TOMATO, OLIVE, AND CAPER COMPOTE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield about 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, jalapeno, and celery, season with pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, olives, and capers and cook, stirring, until hot, about 2 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and parsley.
TOMATO AND RED ONION COMPOTE
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining ingredients and sauté just until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
TOMATO AND RED ONION COMPOTE
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and sauté just until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211, Fat 18.5, SaturatedFat 2.6, Sodium 11.3, Carbohydrate 11.7, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 6.3, Protein 2.1
- Heat oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil, and spread tomatoes cut side up on sheet. Season with sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Scatter thyme and garlic on top, and oven-dry for 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauté pan, heat olive oil. Add onion, season with salt, and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until very tender and golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Cool tomatoes, then peel and place on a cutting board. Finely chop tomatoes with cooked garlic. Place in a bowl. Pull oven-dried thyme leaves off their stems and add to tomatoes; discard stems. Add sun-dried tomatoes, onion and basil to bowl and combine. Taste compote, and add salt and pepper if needed.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 95, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 13 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 432 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine onions and honey.
- Cook slowly until caramelized, about 45 minutes.
- Add vinegar and stir.
- Add water and reduce to low heat.
- Cook uncovered until liquid has been absorbed.
- Onions are done when they are tender, have melted together,and are moist but not wet.
- (More liquid and cooking time may be needed.) Whisk in butter.
- Let cool and store in a mason jar.
- When ready to use, reheat the compote over low heat and adjust seasoning.
- Onion compote will keep refrigerated for at least a month.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, briefly cook the olive oil, onions, thyme, tarragon and garlic. When onions begin to wilt, add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Combine well.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes or until all liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the garlic clove and herb sprigs before using.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 88, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 1 gram, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 236 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams
TOMATO AND RED ONION SALAD
- Gently toss together tomatoes, onion, parsley, and salt in a large bowl; season with pepper. Drizzle in oil, and toss to combine. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
TOMATO AND RED ONION SAUCE
This is a brilliant recipe to use if you want to prep and cook something that you only need to check on occasionally. No slaving over a hot stove for me thanks! This can be used on meats, on sandwiches or with fries like ketchup.
Provided by MADAMEMIMI
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the cherry tomatoes, red onion, balsamic vinegar, chile pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 15 minutes, then mash the tomatoes to release the juices. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick, about 45 minutes. Allow to cool, then cover and refrigerate until needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 14.4 calories, Carbohydrate 3.3 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 0.5 g, Sodium 4.2 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
ROASTED ONION AND CHERRY-TOMATO COMPOTE
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees with a 12-by-14-inch roasting pan on center rack. Rub olive oil over onions and garlic, and place in pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until onions begin to brown, 35 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the pan gets too dry and onions begin to stick, add a few tablespoons of water. Lower heat to 400 degrees. Add raisins, stir, and cook 8 minutes more. Add tomatoes and brown sugar; cook until tomatoes begin to split, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to top of stove over medium-high heat. Add Marsala, and season with salt and pepper. Stir well, scraping up any cooked-on bits. Stir until Marsala has been fully incorporated. Serve the vegetables warm.
ROASTED TOMATOES & RED ONIONS
Try a mix of smallish tomatoes such as baby plum, cherry and pomodorino. This recipe works well as a side for eggy and cheesy dishes!
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Put the onion in the middle of a large square of double thickness foil. Fold up the sides of the foil to make a baking tray. Scatter the tomatoes on top of the onion and drizzle 3 tbsp olive oil over. Add the garlic and thyme and season. Put the foil on a rack on the barbecue and cook for about 15 mins, or until the onions and the tomatoes are tender. If you are using an oven, put everything into a roasting tray and cook at 220C / fan 200C / gas 7 for 20 mins. Serve with herb omelettes.
TOMATO OLIVE CAPER COMPOTE
- 1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes, until soft. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute more.
- 2. Add the tomatoes, olives, capers, and salt and cook over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- 3. Serve over grilled chicken, fish, pasta or rice.
More about "tomato and red onion compote recipes"
RED ONION TOMATO JAM RECIPE - ALTON BROWN
CHERRY TOMATO AND ONION COMPOTE - THE GLOBE AND MAIL
RED WINE ONION COMPOTE (COMPOTE D’OIGNON AU VIN ROUGE)
CHERRY TOMATO COMPOTE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CARMELIZED TOMATO AND ONION COMPOTE - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
RED SNAPPER WITH TOMATO-ONION COMPOTE
TOMATO, ONION AND ROSEMARY COMPOTE RECIPE - ALI SEEDSMAN
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH RED ONION COMPOTE - DAIRY FARMERS OF …
RECIPES/TOMATO-AND-RED-ONION-COMPOTE-103524.JSON AT MASTER ...
VEAL BURGERS WITH ONION COMPOTE - BBQSTREET
TOMATO-ONION COMPOTE - PLAIN.RECIPES
PEPPER, TOMATO, AND ONION COMPOTE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
RED ONION COMPOTE - THE VERSATILE ACCESSORY | GLADKOKKEN
ROASTED TOMATO COMPOTE | URBNSPICE
CARMELIZED TOMATO AND ONION COMPOTE - BIGOVEN
GARDEN TOMATO COMPOTE - A FAMILY FEAST®
SPICY TOMATO BERRY COMPOTE BY SAVORANDSAGE | QUICK & EASY …
ALL-AMERICAN HAMBURGERS WITH RED ONION COMPOTE RECIPE - FOOD …
TOMATO AND ONION COMPOTE – THINGSIMAKEINMYKITCHEN
TOMATO AND RED ONION COMPOTE RECIPE - FRIENDSEAT.COM
RECIPE: GRILLED CHICKEN WITH OREGANO, CINNAMON AND PAPRIKA WITH …
CHERRY TOMATO AND ONION COMPOTE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ONION COMPOTE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ROASTED ONION AND CHERRY-TOMATO COMPOTE RECIPE
CARMELIZED TOMATO AND ONION COMPOTE RECIPE
RED ONION TOMATO | QUICK AND EASY RECIPE FOR BEGINNERS
ONION COMPOTE - COOKEATSHARE
TOMATO GRILLED CHICKEN WITH OVEN ROASTED TOMATO AND ONION …
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #sauces #chutneys #condiments-etc #vegetables #easy #summer #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #seasonal #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #tomatoes #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love