CORNBREAD WITH BROCCOLI AND CHEESE
Holly Cummings of Baytown, Texas writes, "I first made this recipe and took it to a church fellowship. One couple liked it so much they now call it "Holly Bread!"
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, combine cornbread mix and shredded cheese. In another bowl, beat the eggs, cottage cheese and onion mixture. Stir into cornbread mixture just until moistened. Fold in the broccoli, corn and jalapeno. , Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and edges pull away from sides of pan. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290 calories, Fat 20g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 135mg cholesterol, Sodium 497mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
BROCCOLI CORNBREAD WITH CHEESE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Beat cottage cheese, butter, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir corn bread mixes into butter mixture until just moistened. Fold in broccoli, onion, and 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Pour batter into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in the baking dish for 10 minutes before slicing and serving warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366.5 calories, Carbohydrate 29.6 g, Cholesterol 111.2 mg, Fat 22.6 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 12.1 g, SaturatedFat 12.2 g, Sodium 913.9 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
This moist corn bread, which relies on convenient muffin mix and frozen broccoli, is a breeze to whip up anytime. "It's especially good in the winter with a steaming bowl of soup," relates Charlotte McDaniel of Anniston, Alabama.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a bowl, combine eggs, butter and salt. Stir in cornbread mix just until blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Slice and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217 calories, Fat 14g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 106mg cholesterol, Sodium 475mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
BROCCOLI AND CHEESE CORNBREAD
This is a recipe I got from a friend. I had searched forever to find a good broccoli and cheese cornbread recipe. This is Unbelievable!!
Provided by AprilK
Yield 8-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven at 350.Put the stick of butter in a 9x13 pan and sit in the oven to melt. Mix all remaining ingredients together (the mixture will be very thick). Once the butter has melted and the pan is slightly hot, add the cornbread batter to the 9x13 pan and spread out. Put back in oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.3, Fat 26.9, SaturatedFat 14.9, Cholesterol 166.5, Sodium 615, Carbohydrate 23.2, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 1.3, Protein 13.1
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR CORNBREAD
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together all ingredients except 2 tablespoons Cheddar to create a batter in a bowl.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet melt butter. Saute onions and broccoli until soft. Pour batter over the vegetable mixture and sprinkle top evenly with remaining cheese. You can also place the ingredients in an 11 by 17-inch baking dish.
- Bake in oven until golden, 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pour the vegetable oil in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet that has been well seasoned to prevent sticking.
- Combine the cornbread mix, onion, cheese, broccoli, black pepper and jalapeno in a large bowl. Stir in the sour cream, buttermilk and melted butter to make a thick batter.
- Heat the oil in the skillet over medium heat until hot and shimmering. Spoon in the batter, spreading it to the edges. The oil will come up around the edges of the batter. Spread it over the top of the batter. (During the baking process the oil will help brown the bread.)
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then carefully loosen the edges and bottom with an egg turner or large spatula and turn onto a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR CORNBREAD
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Heat the butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion, and sauté until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and broccoli to the skillet, and sauté for 2 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant and the broccoli has warmed through. In a medium bowl, stir together the cornbread mix, milk, cottage cheese, eggs, salt, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese until smooth, then pour the batter into the skillet over the vegetables and stir to blend. Sprinkle the top of the batter with the remaining cheese. Bake the cornbread in the skillet for about 30 minutes, until it is lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then serve.
BROCCOLI CHEESE CORNBREAD
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease an 11x7 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal mix and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, cottage cheese, onion and butter. Stir the egg and cheese mixture into the flour mixture. Fold in the broccoli. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 184.7 calories, Carbohydrate 16.7 g, Cholesterol 83.8 mg, Fat 10.4 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 7.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 601.4 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
DELICIOUS BROCCOLI JIFFY CORNBREAD
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Grease a 8x8 pan, I use Pam.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- [email protected] 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes or until bread is pulling away from side of pan.
- Let sit for 15 minutes until cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 804.1, Fat 57.1, SaturatedFat 21.2, Cholesterol 268.7, Sodium 1811.9, Carbohydrate 52.6, Fiber 6.6, Sugar 15.4, Protein 22
More about "broccoli cornbread with cheese recipes"
BROCCOLI CHEESE CORNBREAD
5/5 (7)Calories 265 per servingCategory Bread, Side Dish
- In a mixing bowl, mix together, the steamed broccoli, garlic-herb cheese spread, 4 eggs, melted butter and finely diced onion until blended.
BROCCOLI CHEESE CORNBREAD - PLAIN.RECIPES
CAST IRON BROCCOLI CHEESE CORNBREAD - THE FLIP FLOP BARNYARD
10 BEST BROCCOLI CHEESE CORNBREAD WITH JIFFY MIX RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY BROCCOLI CORNBREAD RECIPE (WITH VARIATIONS)
CHEESY BROCCOLI CORNBREAD - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
BROCCOLI CORNBREAD | "JIFFY" MIX
CHEESY BROCCOLI CORNBREAD | RECIPE | BROCCOLI CORNBREAD, RECIPES, …
BROCCOLI CORNBREAD WITH CHEESE - CORNBREAD RECIPES
BROCCOLI AND CHEESE CORNBREAD | WHAT'S COOKIN' ITALIAN …
THE BEST BROCCOLI CHEESE CORNBREAD RECIPE - OUR …
BROCCOLI CORNBREAD — A MEAL IN ITSELF! — SHOCKINGLY DELICIOUS
THE BEST BROCCOLI CORNBREAD RECIPE – SIMPLY SOUTHERN MOM
BROCCOLI CHEESE CORNBREAD - NATIONAL CORNBREAD FESTIVAL
BROCCOLI CORNBREAD WITH CHEESE - KITCHEN DIVAS
BROCCOLI CORNBREAD WITH CHEESE | RECIPESTY
FLUFFY BROCCOLI CORNBREAD RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
JIFFY BROCCOLI CORNBREAD - PLOWING THROUGH LIFE
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR CORNBREAD - CORNBREAD MILLIONAIRE
BROCCOLI CORNBREAD BAKE CASSEROLE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
BROCCOLI CHEESE CORNBREAD RECIPE | MIX AND MATCH MAMA
HOMESTYLE BROCCOLI CHEESE CORNBREAD - SOUTHERN PLATE
CHEESY BROCCOLI CORNBREAD | 12 TOMATOES
BROCCOLI CHEESE CORNBREAD | ONCE A MONTH MEALS
BROCCOLI CHEESE CORNBREAD - CORNBREAD RECIPES
10 BEST BROCCOLI CHEESE CORNBREAD WITH JIFFY MIX RECIPES - YUMMLY
BROCCOLI AND CHEESE CORNBREAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
BROCCOLI CHEESE CORNBREAD RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
BROCCOLI CHEESE CORNBREAD – FAMILY RECIPES
EASY BROCCOLI CORNBREAD - PLAIN CHICKEN
BROCCOLI CORNBREAD WITH CHEESE RECIPE
BACON BROCCOLI CHEESE BUTTERMILK CORNBREAD - CALL ME PMC
BROCCOLI CHEESE CORNBREAD FROM SCRATCH RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR CORNBREAD - PLAIN CHICKEN
THE BEST CHEESY BROCCOLI CORNBREAD WITH JIFFY MIX
BROCCOLI CORNBREAD COTTAGE CHEESE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
BROCCOLI CHEESE CORNBREAD – CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
BROCCOLI CORNBREAD WITH CHEESE | RECIPE | BROCCOLI CORNBREAD, …
BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR CHEESE CORNBREAD RECIPE
Broccoli Cornbread Recipe25K views-08:53
How to Make: Cheesy Broccoli Cornbread1.6K views-03:05
How to Make Broccoli and Cheese Cornbread8K views-03:47
Broccoli & Cheese Cornbread6K views-08:05
Easy broccoli cheese cornbread.1.7K views-09:11
Broccoli Cheese Cornbread5.7K views-01:01
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Broccoli and cornbread mix?In a mixing bowl, mix together, the steamed broccoli, garlic-herb cheese spread, 4 eggs, melted butter and finely diced onion until blended. Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese, cornbread mix and seasonings. Stir until combined. Pour into the prepared dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
How to bake cornbread with cottage cheese?In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, butter, eggs, cornbread mix until well blended. Stir in the cornbread mix. Then, add the broccoli, onion, and 1 ½ cup cheese. Spread the batter in the prepared casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the cornbread is puffed and golden.
What goes well with broccoli and cheese in cornbread?Cheesy Broccoli Cornbread is a great way to sneak extra veggies into a meal. Broccoli and cheese taste so good together and with 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, this recipe really capitalizes on that flavor combination.
What is the best way to make a cornbread casserole?Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, butter, eggs, cornbread mix until well blended. Stir in the mix. Then, add the broccoli, onion, and 1 ½ cup cheese. Spread the batter in the prepared casserole dish. Top with the remaining cheese.