- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg white until soft and foamy. In a small bowl mix together sugar, salt, chile, allspice, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Whisk sugar mixture into egg whites. Stir in pepitas until well coated.
- Spread pepita mixture in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden and fragrant and seeds are almost completely dry, 10 to 15 minutes. Place baking sheet on a wire rack to cool. Spiced pepitas may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
These hulled pumpkin seeds are tossed with lime juice for zing and chili powder for spice (we like arbol for its extra kick), and then toasted into a crunchy-and addictive- appetizer or snack. Counter the heat by washing them down with a refreshing Mexican beer.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Stir together pepitas, lime juice, chili powder, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Heat pepitas in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until toasted, about 4 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Toss all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Spread on a baking sheet and bake 5 minutes, or until lightly browned, shaking the pan once or twice. Serve.
SUGAR AND SPICE PEPITAS
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray. Mix pepitas and next 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, depending on spiciness desired. Spread pepitas in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake until pepitas are golden and dry, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Seperate petpitas with fork while still warm. Cool.
SPICED PECANS AND PEPITAS -MARTHA STEWART
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toss together pecans, pepitas, oil, chili powder, and salted on a rimmed baking sheet, and spread in a single layer.
- Bake, stirring once, until well toasted, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Mixture can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167, Fat 16.5, SaturatedFat 1.9, Sodium 248.2, Carbohydrate 4.1, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 0.8, Protein 3.7
More about "spiced pepitas recipes"
SPICY PEPITAS: A SUPER-QUICK & EASY BAR SNACK - UMAMI GIRL
SPICY PEPITA BRITTLE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
STOVETOP SPICY SWEET PEPITAS - MOTHER WOULD KNOW
SPICY ROASTED PEPITAS (PUMPKIN SEEDS) | MEXICAN PLEASE
SPICY ROASTED PEPITAS RECIPE + VIDEO - MUY BUENO …
CINNAMON SPICE ROASTED PEPITAS RECIPE
SWEET AND SPICY PEPITAS #SUNDAYSUPPER - ALIDA'S KITCHEN
CHOPPED MEXICAN SALAD WITH PEPITAS - COOKING ON THE WEEKENDS
PUMPKIN SPICED ROASTED PEPITAS - EATING BIRD FOOD
EASY ROASTED PEPITAS - SPOONFUL OF FLAVOR
HOW TO TOAST PEPITAS | 20+ RECIPES WITH PEPITAS | THE SMART SLOW …
THE BEST SPICY PEPITAS RECIPES - SINCERELY NUTS
SPICED PEPITAS - PRISCILLA SOLIGO
SPICED PEPITAS - THE WIMPY VEGETARIAN
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
SPICED PUMPKIN SEEDS (PEPITAS) - FLAVOUR AND SAVOUR
EASY ROASTED PEPITAS - HEALTHY WORLD CUISINE
SPICY ROASTED PEPITAS
INDIAN-SPICED PEPITAS RECIPE - TODAY.COM
ROASTED PEPITAS RECIPE (THREE WAYS) - A SAUCY KITCHEN
SPICED PEPITAS - MARTHA.COM
SPICED PEPITA RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
MOROCCAN SPICED PEPITAS - SNIXY KITCHEN
SPICED PEPITA RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
SPICED PEPITAS RECIPE RECIPE
PEPITAS! - THE PIONEER WOMAN
CANDIED PEPITAS - LAUREN'S LATEST
SPICED PEPITAS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
SPICY PEPITAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPICY PEPITAS (PUMPKIN SEEDS) - DIABETIC FOODIE
EASY SPICED CANDIED PEPITAS • BEYOND MERE SUSTENANCE
SWEET & SPICY PUMPKIN SEEDS - GOOD CHEAP EATS
SPICED PEPITAS AND PECANS RECIPE | KATIE LEE | FOOD NETWORK
GOAT CHEESE-EDAMAME DIP WITH SPICED PEPITAS RECIPE
THREE-PEPPER SPICED PEPITAS RECIPE - COCKTAILS 2006 | FOOD & WINE
SPICY PEPITAS RECIPE RECIPE
SPICED PEPITAS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SPICED PUMPKIN SEEDS (PEPITAS) - STRIPED SPATULA
SPICED PEPITAS : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE | BILL GRANGER ...
PUMPKIN PIE SPICE ROASTED PEPITAS - EDIBLE SOUND BITES
PUMPKIN SPICED PEPITAS RECIPE - PASTRY CHEF ONLINE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best recipe for pumpkin spice pepitas?Homemade pumpkin spice pepitas sweetened with maple syrup and a little sea salt for the ultimate sweet and savory treat. Preheat oven to 325°F. In a large bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with coconut oil, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and sea salt.
How to cook pepitas in oven?Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C). Toss pepitas, olive oil and salt together so well coated. Layer out your pepitas flat on a lined baking sheet (just so easy for cleanup). Bake for 12-15 minutes. Set your timer for 5 minutes and toss so all sides of the pepitas get toasty. Allow Pepitas to Cool and enjoy.
What are pepitas seeds?Pepitas are pumpkin seeds that come from specific hull-less pumpkin varieties. They do not need to be shelled as they are grown shell-free in oilseed or Styrian pumpkins. Pepitas are a tasty snack, chock full of healthy fats, protein and nutrients like iron, zinc, manganese, phosphorous and magnesium.
What do pepitas taste like?These pepitas are slightly sweet, with spices that linger just enough to cut the sugar at the end. While you can up the chili to add more of a kick, I like them at this level because you can eat more pepitas if the spicy taste does not clobber you over the head. The recipe is super simple and quick.