SIMPLE AND TASTY GREEN BEANS
- Place green beans, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper into a resealable plastic bag; marinate for 10 minutes.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Spread green beans into a shallow baking pan; place under the broiler and cook until barely tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 73 calories, Carbohydrate 8.9 g, Cholesterol 1.1 mg, Fat 3.9 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 316.9 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
HEALTHY GARLIC GREEN BEANS
"Because this recipe is easy to prepare, healthy and delicious, it has become the only way I make green beans," says Clara Saxe of Colorado Springs, Colorado. The versatile beans feature plenty of garlic and Italian seasoning and complement most any entree.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a 15x10x1-in. baking pan, toss green beans, oil, garlic and Italian seasoning until beans are well coated. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 79 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 203mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
TASTY GREEN BEANS
Made with soy sauce, these are my family's all time favorite green beans, especially with recipe #108401. mmmmmmmmm. tasty. I've modified the recipe from the original, found on Allrecipes.com.
Provided by Gatorbek
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add green beans and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add green beans, onions, and garlic.
- Stir in soy sauce.
- While stirring, add bouillon and water.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until beans reach desired tenderness.
- CAUTION: THIS CAN GET SALTY! If you don't like salty food, use low sodium soy sauce and cut WAAAY back on the bouillon until you get it to your preference. My in-laws are on a low-sodium diet, and they don't like it, but my family can't get enough. Go figure! :).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.6, Fat 23.4, SaturatedFat 14.7, Cholesterol 61, Sodium 2209.9, Carbohydrate 20.3, Fiber 8.2, Sugar 4.4, Protein 8.4
THE BEST GREEN BEANS EVER
Ree Drummond's Best Green Beans Ever recipe, from The Pioneer Woman on Food Network, starts with bacon grease and gains even more flavor from chicken stock.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Snap the stem ends of the green beans, or cut them off in a big bunch with a knife if you'd prefer.
- Melt the bacon grease in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook for a minute. Then add the green beans and cook until the beans turn bright green, about a minute. Add the chicken broth, chopped red pepper, salt and pepper to taste. Turn the heat to low and cover the skillet with a lid, leaving the lid cracked to allow steam to escape. Cook until the liquid evaporates and the beans are fairly soft, yet still a bit crisp, 20 to 30 minutes. You can add more chicken broth during the cooking process, but don't be afraid to let it all cook away so the onions and peppers can start to caramelize.
More about "simple and tasty green beans recipes"
EASY & FLAVORFUL CANNED GREEN BEAN RECIPE • LONGBOURN FARM
4/5 Total Time 15 minsCategory Side DishCalories 46 per serving See details »
THE BEST SAUTéED GREEN BEANS RECIPE - EASY FAMILY RECIPES
5/5 (5)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once heated add the green beans and cook for 6-7 minutes for thin green beans, or 8-9 minutes for thick green beans, stirring regularly until they begin to soften and brown slightly on the outside.
- Use a garlic press to press in the garlic. Then stir in the salt and pepper to taste and cook and additional 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
SIMPLE SKILLET GREEN BEANS - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanCategory Side DishServings 5Total Time 15 mins See details »
SIMPLE, VIBRANT, TASTY GREEN BEANS - 101 COOKBOOKS
4.2/5 (18)Category Side, Side DishCuisine Thanksgiving, Vegan, VegetarianTotal Time 18 mins See details »
11 FRESH GREEN BEAN RECIPES | REAL SIMPLE
See details »
BEST SAUTEED GREEN BEANS WITH GARLIC (EASY RECIPE!) | THE ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory Side DishServings 4Total Time 10 mins
- Heat a large pan over high heat. When it’s hot, add the oil and green beans. Cook the green beans, tossing occasionally, until soft and starting to blister and turn black in a few spots, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook the beans for 1 minute more. Remove the pan from the heat and toss with the sea salt.
QUICK AND EASY GREEN BEANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (6)Total Time 6 minsServings 4 See details »
30 BEST BEAN RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Vegan and Vegetarian Bean and Rice Burrito. Make fresh, filling, healthy bean and rice burritos for your next meatless Monday, or a quick vegan dinner the rest of the week.
- Caribbean Yellow Rice and Pink Beans. Rice and beans are staples in Caribbean cuisine, where they are often enjoyed as an inexpensive, protein-rich meal on their own.
- Copycat Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli. Pasta e fagioli is a delicious, Italian-American soup that makes an inexpensive meal for families on a budget. This restaurant-style recipe adds ground sausage to transform this humble soup of canned tomatoes, canned beans, aromatics, and herbs into a meaty, filling main course in one bowl.
- French Chicken and Sausage Cassoulet With White Beans. This chicken and sausage cassoulet with white beans is a modern update on the classic French country recipe.
- Instant Pot Refried Beans. Make this your go-to recipe for refried beans to use in tacos, burritos, and quesadillas. The instant pot cooks up Mexican restaurant-style refried beans in a fraction of the time they would take on the stove-top, with no presoaking required.
- Classic American Senate Bean Soup. Classic bean soup with ham has been on the menu in the U.S. Senate dining room for over 100 years. It uses inexpensive ingredients, is hearty enough to make a meal, and while it needs a long cooking time, there isn't much work to do.
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Taco Soup. Fully loaded, Mexican vegetarian taco soup with three kinds of beans is a filling, healthy meatless meal that's delicious as all get-out.
- Black Bean Hummus. Add Southwestern flair to a buffet table with this rich-tasting hummus dip that uses canned black beans instead of chickpeas. Whip it up in just 10 minutes in your food processor, and serve with flat breads, crackers, or raw veggie sticks.
- Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili. Win your next potluck with this tasty vegan black bean and sweet potato chili. It's hearty and flavorful enough to please even meat-eaters, with sweet potatoes, black beans, carrots, canned diced tomatoes, and classic chili spices.
- Black Bean and Mango Salad. Hearty black beans and sweet, juicy mangoes mingle with crunchy bell pepper, jalapenoes, fresh cilantro, and a zippy lime vinaigrette dressing in this simply delicious vegetarian, vegan, high-protein, low-calorie, and gluten-free bean salad.
BEST EVER GREEN BEANS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
Cuisine FrenchTotal Time 30 minsCategory Side Dish
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Once it’s completely melted, add the almonds. Cook, stirring constantly with a heatproof spatula or wooden spoon, until the butter has browned and the almonds are beginning to brown, about 7 to 8 minutes. (Your patience will pay off, I promise!)
- Add the shallot and cook, while stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon water. While stirring, cook until the liquid thickens enough that your spatula leaves an open trail on the pan behind it, about 1 more minute.
- Use your spatula to scoop all the mixture into a bowl, and set it aside for now. Return the empty skillet to the stovetop, and add the green beans, ½ cup water and ½ teaspoon salt. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the beans are nearly tender, about 9 to 10 minutes.
GARLIC GREEN BEANS WITH PARMESAN - CAFE DELITES
4/5 (4)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Arrange the green beans in one layer on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and season with salt, pepper, garlic and parmesan. Toss beans to evenly coat.
EASY SWEET GREEN BEANS - KITCHEN DIVAS
5/5 (2)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- When water is boiling and your beans are prepared dump them into the boiling water for about 5 minutes or bright green.
- While beans are boiling grab a medium bowl and combine soy sauce, melted butter and brown sugar. Stir until blended. Set aside.
44 QUICK & EASY GREEN BEAN RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Tuna Green Bean Casserole. By adding tuna to the traditional green bean casserole, you can turn the classic side dish into something entirely new. It has enough protein to make a main dish, but also works as a potluck contribution or hearty side.
- Green Bean and Potato Salad. For a different twist on your classic potato salad, try this version that uses green beans to mix things up a bit. Fresh dill, lemon juice, chopped onion and celery, a little dill pickle relish, mayonnaise, and either red or new potatoes go perfectly with fresh or frozen green beans for a picnic or barbecue salad that everyone will enjoy.
- Skillet Green Beans and Bacon. When you want to improve upon a dish, just add bacon! Tossing green beans in a skillet with bacon adds umami, smoky quality that will convince even the pickiest eaters to finish their vegetables.
- Green Bean Casserole Without Canned Soup. If you're a purist, you might enjoy this spin on traditional green bean casserole because it's made without canned soup or canned fried onions.
- Vegan Green Bean Casserole. Many people wouldn't consider holiday dinners complete without green bean casserole. This recipe turns the creamy, bubbly, French fried-onion topped staple into a dish that even those who avoid animal products can enjoy.
- Marinated Green Beans. A zesty, shallot-laden vinaigrette marinates these green beans for a fresh and bright presentation. They work great as a side dish with a hearty steak or other protein, atop a salad, or even as a garnish for a burger or sandwich.
- Chinese Green Beans. Toss your green beans in a smoking hot wok instead of boiling them and you end up with crispy, slightly browned beans with a tender center.
- Vegan Asian Green Beans. For a unique vegan side dish, try tossing fresh green beans with sherry or rice wine, soy sauce, minced garlic, and sugar. Steaming them and then sauteeing them in a wok with the sauce ensures each bean gets perfectly coated, and a little crispy too.
- Green Beans With Za'atar Breadcrumbs. Green beans topped with breadcrumbs and za'atar seasoning gives them a spiced element and a nice crunch that switches things up from the usual plain, steamed veggies.
- Green Bean Amandine. This classic green bean recipe combines crisp-tender green beans, slivered or blanched almonds, a hit of lemon juice, and a hint of garlic for a side dish that brings the crunch.
HOW TO COOK GREEN BEANS: 4 SIMPLE WAYS
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins See details »
17 EASY BEAN RECIPES FOR ANY NIGHT OF THE WEEK | THE ...
Reviews 48Estimated Reading Time 7 mins See details »
35 BEST GREEN BEAN RECIPES - EASY GREEN BEAN SIDE DISHES
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
TASTY GREEN BEAN RECIPES | REAL SIMPLE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
33 HEALTHY GREEN BEAN RECIPES | COOKING LIGHT
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins See details »
15 FRESH GREEN BEAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
COUNTRY STYLE GREEN BEANS WITH RED POTATOES RECIPE | TASTY ...
See details »
RECIPE: DELICIOUS GREEN BEANS WITH GARLIC-FLAXSEED BREADCRUMBS
See details »
GREEN BEANS EXTRAORDINAIRE RECIPE
See details »
GREEN BEAN RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
See details »
ITALIAN GREEN BEANS RECIPE | SIMPLE & DELICIOUS ITALIAN ...
See details »
【COOKED】SIMPLE AND TASTY GREEN BEANS - 101RECIPES.COM
See details »
You'll also love