"My grandma made homemade cornbread every night for dinner, so this stuffing is a nod to her tradition. I eat so much of it!"
Provided by Katie Lee Biegel
Yield 8 to 10 servings (plus extra herb butter)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Make the herb butter: Mix the butter with the sage, thyme, parsley, rosemary, tablespoons salt and 2 teaspoons pepper in a small bowl until well combined.
- Make the stuffing: Melt 1/2 cup of the herb butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and celery and saute, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Combine the cooked onions and celery with the cornbread, egg, chicken broth, milk and 3/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl; mix well. Place in a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes; remove the foil and bake until golden brown, about 20 more minutes.
CRANBERRY PECAN STUFFING
While I love stuffing, my family wasn't that fond of it-that is, until I found this recipe. I added a few touches of my own and now they gobble it up. Cranberries and pork really make it something special. -Robin Lang, Muskegon, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 13 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small saucepan, bring orange juice and cranberries to a boil. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl., In the same skillet, melt butter. Add celery and onion; saute until tender. Stir in poultry seasoning., Add to sausage mixture. Stir in the stuffing cubes, orange juice mixture, apple, pecans, salt, pepper and enough broth to reach desired moistness., Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until lightly browned, 10-15 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 219 calories, Fat 11g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 532mg sodium, Carbohydrate 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
CRANBERRY PECAN DRESSING
Progresso® chicken broth, cranberries and pecans are packed in this bread dressing - a baked side dish.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook celery and onion in butter 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in cranberries, pecans, sage, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, mix onion mixture, croissants, bread, broth and eggs, tossing until well mixed. Spoon into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes or until center is hot and edges are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 338, Carbohydrate 38 g, Fat 3 1/2, Fiber 3 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 666 mg
CORNBREAD, CHORIZO, CHERRY, AND PECAN STUFFING
- Preheat oven to 400°. Butter a shallow 3-quart baking dish and a sheet of foil. Bring vinegar and 2 tablespoons water to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat and add cherries. Let sit until cherries are plump, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread out cornbread on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until golden brown, 10-15 minutes. Let cool. Place in a very large bowl.
- Drain cherries, reserving soaking liquid, and add cherries to bowl with cornbread (do not mix).
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°. Toast pecans on a clean rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, until fragrant and slightly darkened, 8-10 minutes. Let cool; add to bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Cook chorizo, stirring occasionally and breaking into small pieces with a spoon, until browned and cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Add onions and celery to skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until onions are golden brown and soft, 10-12 minutes. Add garlic and sage; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook reserved cherry soaking liquid in skillet, scraping up any browned bits, until almost all evaporated, about 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup butter; cook, stirring, until melted. Drizzle over bread mixture.
- Whisk eggs and 2 cups stock in a medium bowl; pour over cornbread mixture. Add parsley, season with salt and pepper, and gently toss, adding more stock 1/4-cupful at a time as needed (you may not use it all), until combined and cornbread is hydrated. Mix carefully to avoid breaking cornbread into crumbs. Transfer to prepared dish and dot with remaining 1/4 cup butter.
- Cover with buttered foil; bake until a paring knife inserted into the center comes out hot, 30-35 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 450°. Uncover and bake until top is golden brown and crisp, 20-25 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
- Do ahead: Stuffing can be assembled 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread pecans in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet; toast in oven until golden and fragrant, 8 to 12 minutes, tossing occasionally. Let cool, then roughly chop; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions and celery; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Add oregano; stir to combine.ne.
- Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl. Add pecans, cornbread, bread cubes, eggs, cranberries, parsley, salt, black pepper, cayenne, Seasoning, and stock, mix to combine. Cook stuffing in a turkey or baking dish. If using a baking dish, generously coat dish with butter, fill with stuffing, and dot stuffing with additional butter. Cover with parchment paper-lined aluminum foil, and bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 20 minutes.
SPICY CRANBERRY PECAN CORNBREAD STUFFING
This is a cornbread stuffing with jalapenos, cranberries, bacon, and pecans. I cooked up this recipe while living in Texas. I serve it with turkey but I have also stuffed it in apples and cooked them in a crock pot to serve with pork loin for Christmas dinner. This recipe makes the house smell fantastic!
Provided by rhondarella
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon in the skillet until crispy. Lie the cooked bacon on a plate lined with paper towels to drain and cool; crumble the bacon.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the celery, garlic, and onion in the hot butter until the onion begins to caramelize; pour the wine into the skillet. When the wine is heated, stir in the cranberry sauce, jalapeno peppers, and green chile peppers. Cover the mixture and cook until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in the bacon and pecans.
- Place the stuffing mix in a large bowl. Pour the liquid mixture and the chicken stock over the stuffing mix; stir until completely moist. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned on top, about 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507.2 calories, Carbohydrate 68.7 g, Cholesterol 27.1 mg, Fat 20.3 g, Fiber 11.3 g, Protein 10.3 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 1403.8 mg, Sugar 18.8 g
SPICY CORNBREAD STUFFING
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread pine nuts in one layer on a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a shallow bowl, and set aside. Cut cornbread into 3/4-inch cubes, and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Bake, shaking pan periodically, until golden brown on edges, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse sausage until coarsely chopped; do not overprocess. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add celery and garlic, and cook until celery is soft, about 5 minutes more. Add sausage and pine nuts, and cook for 1 minute more. Add stock, and cook until absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Pour sausage mixture over cornbread, and mix well. Add butter and cilantro, and mix to combine. Let cool completely before stuffing turkey.
APPLE-CRANBERRY CORNBREAD STUFFING
This is an easy, sweet apple-cornbread stuffing. Can be stuffed in a turkey or baked in a casserole.
Provided by doreen bunten
Categories Cornbread Stuffing and Dressing
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Pour 2 cups hot water over dried cranberries and let stand until rehydrated, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a large baking dish.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a pot over medium-high heat. Saute apples, celery, and onion in the hot butter until light brown and softened, 5 to 7 minutes, adding cranberries during the last few minutes.
- Transfer sauteed mixture to a large bowl. Add stuffing mix, chicken stock, melted butter, poultry seasoning, sage, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and set, 20 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 394.2 calories, Carbohydrate 65 g, Cholesterol 26.1 mg, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 8.9 g, SaturatedFat 6.6 g, Sodium 1531.4 mg, Sugar 11.8 g
SAUSAGE, CRANBERRY, AND PECAN STUFFING
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toast bread in a large shallow baking pan in middle of oven until dry and pale golden, about 20 minutes.
- Cook sausage in a large heavy skillet over moderately high heat, stirring and breaking up large lumps, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes, then transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- Add butter to fat remaining in skillet and cook onions, stirring, until softened, about 7 minutes. Add celery, apple, and garlic and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl with sausage and stir in bread, pecans, cranberries, sage, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer stuffing to a buttered 3- to 4-quart shallow baking dish and drizzle with broth. (Use 1 1/2 cups broth if you like a moist stuffing, 1 cup if you prefer it drier.) Cover with foil and bake in middle of oven 30 minutes, then uncover and bake until bread is golden and stuffing is heated through, 20 to 25 minutes more.
Plenty of pecans and bacon give this stuffing a unique flavor, while using a packaged mix cuts down on the preparation time. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in stuffing mix; cover and set aside. , In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels. Discard all but 3 tablespoons of drippings; cook celery in drippings over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add onions and cook 5 minutes or until celery is tender, stirring constantly. Add to cornbread mixture along with pecans, salt, pepper and bacon; mix well. , Transfer to a greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 404 calories, Fat 26g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 43mg cholesterol, Sodium 1035mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
More about "spicy cranberry pecan cornbread stuffing recipes"
CRANBERRY-CORNBREAD STUFFING RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CRANBERRY & PECAN STUFFING - PEPPERIDGE FARM
BEST EVER THANKSGIVING CORNBREAD SAUSAGE STUFFING
SHEET PAN HERB ROASTED TURKEY AND CRANBERRY PECAN …
CORNBREAD STUFFING WITH PEARS AND DRIED CRANBERRIES
SLOW COOKER CRANBERRY PECAN STUFFING - DAMN DELICIOUS
CRANBERRY STUFFING RECIPE WITH PECANS - STRIPED SPATULA
CROCK POT CRANBERRY PECAN STUFFING - THE CREATIVE BITE
PEACH-PECAN CORNBREAD DRESSING RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CRANBERRY PECAN CORN PUDDING - THE SEASONED MOM
HERBY PECAN-CORNBREAD DRESSING - SOUTHERN LIVING
APPLE CRANBERRY PECAN CORNBREAD STUFFING | TASTY …
CRANBERRY-PECAN STUFFING - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
CORNBREAD DRESSING CAKES WITH SPICY CRANBERRY SAUCE
SAUSAGE, PECAN AND CRANBERRY STUFFING
CORNBREAD STUFFING WITH CRANBERRIES AND PECANS
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Side DishCalories 375 per serving
CRANBERRY-APPLE CORN BREAD STUFFING - MIDWEST LIVING
CRANBERRY PECAN COLESLAW - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
SPICY CRANBERRY PECAN CORNBREAD STUFFING - PLAIN.RECIPES
CRANBERRY STUFFING - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
PECAN APPLE CORNBREAD STUFFING - EASY RECIPE - MUST LOVE HOME
RECIPE: CRANBERRY PECAN STUFFING (USING SHERRY AND DRIED …
HOMEMADE CORNBREAD STUFFING RECIPE WITH SWEET POTATO, …
CORNISH HENS WITH SPICY PECAN-CORNBREAD STUFFING RECIPE
CRANBERRY-PECAN STUFFING - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
THE BEST CORNBREAD DRESSING (CORNBREAD STUFFING) - MOM ON …
SPICY PECAN-CORNBREAD STUFFING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CRANBERRY-PECAN BREAD AND CORNBREAD DRESSING - TASTE OF LIME
PECAN CORNBREAD STUFFING RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BREAD STUFFING WITH DRIED CRANBERRIES AND PECANS
EXTRA-CRISPY CORNBREAD STUFFING | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
CHIPOTLE, PECAN, AND CRANBERRY CORNBREAD STUFFING - WEST OF THE …
SPICY CRANBERRY PECAN CORNBREAD STUFFING THE BEST RECIPES
CORNBREAD, SAUSAGE, AND PECAN DRESSING RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CRANBERRY PECAN STUFFING A FAMILY TRADITION FOR 25+ YEARS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make cranberry stuffing for Christmas dinner?Directions In a small saucepan, bring orange juice and cranberries to a boil. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. In the same skillet, melt butter. Add celery and onion; saute until tender. Add to sausage mixture. Stir in the stuffing cubes, orange juice mixture, apple, pecans, salt, pepper and enough broth to reach desired moistness.
How to cook cornbread stuffing in the oven?Whisk eggs in a small bowl until frothy then whisk in 1 cup chicken broth. Pour over stuffing and gently mix until evenly combined. Bake: Cover the Cornbread Stuffing with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
How do you make Christmas stuffing with stuffing mix?Heat the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and cook until they're tender, stirring occasionally. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir the broth, cranberries and pecans in the saucepan. Add the stuffing and mix lightly. Spoon the stuffing mixture into a greased 3-quart casserole.
What is in This cornbread sausage stuffing?This Cornbread Sausage Stuffing is the only recipe you ever need! This Cornbread Sausage Stuffing (Dressing) is loaded with nutty cornbread, juicy sausage, dried cranberries, apples and pecans for the BEST Cornbread Sausage Stuffing of your life!