SPICY BRAISED LAMB WITH APRICOTS, PISTACHIOS AND ROAST PUMPKIN
This is a great stew to serve on a cool day, perfect with steamed rice, a small pasta such as buttered orzo, or perhaps some steamed couscous. Chicken works well with these flavours too, just use thigh fillet and cook for a little less time than the lamb.
Provided by Neil Perry
Yield SERVES 4
Number Of Ingredients 18
- 1. To make the lamb stew, cut the lamb into 4cm pieces. Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the lamb in batches, stir over high heat until browned all over (about five minutes per batch) then remove from the pan. Add extra oil to the pan if need be, turn heat to medium, add the onion and stir until lightly brown (about eight minutes). Add the spices and sea salt and stir for one minute, or until fragrant. Add the stock. 2. Return the lamb to the pan and simmer over a low heat, covered, for one hour, stirring occasionally. Add the apricots, sugar, lime juice and saffron water. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the lamb is very tender. Increase heat to medium-high, reduce braising liquid until it just coats the lamb (10 to 15 minutes). 3. To make the pumpkin, preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan-forced). Combine the pumpkin pieces with some sea salt and extra virgin olive oil. Put on a roasting tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until just tender and lightly browned all over. 4. Add the pumpkin and mint to the stew. Carefully stir through the mix. Spoon into a large bowl and sprinkle with roasted pistachios.
LAMB & APRICOT STEW
A fruity and warming Middle Eastern tagine to be served with couscous and herbs - a speedy casserole with plenty of flavour
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium-sized pan, heat 1 tbsp of the oil. Season the meat and fry briefly until browned. Remove from the pan and add the remaining oil. Add the onion, garlic and ginger, and fry with a little seasoning. Cook for 5 mins until soft, then add the spice mix, tomato purée, apricots and stock, and return the lamb to the pan. Simmer gently for 25 mins. Serve with warm couscous, mint or coriander leaves, and lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 447 calories, Fat 28 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 19 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 15 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 32 grams protein, Sodium 0.69 milligram of sodium
SPICED LAMB STEW
- Trim any visible fat from the lamb and cut it into bite-size pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then toss with the flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil-or vegetable oil-in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat. Add the floured lamb pieces and the chopped onion. Cook the lamb until browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes longer, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute longer.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 1 hour, until lamb is tender.
- Serve over hot cooked rice, grits or polenta, or couscous, or serve with hot buttered noodles or potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312 kcal, Carbohydrate 22 g, Cholesterol 98 mg, Fiber 5 g, Protein 34 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 357 mg, Sugar 6 g, Fat 11 g, ServingSize 6 portions (6 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
QUICK SPICED LAMB WITH APRICOTS
Who says a Moroccan lamb dish needs hours simmering on the hob? This easy spiced lamb with apricots and almonds is on the table in only 25 minutes.
Provided by delicious. magazine
Categories Pilaf recipes
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut lamb into chunks and put into a bowl. Add onion, ground allspice and vegetable oil. Season and mix together.
- Heat a large frying pan. When hot, add the lamb mixture and cook for 5 minutes to brown the meat and soften the onion. Stir in chopped tomatoes, hot chicken stock and dried apricots. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes, until the lamb is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Season to taste, divide between 2 plates and scatter each with some toasted flaked almonds.
Nutrition Facts :
SPICED LAMB STEW WITH APRICOTS
My family loves lamb, especially my son. During his first year of college, he claimed to be a vegetarian. When he came home, I had a pot of this slow-cooked lamb stew simmering on the counter. At dinnertime, my husband and I found only a few shreds of meat left floating in the gravy. My son confessed that he was the culprit! -Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet, brown lamb in butter in batches. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in the apricots, orange juice, broth and seasonings; pour over lamb., Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with couscous. Sprinkle with chopped apricots if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 404 calories, Fat 17g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 136mg cholesterol, Sodium 975mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 38g protein.
EASY MOROCCAN LAMB STEW RECIPE
If you're looking to make the best lamb stew, this recipe is all you need! Comforting, fall-apart tender braised lamb with loads of veggies, chickpeas and warm Moroccan flavors. You can make this in your crock pot or pressure cooker; instructions included for both! Be sure to check out my tips above and watch the video for how to make this lamb stew.
Provided by Suzy Karadsheh
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large Dutch oven (affiliate) or heavy oven-safe pot, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking.
- In the heated oil, saute the onions, carrots, and potatoes for 4 minutes or so. Add the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pot and set aside briefly.
- In the same pot, add more oil if needed, and deeply brown the lamb on all sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn heat to medium-high and return the sauteed vegetables to the pot. Add the dried apricots, cinnamon stick, bay leaf and spices and stir to coat.
- Add the plum tomatoes and broth and bring everything to a boil for 5 minutes or so.
- Cover the pot and place in the 350 degrees F heated-oven for 1 ½ hours (check partway through to add water or broth if needed). Now stir in the chickpeas, cover and return to the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot with your choice of Lebanese rice, couscous, pita bread or your favorite rustic bread.
- A simple Mediterranean salad like Fattoush makes a great starter for this hearty meal. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 dinner bowl, Calories 502 calories, Sugar 9.2 g, Sodium 579.7 mg, Fat 9.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, TransFat 0.1 g, Carbohydrate 65.4 g, Fiber 9.9 g, Protein 43.5 g, Cholesterol 99.4 mg
LAMB WITH APRICOTS
When I was a new bride, I decided to prepare a special Hanukkah for my husband, David, and me to share. The star was this lamb entree, which had been one of my favorites when I was growing up. Dried apricots add a touch of sweetness to the tender lamb, which is gently spiced.-Rachel Delano, Tappahannock, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the lamb and seasonings. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until meat is browned. Add apricots, orange juice, almonds and orange zest. , Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Stir in broth. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 calories, Fat 19g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 70mg cholesterol, Sodium 198mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
SPICY LAMB STEW WITH APRICOTS AND CARDAMOM
Cinnamon, cloves, ginger and cayenne pepper enhance this North African-style dish. Serve the stew over the Saffron-Cardamom Rice or plain basmati rice.
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Mix first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Add lamb and toss to coat. Heat vegetable oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add chopped onions and sauté until tender and golden, about 10 minutes. Add lamb and sprinkle with salt. Sauté until brown, about 5 minutes. Add minced ginger and stir 1 minute. Add 1 cup water and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until lamb is tender, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour.
- Add apricots to pot and simmer uncovered until liquid is slightly thickened and reduced, about 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar and sugar. Season to taste with salt. Divide stew among 4 bowls.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in small skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts; sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Cool.
- Melt remaining 2 teaspoons butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add rice and stir 2 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups water, raisins, sugar, salt, saffron and cardamom. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand covered 10 minutes. Stir in pine nuts.
More about "spicy lamb stew with apricots and cardamom recipes"
SPICED LAMB WITH POTATOES AND APRICOTS - BCLIVING
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SPICED LAMB WITH POTATOES AND APRICOTS RECIPE
SPICY LAMB STEW WITH APRICOTS AND CARDAMOM …
SPICY LAMB STEW RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
RECIPE: MOROCCAN SPICED LAMB WITH APRICOTS | EDIBLETCETERA ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
MOROCCAN LAMB TAGINE WITH APRICOTS AND ALMONDS ...
APRICOTS STEW RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
SPICY LAMB STEW WITH APRICOTS AND CARDAMOM RECIPE - FOOD ...
SPICED LAMB STEW WITH ALMONDS AND APRICOTS | CAMBRIA WINERY
SLOW COOKED SPICY LAMB RECIPES
MOROCCAN LAMB TAGINE WITH APRICOTS RECIPES
LAMB STEW WITH APRICOTS RECIPES WITH INGREDIENTS ...
SPICY LAMB STEW WITH APRICOTS AND CARDAMOM | RECIPE | LAMB ...
SPICY LAMB STEW WITH APRICOTS AND CARDAMOM | RECIPE | LAMB ...
SPICY LAMB STEW WITH APRICOTS AND CARDAMOM RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
LAMB AND APRICOT STEW RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook lamb stew?Add minced ginger and stir 1 minute. Add 1 cup water and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until lamb is tender, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour. Add apricots to pot and simmer uncovered until liquid is slightly thickened and reduced, about 10 minutes.
How do you cook Lamb and apricots?Add 1 cup water and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until lamb is tender, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour. Add apricots to pot and simmer uncovered until liquid is slightly thickened and reduced, about 10 minutes.
What is spicy lamb stew?Spicy lamb stew, lamb shoulder slow cooked in white wine with onions, garlic, bell peppers, pasilla chiles, paprika, cumin, tomatoes, raisins, and herbs. Photography Credit: Elise Bauer.
How to cook lamb tenderloin on the stove?Stir in the paprika, cumin, and cardamom and cook for a minute. Add the puréed (or cooked tomatoes put through a food mill) tomatoes, lamb, chicken stock, raisins and bouquet garni. Bring to a boil over high heat, decrease heat to low. Cook, partially covered, for about 3 hours, or until lamb is tender.