PICKLED HERRING AND CUCUMBER SALAD
It just so happens I like cucumber salad and pickled herring, so I decided to try this combination and the results are great. You can add your own seasoning to give it some zip, but I prefer just to leave it alone. The prep time and cook time are about the same.
Provided by Thor
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion in a large glass mixing bowl.
- Stir vinegar and sugar together in a small saucepan over medium-low and bring to a boil; cook and stir until the sugar dissolves. Pour over the vegetable mixture. Marinate mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Stir the reserved liquid from the herring into the vegetable mixture. Fold herring into the vegetable mixture. Refrigerate 1 hour more before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.1 calories, Carbohydrate 30.2 g, Cholesterol 11.1 mg, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 13.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 748.3 mg, Sugar 17.4 g
SILLSALLAD (HERRING SALAD) WITH DILLED SOUR CREAM
This is a lovely salad that has pickled beets, potatoes, apples, and onions to name a few. It's wonderful for lunch. Cooking time is chill time. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
Provided by Amis227
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place herring, potatoes, beets, pickles, apple and onion in glass or plastic bowl.
- Mix vinegar, sugar, water and pepper; pour over herring mixture.
- Toss lightly.
- Cover and refrigerate, stirring once or twice, at least 2 hours.
- Serve with Dilled Sour Cream.
- Garnish with parsley and wedges of hardboiled egg if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 786, Fat 40.7, SaturatedFat 11.5, Cholesterol 46.6, Sodium 1701.3, Carbohydrate 77.2, Fiber 7.6, Sugar 24, Protein 28.6
SEVEN-LAYER SALAD WITH DILL-CAPER DRESSING
- To make the dressing: Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard, dill, and capers in a small bowl. Season, to taste, with salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Layer the vegetables in a large glass bowl in the following order: romaine, tomatoes, carrots, celery, red pepper, and corn. Arrange overlapping slices of the cucumber on top. Spread the dressing over the cucumbers.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 8 hours. Just before serving, toss well.
SILLSALLAD (HERRING SALAD IN SOUR CREAM SAUCE)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the finely chopped herring, optional meat, potatoes, beets, apple, onion and pickle. Mix 3 tablespoons of the dill with the vinegar, add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the salad and toss gently with a wooden spoon. DRESSING: Remove the yolks from the hard cooked eggs. Mince the whites and set them aside. Force the yolks through a sieve into a small bowl with the back of a large spoon, then mash them to a paste with the tablespoon of prepared mustard. Gradually beat in the vinegar and oil, then the cream, a tablespoon at a time, until the sauce has the consitency of heavy cream. Pour over the salad, mix lightly but thoroughly, cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, transfer the salad to a large serving bowl or platter and sprinkle it with the minced egg whites and remaining chopped dill. SAUCE: Stir the beet and lemon juice into the sour cream until it is smooth and well blended. Pass this sauce separately.
Nutrition Facts :
HERINGSTOPF MIT SAURER SAHNE (HERRING SALAD WITH SOUR CREAM)
I grew up in North-Rhine Westphalia, in Germany, where this is eaten quite regularly. I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar as it didn't have a home and I thought it'd be nice to actually make this recipe, also known as Herringsstip, as I usually just buy it ready made. I'll update once I've made it, but if you make it before me, please let me know what you think!
Provided by -Sylvie-
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Blend thoroughly sour cream, yogurt, lemon juice and sugar.
- Peel onions and cut into thin slices.
- Peel and quarter apples, remove cores and cut into thin wedges.
- Blend onions and apples with sauce.
- In a dish arrange herring and apple-onion mixture in layers.
- Cover tightly and marinate in refrigerator for 5 hours.
- Sprinkle with dill before serving.
SILLSALLAD (HERRING SALAD)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Fillet fish and soak overnight in cold water in refrigerator. Remove small bones and skin from herring. Rinse and drain. Dice.Mix herring, potatoes, beets, apple and onion. Mix dill weed with the vinegar, pour over the salad ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste and toss gently with a wooden spoon.Dressing:*Remove yolks from the eggs. Mince whites and reserve. Force the yolks through a sieve into a small bowl and then mash to paste. Add the mustard and mix. Gradually beat in the vinegar and oil, then add cream, a tablespoon at a time. Pour over the salad and mix lightly but thoroughly. Cover and chill for at least two hours. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl or platter. Sprinkle with a very little dill weed.Sauce:*Mix and pass separately.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
LAYERED PICKLED HERRING SALAD WITH TART APPLES AND RED ONION
- For cucumbers:
- Mix vinegar, water, sugar, pickling spice and salt in heavy medium saucepan; bring to boil, stirring until sugar and salt dissolve. Cool to room temperature. Place cucumbers in large glass bowl. Pour marinade over cucumbers. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- For salad:
- Mix apples, red onion, sour cream and chopped dill in large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using slotted spoon, remove cucumbers from marinade. Arrange half of cucumbers in bottom of 8 x 8 x 2-inch glass dish. Arrange half of radishes atop cucumbers. Spoon half of apple mixture over radishes. Arrange herring evenly atop apple mixture. Spoon remaining apple mixture over herring. Cover with remaining cucumbers, then radishes. Cover and chill salad 3 hours.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on platter. Spoon salad onto leaves. Garnish with dill sprigs, if desired, and serve.
DILL SOUR CREAM POTATO SALAD
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, celery and green onions.
- In a small bowl combine vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and dill weed. Pour over potatoes and toss gently. Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight.
- Stir in sour cream, and pickles just before serving. Garnish with tomato wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259.7 calories, Carbohydrate 27.5 g, Cholesterol 15.2 mg, Fat 15.7 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 494.5 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
More about "sillsallad herring salad with dilled sour cream recipes"
GERMAN RED HERRING SALAD (ROTER HERINGSSALAT ... - THE …
CREAMED HERRING SALAD - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST PICKLED HERRING SALAD RECIPES - YUMMLY
MUTTI'S HERRING SALAD WITH CREAM MADE JUST LIKE OMA
SILLSALLAD / HERRING SALAD - SWENZ TASTE - SWENZ …
HERRING IN DILL CREAM RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
SILLSALLAD (HERRING SALAD IN SOUR CREAM SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
Reviews 1Servings 8Cuisine AmericanCategory Salad
HERRING POTATO SALAD WITH DILL PICKLES & SOUR CREAM | EASY HERRING …
RECIPE: SILLSALLAD (HERRING SALAD IN SOUR CREAM SAUCE
SIL SALAT-(HERRING SALAD) - RECIPE CIRCUS
RECIPES > SALAD > HOW TO MAKE HERRING SALAD
HERRING SALAD IN CREAM SAUCE - TINY NEW YORK KITCHEN
SWEDISH HERRING SALAD - NSC
HERRING SALAD WITH SOUR CREAM RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
PICKLED HERRING SALAD | CANADIAN LIVING
SILLSALLAD (HERRING SALAD IN SOUR CREAM SAUCE) RECIPE - COOKING …
SILLSALLAD (HERRING SALAD IN SOUR CREAM SAUCE)
RECIPES > SALAD > HOW TO MAKE SILLSALLAD (HERRING SALAD IN SOUR …
SILLSALLAD | SILLSALLAD | AMERICANRECIPES.EU
HERRING SALAD WITH SOUR CREAM SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
HERRING, POTATO AND DILL SALAD RECIPE WITH PICKLES AND SOUR CREAM
SILLSALLAD (HERRING SALAD IN SOUR CREAM SAUCE - RECIPICKS.COM
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
CREAMY SALAD DRESSING WITH SOUR CREAM RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
ASTRAY RECIPES: SILLSALLAD (HERRING SALAD IN SOUR CREAM SAUCE
HERRING SALAD (SILLSALLAD) RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
HERRING IN SOUR CREAM DILL SAUCE - THE WEATHERED GREY TABLE
HERRING SALAD WITH SOUR CREAM SAUCE (SILLSALLAD) RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
HERRING SALAD WITH POTATOES, EGGS, CUCUMBERS IN BRINE AND APPLES
SILLSALLAD "DON'T LET THE TITLE SCARE YOU" (HERRING SALAD)
GERMAN-STYLE HERRING SALAD - GERMANFOODS.ORG
HERRING SALAD | SILLSALLAD - RECIPE GOLDMINE RECIPES
WELOVEGOD.ORG - SHARE YOUR RECIPE! - SILLSALLAD (HERRING SALAD IN …
HERRING SALAD | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
You'll also love