Sugar and spice aren't the only things nice in this version of the beloved snickerdoodle: We added pumpkin puree. Besides infusing the cookies with seasonal flavor, it also results in a moist, cakey center. Rolling the dough in spiced sanding sugar lends sparkle and shine.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 2 1/2 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, granulated sugar, and pumpkin until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and whisk to combine. Add flour mixture and stir to combine, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sanding sugar, cinnamon, and allspice. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough into sugar mixture and roll into 1 1/2-inch balls. Transfer to parchment-lined rimmed baking sheets, 3 inches apart. Using a spatula, flatten balls to just under 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle with more sugar mixture.
- Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until light golden and firm to touch, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on sheets, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container up to 3 days.
CHEF JOHN'S PUMPKIN SPICE SNICKERDOODLES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Place flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a mixing bowl. Add cinnamon, ginger, allspice, clove, and nutmeg. Whisk until thoroughly mixed, 1 or 2 minutes.
- Place butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a separate mixing bowl. Cream together with a spatula or wooden spoon until mixture is smooth, 2 or 3 minutes. Add vanilla and egg. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour flour mixture into butter mixture. Stir until just combined or until the flour disappears.
- Wrap bowl in plastic wrap. Chill dough in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Stir cinnamon and sugar together in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Scoop dough into 2 tablespoon balls. Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat all sides. Roll into smooth ball and place on prepared baking sheet, 3 to 4 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes; sprinkle with additional cinnamon-sugar mixture, if desired. Transfer cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
- If you'd like to add a bit of a shine to your cookies, you can brush them with a simple glaze. Mix confectioners' sugar with milk or lemon juice to achieve brushing consistency. Brush onto cookies. Sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar or pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
- Beat shortening, 1 cup white sugar, and light brown sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in pumpkin puree; beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, cream of tartar, salt, and nutmeg together in a bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until dough is just-combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk 1/2 cup white sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and allspice together in a small bowl. Roll dough into 1-inch balls; roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Slightly flatten each ball with a flat-bottomed glass.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and set, 12 to 13 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
People also searched
More recipes about "snickerdoodle pumpkin cookie recipe"
SNICKERDOODLE PUMPKIN COOKIES (SOFT & CHEWY!) - LIVE WELL ...
2017-10-12 · How to Make Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Cookies To make the cookies, start by whisk together the flour, spices, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt in a …
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar for 1 to 2 minutes or until well combined. Mix in the egg yolk and vanilla extract, then mix in the pumpkin puree, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES - HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN ... - DELISH
2020-07-29 · Preheat oven to 350°. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, cream of tartar, baking soda, …
PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES - BAKED AMBROSIA
2020-09-24 · In a large mixing bowl, whisk the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together. Whisk in the egg yolk, pumpkin, and vanilla extract until …
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together. Whisk in the egg yolk, pumpkin, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, spices to the butter/sugar mixture. Mix together with a rubber spatula or wooden smooth until a dough forms.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop out 2 tbsp of dough and roll into balls. Mix together the remaining 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Roll each of the cookie dough balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and arrange onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES | WISHES AND DISHES
2018-10-31 · Set aside. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer or in a mixing bowl using a hand mixer, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar just until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed with a spatula. Mix in egg yolk, then mix in pumpkin…
PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES | MODERNMEALMAKEOVER.COM
2020-08-21 · Instructions In a large mixing bowl add softened butter. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer cream butter until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, and …
- In a large mixing bowl add softened butter. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer cream butter until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Mix ingredients with mixer until fully combined.
PUMPKIN SPICE SNICKERDOODLES | SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES RECIPE
2014-09-07 · Reduce speed on mixer to low and mix in flour until dough comes together. Chill dough for at least an hour. When ready to bake, line baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375°. Mix coating ingredients (light brown sugar and pumpkin …
- Add in both egg and additional yolk into butter along with vanilla and beat until smooth, scraping the sides as necessary.
BROWN BUTTER PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
2020-10-16 · Roll dough balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture, then place on the cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 11-14 minutes or until cookies are just slightly golden brown around the edges. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes then remove and transfer to a wire rack. Makes about 14 cookies.
- Make your brown butter: melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. The butter will begin to foam. Make sure you whisk constantly during this process. After a couple of minutes, the butter will begin to crackle and foam, and then brown on the bottom of the saucepan; continue to whisk and remove from heat as soon as the butter begins to brown and give off a nutty aroma.
- Immediately transfer the butter to a bowl to prevent burning (make sure you scrape all of it out of the pan - every last drop!). Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. It is important that your butter cools off.
- With an electric mixer (or you can mix by hand), mix the cooled brown butter, brown sugar and regular sugar until well combined and creamy. Beat in the egg white, vanilla and pumpkin puree until well combined.
- In a separate medium bowl whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. With an electric mixer on low speed, slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
PUMPKIN SPICE SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES - BUTTER WITH A SIDE ...
2019-09-25 · Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle cookies are made with the same method as most cookies. First, butter and sugar are creamed together until light in color and fluffy in texture. Next, …
- Next, add in the flour, baking powder and cornstarch. Mix until the dough forms. Dough will by soft and slightly sticky but should easily roll into a ball.
THE BEST CHEWY PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES COOKIES - LOVE FROM ...
2020-10-26 · Mix cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and sugar in a small bowl and roll each ball of dough through the cinnamon and sugar mixture to coat well. Place on a greased baking sheet or a cookie sheet …
- For the dough:. In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- Cover bowl (or remove dough from bowl and wrap in plastic wrap) and chill for 2+ hours. You can chill for up to 24 hours if you have time.
SNICKERDOODLE PUMPKIN COOKIES | CREAM CHEESE FILLED FALL ...
2014-09-26 · Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and set aside. Beat together butter and sugars until fluffy. Mix in pumpkin puree, an egg and vanilla. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix on …
- Slowly add dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until combined. Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least an hour.
PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES - FAMILY COOKIE RECIPES
2019-08-31 · Preheat the oven to 350°. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Stir until well mixed. In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar …
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Stir until well mixed.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Add the egg, pumpkin and vanilla and continue to mix until well combined.
PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES - HANDLE THE HEAT
2020-10-28 · In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter, coconut oil, and sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree and beat to combine. …
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch, cream of tartar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves to combine.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter, coconut oil, and sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree and beat to combine. Add the egg yolk and vanilla and beat until combined. Slowly beat in the flour mixture. Dough will be soft and slightly sticky.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour or until firm enough to scoop. You can also refrigerate for up to 24 hours, just let sit at room temperature until malleable enough to scoop.
PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES COOKIE RECIPE | GIRL VERSUS DOUGH
2019-10-07 · Whisk in vanilla and pumpkin until smooth. In a separate large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice until well combined. …
- In a medium bowl, whisk melted butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar until smooth and combined. Whisk in vanilla and pumpkin until smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice until well combined. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients; stir with spatula or large spoon until a very soft dough forms. Cover dough and chill 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll chilled dough into 16-18 balls, about 1 1/2 tablespoons each. In a small bowl, whisk remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon for topping. Roll each dough ball in cinnamon-sugar mixture, then transfer to lined baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Press down each dough ball to flatten slightly (they won’t spread as well if you skip this step).
- Bake cookies one sheet at a time (refrigerate second baking sheet while first baking sheet is in oven), about 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are just set. Cookies will appear very soft and under-baked, but they will set up and bake through as they cool. Cool cookies 10 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat with second baking sheet.
THE BEST PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES | CONFESSIONS OF A BAKING ...
2020-10-04 · In the bowl of an electric mixer add the brown butter and the regular butter. Add the brown sugar and granulated mix and beat for 2 minutes. Add in pumpkin puree, egg yolk, and vanilla extract …
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt the first 2oz of butter, watch carefully and mix constantly. The butter will begin to turn more of a golden color with brown flecks and become foamy, you will smell a nutty aroma. This is browned butter, take it off before it becomes burnt butter.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer add the brown butter and the regular butter. Add the brown sugar and granulated mix and beat for 2 minutes. Add in pumpkin puree, egg yolk, and vanilla extract beat for two minutes. After the two minutes let the batter rest for 30 seconds and repeat the process 2 more times.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cream of tartar, and cornstarch.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the wet mixture, mixing just until combined. Use a medium cookie scoop to portion out the dough balls then roll into a tall ball of dough.
PUMPKIN SPICE SNICKERDOODLES - CRAZY FOR CRUST
2019-08-25 · Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles are my favorite snickerdoodle recipe with some pumpkin spices mixed in – they’re the perfect cookie to get you in the fall mood! I love cookies. They’re so easy to make, easy to eat and great for serving at parties or giving away. I post a lot of chocolate chip cookies but if I’m being honest I love sugar cookies …
- Cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar with a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or you may use a hand mixer). Once the mixture is creamed and fluffy, mix in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth, then mix in the baking soda, cream of tartar, pumpkin spice and salt. Slowly mix in flour until the mixture is just combined.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough and roll them in the cinnamon sugar, then place them 2” apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the bottoms just start to turn golden brown. (These taste better if you err on the side of under rather than over done). Cool at least 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing.
PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLE RECIPE (SOFT AND CHEWY) - HAPPY ...
2020-11-12 · Cream together butter, shortening, 1½ cups sugar, eggs, and vanilla. In another bowl, stir the all-purpose flour, pumpkin flour, cream of tartar, soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, cloves, …
- Cream together butter, shortening, 1½ cups sugar, eggs, and vanilla. In another bowl, stir the all-purpose flour, pumpkin flour, cream of tartar, soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, cloves, and nutmeg.
PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES RECIPE (SOFT AND CHEWY!) – MILK AND POP
2020-09-16 · In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining granulated sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin spice for the coating. Define the size you’ll want for your cookies: mini (½ tsp), small (1 tbsp), medium …
- In a large bowl, add room temperature butter, pumpkin puree, brown and granulated sugar. Mix with a spoon or use your mixer on medium-low until the ingredients are well combined.
PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES - SUGAR SPUN RUN
2018-10-22 · Combine butter, sugar, and brown sugar and stir until well-combined. Add pumpkin and stir well. Stir in egg yolk and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin spice, …
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt until well-combined.
THE BEST SOFT AND CHEWY PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES RECIPE
2020-10-13 · Whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt.
KETO PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES | RULED ME
About 15 cookies in total. Press the balls flat with your hand (or the bottom side of a jar) and bake for 12-13 minutes. While the cookies are cooking, run 2 tsp. erythritol and 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice through a spice grinder. Once the cookies are done, sprinkle with the topping and let cool completely.
RECIPE: PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES | KITCHN
2014-10-06 · Preheat your oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl with a hand mixer), cream together butter, the sugars, and the pumpkin puree until it's smooth. Mix in the eggs one at a time.
PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES | COMFORT FOOD IDEAS | FALL COOKIE ...
2020-08-24 · These Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies can be stored in an air tight container on the countertop for up to 5 days. The baked cookies can be frozen for up to a month! Recipe Variations . There are a couple of great additions to this recipe! If you are looking to add a little bit of chocolate, feel free to add 1 cup of white chocolate chips to the dough before chilling. You can also add a cup of ...
29 BEST PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLE COOKIE RECIPE IDEAS | COOKIE ...
Jan 7, 2020 - Explore Linda Cart's board "Pumpkin snickerdoodle cookie recipe" on Pinterest. See more ideas about cookie recipes, pumpkin snickerdoodle cookie recipe, snickerdoodle cookie recipes.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN SNICKERDOODLES - YOUTUBE
These Pumpkin Snickerdoodles are a fun Fall spin on classic Snickerdoodle Cookies! ↓↓↓↓↓↓ CLICK FOR RECIPE ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ PRINTABLE RECIPE (with ...
See details ››