BEET, RED ONION AND HORSERADISH RELISH
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap beets in double thickness of foil. Roast beets on oven rack until tender, about 1 hour 45 minutes. Unwrap beets and cool.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended. Mix in onion and horseradish.
- Peel beets; cut into 1/3-inch dice. Add to onion mixture. Cover; chill 1 to 4 days.
FRESH BEET HORSERADISH
- Scrub beets; trim stems to 1/2 inch. Place beets in a medium saucepan; add water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium high; cook at a gentle boil until beets are tender when pierced with a small, sharp knife, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and set beets aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, grate horseradish on small holes of a box grater. Place in a small bowl; stir in vinegar, salt, and sugar.
- Peel beets; grate on small holes of box grater. Add to horseradish mixture; stir well to combine. Keep covered to preserve flavor, and refrigerate until needed.
"I LIKE to serve beet relish with corned beef and cabbage. The relish provides an interesting combination of flavors, and it is best made several days ahead. It's a very colorful addition to the table."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend well. Chill thoroughly.
Nutrition Facts :
RED HAZERET -- HORSERADISH-BEET RELISH
Horseradish relish is traditionally served at Passover with matzoh, but it can be used at any time of the year as with any relish, on burgers or hot dogs, but it is really best with beef. Try mixing it into mayonnaise [pink!] and have it on roast beef sandwiches. Or just grab a spoon - it is great all by itself.. This recipe makes something like three cups of relish. Cooking time is also approximate and refrigeration time is not included in preparation time. Recipe courtesy of Food Wanderings.
Provided by Molly53
Yield 32 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Whirl the peeled horseradish in a food processor or grate it on your grater; set to the side.
- Cover the beets with water, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, for about 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain and let cool.
- Peel the beets, quarter and add to the food processor.
- Whirl until a desired consistency is reached.
- Add to the horseradish; stir well.
- Add sugar, salt and vinegar according to taste.
- Check for taste after two days; relish develops best flavor after about a week.
- Keep covered in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 15.6, Sodium 48.1, Carbohydrate 3.5, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 2.1, Protein 0.4
FRESH RED HORSERADISH SAUCE
This sauce comes out bright with a bite, thanks to sweet steamed beets and fiery fresh horseradish root. Dab it on to favorites like corned beef, roasted salmon, or even these cheesy scalloped potatoes. To make a white horseradish sauce, simply omit the beet from the recipe.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Pulse horseradish in a food processor until finely ground. Add beet, sugar, salt, and vinegar; pulse to combine. Sauce will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
HORSERADISH WITH RED BEETS
A fantastic recipe to use with meat dishes, shrimp cocktails, cooked potatoes and on crackers as an appetizer. This recipe was passed on to me by my Russian Grandmother and it has remained the same without any changes for the last 100 plus years.
Provided by William Uncle Bill
Yield 5-6 cups
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cook scrubbed beets with skins until tender.
- When done, immerse in cold water immediately.
- Let cool slightly, peel and discard skins.
- Shred beets with a medium coarse grater and set aside.
- Scrape horseradish root well to remove any blemishes.
- Cut root into small pieces.
- Measure 1 1/2 cups of vinegar and 1 cup of cold water.
- Add horseradish to blender (a few pieces at a time), cover and process, adding vinegar/water mixture as required until horseradish is well blended; continue to process remainder of horseradish root.
- If necessary, add more vinegar and water in equal amounts so that the horseradish is well chopped and blended.
- In a mixing bowl, add grated beets, sugar, the remainder 3/4 cup of white vinegar and 1 cup of processed horseradish; mix well.
- Add sugar and salt and mix well to incorporate.
- If desired, add more horseradish to suit your taste, also adust seasonings to taste.
- Store any remaining horseradish in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid in the refrigerator.
- Store the jar upside down so that no air gets into the jar, lasts much longer.
ROASTED BEET, RED ONION AND CRANBERRY RELISH
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Wrap beets in double thickness of aluminum foil. Cut onions through root end into 3/4-inch-thick wedges. Place onion wedges in medium bowl; toss with oil. Arrange onion wedges, cut side down, on baking sheet. Place beets directly on oven rack. Roast beets until tender, about 1 hour 45 minutes and onions until brown and tender, turning once, about 1 hour. Peel beets; cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Chop onions coarsely.
- Using on/off turns, coarsely chop cranberries in processor. Add beets and onions; blend briefly to chunky consistency. Transfer to bowl; mix in honey, horseradish, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 day. (Can be made 4 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
KACHUMBARI (TOMATO AND ONION RELISH)
In his book, "Koshersoul," the food historian Michael W. Twitty explores the varied cuisines of the global Jewish diaspora. Kachumbari, the Swahili word that means "pickle," can be traced to Kenya and other East African countries where the tomato and onion mix is served as a salad or relish. This dish exemplifies a tradition of hospitality: Appetizers or snacks - salatim in Israel, kemia in North Africa and mezze in the Middle East - are offered to house guests. After tasting the small plates, the visitors then decide if they would like to stay and enjoy the main meal. This deeply flavored kachumbari can be served with nearly any fish or other protein-based dish, and can also be offered alongside plantains, or with hummus and pita.
Provided by Kayla Stewart
Categories salads and dressings, vegetables, side dish
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place the sliced tomatoes, onions, carrot and cucumber in a bowl. Squeeze lemon juice over the mixture and add the horseradish. Sprinkle with the red-pepper flakes and garam masala, then season with salt and pepper. Toss together to mix.
- Allow flavors to develop at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours, then serve as a relish or salad.
More about "beet red onion and horseradish relish recipes"
BEET, RED ONION & HORSERADISH RELISH RECIPE
Servings 4Total Time 5 hrs
BEET AND HORSERADISH RELISH | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
Category PreservingCalories 9 per serving
- Cook beets until tender. Run under cold water until cool enough to handle. Peel; grate finely. Combine grated beets and horseradish.
- To prepare pickling liquid, combine vinegar, sugar, salt and pickling spice in a non-reactive saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil 1 - 2 minutes. Remove spice bag. Combine beet mixture and pickling liquid in saucepan. Return quickly to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Spoon into hot sterilized jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles with a narrow rubber spatula or plastic knife. Add additional relish, if required, to maintain headspace. Wipe jar rims thoroughly with a clean damp cloth. Seal and process in Alberta for 25 minutes in a boiling water bath.
BEET HORSERADISH RELISH - INGREDIENTS FOR A FABULOUS LIFE
Cuisine KosherTotal Time 2 hrs 25 minsCategory CondimentsCalories 97 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place beets on large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Coat beets lightly with oil. Wrap up foil and place oven. Cook for 75 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven, open foil and let cool for 5 minutes.
- When beets are cool enough to handle, slide off the peels, and trim off stem end. Cut beets into small cubes and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, horseradish and honey. Whisk to blend well. Add beets and onion, stirring to combine.
BEET RELISH - TANGY CONDIMENT - COOKTHESTORY
UKRAINIAN BEETROOT RELISH | OLYA – THE RELUCTANT COOK
RED BEET HORSERADISH UKRAINIAN RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOMEMADE BEETROOT RELISH RECIPE - IT'S A VEG WORLD AFTER ALL®
BEET-HORSERADISH RELISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PICKLED RED BEETS WITH HORSERADISH - HANIELA'S | RECIPES, COOKIE
HOMEMADE HORSERADISH AND ROASTED BEETROOT RELISH
RECIPE: BEET SALAD WITH HORSERADISH CREAM AND FRIZZLED SWEET …
BEET AND HORSERADISH RELISH - KUHLMANN'S GREENHOUSE GARDEN …
FROM UKRAINE: BEET-HORSERADISH RELISH - A GARDENER'S TABLE
BEET RELISH WITH HORSERADISH – SBCANNING.COM – HOMEMADE …
SAUTéED BEETS WITH RED ONIONS - RICARDO
HORSERADISH PICKLED BEETS - FIERY FOODS & BARBECUE CENTRAL
HORSERADISH RELISH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEET RELISH RECIPE WITH HORSERADISH AND CABBAGE
BEET, RED ONION AND HORSERADISH RELISH - BIGOVEN.COM
POLISH BEET AND HORSERADISH RELISH (ĆWIKłA) - KIELBASA STORIES
CANNING BEET RELISH WITH HORSERADISH
ROASTED BEET & HORSERADISH RELISH RECIPE | EATINGWELL
RED CABBAGE AND BEET RELISH - HEALTHY CANNING
OLD-FASHIONED BEET RELISH RECIPE - A HUNDRED YEARS AGO
BEET AND HORSERADISH RELISH - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
TSVIKLI (BEET-AND-HORSERADISH RELISH) RECIPE- CHEF'S PENCIL
HOMEMADE ĆWIKłA: BEET HORSERADISH | POLONIST
CWIKLA (RED BEET HORSERADISH) - A COALCRACKER IN THE KITCHEN
ROASTED SWEET BEET RELISH - RIVER COTTAGE
HORSERADISH AND BEETS RELISH | RECIPE - ENJOYYOURCOOKING
HOW TO MAKE BEETROOT AND HORSERADISH RELISH - YOUTUBE
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
POLISH CWIKLA (GRATED HORSERADISH WITH BEETS) RECIPE
BEET RELISH RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | BEET RELISH, BEET RELISH ...
FERMENTED BEETS AND HORSERADISH RELISH - MEATS AND SAUSAGES
POLISH HORSERADISH BEETS (ĆWIKłA Z CHRZANEM) - EVERYDAY HEALTHY …
BEET HORSERADISH - THE SOPHISTICATED CAVEMAN
You'll also love