STICKY GINGER CAKE WITH LEMON ICING
Make and share this Sticky Ginger Cake With Lemon Icing recipe from Food.com.
Provided by coffeelicous
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to fan 160C/conventional 180C/gas 4. Butter and line an 18cm round, 7cm deep cake tin with greaseproof or parchment paper.
- Put the flour, bicarbonate of soda and all the spices into a large mixing bowl. Add the butter and rub it into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Put the sugar, treacle, syrup and milk in a medium saucepan and heat, gently stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Turn up the heat and bring the mixture to just below boiling point.
- Add the stem ginger to the flour mixture, then pour in the treacle mixture, stirring as you go with a wooden spoon. Break in the egg and beat until all the mixture is combined and it resembles a thick pancake batter. Pour this into prepared tin and bake for 50 minutes-1 hour, until a skewer pushed into the centre of the cake comes out fairly clean. Leave to cool completely in tin before turning cake out. (To freeze: wrap in greaseproof paper, then in cling film. Freeze for up to 1 month.)
- To make the icing, mix together icing sugar and lemon zest, then gradually add lemon juice until you have a smooth, slightly runny icing, adding more juice, if needed. Drizzle icing in a zig-zag pattern over surface of cake, turn cake around and drizzle again to create the cross-hatched finish.
- Cake keeps for up to 2 weeks stored in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 287.6, Fat 9.7, SaturatedFat 5.7, Cholesterol 38, Sodium 445.1, Carbohydrate 50.4, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 22.7, Protein 3.7
STICKY GINGER CAKE WITH LEMON ICING
- Pre heat the oven to 140°C (130°C fan)
- Grease and line a 20 x 23cm (7½ x 8½ inch) dish.
- Place the wet ingredients into a small saucepan and heat gently until the butter has melted. Do not allow to simmer.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients then gently mix in the eggs and milk.
- Pour into the baking dish, place in the oven and bake for 1h or until the cake springs back when you press the top.
- Allow to cool in the dish.
- This cake gets moister and more gorgeous with time. If you can bare to, wrap it in foil and leave for up to a week before you eat it.
- Before serving, mix the icing sugar with about ½ a tablespoon of lemon juice and drizzle over the cake. Sprinkle with some finely grated lemon zest.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304 kcal, Carbohydrate 49 g, Protein 4 g, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Cholesterol 47 mg, Sodium 90 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 29 g, ServingSize 1 serving
LEMON GINGER CAKE WITH LEMON-CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Categories Cake Mixer Citrus Ginger Dessert Bake Cream Cheese Spice Spring Bon Appétit Kidney Friendly Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Serves 12
Number Of Ingredients 21
- For Cake:
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 °F. Butter two 9-inch diameter cake pans with 2-inch-high sides. Line bottom of pans with waxed paper; butter paper. Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla (mixture may look curdled). Sift flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt into medium bowl; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk in 3 additions each, beginning with dry ingredients.
- Divide batter equally between prepared pans. Bake until golden brown and tester inserted into center of cakes comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Transfer pans to racks. Cool 10 minutes. Using small sharp knife, cut around sides of pan to loosen cakes. Turn out cakes onto racks and cool completely. Peel off waxed paper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Wrap tightly in plastic and store at room temperature.)
- For Frosting:
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, butter lemon juice, 2 teaspoons lemon peel and vanilla in large bowl until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until frosting is smooth.
- Place 1 cake layer on platter. Spread 1 cup frosting over top. Place remaining cake layer atop. Using icing spatula, spread remaining frosting over sides and top of cake in decorative swirls. Sprinkle top of cake with remaining 1 teaspoon lemon peel. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover with cake dome and refrigerate. Let cake stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.)
GINGERBREAD CAKE WITH LEMON GLAZE
If you're looking for a new addition to your holiday dessert table, I hope you give this a try. Enjoy!
Provided by Chef John
Categories Desserts Fruit Dessert Recipes Lemon Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and lightly flour a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Whisk flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and Chinese five-spice powder in a bowl.
- Stir sugar, molasses, oil, and egg into flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour in boiling water and whisk until the batter is smooth and shiny, about 1 minute.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Tap pan gently on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Pour lemon juice mixture over cake while cake is still hot. Spread the mixture around with a spatula to ensure even distribution. Let cake cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354.6 calories, Carbohydrate 57.5 g, Cholesterol 20.7 mg, Fat 13.1 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 384.4 mg, Sugar 35.2 g
LEMON GINGER CAKE W/ LEMON-CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
This recipe is posted in response to a request.Whenever you serve this lightly spiced, moist buttermilk layer cake you'll turn dessert into a celebration. The spices in the cake mellow as it stands, so it's even better the day after baking.
Provided by Charishma_Ramchanda
Yield 1 cake, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- For Cake: Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Butter two 9-inch diameter cake pans with 2-inch-high sides.
- Line bottom of pans with waxed paper; butter paper.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl until well blended.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla (mixture may look curdled).
- Sift flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt into medium bowl; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk in 3 additions each, beginning with dry ingredients.
- Divide batter equally between prepared pans.
- Bake until golden brown and tester inserted into center of cakes comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer pans to racks.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Using small sharp knife, cut around sides of pan to loosen cakes.
- Turn out cakes onto racks and cool completely.
- Peel off waxed paper.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Wrap tightly in plastic and store at room temperature.) For Frosting: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, butter lemon juice, 2 teaspoons lemon peel and vanilla in large bowl until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until frosting is smooth.
- Place 1 cake layer on platter.
- Spread 1 cup frosting over top.
- Place remaining cake layer atop.
- Using icing spatula, spread remaining frosting over sides and top of cake in decorative swirls.
- Sprinkle top of cake with remaining 1 teaspoon lemon peel.
- (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover with cake dome and refrigerate. Let cake stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.).
STICKY GINGER LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE
Adapt one of our highest-rated cakes with tangy ginger, cream cheese frosting and citrus curd
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert
Yield Cuts into 12 slices
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Grease and line a deep 20cm round cake tin with baking parchment. Put the flour, bicarb and all the spices in a food processor, add the butter and whizz until it has disappeared, then tip into a mixing bowl (or rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs).
- Put the sugar, treacle, golden syrup and milk in a saucepan and heat, stirring gently, until the sugar has dissolved. Turn up the heat and bring the mixture to just below boiling point.
- Pour the treacle mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon as you go. Beat in the egg until the mixture resembles a thick pancake batter. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 50 mins-1 hr, until a skewer poked in the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool completely in the tin.
- Split the cake through the middle. For the drizzle, stir the lemon zest and juice into the sugars, then immediately spoon all over the top half of the cake.
- For the filling, mix the lemon curd with the diced ginger. For the icing, beat together the ginger syrup, soft cheese, cream and icing sugar until thick enough to hold its shape. Spread the lemon curd filling all over the cut side of the bottom cake, dollop the creamy icing on top, then sandwich with the other half of the cake. The unfilled ginger cake will mature well for up to 3-4 days if wrapped well in baking parchment then foil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 541 calories, Fat 27 grams fat, SaturatedFat 16 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 71 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 51 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 1 milligram of sodium
STICKY GINGER CAKE
This recipe yields a dark and sticky ginger cake flavored with ground spices - a rich bitter-sweet dessert!
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In 1-quart saucepan, stir together 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup molasses, the brown sugar, butter and gingerroot. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is melted. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, allspice and salt. In small bowl, beat buttermilk and eggs. Add egg mixture to honey mixture; stir with whisk. Pour over flour mixture; stir until well combined. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 25 minutes. Poke cake every inch with skewer. In small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon molasses and the water; brush over hot cake. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fat 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 160 mg
More about "sticky ginger cake with lemon icing recipes"
STICKY GINGER CAKE WITH LEMON ICING - TEN MORE BITES
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
GINGER & LEMON CAKE - THE BAKING EXPLORER
STICKY GINGER CAKE - CAKE RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
STICKY STEM GINGER CAKE WITH LEMON ICING RECIPE - BBC GOOD FOOD
GINGERBREAD LAYER CAKE WITH MEYER LEMON FROSTING
STICKY GINGER CAKE WITH GINGER FUDGE ICING - EVERYTHING EVERHOT
STICKY GINGER LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
GINGER CAKE WITH LEMON ICING - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
STICKY GINGER CAKE WITH LEMON FROSTING – COOKING BLOG – …
STICKY GINGER CAKE WITH LEMON ICING - PLAIN.RECIPES
LEMON BLUEBERRY BUNDT CAKE - THE BAKING CHOCOLATESS
EASY TO MAKE LEMON CAKE RECIPE - FOODSTORAGEMOMS.COM
JAMAICAN GINGERBREAD WITH LEMON SPARKLE ICING - AINSLEY …
STICKY GINGER LOAF CAKE WITH LEMON ICING RECIPE BY ALISONS KITCHEN
STICKY GINGER CAKE WITH GINGER FUDGE ICING RECIPE | MYDISH
10 BEST MOIST GINGER CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
GINGER LOAF CAKE WITH LEMON ICING - BEST RECIPES UK
LEMON GINGER CAKE - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
STICKY GINGER CAKE WITH LEMON ICING RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
STICKY LEMON CAKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
STICKY STEM GINGER CAKE WITH LEMON ICING - CRECIPE.COM
STICKY GINGER CAKE WITH TURKISH DELIGHT ICING | MY CUSTARD PIE
STICKY STEM GINGER CAKE WITH LEMON ICING RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GINGER CAKE ICING RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
STICKY GINGER LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE - OAK COTTAGE RECIPES
STICKY GINGER LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE – BAKING AND LIFE
STICKY STEM GINGER CAKE WITH LEMON ICING - CRECIPE.COM
EASY GINGER LOAF CAKE - EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY
STICKY GINGER CAKE WITH LEMON FROSTING RECIPE | FISHER & PAYKEL
STICKY GINGER CAKE WITH LEMON DRIZZLE - STARTS AT 60
STICKY GINGER CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
STICKY GINGER CAKE WITH GINGER ICING RECIPE | MYDISH
STICKY GINGER SPICE CAKE - TRADITIONAL HOME BAKING
NIGELLA'S FRESH GINGERBREAD WITH LEMON ICING - VEGETARIAN RECIPES
STICKY STEM GINGER CAKE WITH LEMON ICING | RECIPE | LEMON ICING …
STICKY CHOCOLATE GINGERBREAD CAKE RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#time-to-make #course #preparation #desserts #easy #vegetarian #cakes #dietary #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love