SPAGHETTI SQUASH AND POTATO GRATIN
This recipe takes creamy potato gratin to a new level. By pairing it with spaghetti squash, you're adding amazing texture and great flavor to this traditional dish - plus finding yet another reason to buy spaghetti squash!
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Poke the squash all around with a fork, then microwave it in 5-minute increments, rotating in between, until the outside is soft and yields a little when pressed with your fingers, about 15 minutes total. Be careful when rotating and removing the squash, as it will become very hot.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream, butter, garlic, thyme, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large saucepan. Peel the potatoes, then slice them paper thin on a mandoline, placing them in the cream mixture as you slice. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat, then remove from the heat.
- When the squash is cool enough to handle, slice it in half, scoop out the seeds, then scrape out the flesh with a fork into a medium bowl. Discard the skin and seeds.
- Layer the bottom of the prepared baking dish with 1/2 the potatoes. Top with 1/2 the squash, then the remaining potatoes, then the remaining squash. Pour all the liquid from the potato mixture into the baking dish, and press the vegetables down to submerge. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan on top. Put the baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until golden brown and a knife slides easily into the potatoes, about 1 hour. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN
I don't care for using spaghetti squash like it's spaghetti pasta, but this way makes an awesome side dish. I use other cheeses sometimes. When you're done with the squash, you can roast the seeds for a yummy snack, too!
Provided by Wendy0
Yield 6-9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- First pierce the squash in several places with a knife and bake on a cookie sheet at 400 deg. for 1 hour or until squash has softened.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds, and scoop out spaghetti-like flesh.
- Beat together milk and eggs, stir in Gruyere and spices, and mix thoroughly with squash.
- Transfer squash into a lightly oiled square baking dish.
- Top with bread crumbs and Parmesan, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 400 deg. for 30 minutes or until slightly browned on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129.2, Fat 6.9, SaturatedFat 2.4, Cholesterol 70.2, Sodium 328.8, Carbohydrate 11.5, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 0.6, Protein 5.8
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small pot, bring broth, milk, and garlic to a boil over medium-high and cook 1 minute. Pour into a medium bowl, then slowly add flour, whisking constantly.
- In pot, melt butter over medium. Add anchovies and 2 teaspoons sage and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Return broth mixture to pan, bring to a simmer, and cook until thickened, 6 minutes. Discard garlic.
- Add squash to sauce and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon sage, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan and sprinkle over squash. Bake until top is golden brown and mixture is bubbling at edges, 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118 g, Fat 4 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 2 g
SPAGHETTI SQUASH AU GRATIN
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds. Place in a covered dish with a ¼ inch of water and microwave for 10 -12 minutes.
- In a medium sized skillet over medium heat, add the butter, onions, red pepper and thyme and cook until the onions are slightly brown in color. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a fork, scrape the insides of the squash and transfer to a small bowl.
- Combine the squash, onions, sour cream and half the cheese together and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a buttered baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Place into a 375º for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129.6, Fat 11.1, SaturatedFat 6.7, Cholesterol 30, Sodium 116.7, Carbohydrate 5.3, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 1.2, Protein 3.2
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and thyme and cook, stirring, until the onion softens, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the butternut and kabocha squash in a large microwave-safe bowl with 1 cup water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave until the squash is just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and add the squash to the skillet along with the garlic, mace, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring, about 3 minutes. Add the broth and cook until it is mostly absorbed, about 5 more minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and cook until slightly thickened, 2 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the microwave and toss with the breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the squash, then top with the gruyere. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until golden, about 30 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- How to break down butternut squash:
- Cut about 1 inch off the bottom end with a chef's knife. Scoop out the seeds.
- Hold the squash against your body and remove the skin with a vegetable peeler; chop.
- How to break down kabocha squash:
- Quarter the squash with a chef's knife, then scoop out the seeds.
- Put each quarter flat-side down and cut off the skin with a paring knife; chop the squash.
SPAGHETTI SQUASH AU GRATIN
This recipe is quick to prepare and a great alternative for a lower-carbohydrate, lower-calorie option in place of a potato side dish. My husband is a meat-and-potatoes kind of guy and even he loved this recipe.
Provided by sandybaby999
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place spaghetti squash in a covered dish and add 1/4 inch of water. Microwave for 10 to 12 minutes. Scrape insides of squash with a fork and transfer to a small bowl.
- Heat margarine in a medium skillet over medium heat while spaghetti squash is cooking and cook onion, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until the onion is browned, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix spaghetti squash, onion mixture, sour cream, and 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese together. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Turn on broiler for the last 2 to 3 minutes and broil until gratin is golden brown on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 115 calories, Carbohydrate 10.5 g, Cholesterol 9.6 mg, Fat 4.8 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 264.5 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN WITH BASIL
Recently on the Recipes for Health page on Facebook, I asked readers what they were finding in their weekly delivered produce boxes. Requests for spaghetti squash recipes came pouring in. I was working on basil dishes already, so I decided to combine the two ingredients in this gratin.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, casseroles, main course, side dish
Yield Serves six as a main dish, eight as a side
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Pierce the squash in several places with a sharp knife. Cover a baking sheet with foil, and place the squash on top. Bake for one hour, turning the squash every 20 minutes until it is soft and easy to cut into with a knife. Remove from the heat, and allow the squash to cool until you can handle it. Cut in half lengthwise, and allow to cool further. Remove the seeds and discard. Scoop out the flesh, and place in a bowl. Run a fork through the flesh to separate the spaghetti-like strands, then chop coarsely. Measure out 4 cups squash. (Use whatever remains for another dish, or freeze.)
- Oil a 2-quart gratin or baking dish. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, heavy skillet, and add the onion. Cook, stirring, until tender, about five minutes. Add the garlic and a generous pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, for another 30 seconds to a minute until fragrant. Add the squash. Cook, stirring often, for five minutes until the strands of squash are a little more tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and remove from the heat.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the milk, salt (about 1/2 teaspoon), pepper and basil. Stir in the squash mixture and the Gruyère, and combine well. Scrape into the baking dish. Sprinkle the Parmesan or pecorino over the top, and gently press down to moisten.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until nicely browned and sizzling. Remove from the heat, and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Serve hot, warm or room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 182, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 15 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 719 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BUTTERNUT SQUASH GRATIN
Combine fall flavors for dinner tonight - butternut and spaghetti squash and potatoes baked in this cheesy French gratin recipe.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 450°F. Spray 17x12-inch half-sheet pan with cooking spray. Cut butternut and spaghetti squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut sides up, in pan. Drizzle with melted butter; sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the brown sugar. Bake 40 minutes or until tender. Cool 20 minutes.
- With fork, scrape inside of spaghetti squash to remove spaghetti-like strands; place in large bowl. Scoop pulp from butternut squash; coarsely chop pulp. Toss with spaghetti squash.
- In heavy nonaluminum saucepan, heat whipping cream over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently, just until it begins to steam (do not boil); remove from heat. In small bowl, mix cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar; set aside.
- Butter 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Arrange one-fourth of the potato slices in baking dish. Top with one-third of the squash mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and 1 cup of the cheese. Pour 3/4 cup hot cream over top. Repeat layers twice, sprinkling one-third of reserved brown sugar mixture over each of second and third squash layers. Top with remaining potato slices, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Gently press layers down with back of spoon. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese; pour remaining 3/4 cup hot cream over top. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture. Line cookie sheet with foil. Place baking dish on cookie sheet.
- Cover; bake 1 hour. Uncover; bake 25 minutes longer or until top is golden brown and potatoes are tender. Cool 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with rosemary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 540, Carbohydrate 53 g, Fat 4 1/2, Fiber 7 g, Protein 13 g, SaturatedFat 18 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 500 mg
More about "spaghetti squash gratin recipes"
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN | WEGMANS
SPAGHETTI SQUASH & CHICKEN AU GRATIN
SPAGHETTI SQUASH AU GRATIN - BIGOVEN.COM
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN - LIVEA
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN
INA GARTEN'S WEIRD TIP FOR SPAGHETTI SQUASH | KITCHN
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN WITH PARMESAN - CHAMPAGNE TASTES®
RECIPE FOR SQUASH GRATIN : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SPAGHETTI SQUASH-AND-VEGETABLE GRATIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHEESY BAKED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH MARINARA SAUCE
SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BEST SPAGHETTI SQUASH AND CHEESY POTATO GRATIN RECIPES …
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN - LE COUP DE GRâCE
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN - ITSLAURENOFCOURSE.COM
SPAGHETTI SQUASH AU GRATIN (LOW CARB & KETO FRIENDLY)
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN - FRED MEYER
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN WITH TOMATO SAUCE | METRO
BEST SPAGHETTI SQUASH CHICKEN GRATIN | 35 MINUTES
RECIPES - SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN - HALLMARK CHANNEL
10 BEST SPAGHETTI SQUASH SIDE DISH RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATINS WITH CHUNKY TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN – LES PETITS FRUITS DE PRES-D'EN-HAUT
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN - PINCH MY SALT
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN - WINE A LITTLE, COOK A LOT
KETO SPAGHETTI SQUASH AU GRATIN RECIPE - CAST IRON KETO
SPAGHETTI SQUASH AU GRATIN WITH BACON - PEACE LOVE AND LOW CARB
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN RECIPE - STRAYED FROM THE TABLE
VEGAN SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN WITH POTATOES, MUSHROOMS
SPAGHETTI SQUASH AU GRATIN - SLENDER KITCHEN
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN – CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
SPAGHETTI SQUASH AU GRATIN – LOW CARB, CHEESY AND DELICIOUS
BUTTERNUT SQUASH GRATIN RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN - ZAGLEFT
SPAGHETTI SQUASH AU GRATIN - SQUASH
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN - LIVEA
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN VII RECIPE | SQUASH RECIPES, RECIPES, FOOD
SPAGHETTI SQUASH GRATIN RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #side-dishes #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #kid-friendly #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #squash #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long does it take to make Spaghetti squash gratin?Spaghetti Squash Gratin Credit: Standard Recipe Summary test prep: 15 mins total: 50 mins Servings: 8 Advertisement Ingredients Ingredient Checklist 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth 1 cup whole milk 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon unsalted butter 1 to 2 anchovy fillets, chopped
How to bake Spaghetti squash?Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and pulp. Place squash cut side down in a large baking dish or roasting pan. Add water to cover bottom of pan. Place pan in oven and bake for 45 minutes. While the squash is baking, prep the rest of the ingredients.
Is Spaghetti squash gratin healthy?What makes Spaghetti Squash Gratin healthy? Spaghetti squash is a low-calorie, low-fat, and low-carb food. It has 1 gram of protein per 1 cup serving, 2 grams of fiber, and 4 grams of sugar.
How to cook spaghetti squash with chicken breast?Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Season the spaghetti squash with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. Lay skin side down on a rimmed sheet pan that is lined with aluminum foil. Cut your chicken breast so you have four pieces of chicken.