In addition to using my mustard as gifts for friends, I give it to my father each Christmas. One year, I absentmindedly left it behind in my refrigerator-and he was so disappointed when he didn't find it under the tree that I had to send him some as soon as I got back home! Of course, I like using this mustard in my own kitchen as well-in everything from honey-mustard chicken to sandwiches. It doesn't have a "bite"...just a little "zip". Our home's in the country, I grow both vegetables and flowers here. On vacations, my husband and I get our exercise doing lots of mountain hiking.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large saucepan, whisk together all ingredients. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Pour into small jars. Cover and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 52 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 18mg cholesterol, Sodium 9mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
WOW! SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- Stir water, sugar, ketchup, pineapple, vinegar, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, steak sauce, and hot sauce together in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove 1/2 cup of the sauce to a small bowl; whisk cornstarch into the sauce in the bowl. Bring the sauce in the saucepan to a boil, stir the sauce with the cornstarch into the boiling sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274.4 calories, Carbohydrate 70.3 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 1.1 g, Sodium 648.7 mg, Sugar 64.6 g
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE I
- Place the sugar, vinegar, water, soy sauce, ketchup and cornstarch in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Stir continuously until the mixture has thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 43.2 calories, Carbohydrate 10.8 g, Protein 0.3 g, Sodium 236.3 mg, Sugar 9.6 g
SWEET AND SOUR MUSTARD
- In a saucepan, whisk together all ingredients.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Pour into storage container, cover and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 837.5, Fat 18.1, SaturatedFat 2.6, Cholesterol 282, Sodium 152.9, Carbohydrate 157.2, Fiber 5.8, Sugar 144.3, Protein 18.3
SWEET AND SOUR MUSTARD SAUCE
- Combine dry ingredients in double boiler. Add eggs and vinegar. Stir constantly. When thickened, add butter. Cool. Brush on grilled chicken during last few minutes of cooking. Be careful not to burn.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 196 calories, Fat 6.260895468739 g, Carbohydrate 31.9544271866432 g, Cholesterol 56.687890625 mg, Fiber 1.93669685176709 g, Protein 4.79169109363402 g, SaturatedFat 1.48422671874826 g, ServingSize 1 1 (59g), Sodium 36.2893749999775 mg, Sugar 30.0177303348762 g, TransFat 0.569078124996351 g
TSAI FAMILY EGG ROLLS WITH SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE AND SPICY MUSTARD
- Heat a wok or skillet over high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan. When the oil is hot, add the garlic, ginger, and chiles and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Do not allow the aromatics to burn. Add the pork and stir-fry until just cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the cabbage, bamboo shoots, soy sauce, mushrooms, wine and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the cornstarch slurry. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Transfer the filling mixture to a medium bowl and add the scallions and the bean threads to the cooled mixture. Sir to blend.
- Dampen a kitchen towel. Place 5 wrappers on a work surface with 1 point each near you and cover the remainder with the cloth to prevent drying. Place about 1/4 cup of the filling on the wrappers, just above the near corners. Bring the corner nearest you up over the filling and roll halfway; brush the edges with the egg wash, then fold in the side corners and continue rolling to enclose the filling completely. Roll as tightly as possible. Cover with the cloth and allow the rolls to rest, seam side down; this allows the egg to set. Fill and roll the remaining wrappers, cover, and allow the rolls to rest at least 2 minutes.
- Fill a fryer or heavy medium pot 1/3 full with the oil and heat to 350 degrees over high heat. Add the egg rolls 4 to 6 at a time and fry them until light golden, turning as needed, about 5 minutes.
- Remove them with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Fry again at 350 degrees (until golden) just before serving for extra crispiness.
- To Serve: Place a spoonful of the Sweet and Sour Sauce in the middle of a serving plate. Slice the rolls on the diagonal and arrange 3 of them around the sauce. Drizzle the spicy mustard around the outside of the plate and serve.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, add the vinegar, soy sauce, wine, pineapple juice, and sugar. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium. Add the chile flakes, pineapple, mango, peppers, and cornstarch, and let simmer for 2 minutes. Serve hot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustards, and sugar until a smooth paste is formed.
SHANE'S SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In deep non-greased baking pan, add the thawed meatballs. Top the meatballs with the pineapple chunks. In a medium bowl add the mustard, red and green onion, and garlic. Mix well. Top the meatballs and pineapple with the mustard sauce. Add the Sweet and Sour Sauce and season with black pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven; add the remaining pineapple juice, stir to combine, and place back in the oven for the remaining 30 minutes. Serve while hot.
- In a saucepot, mix all ingredients together. Cook on high heat. Keep your eye on it. Do not walk away. Cook for 2 minutes and stir. After 3 to 4 minutes, take it off the heat and mix for 2 minutes. Use it same day or keep in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 weeks at the maximum.
SWEET MUSTARD SAUCE
- Stir together all ingredients.
SWEET AND HOT MUSTARD
A few tablespoons of this mustard may be whisked into homemade mayonnaise and served with anything poached. It also is a tasty addition to a vinaigrette dressing.
Provided by Lisa Yockelson
Yield About one-and-one-half cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a nonmetallic bowl, preferably china or glazed pottery, blend together the dry mustard and sugar. Whisk in both vinegars and the salt. Let this stand, uncovered, for 24 hours.
- To finish the mustard, transfer the mustard solution to a nonmetallic saucepan (I use enameled cast iron). Whisk in the beaten eggs. Cook the mixture over moderately low heat, stirring continuously, for about 17 minutes, or until dense enough to thickly coat a spoon.
- Pour the cooked mustard into a jar, cool to room temperature and then cover and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 409, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 72 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 239 milligrams, Sugar 68 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SWEET MUSTARD SAUCE
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and dry mustard.
- Stir in vinegar; mix well.
- Whisk in beaten egg until smooth.
- Cook over low heat until sauce thickens, stirring constantly.
More about "sweet and sour mustard sauce recipes"
SWEET & SOUR MUSTARD SAUCE – FARMHOUSE COOK
Estimated Reading Time 30 secs
EASY SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE + VIDEO - THE SLOW …
CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST SIMPLE MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE BRAND - THERESCIPES.INFO
SWEET SOUR BARBEQUE SAUCE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
BEST SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - THE DARING GOURMET
SWEET-SOUR MUSTARD SAUCE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
RESTAURANT STYLE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE - KEY TO MY LIME
MCDONALD'S SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE - BUDGET101.COM™
PICKLED SWEET & SOUR MUSTARD CUCUMBERS ⋆ MY GERMAN RECIPES
LIP-SMACKING MCDONALD'S SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE COPYCAT RECIPE
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE | RICARDO
SWEET AND SOUR MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SWEET-AND-SPICY MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MUSTARD SAUCE FOR HAM - BAKE. EAT. REPEAT.
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
TANGY SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE - SMUCKER'S
RECIPE: SECRET SWEET AND SOUR MUSTARD SAUCE FOR BRATWURST (OR HOT …
SOUR CREAM-MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE - WOMAN'S DAY
CHINESE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE : DOWNLOAD SIMPLE COOKING …
RECIPE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
5 EASY MUSTARD SAUCES, DIPS, AND MARINADES - AVERIE COOKS
SWEET-AND-SOUR ORANGE SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SWEET MUSTARD SAUCE - CASTLE IN THE MOUNTAINS
SWEET & SOUR MUSTARD SAUCE « FARMHOUSE COOK - PINTEREST
SWEET AND SOUR MUSTARD GREENS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE RECIPE [VIDEO]
SWEET-AND-SOUR SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SWEET-AND-SOUR MUSTARD | RECIPE | MUSTARD RECIPE, CONDIMENT …
CHINESE SWEET SOUR MUSTARD CABBAGE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
10 BEST SWEET MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE (MCDONALD'S COPYCAT) - YAY KOSHER
SWEET AND SOUR MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
You'll also love