SMOOTH ONION GRAVY
- In medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water to boil.
- Stir in Lipton onion recipe soup mix; simmer covered 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour blended with remaining water.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring constantly, until gravy is thickened, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157.2, Fat 2.2, SaturatedFat 0.1, Cholesterol 2.1, Sodium 3445.6, Carbohydrate 31.6, Fiber 3, Sugar 8.4, Protein 4
English recipe traditionally served with sausages. Very good served with all types of poultry and game birds.
Provided by Millereg
Yield 2 cups, approximately, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add the onions and sauté until brown, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and continue to cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually add the stock, herbs and Worcestershire sauce and continue to cook until thickened.
- Partially cover and cook for a further 10-15 minutes to allow the flavours to develop, stirring from time to time.
Provided by Christopher Stolworthy
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; stir in onions and salt. Cook and stir until onions have softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking and stirring until onions are very tender and dark brown, about 40 minutes more.
- Add quick-mixing flour; mix well and allow it to brown slightly in the pan for 1 to 2 minutes. Pour chicken stock into the pan and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Maintain a simmer and cook until sauce has reduced and thickened enough that it will coat the back of a spoon.
- Add butter; mix well. Transfer gravy to a blender. Cover and hold lid down with a potholder; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend until there are no chunks of onion left.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 134.5 calories, Carbohydrate 11.4 g, Cholesterol 15.8 mg, Fat 9.7 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 1998.5 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
EASY ONION GRAVY
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove onions to a plate.
- Add remaining olive oil to the skillet and heat over medium heat. Add flour to the hot oil; whisk constantly, adding salt and pepper as the flour cooks. Slowly add a little beef broth at a time, continuing to stir, until all broth has been added.
- Slowly add the milk while continuing to stir. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in sauteed onions. Remove from the heat and place in a serving dish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178.3 calories, Carbohydrate 10 g, Cholesterol 2.4 mg, Fat 14.3 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 211.3 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
CREAMY ONION GRAVY
You don't need to worry about having enough pan drippings from your turkey to make this gravy from our Test Kitchen. Prepare it anytime you serve mashed potatoes.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/4 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Transfer to a small bowl; set aside. , In the same pan, melt remaining butter over medium-low heat. Combine the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper; whisk into butter until smooth. Gradually add buttermilk and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 99 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 20mg cholesterol, Sodium 227mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
EASY ONION GRAVY
Add this simple onion gravy recipe to your repertoire. It's the perfect accompaniment to sausages and roasts with the deep flavours of beef stock, red wine and herbs
Provided by Elena Silcock
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the bay leaf and thyme and cook for a min to infuse the flavours of the herbs. Add the onions and coat well in the butter and oil, sprinkle over the sugar and a big pinch of salt and slowly cook the onions down for 45-50 mins, stirring occasionally until sticky and caramelised.
- Add the flour and stir well, coating all of the onions. Cook for a min then add the wine and vinegar, turn up the heat and reduce by half, so about 2 mins, whisking a little to ensure the flour doesn't lump at all. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil and cook for 6-8 mins, until the gravy is thick enough to coat the back of spoon. If you cook it a bit too much and it gets too thick, add a splash of water. Season well and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 10 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onions, stirring, until golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Cover; cook over low heat until brown, about 25 minutes.
- Add flour. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in wine, stock, and Worcestershire. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until thick, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
APPLE BUTTER & ONION GRAVY
This onion gravy recipe is so creamy and good I could eat it like soup. But it's best draped over mashed potatoes and other Thanksgiving fixings. For reheating the next day, if it's too thick, just stir in a bit of milk. - Mindie Hilton, Susanville, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter. Stir in flour and seasonings. Whisk cornstarch and chicken stock until smooth; gradually stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly., Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Return all to pan and heat through. Stir in cream cheese and apple butter; cook and stir just until blended.
Nutrition Facts :
SIMPLE ONION GRAVY
A simple onion gravy made with beef stock. You could add dried herbs, such as thyme, if desired. Get loads of flavour with hardly any effort!
Provided by Rosstapher1st
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan. Add the onion and sprinkle with the sugar, then cook gently, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until the onion is soft and lightly caramelised.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onion, stir and cook for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and leave to simmer gently until thickened.
More about "smooth onion gravy recipes"
EASY RICH ONION GRAVY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.2/5 (167)Total Time 35 minsCategory Dinner, Side Dish, SauceCalories 57 per serving
BEST ONION GRAVY RECIPE - THE DARING GOURMET
4.9/5 (106)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Condiment, SauceCalories 82 per serving
EASY BLENDER ONION GRAVY - FARMERSGIRL KITCHEN
ONION SOUP MIX GRAVY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
VEGETARIAN ONION GRAVY — DAMN, SPICY!
SMOOTH ONION GRAVY RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | GRAVY RECIPES, …
TOMATO & ONION PASTE ( FOR SMOOTH GRAVY RECIPE ) *COOK …
ONION GRAVY - AFELIA'S KITCHEN
ONION GRAVY - THE COZY COOK
SMOOTH ONION GRAVY | RECIPE | ONION GRAVY, GRAVY, GRAVY RECIPES
BROWN BEEF GRAVY RECIPE - SMOOTH AND SAVORY! - THE ANTHONY …
CREAMY ONION GRAVY RECIPE - ANDREW CURREN | FOOD & WINE
SMOOTH ONION GRAVY RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | LIPTON ONION …
BEST ONION GRAVY RECIPES | COMFORT FOOD | FOOD NETWORK …
SMOOTH AND CREAMY VEGAN GRAVY | JESSICA IN THE KITCHEN
BEST SWEET ONION & HERB GRAVY RECIPE - COUNTRY LIVING
SMOOTH ONION GRAVY RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RICH ONION GRAVY RECIPE | EASY TO FOLLOW | HINT OF HELEN
SLOW COOKER ONION GRAVY - TALES FROM THE KITCHEN SHED
SMOOTH ONION GRAVY RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
EASY BROWN GRAVY (NO DRIPPINGS) - DRIVE ME HUNGRY
EASY 1-2-3 BROWN ONION GRAVY RECIPE!!! + WONKYWONDERFUL
ONION GRAVY - SHARED KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE PERFECTLY SMOOTH GRAVY EVERY TIME: 10 STEPS
24-HOUR GRAVY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RED ONION GRAVY FROM SCRATCH - SLOW THE COOK DOWN
SMOOTH ONION GRAVY RECIPE - FOOD.COM
MCCORMICK® ONION GRAVY SEASONING MIX
EASY MUSHROOM GRAVY (QUICK TO MAKE) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CREAMED ONION GRAVY, A SOUTHWESTERN TRADITION
CARAMELIZED SWEET ONION GRAVY - MEALTHY.COM
EASY ONION GRAVY - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
BEEF LIVER ONIONS AND GRAVY RECIPE - VARGAS FORTARD
ONION GRAVY | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
TOMATO & ONION PASTE ( Smooth Gravy Banane Ka Tarika ) *COOK WITH FAIZA*14K views-04:54
How to Make Fried Onion Tomato Paste- Onion Paste Recipe- Onion Paste for Smooth Gravy1.2K views-01:57
Smooth Gravy Tomato Chicken Recipe | Restaurant Style | By Yasmin Huma Khan77K views-08:38
Smothered Pork Chops Onions And Gravy Recipe244K views-05:02
Smothered Sausage & Onion Gravy over Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe3.1K views-05:22
HOW TO MAKE GRAVY | Ina Garten’s Onion Brown Gravy Recipe37 views-15:39
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make onion gravy with flour?Stir in the flour and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock and cook, whisking frequently, until the gravy is thickened, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and simmer the onion gravy over moderate heat for about 5 minutes. Transfer the onion gravy to a blender and puree until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper.
What is the best way to make gravy?Add the flour and stir well, coating all of the onions. Cook for a min then add the wine and vinegar, turn up the heat and reduce by half, so about 2 mins, whisking a little to ensure the flour doesn’t lump at all. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil and cook for 6-8 mins, until the gravy is thick enough to coat the back of spoon.
How long do you boil onion gravy for?Remove from heat, serve and enjoy This rich onion gravy recipe is delicious and easy to follow. Add sugar to the onions, and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes, or until they are clear and beginning to brown Continue to boil the gravy, stirring constantly until it reaches the thickness you like.
How to make onion gravy in a slow cooker?Turn your slow cooker to high and whisk in the cornflour water mix. Replace the lid on your slow cooker but this time prop open the lid with a wooden spoon or spatula. Cook on high for 1 to 2 hours. Ladle your onion gravy into a jug or gravy boat. I’ve used brown onions but you can easily substitute red onions or shallots.