmer until scallops are cooked through and rice is tender but still firm to bite and mixture is creamy, adding more broth if too thick and stirring often, about 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the stock in a medium saucepan over medium heat; lower the heat so the stock stays warm without simmering.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot, season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 1 minute. Add the rice, season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is coated and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the wine and cook, stirring constantly, until completely absorbed, about 1 minute.
- Ladle about 1/4 cup hot stock into the risotto and cook, stirring, until absorbed. Continue to add the stock in additions of about 1/4 cup, gradually working up to 1/2-cup additions, stirring until absorbed before adding more. Continue adding broth and stirring until the rice is tender and creamy, about 18 minutes. (You may have leftover stock, or may need to add a little water if you run out; this will depend on your rice.)
- While the rice cooks, trim the woody end of the asparagus off and cut the stalks into 3/4-inch pieces.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the asparagus, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the Parmesan, lemon juice and lemon zest, stirring until the risotto is creamy. Add a splash of water to loosen, if necessary. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over high heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Season the scallops with salt and pepper and add them to the skillet. Cook, undisturbed, until browned and crisp on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the scallops and continue to cook until just cooked through, about 1 more minute. Transfer to a plate.
- Divide the risotto between bowls and top with the scallops; sprinkle with chives and more Parmesan.
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH BASIL RISOTTO
There's just something about the caramelized crust and meaty interior of scallops that makes them the perfect protein. They also have a naturally delicate flavor, so it's important to let them shine with a simple seasoning of salt and pepper. However, that means whatever scallops are served with has to take the lead with big, bold taste. Cue basil-pineapple risotto! Once you make risotto with pineapple juice, you'll be hard pressed to go without it ever again. If you're looking to wow guests with a meal they'd be likely to find in a five-star restaurant, then this is your dish.
Provided by Kelly Senyei
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine the pineapple juice and broth in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then cover with a lid and remove from the heat.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan set over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add a ladle of the hot juice mixture to the saucepan and cook, stirring, until the liquid is fully absorbed. Continue adding the hot liquid to the saucepan, one ladle at a time and stirring intermittently, until the rice is no longer crunchy, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper, then turn off the heat and stir in the basil. Set aside, covered, while you cook the scallops.
- Pat the scallops dry, then season with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a medium skillet set over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add half the scallops and cook undisturbed for 2 minutes. Flip the scallops once, then tilt the skillet and baste them with the oil. Continue cooking the scallops an additional 1 minute, until no longer translucent. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining scallops, adding more oil as needed.
- Divide the risotto among serving plates and top with the scallops.
- Garnish with microgreens and serve.
RISOTTO WITH CREAMY SCALLOPS AND TOMATOES
- In a saucepan, heat the stock to a simmer.
- Chop the onion. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a deep, heavy-bottom pot. Add the onion, and saute over medium heat until onion begins to take on a little color.
- Chop the shallots, and mince the garlic.
- When the onion has softened, add the rice and stir to coat. Add the wine to the rice. Stir and let the wine cook away, about 2 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick saute pan until it is very hot. Reduce the heat to medium-high, and add the remaining teaspoon of oil. Saute the shallots and garlic until they begin to soften.
- Add a cup of simmering stock to the rice, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring about every 2 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed. Repeat this procedure, adding more stock as it is absorbed into the rice, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, wash, trim and slice the tomatoes. Add them to the shallots and garlic, and cook until they soften, about 5 minutes. Wash and chop the thyme, and add it to the tomatoes as they cook.
- Wash the scallops. Whisk the ricotta and yogurt. Grate the lemon rind.
- A couple of minutes before the rice is tender, stir the scallops into the tomato mixture and cook. Remove from heat, and stir the yogurt and ricotta mixture into the tomato mixture. Stir in the grated rind.
- Remove the risotto from the heat, and stir in the scallop mixture. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 561, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 77 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 31 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 1128 milligrams, Sugar 10 grams, TransFat 0 grams
DECADENT LOBSTER & SCALLOP RISOTTO
An elegant and easy to make dish that can make a little seafood go a long way. Perfect for a romantic dinner for two or for an impress-your-guests dinner party appetizer or side dish. The key to the mouthwatering lobster flavor is in the lobster stock used. The use of frozen lobster and sea scallops (which I always have in my freezer) makes this something you can quickly whip up from ingredients on hand. Substituting King or Snow crab would work just as well. Serve with champagne, sparkling wine or the same dry white wine used in the preparation for a perfect finish.
Provided by Ultimate foodie far
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 main dish or side dish portions, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Start the stock per directions on the jar. Keep on medium heat but under a boil.
- If scallops are frozen begin thawing them by placing in bowl of luke warm water.
- Heat pot of water to boiling. Add sweet corn and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove corn to cool and add frozen, precooked lobster. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes. (If lobster is fresh leave heat on and cook until shells turn red.).
- While lobster is heating, chop scallions and cut corn off of cob.
- Remove lobster from pot. Let cool then remove lobster from shells. Add all shells to lobster bouillon and lower heat to medium-low and simmer.
- I recommend that lobster and scallops be roughly chopped into some large and some small pieces. For presentation purposes you can reserve some nice looking whole claws and scallops.
- Heat olive oil in deep pan, add scallions and sauté 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Add rice, stir to coat well and continue sautéing and stirring until rice has absorbed the oil and appears translucent around the edges with a white spot in the center of each grain. Approximately 3 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add wine. Simmer and stir until wine is absorbed into rice. Stir in cut corn.
- Begin adding lobster stock into rice by the ladle full (or approximately 1/2 cup at a time). Stir and continue stirring constantly as broth is absorbed. Don't let the risotto get too soupy or too dry. Continue adding broth in this manner and stirring until rice is almost tender. Approximately 20 minutes.
- Just before rice reaches al dente texture, lower heat to simmer, stir in lobster and scallops. Cook another 5 minutes or until rice is al dente and scallops are translucent.
- Turn off heat. Stir in white pepper, salt, sherry, cream, cheese and 1/4 cup broth. Cover, let sit 5 minutes for flavors to blend and rice to absorb more broth. Stir and serve.
More about "scallop risotto with champagne recipes"
SCALLOP RISOTTO - CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO WITH BROWN BUTTER …
5/5 (67)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Pat the scallops completely dry with a paper towel and season them all over with salt and pepper.
BROWN BUTTER SCALLOPS WITH PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE
10 BEST RISOTTO WITH SCALLOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SCALLOP RISOTTO | TASTE OF NOVA SCOTIA
LEMON BUTTER SCALLOPS OVER PARMESAN RISOTTO RECIPE
CREAMY CHORIZO RISOTTO WITH SEARED SCALLOPS (OR PRAWNS)
CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO WITH BAY SCALLOPS RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
EASY BAKED CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO - THE SEASONED MOM
CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO – GIADZY
CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO WITH SCALLOPS RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE
SCALLOPS WITH CHAMPAGNE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO WITH SCALLOPS | RECIPE | SCALLOP RECIPES, RISOTTO ...
CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO AND SCALLOPS - COOKEATSHARE
SCALLOPS WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOM RISOTTO AND CHAMPAGNE …
CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO WITH SCALLOPS | THE SWAP
SEA SCALLOP RISOTTO - CLEARWATER
PISTACHIO CRUSTED SEA SCALLOPS CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO AND ASPARAGUS
CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO WITH SCALLOPS RECIPE
BROWN BUTTER SCALLOP’S WITH CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO — COOK WITH RED
SCALLOP RISOTTO - FOODNETWORK.CA
CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO WITH SCALLOPS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO WITH SEARED SCALLOPS AND PEAS
PISTACHIO-ENCRUSTED SEA SCALLOPS WITH CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO AND …
SCALLOP RISOTTO RECIPE | SEAFOOD RECIPES | TESCO REAL FOOD
SCALLOP RISOTTO RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH A CHAMPAGNE VANILLA BUTTER SAUCE
10 BEST SHRIMP SCALLOP RISOTTO RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO WITH SCALLOPS (RISOTTO ALLO CHAMPAGNE CON …
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO - ENGLISH
SCALLOP RISOTTO WITH LEMON & SWEET PEAS - PLATINGS + PAIRINGS
RISOTTO WITH CHAMPAGNE AND RADICCHIO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH CHAMPAGNE SAUCE RECIPE - SPAIN ON A FORK
CHAMPAGNE RISOTTO WITH SEARED SCALLOPS AND PEAS
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH FRESH CORN RISOTTO - WHAT SHOULD I MAKE FOR...
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS IN CREAMY CHAMPAGNE SAUCE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #healthy #side-dishes #rice #seafood #american #canadian #dinner-party #holiday-event #low-fat #stove-top #dietary #christmas #new-years #thanksgiving #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #pacific-northwest #scallops #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #short-grain-rice #shellfish #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook risotto with scallops?When the risotto has 4 minutes to go, heat a large non-stick, heavy-based frying pan over a high heat until smoking hot. Reduce the heat to medium-high, add the butter, olive oil and half the scallops and sear for 1 minute, seasoning with salt and pepper as they cook. Quickly turn them over, season again and cook for another minute.
How to cook scallops?Add a splash of water to loosen, if necessary. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over high heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Season the scallops with salt and pepper and add them to the skillet. Cook, undisturbed, until browned and crisp on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes.
How to cook risotto with mushrooms?Heat butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic. Simmer until softened, 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms, cook for 1-2 additional minutes. Add risotto and stir for 1 minute. Add the white wine and simmer for an additional minute.
What to serve with lemon butter scallops?Simple lemon butter scallops served over my favorite risotto recipe made with shallots, garlic, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, and a little white wine. Heat butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic. Simmer until softened, 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms, cook for 1-2 additional minutes. Add risotto and stir for 1 minute.