WALNUT-COCONUT-APPLESAUCE COFFEE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine applesauce, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a separate bowl. Add flour mixture to the egg mixture, alternating with buttermilk just until batter is moistened. Fold coconut and walnuts into batter; pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Dust coffeecake with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353.6 calories, Carbohydrate 63.2 g, Cholesterol 31.8 mg, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 6.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 355.7 mg, Sugar 40.8 g
APPLE CRUMBLE COFFEE CAKE
Finally, after all these years, I've come up with a solution for people who can't decide whether to make an apple crumble or coffee cake. This features the best things about both of those recipes. It's like baking a crumb-topped coffee cake on top of another coffee cake!
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x12-inch baking dish generously.
- Whisk flour, sea salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine walnuts, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, cinnamon, and melted butter in a bowl. Mix until walnuts and sugar are thoroughly coated with butter.
- Cream butter and sugar together in another bowl with a spatula until well blended. Add 1 egg and whisk until mixture is smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in second egg until thoroughly incorporated. Add vanilla extract and yogurt; whisk together. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients; whisk just until flour disappears. Do not overmix.
- Remove cores from apples. Cut across into 1/8- to 1/4-inch slices. Stack up a few slices, make 1 cut down the center, and dice across into cubes. Add to cake batter, folding in with a spatula until just combined.
- Spread 1/2 of the batter evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Scatter 1/2 of the crumble mixture evenly over the top. Top with the rest of the batter in dollops. Spread carefully to evenly distribute, trying not to disturb the crumbs. Top with the rest of the crumb mixture. Press crumbs into the batter very gently.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven until a toothpick or bamboo skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes, before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 630.9 calories, Carbohydrate 76 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Fat 34.1 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 9.6 g, SaturatedFat 13.1 g, Sodium 434.9 mg, Sugar 48.1 g
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter and flour 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Mix diced apples, sugar, butter and egg in large bowl to blend. Sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt over. Add chopped walnuts; mix thoroughly. Transfer mixture to prepared pan.
- Bake until cake is brown and crusty on top and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool cake in pan on rack.
CARAMEL APPLE COFFEE CAKE WITH WALNUTS
I created this recipe after a trip to an orchard with my family. This moist cake is full of hearty apples and nuts, while the caramel topping adds a delectable finish. -Sharon Cable, Dyersville, Iowa.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 10-in. fluted tube pan; dust with flour, tapping out extra., In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Stir in apples., Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely., In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, milk and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand to thicken slightly. Spoon slowly over cake. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 41mg cholesterol, Sodium 268mg sodium, Carbohydrate 46g carbohydrate (27g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
APPLE-NUT COFFEE CAKE
"My great-grandmother created this recipe, and it has been passed down through our family," shares Cyndi Martin of Montgomery, Illinois. Cinnamon nicely spices the moist snack cake that's made with tart apples, crunchy nuts and other everyday ingredients.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in apples and walnuts. Transfer to an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298 calories, Fat 15g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 51mg cholesterol, Sodium 268mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (25g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
APPLE WALNUT OATMEAL COFFEE CAKE
- Heat oven to 350*. Spray 9" square baking pan with cooking spray. Place oats on baking sheet; bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool.
- Process oats in food processor until very finely ground. Whisk oats, all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1 tsp of cinnamon, allspice and salt in large bowl.
- Beat brown sugar, eggs and oil in large bowl until blended. Beat in buttermilk and molasses until combined. Stir into dry ingredients until just blended. Stir in apples, 1/2 cup of walnuts and raisins. Spoon batter into pan. Combine remaining 1/2 cup walnuts, raw sugar and remaining 1 tsp cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369.4, Fat 17.3, SaturatedFat 1.8, Cholesterol 36.3, Sodium 295.3, Carbohydrate 49.7, Fiber 3.7, Sugar 24.9, Protein 7.2
APPLE WALNUT COFFEE CAKE
This is a moist cake and may be topped with ice cream. Could be served as a breakfast bread without the ice cream.
Provided by carole in orlando
Yield 1 coffee cake, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Soak apple pieces in pure apple juice for one hour.
- In large mixing bowl add first six ingredients and mix at low/med speed in mixer.
- Add next three ingredients and mix well.
- Add nuts and mix well, add apple pieces (no juice should be drained) and mix until apple pieces are even distributed.
- Pour into 8x8 cake pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Until middle of cake is firm to touch.
- After taking cake from oven and while still hot pour glaze of sugar, melted butter and apple juice that has been well blended over the cake.
- I used a fork to poke holes evenly over the top of the cake.
- Set cake on rack to cool.
More about "apple walnut coffee cake recipes"
WALNUT AND APPLE COFFEE CAKE - ELLA CLAIRE & CO.
Reviews 17Category Breakfast, DessertCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate mixing bowl, lightly mix together oil, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Do not over-stir. Fold in chopped apples. Pour into a greased 8×8 pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the topping ingredients until combined. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter in the pan. Using a wooden spoon, lightly press most of the topping about halfway down into the batter. Leave a little on top as well.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean. (note: double the recipe and bake for 50 minutes for the bundt)
APPLE-WALNUT COFFEE CAKE - DELICIOUS LIVING
Servings 16Calories 239 per servingEstimated Reading Time 1 min
APPLE WALNUT COFFEE CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
APPLE WALNUT COFFEE CAKE | MY IMPERFECT KITCHEN
APPLE-WALNUT MOSAIC COFFEE CAKE | COOKSTR.COM
MAPLE WALNUT COFFEE CAKE - CALIFORNIA WALNUTS
APPLE BUTTER WALNUT COFFEE CAKE RECIPE - 3 BOYS AND A …
WALNUT APPLE COFFEE CAKE RECIPE - DESSERTS - S.
PALEO APPLE WALNUT COFFEE CAKE - WHOLESOMELICIOUS
APPLE NUT COFFEE CAKE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
APPLE WALNUT YOGURT COFFEE CAKE
FALL APPLE WALNUT CAKE - A SPRINKLE AND A SPLASH
EASY APPLE AND WALNUT COFFEE CAKE RECIPE - VIET …
APPLE WALNUT CAKE | FAMILY RECIPE | DISHES DELISH
APPLE BLUEBERRY WALNUT COFFEE CAKE - PINK CAKE PLATE
10 BEST APPLE CINNAMON WALNUT CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CARAMEL APPLE AND WALNUT STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE - CREATIVE CULINARY
APPLE WALNUT COFFEE CAKE | NOW YOU'RE COOKING!
APPLE WALNUT COFFEE CAKE | YUMMY.PH
APPLE WALNUT COFFEE CAKE - NEW ENGLAND TODAY
EASY LOW-CARB APPLE-WALNUT COFFEE CAKE - THIS UNMILLENNIAL LIFE
APPLE-CINNAMON-WALNUT COFFEE CAKE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
CINNAMON APPLE AND WALNUT COFFEE CAKE - CONSUMER QUEEN
SUGAR-FREE APPLE WALNUT COFFEE CAKE | FLOUR ME WITH LOVE
APPLE WALNUT COFFEE CAKE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
APPLE COFFEE CAKE - THE SEASONED MOM
APPLE COFFEE CAKE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE IS A WONDERFUL AND EASY RECIPE - THE …
APPLE COFFEE CAKE (PALEO, GF, DF) - WITH VEGAN CARAMEL SAUCE
CINNAMON & APPLE COFFEE CAKE WITH WALNUT MAPLE STREUSEL
APPLE WALNUT COFFEE CAKE - GRUMPY'S HONEYBUNCH
CLASSIC SPICED APPLE WALNUT BUTTERMILK COFFEE CAKE - R’OCK-TOBER …
APPLE COFFEE CAKE (CLASSIC APPLE DAPPLE) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
BEST APPLESAUCE COFFEE CAKE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
APPLE WALNUT COFFEE CAKE | CHARLOTTE HUBBARD
APPLE PIE COFFEE CAKE - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
APPLE WALNUT CAKE - LUCKY LEAF
SUPER MOIST APPLE WALNUT CAKE - GARLIC & ZEST
APPLE WALNUT COFFEE CAKE RECIPE VIDEO - IFOOD.TV
APPLE WALNUT COFFEE CAKE - TODAY'S PARENT
APPLE WALNUT COFFEE CAKE #SUNDAYSUPPER - THE GIRL IN THE LITTLE …
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #breads #breakfast #fruit #oven #coffee-cakes #dietary #apples #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make apple cake with walnuts?Mix diced apples, sugar, butter and egg in large bowl to blend. Sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt over. Add chopped walnuts; mix thoroughly. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Bake until cake is brown and crusty on top and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool cake in pan on rack.
How to make apple coffee cake?Directions Make the apple coffee cake 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). 2. Generously butter and flour a 10-inch (25-cm) Bundt pan. 3. Place the apples in a large bowl and toss with the lemon juice and the 1 teaspoon (3 grams) cinnamon. 4. In a large bowl, beat the granulated sugar and butter until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
What is the best apple cake recipe?Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in bowl. Stir in oil, egg, milk and apples. Mix well. Put in pan. Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon all in bowl. Sprinkle over batter. Drizzle butter over topping.
How do you make apple and Walnut Bread?Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter and flour 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Mix diced apples, sugar, butter and egg in large bowl to blend. Sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt over. Add chopped walnuts; mix thoroughly. Transfer mixture to prepared pan.