BLACK BEAN AND WILD RICE SALAD
I love this cold salad as a light lunch or dinner, or as a side dish in the summer or fall. The orange and herb vinaigrette is really delicious! Dried cherries are a tasty substitution for the dried cranberries. And pecans work well if you don't have cashews.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by SeattleFarmersMarketGirl
Number Of Ingredients: 14
- Toss the red onion, cilantro, black beans, wild rice, dried cranberries, and cashews together in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the orange juice, olive oil, tarragon vinegar, Dijon mustard, thyme, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl; pour over the rice mixture in the mixing bowl and toss to coat. Chill 30 minutes.
BLACK BEAN AND RICE SALAD
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, lemon juice, cilantro, basil, red pepper flakes, corn, and beans. Stir to combine the vegetables, then set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil at a medium-low heat. Add onions and saute until they are translucent. Add garlic and saute for another minute. Pour in rice and toss to coat. Add reserved liquid from the corn and beans, along with any additional liquid as directed on the rice box. Cook the rice to package specifications. Let the rice cool slightly.
- Combine the rice and vegetable mixture. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
MIXED BEAN & WILD RICE SALAD
Reach into your storecupboard for pulses and sweetcorn to form the base for this simple side with hot, sweet dressing
Recipe From bbcgoodfood.com
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Lunch, Side dish
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- Cook rice following pack instructions. Once cooked, rinse under cold water to cool down. Once cold combine in a bowl with the beans, sweetcorn, onion and red peppers.
- Mix the lime zest and juice, honey and chilli. Pour over the rice mixture and mix well, then season to taste. Stir through the coriander leaves just before serving.
BLACK BEAN AND WILD RICE SALAD
My daughter had a similar salad at her friends house and begged me to make it. Can use any dressing with it but does taste best with Poppyseed dressing. Has tons of fiber and great for a side dish or as a main dish.
Recipe From justapinch.com
Provided by donna suer
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 1. Prepare both the wild rice and white rice as directed on package. Cool and combine together. I quick cool by putting in the fridge after it cooks and while I'm dicing the vegetables.
- 2. While rice is cooling dice up all the vegetables.
- 3. Once the rice has cooled to touch (doesn't have to be cold) add all other ingredients. Mix well and serve with creamy poppyseed dressing.
WILD RICE AND BEAN SALAD
Nutty, chewy wild rice goes perfectly with creamy Northern beans, here blended together with celery and herbs and a simple vinaigrette.
Recipe From bettycrocker.com
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients; stir gently to combine.
- In small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until serving time.
SUMMER WILD RICE SALAD
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice and 2 teaspoons salt. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until rice is al dente and some grains have split, 45 to 50 minutes. Drain.
- Roast poblanos directly over a gas-stove burner or under a broiler, turning often with tongs, until charred on all sides. Place in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let stand for 15 minutes. Rub poblanos with a paper towel to remove skins. Cut a slit down the side of each poblano, and remove seeds. Cut into 1/2-inch dice.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring often, about 2 minutes. Add poblanos, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in corn, and cook for 3 minutes. Add wild rice and black beans, stirring to coat, and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer to a bowl. Cover, and refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour. Stir in scallions, cilantro, and lime juice.
BROWN AND WILD RICE SALAD
This wild rice salad, developed by the Light & Tasty Test Kitchen, is twice as nice since it stars both brown and wild rice! Tangy raspberry vinegar complements the nutty flavor of the rice, while dried cranberries provide unexpected bursts of sweetness.
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, onion, cranberries, pecans and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
BLACK AND WILD RICE SALAD WITH ROASTED SQUASH
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cook black rice and wild rice in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, 35-40 minutes; drain and rinse, shaking off as much water as possible. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet and let cool.
- Meanwhile, toss squash with 1/4 cup oil on another baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing once, until golden brown and tender, 20-25 minutes; let cool.
- Whisk vinegar, honey, and remaining 1/4 cup oil in a large bowl. Add black rice and wild rice, squash, scallions, pomegranate seeds, microgreens, and pistachios; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- DO AHEAD: Salad (without microgreens) can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
People also searched
More recipes about black bean and wild rice salad
Black Beans and Wild Rice Salad | Ricardo
Recipe From : ricardocuisine.com2008-11-18 · Ricardo's Recipe : Black Beans and Wild Rice Salad . Ingredients; Preparation; Ingredients. 1 cup (250 ml) wild rice; 5 cups (1.25 litres) salted water; 1 cup (250 ml) canned black beans… ...
Wild Rice and Black Bean Salad – Haylie Pomroy
Recipe From : hayliepomroy.com2015-09-01 · INGREDIENTS. ½ cup cooked wild rice. ½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed. ¼ cup sliced green onions (scallions), white and green parts. 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro. ¼ cup diced tomatoes. ½ cup steamed cauliflower, chopped. 2 … ... Show details
Black Beans Wild Rice Salad - Framed Recipes
Recipe From : framedrecipes.com2020-09-08 · Black beans Wild Rice Salad Recipe Notes. This is how I make it most of the days. I rinse and drain the black beans. (Sometimes way ahead of time.) I use a store bought ready-in-90-seconds (Microwaveable) Uncle Bens wild and brown rice. While the rice is getting ready in the microwave, chop the vegetables and make the salad … ...
10 Best Black Beans and Wild Rice Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.comBlack Bean and Wild Rice Salad AllRecipes ground cumin, black beans, salt and ground black pepper, orange juice and 10 more Wild Rice Bowl w/ Crunchy Sweet Potato Fries, Tempeh, Pickles, Arugula + Tahini Sauce spiceandsprout.com maple syrup, soy sauce, … ... Show details
wild rice and black beans Recipe | SparkRecipes
Recipe From : recipes.sparkpeople.comWhile the rice is cooking melt the spread in a medium skillet and add the shallot and diced pepper. Cook over low-medium heat gently for about 10 minutes until the shallots are softened. Remove from the heat. When the rice is cooked add it to the shallot and pepper mixture. Heat gently over medium heat and add the drained black beans. ... Show details
Wild Rice and Bean Salad Recipe (Gluten Free and Vegan)
Recipe From : lettucevegout.comCook the wild rice according to package directions. Rinse and drain the beans. Dice the vegetables and parsley. Mix together the lemon juice, lemon zest, vinegar, seasoning and oil to make the dressing. ... Show details
Three Bean Salad with Wild Rice - Well Plated by Erin
Recipe From : wellplated.com2015-08-24 · Instructions In a large mixing bowl, combine the rice, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, black beans, peas, bell pepper, jalapeno, red onion, and cilantro. In a small bowl, large measuring cup, or mason jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the olive oil, honey, lime zest, lime juice, and salt. Pour over the salad, then toss gently to combine. ... Show details
Black Bean and Rice Salad Recipe - The Spruce Eats
Recipe From : thespruceeats.comSteps to Make It In a serving bowl, combine the black beans with the cold cooked rice, green and red bell peppers, chopped tomato, and chopped green onion. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, Dijon mustard, sugar, cumin, and pepper. Add the dressing mixture to beans and rice and stir gently to blend ingredients. ... Show details
Black bean and wild rice salad recipe
Recipe From : crecipe.comGet one of our Black bean and wild rice salad recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! 61% Black Bean and Wild Rice Salad Allrecipes.com I love this cold salad as a light lunch or dinner, or as a side dish in the summer or fall. The oran... 20 Min; 8 Yield; Bookmark . 100% Mixed bean & wild rice salad Bbcgoodfood.com Reach into your ... ... Show details
Wild Rice Three Bean Salad - Mom On Timeout
Recipe From : momontimeout.com2019-05-25 · This Wild Rice Three Bean Salad is the perfect addition to your next barbecue, party, or cookout! This easy salad is made with three types of beans and topped with a simple, flavorful dressing that sets off all the delicious flavors in this versatile bean salad. We love serving this with some grilled chicken made with our 5-star rated ... Show details
Black-Bean and Yellow-Rice Salad Recipe - Quick from ...
Recipe From : foodandwine.comInstructions Checklist. Step 1. In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes ... ... Show details
Black Bean and Rice Salad with Spicy Lime Dressing Recipe ...
Recipe From : foodandwine.comMeanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, toss together the beans, cilantro, scallions, lime juice, olive oil, Sriracha, honey, salt and cumin until combined. Stir in the cooled rice and taste for... ... Show details
Black and Wild Rice Salad with Roasted Squash Recipe | Bon ...
Recipe From : bonappetit.com2013-12-17 · Preheat oven to 450°. Cook black rice and wild rice in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, 35–40 minutes; drain and rinse, shaking off as much water as possible. ... Show details
Summer Salad Recipes: Bean and Wild Rice Salad - Staying ...
Recipe From : stayingclosetohome.comWild Rice and Bean Salad is the perfect make-ahead salad for a crowd. Beans and wild rice. Print . Ingredients. 1 10-oz. pkg. f 2 cups cooked wild rice ; 1 15.8-oz. can great northern beans, drained, rinsed ; 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained, rinsed ; 1 4.5-oz. can Chopped Green Chiles ; 1/2 cup celery, 1 medium stalk. sliced ; 1/3 cup onion, chopped ; 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped ... ... Show details
Southwest Sweet Potato, Black Bean, Wild Rice Salad ...
Recipe From : reciperunner.comSouthwest Sweet Potato, Black Bean, Wild Rice Salad. Yield: 6 servings. Prep Time: 15 minutes. Cook Time: 40 minutes. Total Time: 55 minutes. Southwest Sweet Potato, Black Bean, Wild Rice Salad is a colorful and flavorful salad full of sweet potatoes, black beans, wild rice, corn, cilantro and a wonderful chili lime dressing. ... Show details
Black Rice Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe | Bon Appétit
Recipe From : bonappetit.com2013-04-04 · Preheat oven to 350°. Cook rice in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, 35-40 minutes. Drain well, spread out on a plate or a rimmed baking sheet, and let cool. Step 2 ... Show details
10 Best Black Rice Wild Rice Recipes | Yummly
Recipe From : yummly.com2021-07-08 · Black and Wild Rice Salad with Roasted Squash Epicurious honey, freshly ground black pepper, microgreens, wild rice, black rice and 7 more Wild Rice and Pork Soup Pork hot pepper sauce, chickpeas, garlic powder, oil, ground cumin and 7 more ... Show details
Wild Rice and Bean Salad with Peaches and Feta Recipe ...
Recipe From : eatingwell.comIn a medium bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, mint, and salt. Stir in half of the wild rice (reserve remaining rice for another use). Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours. Step 2 ... Show details
Rice and Black Bean Salad with Cumin Dressing Recipe ...
Recipe From : myrecipes.comDirections. Instructions Checklist. Step 1. To prepare rice, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add rice; cook 1 minute. Stir in turmeric and 1/2 teaspoon cumin. Add 3 1/3 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, … ... Show details