SOUR CREAM APRICOT SCONES
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add the butter; rub with fingers until mix resembles coarse meal.
- Make well in center; add sour cream and vanilla to the well.
- With a fork, stir sour cream mix into dry until dough forms.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface; sprinkle the apricots over.
- Knead dough until apricots are incorporated; flatten dough into 8-inch round and then cut into 8 wedges.
- Transfer to baking sheet. Brush with the egg and sprinkle with a bit of brown sugar.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
APRICOT SOUR CREAM SCONES RECIPE - (4.2/5)
Provided by jjadin
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Add butter; rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Make well in center of mixture. Add sour cream and vanilla to well. Using fork, stir sour cream mixture into dry mixture until dough forms. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Sprinkle apricots over. Knead dough until apricots are incorporated, about 10 turns. Flatten dough into 8-inch round. Cut into 8 wedges. Transfer wedges to baking sheet. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
APRICOT-SOUR CREAM SCONES
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Add butter; rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Make well in center of mixture. Add sour cream and vanilla to well. Using fork, stir sour cream mixture into dry mixture until dough forms. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Sprinkle apricots over. Knead dough until apricots are incorporated, about 10 turns. Flatten dough into 8-inch round. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Transfer wedges to baking sheet. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
DRIED APRICOT SCONES
Provided by Food Network
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 425degrees. Use an ungreased baking sheet. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a bowl, stirring with a fork to mix well. Add the dried fruit. Still using a fork, stir in the cream and mix until the dough holds together in a rough mass (the dough will be quite sticky). Lightly flour a board and transfer the dough to it. Knead the dough 8 or 9 times. Pat into a circle about 10 inches round. For the glaze, spread the butter over the top and side of the circle of dough and sprinkle sugar on top. Cut circle into 12 wedges and place each piece on the baking sheet, allowing 1-inch between pieces. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.;\
Make a sweet apricot treat anytime! With this easy recipe, you'll have hot, delicious scones ready in minutes.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 425°F. Grease cookie sheet. Mix Bisquick, apricots, 3 tablespoons sugar, the whipping cream and egg until soft dough forms. Turn dough onto surface dusted with Bisquick; roll in Bisquick to coat. Shape into ball; knead 10 times.
- Pat dough into 8-inch circle on cookie sheet (if dough is sticky, dip fingers into Bisquick). Brush dough with milk; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar. Cut into 8 wedges but do not separate.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown; carefully seperate wedges. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200, Carbohydrate 30 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 440 mg
APRICOT-ORANGE CREAM SCONES
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease cookie sheet. In large bowl, mix flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, orange peel and salt until well blended. Stir in apricots and baking chips. Add whipping cream all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough 6 or 7 times until smooth. Divide dough in half. Pat each half into 6-inch round; cut each into 6 wedges. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix powdered sugar and enough orange juice for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle icing over warm scones. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Carbohydrate 40 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Scone, Sodium 250 mg, Sugar 23 g, TransFat 0 g
GOLDEN APRICOT SCONES
Besides farming and raising cattle, our family has a home bakery that serves area restaurants and health food stores. We dry lots of local fruit for use in recipes, like these moist golden scones that are so popular with our customers.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 scones.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. In a small bowl, beat eggs; set aside 1 tablespoon for glaze. In another bowl, combine sour cream, milk and remaining beaten eggs; add apricots. Stir into crumb mixture until the dough clings together., Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 12-15 times. Divide dough in half. Pat one portion into a 7-in. circle on a greased baking sheet. Combine the brown sugar, oats and butter; sprinkle over dough. Roll out remaining dough into a 7-in. circle; place over filling. , Brush with reserved egg; sprinkle with additional sugar. Cut into wedges but do not separate. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until scones are golden brown. Cool slightly; cut again if necessary. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 395 calories, Fat 16g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 110mg cholesterol, Sodium 429mg sodium, Carbohydrate 55g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
Popular served with tea in Victorian days, scones are making a big comeback. Apricots and nuts are stirred into the batter in this recipe I baked for the theme shower. Spread with Devonshire cream, they delighted the bride-to-be and guests. -Robin Fuhrman, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 scones (1 cup cream).
Number Of Ingredients 16
- For Devonshire cream, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat in enough cream to achieve a spreading consistency. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. , For scones, combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add the apricots, pecans and orange zest. With a fork, rapidly stir in 1 cup whipping cream just until moistened. , Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Divide in half; shape each into a ball. Flatten each ball into a 6-in. circle; cut each circle into eight wedges. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining whipping cream., Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm with Devonshire cream and jam.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230 calories, Fat 16g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 44mg cholesterol, Sodium 177mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
APRICOT CREAM CHEESE SCONES
The cooling weather always puts me in the mood to bake, and this is on my list of things to try. I'm drooling already!
Provided by Pinay0618
Yield 18 scones, 18 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the cream cheese and butter, using your fingers, a pastry blender, fork, or a mixer, until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal, then stir in the apricots. In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, vanilla and milk.
- Combine the liquid and dry ingredients and stir until the dough becomes cohesive. Don't mix and mix and mix; the more you work with the dough, the tougher it'll get.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface, and fold it over several times, until it holds together. Pat the dough into a 3/4-inch thick rectangle.
- Cut scones with a round cutter, gathering the scraps and re-rolling the dough. Or simply cut the dough into squares or diamonds. Brush the tops lightly with milk and sprinkle with sparkling white or pearl sugar.
- Place scones about 2 inches apart on an ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake them in a preheated 425°F oven for 8 minutes. Turn the oven off, leave the door closed, and continue to bake for 8 more minutes, until the scones are a light, golden brown. Serve hot, with clotted cream and jam or raspberry curd.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218.2, Fat 10.2, SaturatedFat 6.2, Cholesterol 39.6, Sodium 195.4, Carbohydrate 28, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 9.6, Protein 4
More about "apricot sour cream scones recipes"
APRICOT AND SOUR CREAM SCONES - THE BOSSY KITCHEN
4.6/5 (5)Total Time 43 minsCategory DessertCalories 75 per serving
APRICOT SCONES RECIPE WITH SOUR CREAM | VINTAGE COOKING
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
APRICOT SOUR CREAM BREAD - KAREN'S KITCHEN STORIES
APRICOT CREAM CHEESE SCONES | PUNCHFORK
APRICOT OAT SCONES - BAKING BITES
APRICOT SCONES RECIPE | HORIZON ORGANIC
RECIPE: APRICOT AND SOUR CREAM SCONES - OTAGO DAILY TIMES ONLINE …
APRICOT CREAM CHEESE SCONES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
APRICOT SOUR CREAM SCONE MIX - KING ARTHUR BAKING COMPANY
THE AMAZING SOUR CREAM SCONE - STONEGABLE
MAKE THE BEST APRICOT BRANDY SOUR COCKTAIL RECIPE
RECIPE FOR APRICOT SCONES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
APRICOT–SOUR CREAM SCONES - TEATIME MAGAZINE
SOUR CREAM & APRICOT SCONES RECIPE - FARM AND DAIRY
DRIED APRICOT SCONES - VICTORIA MAGAZINE
APRICOT SOUR CREAM SCONES RECIPE - FRIENDSEAT
EASY SWEET APRICOT SCONES - BAKE THEN EAT
APRICOT-GINGER SCONES - KING ARTHUR BAKING
APRICOT SOUR CREAM SCONES RECIPE | RECIPE | SOUR CREAM SCONES, …
BUTTERMILK APRICOT SCONE RECIPE
APRICOT CREAM SCONES - TEATIME MAGAZINE
APRICOT & ALMOND SCONES | RECIPES | MOORLANDS EATER
APRICOT SOUR CREAM SCONES RECIPE
BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
APRICOT SCONES - INSPIRATION KITCHEN
WHITE CHOCOLATE APRICOT SCONES - A FAMILY FEAST®
APRICOT ORANGE SCONES RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
PEACH SOUR CREAM SCONES - THERESCIPES.INFO
APRICOT CREAM SCONES RECIPE - PINCH MY SALT
FRESH APRICOT SCONES WITH GINGER AND WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNKS
FRESH APRICOT SCONES - JULIA'S CUISINE
ORANGE APRICOT SCONES WITH ALMOND BUTTER RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
10 BEST SOUR CREAM SCONES RECIPES | YUMMLY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make scones with milk?Brush the tops lightly with milk and sprinkle with sparkling white or pearl sugar. Place the scones about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
What kind of flour do you use to make scones?We love the bright flavor and color of apricots in scones; cream cheese lends these added richness. We also love using our Pastry Flour Blend. Its lower protein content yields a final product that's more tender and delicate than that of a higher protein flour. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
How long to bake scones (and why)?Cut the dough into squares, wedges, or diamonds. Brush the tops lightly with milk and sprinkle with sparkling white or pearl sugar. Place the scones about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 18 minutes, until the tops are light golden brown. Serve hot, with clotted cream and jam or raspberry curd.
How do you make apricot cake with cream cheese?Cut in the cream cheese and butter, using a pastry blender, fork, a mixer, or your fingers, until the chunks of butter are the size of peas. Stir in the apricots. In a separate container, whisk together the egg, vanilla and milk.