SOUR CREAM BANANA CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350°F Combine butter and 1 cup sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Stir in bananas, vanilla and sour cream.
- Sift flour and next 3 ingredients together in a bowl. Fold into butter mixture until just blended.
- Combine nuts, cinnamon and remaining granulated sugar in another bowl. Sprinkle half of nut mixture into a buttered and floured tube or bundt pan. Add half the batter. Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture and cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until a tester comes out clean when inserted in center. Invert pan and cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370.1, Fat 16.5, SaturatedFat 7.9, Cholesterol 67.6, Sodium 246.1, Carbohydrate 52, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 30.4, Protein 5.2
OLD-FASHIONED BANANA CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 by 2-inch round cake pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the bananas, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on low speed until combined. With the mixer still on low, add the oil, eggs, sour cream, vanilla, and orange zest. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Stir in the chopped walnuts, if using. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, turn out onto a cooling rack, and cool completely.
- Spread the frosting thickly on the top of the cake and decorate with walnut halves, if using.
- Mix the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on low speed until just combined. Don't whip! Add the sugar and mix until smooth.
BANANA SOUR CREAM BREAD
I know, you're probably thinking, 'Oh no! Another banana bread recipe!' But this one is a little different: the sour cream makes this one so moist it melts in your mouth. The flavor is just wonderful! This one is great for gift giving and holidays. Loaves freeze well.
Provided by Esther Nelson
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease four 7x3 inch loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262.7 calories, Carbohydrate 40.1 g, Cholesterol 35.1 mg, Fat 10.4 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 199.8 mg, Sugar 23.2 g
BANANA-SOUR CREAM CAKE
Try our Banana-Sour Cream Cake. This sour cream cake made with mashed bananas and cream cheese frosting is flavorful, easy and a serious crowd-pleaser.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat first 5 ingredients with mixer on low speed just until moistened, stopping frequently to scrape bottom and side of bowl. Beat on medium speed 2 min. Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually add sugar, mixing well after each addition.
- Remove cake from pan. Carefully cut cake crosswise in half using serrated knife. Place 1 cake half, top side down, on plate; spread with some of the frosting. Top with remaining cake half, top side up. Spread top and sides with remaining frosting. Press nuts into sides.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 440, Fat 23 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 310 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 4 g
SOUR CREAM BANANA COFFEE CAKE
This is the best way I've found to use up ripe bananas.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, cream butter and 6 tablespoons sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in banana and sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Combine the walnuts, cinnamon and remaining sugar., Spoon half of batter into a greased 6-cup fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with nut mixture; top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts :
SOUR CREAM BANANA CAKE
- Cream brown sugar and 1 cup butter, add eggs 1 at a time; beat well. Add mashed bananas and flour and salt, baking soda along with 1 cup sour cream . Add vanilla and nuts last.
- Pour batter into 3 - 9 inch pans or a 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven until cake tests done with a tooth pick, about 30 to 40 minutes for the 9 inch round cakes or about 40 to 50 minutes for the 13 x 9 inch cake..
- To make Frosting: Mix 1/2 cup of butter or margarine, 4 cups of confectioners' sugar and 1/4 cup sour cream (more if needed). Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and beat until fluffy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188.5 calories, Carbohydrate 27.7 g, Cholesterol 29.7 mg, Fat 8.1 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 75.8 mg, Sugar 17.8 g
BANANAS 'N' CREAM TUBE PAN CAKE
This absolutely scrumptious banana Bundt cake needs no icing...just a dusting of confectioners' sugar. Even though the recipe has been a family secret for years, I'm delighted to share it with my fellow home cooks. -Oma Rollison, El Cajon, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add bananas and mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, stirring just until combined. Stir in walnuts. , Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244 calories, Fat 11g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 36mg cholesterol, Sodium 126mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
BANANA CAKE WITH SOUR CREAM FROSTING
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter and flour 13 x 9 x 2-inch metal baking pan. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Using electric mixer, beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in large bowl until blended. Add eggs and beat until fluffy. Mix in 3/4 cup sour cream, bananas and lemon juice. Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and beat until well blended. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake cake until top is golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool completely on rack. (Can be prepared 2 weeks ahead. Cover cake and freeze. Thaw before continuing.)
- Beat remaining 1/2 cup sour cream, powdered sugar and cream cheese in large bowl until well blended. Spread frosting over cooled cake.
TENDER SOUR CREAM BANANA CAKE
This cake has been in my family for as long as I can remember! Very moist and fluffy cake. Great as a snack for the family or for a small gathering. I have received so many compliments on this cake! Use your imagination. It doesn't need to be topped with any icing, or can handle it if you do.
Provided by Cristin
Yield 1 9x9 inch pan
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan.
- Dissolve baking soda in the sour cream.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add sour cream/baking soda mixture, mashed bananas and vanilla stir to combine.
- Add cake flour and mix well.
- Pour batter into a 9x9 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2940.8, Fat 116.3, SaturatedFat 69.3, Cholesterol 692.3, Sodium 2088.8, Carbohydrate 448.4, Fiber 7.4, Sugar 270.2, Protein 33.9
More about "banana sour cream cake recipes"
EASY BANANA CAKE WITH SOUR CREAM - CHEERFUL COOK
5/5 (1)Total Time 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 455 per serving
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350º Fahrenheit until golden brown on top.
- To make the cream cheese frosting combine cream cheese and ½ cup sour cream in a medium bowl. Sift the powdered sugar into the bowl and beat with an electric mixer until well blended.
SOUR CREAM BANANA CAKE - THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE
Reviews 40Calories 512 per servingCategory Cakes
SOUR CREAM BANANA CAKE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
BANANA SOUR CREAM CAKE - THECRAFTINGCHICKS.COM
EASY BANANA CAKE RECIPE (W/ CREAM CHEESE FROSTING)
SOUR CREAM BANANA CAKE/BREAD - JEN SCHMIDT
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM BANANA CAKE - SOMETHING …
THE BEST BANANA CAKE I'VE EVER HAD - SALLY'S BAKING …
BANANA SOUR CREAM CAKE RECIPE - MINDFOOD
THE BEST SHEET PAN BANANA CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE …
SIMPLE BANANA SHEET CAKE RECIPE - BAKER BY NATURE
MRS. KAHN’S BANANA SOUR CREAM CAKE – A MID-CENTURY …
BANANA CAKE WITH SOUR CREAM - THE IDEA ROOM
BANANA SOUR CREAM CAKE RECIPE - RECIPES BOOK
SOUR CREAM BANANA SNACK CAKE - PINK CAKE PLATE
BANANA CAKE - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
BANANA-SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE BANANA CAKE - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
1,601 CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPES - PAGE 89
BANANA-SOUR CREAM CAKE - MY FOOD AND FAMILY RECIPES
EASY BANANA CAKE RECIPE - MONDAY IS MEATLOAF
BANANA CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING | A MIND "FULL" MOM
SOUR-CREAM BANANA COFFEE CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SOUR CREAM BANANA COFFEE CAKE - BAKE OR BREAK
BANANA SOUR CREAM CAKE W/ CREAM CHEESE GLAZE
THE BEST BANANA CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - OH SWEET BASIL
BANANA BUNDT CAKE - SOUR CREAM SECRET! - MOM FOODIE
RECIPES ON CAKE CENTRAL
BANANA SOUR CREAM CAKE - AOL.COM
BANANA SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE - GRIT
AMAZINGLY EASY BANANA CAKE RECIPE WITH CAKE MIX
SOUR CREAM BANANA CAKE RECIPE - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
BANANA AND SOUR CREAM CAKE — EVERYDAY GOURMET
SOUR CREAM BANANA BUNDT CAKE - THE SOUTHERN …
BANANA BREAD RECIPES INA GARTEN
SIMPLE BANANA CAKE WITH SOUR CREAM FROSTING - REAL MOM KITCHEN
BANANA CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
EASY SOUR CREAM BANANA BREAD RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #desserts #fruit #oven #cakes #dietary #equipment #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love