MAINE BLUEBERRY PIE WITH CRUMB TOPPING
I make this delicious fruit pie with small Maine berries, but you can use any variety you like. The shortbread topping adds a sweet crunch. - Jessie Grearson, Falmouth, Maine
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pie crust into a 9-in. cast-iron skillet or deep-dish pie plate; flute edges., In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar, flour, cinnamon and, if desired, thyme and lemon zest; toss gently. Spoon into crust; dot with butter., In a food processor, cover and process cookies until coarsely chopped. Add the oats, brown sugar, butter, flour, salt and cinnamon; process until crumbly. Sprinkle over berry mixture., Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 45-55 minutes. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes if necessary to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 462 calories, Fat 19g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 25mg cholesterol, Sodium 264mg sodium, Carbohydrate 72g carbohydrate (36g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Press the pie crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Mix in the lemon zest and lemon juice. Gently stir in the blueberries. Pour into the pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon. Mix in butter using a fork until crumbly. Spread the crumb topping evenly over the pie filling.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until browned on top. Cool over a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 461.2 calories, Carbohydrate 75.6 g, Cholesterol 22.9 mg, Fat 17 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 185 mg, Sugar 45.8 g
MYSTERY INGREDIENT WILD BLUEBERRY PIE
I came up with this tasty twist on a classic blueberry pie recipe when I was searching the spice cupboard for nutmeg. My family loved it so much that I made two more pies the next day! Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Provided by Monique
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Press 1 pie crust pastry into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Stir blueberries, sugar, flour, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Add almond extract; stir to coat. Pour blueberry mixture into the prepared pie crust. Dot the blueberry mixture with butter pieces. Top with second pie crust, crimping the two crusts together. Brush top crust with milk. Make a few incisions with a knife into the top crust to allow steam to escape during baking. Wrap the edges of the pie with aluminum foil to avoid burning.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and continue baking until blueberry filling is bubbling and crust is browned, 20 to 25 more minutes. Cool before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 394.3 calories, Carbohydrate 49.3 g, Cholesterol 15.4 mg, Fat 21.1 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 7.4 g, Sodium 276.4 mg, Sugar 21.7 g
HOMEMADE WILD BLUEBERRY PIE WITH CRUMB TOP!
My favorite pie of all pies is homemade blueberry! Well....and huckleberry, too, but this one is for wild blueberry today. ;) :) I keep working on it until I perfect it, and I think this is pretty close to being called done! It's a cooked kind that never fails me, and doesn't run all over the place when you cut into it. Even...
Provided by Kelly Williams
Categories Fruit Desserts
Number Of Ingredients 17
- 1. In large saucepan, bring 4 cups frozen berries and 1 cup + 1 Tbl. sugar to a boil over medium-high heat stirring/folding gently until sugar has dissolved and there is juice. Mix cornstarch with cold water and pour into berry mixture stirring. Gently stir until clear and thickened. Remove from heat, add rest of pie ingredients except last of berries, and fold until mixed in and butter has melted. *Fold in last of frozen berries. Cool and chill. Spoon pie filling into pie plate that is lined with unbaked pastry. Flute pie edge.
- 2. For Crumb Topping: Place cut-up butter into medium-sized mixing bowl. Drizzle with vanilla. Add the 1/4 cup sugar and the flour. Cut in butter until crumbs. *I just do this with my fingers. Sprinkle over pie. Sprinkle top with 1/2-1 tsp. sugar. Pop into pre-heated 400 degree oven, close door, reduce heat to 375, and bake for about 40 minutes until it just starts to bubble and crust is golden brown. Remove and cool on counter. Can store, covered, on counter at room temp., or placed into the fridge and chilled.
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE
We love how the cinnamon-scented streusel topping lets the juicy berries peek through.
Provided by Melissa Roberts
Categories Food Processor Berry Fruit Dessert Bake Fourth of July Thanksgiving Mother's Day Graduation Father's Day Backyard BBQ Blueberry Spice Summer Anniversary Family Reunion Cinnamon Potluck Bon Appétit Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher Pie
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- For crust:
- Pulse 1 1/4 cups flour, butter, and salt in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse meal with some pea-size pieces remaining. Drizzle 3 tablespoons ice water over mixture. Pulse until moist clumps form, adding more water by teaspoonfuls if mixture is dry. Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface. Divide into 4 equal pieces. Working with 1 piece at a time, use the heel of your hand to smear each portion of dough twice in a forward motion to distribute butter. Gather all 4 dough pieces into a ball. Flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic, and chill dough until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a 13" round. Transfer to pie dish, gently pressing dough onto bottom and up sides of dish. Fold overhang under and crimp edges decoratively. Pierce bottom of crust in several places with a fork, then chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and place on a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 375°F. Line crust with parchment paper or foil and fill with pie weights. Bake until crust is set, about 20 minutes. Carefully remove parchment and pie weights. Bake until crust is pale golden, about 12 minutes longer. Transfer crust to a wire rack; let cool.
- Filling and topping:
- Whisk 2/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, and lemon zest in a large bowl. Add blueberries and lemon juice; toss gently to coat and evenly distribute. Let filling stand, tossing occasionally, until berries release their juices, 20-30 minutes.
- Whisk flour, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, light brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Add melted butter; mix topping with fingertips to blend.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spoon blueberry filling into crust, then sprinkle topping over. Bake pie until filling is bubbling and topping is golden, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cover with foil after 30 minutes if browning too fast.
- Let pie cool on a wire rack.
- Do Ahead
- Dough can be made up to 2 days ahead. Keep chilled. Pie can be baked 8 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
More about "wild blueberry pie with almond crumble topping recipes"
BLACKBERRY CRUMB PIE | GO BOLD WITH BUTTER
WILD BLUEBERRY PIE WITH ALMOND CRUMBLE TOPPING RECIPE ...
4.8/5 (5)Servings 8
- Roll out pie crust disk on floured surface to 12-inch round. Transfer to 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Turn crust edges under and crimp decoratively, forming crust edge 1/4 inch above sides of pie dish. Refrigerate while preparing filling and topping.
- Whisk 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar and cornstarch in heavy large saucepan to blend. Stir in blueberries and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until mixture bubbles and thickens, frequently stirring gently, about 13 minutes. Chill filling until cool, about 1 hour. If more sweetness is desired, stir in sugar by tablespoonfuls.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in processor; blend until mixture begins to clump together. Transfer to bowl; chill 30 minutes.
- Position rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 400°F. Spread blueberry filling evenly in unbaked crust. Sprinkle topping evenly over. Place pie on rimmed baking sheet and bake until crust and topping are golden and filling bubbles thickly, about 50 minutes. Transfer pie to rack and cool completely. DO AHEAD Can be made 8 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
ALMOND CRUMBLE BLUEBERRY PIE | BUNSEN BURNER BAKERY
Reviews 4Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 10Total Time 2 hrs
CRUMB TOPPED WILD BLUEBERRY MUFFINS - MINDEE'S COOKING ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 32 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 418 per serving
- Stir the flour and sugar together with a fork and then cut in the butter until it is crumbly. OR put the flour, sugar and butter in a processor and pulse until it is crumbly.
BLUEBERRY PIE WITH CRUMB TOPPING | MY OTHER MORE EXCITING SELF
Cuisine AmericanCategory DessertServings 8Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- In a bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup light-brown sugar, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and cinnamon.
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE (HOMEMADE PIE CRUST) | A FARMGIRL'S ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory DessertsCalories 306 per serving
- In a large bowl, mix the blueberries, granulated sugar, lemon juice, tapioca, cinnamon, and nutmeg with a spoon. Set aside.
THE BEST BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE RECIPE | TEN ACRE BAKER
5/5 (8)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 309 per serving
- Use a pastry blender or food processor to combine flour, butter and salt until the butter is in pea sized chunks. Add water and vodka in 1 tablespoon increments until dough is just moist enough to hold together. Shape into a disk, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least an hour.
- Combine all filling ingredients in large bowl. Use a masher to partially mash some of the blueberries so that their juice combines with the sugar and tapioca flour during the cooking process.
- Combine all ingredients except almonds in medium sized bowl. Once combined, add almonds and gently mix together. Crumble over to of pie.
- Use pie shield or aluminum foil around edge of crust to prevent over browning. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Without opening oven, reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue cooking for an additional 40 minutes. Remove pie shield during last 10 minutes of cooking.
BLUEBERRY PIE WITH ALMOND CRUMBLE TOPPING | LOVE AND …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
WILD BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE WITH ALMOND CRUMBLE TOPPING ...
3.7/5 (74)Servings 8
WILD BLUEBERRY PIE WITH ALMOND OAT CRUMBLE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
WILD BLUEBERRY PIE WITH ALMOND CRUMBLE TOPPING | RECIPE IN ...
ALMOND PASTE AND BLUEBERRY RECIPES (10) - SUPERCOOK
CRUMBLE TOPPING FOR BLUEBERRY PIE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
WILD BLUEBERRY PIE WITH ALMOND CRUMBLE TOPPING | RECIPE ...
WILD BLUEBERRY PIE WITH ALMOND CRUMBLE...
WILD BLUEBERRY PIE WITH ALMOND CRUMBLE TOPPING | RECIPE IN ...
ALMOND CRUMBLE TOPPING RECIPES
WILD BLUEBERRY PIE WITH ALMOND CRUMBLE TOPPING RECIPES
EASY BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BLUEBERRIES WILD RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make wild blueberry pie with Crumb top?How to Make Homemade Wild Blueberry Pie with Crumb Top! In large saucepan, bring 4 cups frozen berries and 1 cup + 1 Tbl. sugar to a boil over medium-high heat stirring/folding gently until sugar has dissolved and there is juice. Mix cornstarch with cold water and pour into berry mixture stirring.
What's the best topping for a blueberry pie?Delicious Cinnamon Streusel topped on this juicy homemade blueberry pie. Blueberry Crumble Pie is one of the easiest pies to make! Top this delicious blueberry pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Step 1: In a large bowl, mix the blueberries, granulated sugar, lemon juice, tapioca, cinnamon, and nutmeg with a spoon.
How long do you bake a blueberry pie?Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and continue baking until blueberry filling is bubbling and crust is browned, 20 to 25 more minutes. Cool before serving. You can use regular blueberries, but I find the wild ones are better.
How do you make a BlackBerry Crumb pie?In a large bowl, mix the blackberries, sugars, salt, lemon juice and flour. Crush some of the berries with the back of a spoon so they release their juices. Stir. Pour berry mixture into a dough lined pie pan. Top with the 3 tablespoons of butter. Place an even layer of the crumb topping on top of the berries.