TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIZZA PIE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: garlic, olive oil, Walmart Beefsteak Slicing Tomatoes, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, refrigerated pizza dough, shredded gruyère cheese, grated parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, fresh thyme leaf
Provided by Walmart
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Peel the outer papery layers off of the head of garlic. Slice the top ½ inch off of the bulb and place on a small square of foil. Drizzle the top with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Wrap tightly in the foil and set in a ramekin or small baking dish. Set aside while you prepare the tomatoes.
- Slice the Walmart tomatoes crosswise into ¼-inch rounds, discarding the stems. Arrange the tomato slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, overlapping slightly if needed. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Place the tomatoes and garlic in the oven and roast for 35-40 minutes, until the tomatoes are softened and dry looking on top and the garlic cloves are golden brown and soft to the touch. Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients. Leave the oven on.
- Lay the pizza dough round in a 9-inch springform pan and gently press against the bottom, letting the dough go about 2 inches up the sides. Using a fork, gently press the sides of the dough against the pan, and then prick the bottom of the dough a few times.
- Bake for 8 minutes, until the dough is just starting to puff up and set. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F (190°C).
- Gently remove 8 cloves of roasted garlic from the bulb. Roughly chop 6 cloves, and thinly slice the remaining 2 lengthwise.
- Add the chopped garlic, Gruyère, parmesan, mayonnaise, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, remaining ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and chopped thyme to a medium bowl and stir until well combined.
- Spoon half of the cheese mixture onto the pizza crust and gently smooth in an even layer. Using a spatula, transfer half of the roasted tomatoes onto the cheese and press very gently into an even layer. Repeat with the remaining cheese and tomatoes. Sprinkle the sliced roasted garlic on top.
- Bake the pizza pie for 45-60 minutes, until the filling is bubbling and the crust is golden brown. If the crust is browning too quickly, cover the edges of the pan with foil. Remove from the oven and let rest for 1 hour.
- Garnish with the whole thyme leaves, then slice and serve.
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE
This savory pie calls for roasting tomatoes to concentrate their flavor, then layering them with two kinds of cheese atop a garlic-butter crust for a result as dramatic as it is delicious.
Provided by Rick Martinez
Yield Makes 1 (9"-diameter) pie
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 475°F. Arrange tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet, covering entire surface (it's okay if they overlap). Drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast until tomatoes begin to look dry on top, 25-30 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook garlic and butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, swirling often, until butter foams and milk solids turn golden, 5-7 minutes. Strain garlic butter through a fine-mesh sieve into a heatproof measuring cup; transfer garlic and toasty bits to a cutting board. Finely chop and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Pulse crackers and ¼ tsp. salt in a food processor until fine crumbs form (you should have about 2 cups). Add eggs and 6 Tbsp. garlic butter and pulse until mixture is the consistency of wet sand; set remaining garlic butter aside. Transfer to springform pan. Using a flat-bottomed measuring cup, press crumbs firmly onto bottom and 1½" up sides of pan. Bake crust until edge is just starting to take on color, 8-10 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let crust cool.
- Mix Taleggio, Parmesan, mayonnaise, chopped thyme, remaining ½ tsp. salt, remaining ¼ tsp. pepper, and reserved chopped garlic in a medium bowl. Gently dollop half of cheese mixture over bottom of crust, then spread into an even layer with an offset spatula (don't press too hard or you will break the crust). Layer half of tomato slices over and press down to even out layers. Repeat with remaining cheese mixture and tomatoes. Brush remaining garlic butter over tomatoes. Top with shallot and thyme leaves.
- Set pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake pie until filling is bubbling vigorously and crust is browned, 60-75 minutes. Transfer to rack and let cool 1 hour before serving.
- Do Ahead: Pie can be made 1 day ahead. Cover loosely and chill.
ROASTED-GARLIC TOAST WITH TOMATO
Martha likes to use a rustic boule with a bit of rye in it for a denser, moister crumb. It toasts up beautifully without drying out and makes the ideal canvas for meltingly tender garlic confit, juicy Campari tomatoes, and fresh parsley.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brush bread with oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake until golden around edges but still soft in centers, about 10 minutes. Spread with garlic confit and top with tomatoes. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt and parsley.
ROASTED TOMATOES WITH GARLIC
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place a piece of aluminum foil over a baking sheet.
- Place the tomatoes and garlic into a mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and toss until evenly coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then spread evenly onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the grape tomatoes in the preheated oven until the skins pop and start to brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 63.6 calories, Carbohydrate 5.3 g, Fat 4.8 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 9.4 mg
ROASTED GARLIC TOMATO PIZZA
There's nothing fancy about this appetizing entree. Its naturally good ingredients speak for themselves. The yeast crust provides a tasty base. We especially enjoy it in summer when the tomatoes and basil are fresh from our garden.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, Parmesan cheese, yeast, sugar and salt. Add water and oil; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough. , Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour., Meanwhile, remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb. Brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. , Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze roasted garlic onto a cutting board and slice., Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle. , Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly; prick dough thoroughly with a fork. brush dough with the remaining oil. Layer with tomatoes, roasted garlic, salt, pepper and mozzarella cheese. , Bake at 450° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310 calories, Fat 11g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 24mg cholesterol, Sodium 524mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
GARLIC BASIL TOMATO PIE
This is one of my most favorite appetizers, great for serving in the summer when tomatoes are at their best. I once tripled the garlic, not very sociable!
Provided by Mirj2338
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bake the piecrust at 375 degrees 10 minutes, or until light brown.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine oil and garlic.
- Cook over low heat just until heated, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange half of the provolone cheese over the partially baked crust.
- Sprinkle with half of the basil and top with half of the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Finally, spoon garlic mixture over pie.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is deep golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 235.9, Fat 16.3, SaturatedFat 7.8, Cholesterol 25.1, Sodium 449.2, Carbohydrate 11.6, Fiber 1, Sugar 2.5, Protein 11
ROASTED TOMATO PIE
The is the tasty results of the combination of the best of Jean1s Tomato Pie and ratherbeswimmins Oven Roasted Tomatoes. I had the tomato pie at my cousins house and while it was great, I thought of a couple of tweaks, plus it turns out my pie plates are 12 inch deep dish, so I adjusted accordingly. When the pie was made with fresh tomatoes from the garden, the flavor was great, but it was somewhat wet, plus it seemed a shame to only be able to enjoy this wonderful taste in the summer time. I wondered if it could be made in the dead of winter, using only supermarket tomatoes, and still taste good. I made one using some rather tasteless supermarket Roma tomatoes and it turned out really great. You need only to roast fresh tomatoes for 30 minutes hour, but I recommend roasting the supermarket ones 30 minutes on each side. I was amazed what roasting does to some rather blah somewhat dry Roma tomatoes. This is a great way to use the bits and pieces of leftover cheese you have and the bacon is totally optional. I discovered that while it was really good right from the oven, it got better as it sat, next day the flavors were like wow. The tomatoes can even be roasted a day or two ahead - just lay on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and put into the refrigerator, and if you prefer making your crust from scratch, go for it.. Hope you enjoy, this pie is very rich, so I would start with small slices, but it is also very habit forming.
Provided by Sandy in Dayton
Yield 12 inch pie, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with either foil or parchment paper, add a cooling rack and then give it a light spray with cooking spray. Wash and then slice the tomatoes in 1/4 inch slices and lay them out on the rack, and lightly salt. Place on middle rack in the oven and roast for 30 minutes (if you are using fresh tomatoes from garden, remove and let cool on the rack) remove from oven and somewhat carefully turn tomato slices over and return to the oven for another 30 minutes. While tomatoes are roasting, cut bacon strips into small bite size pieces, brown just until fat has been rendered, and them remove and drain on paper towels and set aside. While tomatoes are cooling, turn oven temperature up to 425 degrees.
- Unroll pie crust and fit it into pie plate, lightly pick and then bake pie crust for 5 minutes and then remove and set where the pie plate can cool.
- Turn oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the cheese mixture(can be shredded or chopped somewhat finely) with the chives, pepper, Herbes de Provence and then add the mayo and mix thoroughly.
- Lay tomato slices in the bottom and around the sides of the pie crust, then top with the cheese mixture (spreading out to the edges somewhat like icing) and then sprinkle the bacon bits even across the top. I found that I needed to add a strip of foil around the edge of the crust to prevent it burning. I put the pie in the oven for 20 minutes, then removed foil edge and baked another 10 minutes. I removed from the oven and sprinkled some finely chopped basil over the top of the pie.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 172.9, Fat 11.8, SaturatedFat 5.5, Cholesterol 17.6, Sodium 399.2, Carbohydrate 10.9, Fiber 1, Sugar 2.3, Protein 6.1
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Wrap to enclose garlic in foil, and place on a small baking sheet. Bake until soft and golden brown and the tip of a knife easily pierces the flesh, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside. Raise oven temperature to 450 degrees. When garlic is cool enough to handle, using either your hands or the dull end of a large knife, squeeze the cloves out of their skins and into a small bowl; mash with a fork, and set aside. Discard the papery skins.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 1/8-inch-thick circle, about 12 inches in diameter. With a dry pastry brush, brush off the excess flour; roll the dough around the rolling pin, and lift it over a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Line the pan with the dough, pressing it into the corners. Trim the dough so that it is flush with the edges; transfer to the refrigerator to chill, about 30 minutes.
- Spread roasted garlic evenly on the chilled crust. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Arrange the tomatoes on top of the cheese, in an overlapping circular pattern. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Transfer to oven. Reduce temperature to 400 degrees. and bake until crust is golden and tomatoes are soft but still retain their shape, 45 to 55 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool for 20 minutes, and serve warm.
ROASTED GARLIC & SUN-DRIED TOMATO TOAST
During the busy holiday season, I really love special appetizers that are actually easy to prepare. This recipe fits the bill.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off of each garlic bulb. Place garlic in a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Add the broth, oil and tomatoes., Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until garlic is softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Place baguette slices on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 4-6 minutes or until toasted., Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; spread over baguette slices. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 89 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 146mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GARLIC ROASTED TOMATO SPREAD
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Arrange tomatoes, cut side up, in a shallow baking dish; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle garlic, oregano, sugar, and salt evenly atop.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn tomatoes over and roast until caramelized and very soft, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven and set aside to cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Transfer tomato mixture to a blender or food processor; puree until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 144.1 calories, Carbohydrate 5.5 g, Fat 13.8 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 296.8 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
More about "tomato and roasted garlic pie recipes"
TOMATO AND GARLIC PIE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
3.7/5 (42)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 1
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE DINNER LUNCH TASTY FOOD RECIPE
FRESH HEIRLOOM TOMATO PIE WITH ROASTED GARLIC - CHEF JON WILLIAM
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE RECIPE | RECIPE CART
ROASTED TOMATO CHEDDAR PIE - TILLAMOOK
TOMATO BACON PASTA RECIPE (CAN USE PROSCUITTO OR PANCETTA)
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE | RECIPE | ROASTED GARLIC, RECIPES, …
WEB RECIPE | TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE RECIPE - PIE
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE - MASTERCOOK
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE | RECIPE | ROASTED GARLIC, RECIPES ...
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE | RECIPE | SUMMER RECIPES, THIN …
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE | RECIPE | ROASTED GARLIC, …
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE | RECIPE | COOKING, …
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE | RECIPE | COOKING, RECIPES, ROASTED GARLIC
HERBED TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC TART – SMITTEN KITCHEN
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIZZA PIE | NUTRISETUP
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE | RECIPE | ROASTED GARLIC, RECIPES ...
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE | RECIPE | RECIPES, COOKING, …
TOMATO PIE - A SOUTHERN CLASSIC MADE WITH FRESH TOMATOES AND …
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE RECIPE FOR GARLIC LOVER'S DAY, …
TOMATO AND GARLIC PIE RECIPE
OVEN ROASTED TOMATO & GARLIC PIZZA – BAKING STEEL
ROASTED GARLIC TOMATOES – PERFECT HOLIDAY APPETIZER
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE | RECIPE | THIN CRACKERS, SAVORY PIE ...
RICOTTA TOAST WITH OVEN ROASTED TOMATOES, BASIL AND GARLIC
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE | RECIPE | ROASTED GARLIC, FOOD, RECIPES
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE - PUNCHFORK
BASIL AND TOMATO RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC PIE | RECIPE | RECIPES, CASHEW RECIPES, …
GARLIC ROASTED TOMATO : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
ROASTED TOMATO GARLIC AND RICOTTA TART - MORGAN SISTERS RECIPES
ROASTED TOMATOES WITH GARLIC: HEALTHY RECIPE - LIFE EXTENSION
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you bake a tomato pie with tomatoes?Layer half of tomato slices over and press down to even out layers. Repeat with remaining cheese mixture and tomatoes. Brush remaining garlic butter over tomatoes. Top with shallot, then scatter thyme leaves over. Bake pie until filling bubbles vigorously and crust is browned, 60–75 minutes. Let cool 1 hour before serving.
How to cook tomatoes and garlic in oven?Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place a piece of aluminum foil over a baking sheet. Place the tomatoes and garlic into a mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and toss until evenly coated.
How do you make a pizza crust with tomatoes and cheese?Gently dollop half of cheese mixture over bottom of crust, then spread into an even layer with an offset spatula (don’t press too hard or you will break the crust). Layer half of tomato slices over and press down to even out layers. Repeat with remaining cheese mixture and tomatoes. Brush remaining garlic butter over tomatoes.
What is in creamy roasted garlic tomato soup?This Creamy Roasted Garlic Tomato Soup recipe is a great rendition of a classic soup that is often enjoyed during the cooler months. Made from herb roasted tomatoes, roasted garlic, vegetable stock, heavy cream, and an array of herbs + seasonings, this soup is one that the whole family will love.