THE ULTIMATE BERRY CRUMBLE
I don't tack the word ultimate onto just any recipe. This berry well may be my favorite summer dessert, with the perfect balance of sweet and tart, tender and crisp, fruit and crumble. Some ice cream on the side is highly recommended.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Grate in the frozen butter, stopping occasionally to toss the butter into the flour mixture until coated. Drizzle in vanilla extract; add egg yolks. Stir with a fork until egg is mostly absorbed. Add vinegar; mix briefly. Use your hands to finish mixing, squeezing until clumps but mixture remains mostly dry. Add 1 teaspoon vinegar if needed.
- Combine blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries in another bowl. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch. Sprinkle in cayenne pepper. Mix until sugar and cornstarch are mostly dissolved.
- Place about 1/2 of the crumble mixture into the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish. Press mixture down using a flat cup until well compacted. Spread the berries over the crust. Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture on top, squeezing some of it into clumps.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is beautifully browned and berry syrup bubbles on the surface, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 415.7 calories, Carbohydrate 58.2 g, Cholesterol 97 mg, Fat 18.9 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 11.4 g, Sodium 123.9 mg, Sugar 30.7 g
BERRY AND PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Combine cake mix, butter, 1/4 cup sugar, oats and cinnamon in large bowl. Rub together with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal and holds together in large moist clumps. Mix in pecans. Mix frozen blueberries, pineapple with syrup and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in prepared dish. Cover fruit with cake-mix topping.
- Bake crumble until fruit is bubbling thickly and topping is brown and crisp, about 1 hour. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve with ice cream.
When I saw this recipe in Appeal magazine, I knew that I had to try it. I love trying things that are "just a bit different". I served this warm with some vanilla ice cream. My DH said that it reminded him of Hawaii!!! This could be made easier by using 3 cans of pineapple chunks with their own juice
Provided by Abby Girl
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Weight the diced pineapple and reserve 1 lb for the crumble. Process enough of the remaining pineapple, including the chopped core, in a food processor or juicer to obtain 1/4 cup juice, saving remaining juice for another use.
- Heat butter in a large saucepan and add the reserved 1 lb pineapple, 3 T of the sugar and vanilla. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Place the reserved 1/4 cup pineapple juice, remaining 1 T sugar, lemon juice, rum and cornstarch mixture in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and clears. Add juice mixture to cooked pineapple and stir well to mix.
- To make crumble topping: Combine flour, sugar, vanilla and butter in a food processor. Pulse until mixture resembles bread crumbs; do not over mix.
- Preheat oven to 350. Transfer cooked pineapple mixture into a large dish. Sprinkle with the crumb topping and bake until golden brown, about 30 - 40 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Combine blueberries, pineapple chunks with juice, and 1 1/2 teaspoons flour in a saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Spread mixture into an 8-inch baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine 1 cup flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt together in a bowl; mix in butter until topping is crumbly. Sprinkle topping over blueberry mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is lightly browned, 30 to 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344.6 calories, Carbohydrate 64.7 g, Cholesterol 20.3 mg, Fat 8.8 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 4.3 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 283.5 mg, Sugar 38.1 g
Strap on your seatbelt and get in gear for this blast-from-the-past dessert. Succulent fruit covered with a cinnamon crumb topping and brown sugar-pineapple sauce is comfort food at its best.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix all filling ingredients except pineapple and blueberries with spoon until well blended. Fold in pineapple and blueberries. Spread in ungreased 8-inch square pan.
- In small bowl, mix all topping ingredients except butter. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until particles resemble fine crumbs. Sprinkle over blueberry mixture.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, mix brown sugar and cornstarch. Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to measure 2/3 cup; stir into brown sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice. Serve over warm dessert.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360, Carbohydrate 52 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 230 mg
MIXED BERRY AND APPLE CRUMBLE-NO SUGAR, NO FLOUR
In an effort to make a dessert that my parents could have on their no sugar, no flour diet, I came up with this. Thanks to Ladypit for the idea of using pineapple and banana for added sweetness. My recipe will make a lot of crumble topping because that's how my family likes it. You can adjust quantities as you see fit.
Provided by LeeDelaino
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Separated pineapple juice from chunks and in a food processor, puree the pineapple chunks and banana.
- In a small sauce pan, reduce the pineapple juice to a syrupy consistency.
- Combine the pureed fruit, pineapple syrup, frozen berries, apple, and applesauce in a large sauce pan and bring to a low boil.
- Allow to cook until the apple are soft and the juices of the fruit have thickened.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground almond, chopped nuts, oats, cinnamon, and salt, if using.
- In a small sauce pan combine honey and butter and heat till well melted.
- Pour butter and honey mixture into the dry ingredients a stir to combine.
- Pour fruit mixture into a greased 9 x 13 casserole pan and top with crumble.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the fruit mixture is bubbling at the edges and the topping is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 422, Fat 27.1, SaturatedFat 8.8, Cholesterol 30.5, Sodium 84.3, Carbohydrate 42.6, Fiber 6.5, Sugar 20.8, Protein 8
I tried this sweet and crunchy casserole out on my 80-year-old parents and they loved it! Butternut squash now has a place at our holiday table year after year. -Barbara Busch, Henrico, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place squash in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, until tender, 15-20. Drain; cool slightly. Process in a food processor until slightly chunky. Add pineapple, cream cheese, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg; process until smooth. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square dish., For topping, combine crushed cookies, butter and sugar; sprinkle over squash mixture. Top with almonds. Bake, uncovered, until edges are lightly browned, 35-40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 521 calories, Fat 31g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 54mg cholesterol, Sodium 445mg sodium, Carbohydrate 59g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 11g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
More about "berry and pineapple crumble recipes"
KITCHEN SIMMER: BLUEBERRY-PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE | BLUEBERRY, FOOD, …
COMMUNITY RECIPE: PINEAPPLE BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE - SORTED FOOD
STRAWBERRY PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE BARS - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA …
MASTER GLUTEN FREE CRUMBLE RECIPE | FOR BERRIES OR STONE FRUITS
THE BEST APPLE AND BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE (APPLE BLUEBERRY CRISP)
RHUBARB CRUMBLE RECIPE - $5000 PRIZE WINNER - AMANDA'S COOKIN'
APPLE AND BERRY CRUMBLE | DESSERT RECIPE | TESCO REAL FOOD
CRISPY PINEAPPLE BERRY CRUMBLE | BEB'S RECIPE DRAWER
BERRY & PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE – NANA'S RECIPES
10 BEST PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BERRY AND PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BERRY CRUMBLE WITH PINEAPPLE COMPOTE BY CHEF MOHAN RAWAT IS …
BLUEBERRY-PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE | BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE, YUMMY FOOD, …
FRESH PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE - TASTE OF BEIRUT
OUR BEST BERRY CRUMBLES, COBBLERS AND CRISPS | TASTE OF HOME
PINEAPPLE BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE | BLUEBERRY DUMP CAKES, BLUEBERRY …
BERRY AND PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
BERRY AND PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BLUEBERRY PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
KITCHEN SIMMER: BLUEBERRY-PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE | BLUEBERRY, FOOD, …
BERRY AND PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
THE MOST SCRUMPTIOUS CRUMBLE RECIPES FOR WHEN YOU WANT …
PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE THAT IS SO EASY A CHILD CAN MAKE IT
HOMEMADE PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE – TASTY PASTRIES
PINEAPPLE BLUEBERRY COBBLER - ACROSS THE BLVD
FRESH BLUEBERRY-PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE AT THE BLISSFUL CHEF
PINEAPPLE BLUEBERRY DUMP CAKE AND THE JOYS OF SMALL TOWN LIFE
EASY PINEAPPLE CRUMB CAKE - THE COUNTRY COOK
EASY TRIPLE BERRY CRUMBLE | WITH FROZEN BERRIES! - TASTES LOVELY
PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE BAR RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE WITH CINNAMON AND COCONUT - LITTLE SUGAR SNAPS
PINEAPPLE BLUEBERRY CRISP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BLUEBERRY AND PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE TART | SO DELICIOUS
PINEAPPLE AND MANGO CRUMBLE - PLANT FOOD FEDERATION
HOW TO MAKE EASY APPLE BERRY FRUIT CRISP - THE BUSY BAKER
BLUEBERRY PINEAPPLE COBBLER RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
THE PINEAPPLE BERRY BRAMBLE RECIPE | VINEPAIR
APPLE, RAISIN AND PINEAPPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
You'll also love