TEX-MEX CHICKEN LASAGNA RECIPE - (4.7/5)
Provided by á-25138
Number Of Ingredients 28
- Preheat oven to broil. Put on a large pasta pot of water, bring to boil. Once the water is boiling add about 1 teaspoon of salt to water. To bring water to boil quickly top with a lid but remove lid during the cooking of the pasta. Rinse chicken, pat dry place in a large bowl and set aside. Mix all seasonings in a small bowl. Sprinkle two tablespoons of the seasoning blend on the chicken and mix well. Refrigerate chicken while you prepare the vegetables. Place all vegetables except Italian parsley on an oven proof tray. Coat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Mix well and roast all vegetables until slightly charred. Remove from oven and cover with a towel and set aside. Turn oven temperature to 375 degrees. Remove chicken from refrigerator. In a shallow bowl add flour and 1 tsp. of seasoning blend, mix well. Take the chicken and lightly coat in the flour mixture. In a large pot or skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and brown about 3-4 minutes on each side. Repeat until all the chicken has been browned. Do not discard flour mixture. Place chicken on a plate and set aside. Note: Chicken is not cooked all the way it will finish cooking in the oven when baked. Remove skin and seeds of roasted Anaheim, Poblanos and Bell Pepper. Place all roasted vegetables into blender and pulse leaving slightly chunky and set aside. Take chicken and chop. I like my chicken about 1/2 inch but it is solely up to you. If young children will be eating this dish, chop finely. In the pan that the chicken was cooked in add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add remaining flour and whisk well for about 2 minutes over medium heat. Lower heat to medium-low, add parsley and mix well. Pour in chicken broth, milk and cream, whisk well. Add 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend and mix well. Add Cheddar cheese and 1/2 c. of Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of jack cheese by the handful, blending well after each addition. Whisk in 1/2 c. of ricotta cheese. Add the roasted vegetables and mix well. Add remaining seasonings. Remove about 1 1/2 cups of cream vegetable mixture and set aside. This will be used to top lasagna. Add chicken and juices back to the pot and mix well. Cook on low heat for about 5-6 minutes. Add pasta to pot, stir, cook 6 1/2 minutes. Pasta will finish cooking in oven. Drain pasta, rinse in hot water, drain again. Coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil to prevent sticking. In a 9 X 13 oven proof casserole dish, spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. To Assemble: Ladle about 1 cup of the sauce mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish, top with a layer of lasagna noodles, slightly overlap noodles. Top with a third of the sauce mixture, top with jack cheese, repeat with the next layer, ending with a final layer of lasagna noodles on top. Spread remaining sauce on top of lasagna sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and remaining jack cheese. Spray a large piece of aluminum foil with non stick cooking spray to prevent cheese from sticking. Cover casserole dish and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for about 15 to 20 more minutes are until browned. Allow to cook slightly before cutting. I cool my lasagna about 20 minutes so it will cut better. Serve warm.
CHICKEN TACO LASAGNA
- Combine chicken, lime juice, and taco seasoning in a large bowl. Stir to make sure chicken is evenly covered.
- Cook chicken mixture over medium heat until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Mix 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, sour cream, and salsa in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put a few spoonfuls of the sour cream mixture in the bottom of a 9x9-inch baking dish. Layer noodles and chicken on top. Cover with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until noodles are tender and cheese is melted, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 271.3 calories, Carbohydrate 21.6 g, Cholesterol 56.7 mg, Fat 11.4 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 19.9 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 904.5 mg, Sugar 3 g
"This easy dish is one of our family's favorites," says Cindy Osborn. The Little Rock, Arkansas reader likes to double the recipe, making one zippy lasagna for dinner and another to freeze. "Sometimes we eat the second one in the same week," she adds.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, taco seasoning and seasoned salt. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes., Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with 2 tortillas and a third of the sauce, cottage cheese and shredded cheese. Repeat layers twice. Cover; bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts :
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, and garlic until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in enchilada sauce, tomatoes, cumin, and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and cottage cheese.
- Spread 1/3 of the meat sauce in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Top with half of the 4-cheese blend, tortillas and cottage cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining meat sauce and sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 720.6, Fat 42.2, SaturatedFat 22.6, Cholesterol 196.8, Sodium 1540.8, Carbohydrate 31.8, Fiber 4.3, Sugar 5.9, Protein 53.2
Corn tortillas and salsa replace the noodles and Italian sauce in this cheesy southwest version of lasagna. It takes just minutes to assemble!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Brown meat in large skillet; drain. Stir in salsa and corn.
- Spoon 1 cup of the meat mixture into 12x8-inch baking dish. Top with half each of the tortillas, remaining meat mixture and VELVEETA; repeat layers. Cover with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes. Uncover. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until VELVEETA is melted and mixture is heated through. Garnish with BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream just before serving, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350, Fat 15 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 1310 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 20 g
CONTEST-WINNING TEX-MEX LASAGNA
This yummy dish combines my love of lasagna with my love of Mexican food. I made the recipe healthier by using lean ground beef and reduced-fat cheese. And I increased the fiber by adding beans. -Athena Russell of Florence, South Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, corn, jalapeno, taco seasoning and 3/4 cup tomato sauce. , Combine salsa and remaining tomato sauce. Spread 1/4 cup into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with four noodles (noodles will overlap slightly), half of the meat sauce, 1 cup salsa mixture, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining noodles, salsa mixture and cheeses. , Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with sour cream, avocado and onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381 calories, Fat 13g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 47mg cholesterol, Sodium 1170mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
TEX-MEX CHICKEN LASAGNA WITH TOMATILLO SAUCE
I made this for our Cinco de Mayo dinner this year. I have another Mexican Lasagna recipe and decided that I would make this one a lasagna instead of using tortillas. I switched the recipe up some by adding poblanos (my favorite pepper) and roasting the vegetables. The original recipe didn't do that. I actually added 3...
Provided by Jolayne Cooper
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare tomatillos and onion, and place on a large sheet pan. Add the whole jalapenos and poblano(s). (If you like extra spice, add another jalapeno.) Roast these vegetables for about 15 minutes, until tender.
- 2. Remove the vegetables from the oven and place in a food processor or blender and puree, add salt to taste. If using the blender, you will need to do in batches. Be careful when blending hot foods or liquids, don't fill too full.
- 3. In a medium bowl combine shredded cheese, cream cheese, and chili powder. I used a mixer. (The picture here is the vegies pureed.)
- 4. Coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon one-fourth of the tomatillo mixture into the prepared baking dish. Lay down lasagna noodles to cover. Top with 1/3 of the chicken and 1/3 of the cheese mixture and then 1/4 of the tomatillo sauce. Repeat 2 more times, ending with the tomatillo sauce. Cover with foil.
- 5. Bake about 30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly around the edges.
- 6. NOTE: I made this a day ahead and kept in the refrigerator. Then took it out an hour before and brought to room temperature. It takes closer to an hour to bake when doing this since none of the ingredients are hot at the time it goes in the oven.
People also searched
More about "tex mex chicken lasagna recipe 475"
TEX-MEX LASAGNA RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
4.5/5 (3)Category EntreeCuisine SouthwesternTotal Time 35 mins
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and garlic over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- In large bowl, stir together beef, beans, 1 cup of the cheese, the chili powder, cumin, salsa, tomatoes and sour cream. In casserole, place 2 tortillas. Spoon one-third of beef mixture over tortillas. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves, if desired.
BEST TEX MEX ZUCCHINI LASAGNA RECIPE-HOW TO MAKE TEX MEX ...
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Dinner, Main DishTotal Time 50 mins
- Preheat oven to 375º. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, less 2 minutes.
TEX-MEX LASAGNA - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
4/4 (1)Estimated Reading Time 50 secs See details »
CHEESY TEX-MEX PORK ENCHILADA LASAGNA RECIPE - HOME CHEF
Total Time 55 minsCalories 683 per serving See details »
TEX-MEX LASAGNA - SOUTHERN LADY MAGAZINE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
DELICIOUS DELIGHTS: TEX-MEX LASAGNA
Author Delicious DelightsEstimated Reading Time 50 secs See details »
TEX-MEX LASAGNA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (51)Calories 415 per serving
- Combine first 4 ingredients; spread 2/3 cup sauce in bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 2 noodles over sauce; top with 1/2 cup corn and half of beans. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese; top with 2/3 cup sauce. Repeat layers once; top with remaining 2 noodles. Spread remaining sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Cover and bake at 450° for 30 minutes or until noodles are tender and sauce is bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes. Sprinkle with onions.
TEX-MEX LASAGNA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (9)Total Time 1 hr 27 minsServings 8
- Cook first 5 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender and beef crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Layer 1 cup beef mixture, 2 tortillas (overlapping edges), and 1/2 cup cheese in a lightly greased 7- x 5- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish. Repeat layers once. Repeat procedure with 3 additional 7- x 5- x 1 1/2-inch baking dishes. Cover dishes with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 5 more minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with desired toppings.
MEXICAN CHICKEN LASAGNA - COOKING AND CUSSING
5/5 (2)Category Main CourseCuisine American, MexicanTotal Time 1 hr 50 mins
- Preheat broiler to high. Place two poblano peppers on a baking sheet and rub the outside of the peppers with olive oil. Place peppers in the broiler and cook for 15 minutes or until the skin is charred. Turn the pepper over halfway through cooking time.
- Melt 2 Tb of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir continuously for 2 minutes or until the flour is slightly browned. Slowly add the chicken stock and whisk until there are no lumps in the sauce.
TEX MEX CHICKEN LASAGNA - CREOLE CONTESSA
Estimated Reading Time 5 minsTotal Time 1 hr 40 mins
- Put on a large pasta pot of water, bring to boil. Once the water is boiling add about 1 teaspoon of salt to water. To bring water to boil quickly top with a lid but remove lid during the cooking of the pasta.
- Rinse chicken, pat dry place in a large bowl and set aside. Mix all seasonings in a small bowl. Sprinkle two tablespoons of the seasoning blend on the chicken and mix well. Refrigerate chicken while you prepare the vegetables.
VEGAN TEX-MEX LASAGNA RECIPE (CREAMY + SPICY ...
5/5 (2)Servings 9Cuisine VeganCategory Dinner
- Vegan CheeseUse your favourite or here's a recipe for a delicious Jalapeno cheese you can make at home (I'd make this ahead of time).
- Cashew Cream - optional, but I think makes a wonderful addition. Recipe here but these are the ingredients you will need (1/2 cup cashews, water, salsa, garlic, cumin, lime, salt). If you have a high-speed blender like a Vitamix, this takes only a few minutes to make (you can do it while the filling is cooking).
- The FillingHeat 1 tbsp of oil in a large stirfry pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped onions and sweet potato or squash - cook, stirring as necessary until the squash is softening and the onions are fragrant, after about 4 minutes, add in the chopped peppers stirring to incorporate. Add the garlic and continue to cook for another 4 - 5 minutes (adjust the heat if necessary).
- Add the canned tomatoes and its juice (either break the tomatoes up with the back of a spoon, cut them or gently break them with your hands before you put them into the pan). Add the salsa and all the spices - bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 10 - 15 minutes to let the juices thicken.
TEX-MEX LASAGNA RECIPE, GLUTEN FREE COMFORT FOOD! - MOM FOODIE
5/5 (2)Category Main CourseServings 8-12Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Fry the ground meat in skillet, if fatty drain. Add the McCormick Gluten Free Taco Seasoning mix and 1/2 cup of water. Stir well and simmer on low for a couple minutes, before shutting off the burner.
- Cover bottom of lasagna pan with a thin layer of salsa, then arrange a layer of tortillas, fully covering the bottom. (cut or tear some if necessary to fully cover without making it too thick).
- Spoon the taco seasoned meat into the lasagna pan, and spread out evenly. Sprinkle a little cheese, then top with another tortilla layer.
MEXICAN LASAGNA - COOKING CLASSY
Cuisine Tex-MexTotal Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 356 per serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl blend together sour cream, 1 cup salsa, green chiles, cilantro, chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Fold in shredded chicken.
- Spray an 11 by 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray and spread 1/3 cup salsa evenly in bottom of dish.
- Layer 15 tortilla quarters evenly over salsa, slightly overlapping each other (the flat cut sides of tortillas should be facing the rim of dish and rounded sides facing inward).
- Spread 1/2 of the chicken mixture evenly over tortilla layer the sprinkle 1/2 cup corn evenly over chicken mixture layer.
TEX MEX BREAKFAST LASAGNA - KINDA HEALTHY RECIPES
4.7/5 (15)Total Time 1 hrCategory BreakfastCalories 350 per serving
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat before transferring to a large bowl. Discard remaining bacon grease and add the peppers. Cook for 3-4 minutes to soften and transfer to the bowl. Reduce the heat to medium and add the eggs. Fully cook to a scramble and add to the bowl with the peppers and bacon.
TEX-MEX LASAGNA | FRENCH'S - SPICES, SEASONING, RECIPE ...
Cuisine MexicanCategory EntreesServings 6 See details »
TEX-MEX LASAGNA - AND HOW I AIM TO RIDE THIS TRAIN ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 55 minsCategory SnackCalories 540 per serving See details »
TEX-MEX LASAGNA | MRFOOD.COM
4/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Pastas See details »
TEX-MEX CHICKEN LASAGNA RECIPE | TASTEFULLY SIMPLE
1/5 Total Time 1 hrServings 8 See details »
TEX-MEX CHICKEN LASAGNA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (4)Total Time 40 minsCategory One Dish MealCalories 461 per serving See details »
TEX MEX LASAGNA | EASY 30 MINUTE MEAL FOR THE FAMILY
Cuisine MexicanTotal Time 30 minsCategory Main Dish See details »
TEX-MEX CHICKEN LASAGNA RECIPE - YOUTUBE
See details »
You'll also love