PEACH UPSIDE DOWN CAKE I
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine in an 8-inch square pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and nutmeg. Arrange peach halves, cut side down, in pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spread batter over peaches.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned on top, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove cake from oven, and let stand in pan for 5 minutes; invert onto serving platter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317.7 calories, Carbohydrate 40.7 g, Cholesterol 62.4 mg, Fat 16.4 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 3.1 g, SaturatedFat 10.1 g, Sodium 365.8 mg, Sugar 27 g
UPSIDE-DOWN PEACH CAKE
Folks have been flipping over this peach upside-down cake for generations. This dessert is very popular with my family and guests. -Terri Kirschner, Carlisle, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt 1/4 cup butter; pour into an ungreased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange peach slices in single layer over sugar. , In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spoon over peaches., Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384 calories, Fat 19g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 71mg cholesterol, Sodium 306mg sodium, Carbohydrate 52g carbohydrate (36g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
CARAMEL-PEACH UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE WITH BOURBON
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the caramel peaches: Butter a 9-inch cake pan, line the bottom with parchment paper and brush the paper with butter.
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, allspice if using and 1 tablespoon water in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to high and cook without stirring until the mixture becomes an amber caramel, about 5 minutes. Pour the caramel into the prepared pan and set aside to cool.
- Halve and pit the peaches, keeping their skins intact. Cut each half into 3 wedges. Arrange the wedges in concentric circles over the caramel in the pan. Sprinkle the bourbon if using over the top of peaches. Set aside.
- For the cake: Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with a hand-held electric mixer on low speed, about 1 minute. Increase the speed to high and continue beating until the butter is light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs 1 at time, waiting for the first to be fully incorporated before adding the second. Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the sour cream in 2 additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Increase the speed to medium and mix briefly to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter over the peaches and smooth the top. Bake the cake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan on a rack, about 20 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan to release the cake. Carefully invert the cake onto a serving plate and remove the parchment paper. Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if using.
CARAMELIZED PEACH UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt 2 teaspoons butter, then brush muffin cups with some of it. Chill muffin tin 2 minutes to set butter. Line bottom of each muffin cup with a round of parchment paper, then brush cups and parchment with remaining melted butter and chill 2 minutes more. Divide 1 teaspoon flour among muffin cups and shake to coat, knocking out excess flour.
- Cut an X in bottom of each peach and immerse peaches in a large pot of boiling water until skins loosen, about 15 seconds. Transfer peaches with a slotted spoon to a large bowl of ice and cold water to cool. Peel peaches, then pit and halve lengthwise. Cut peach halves lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices, then cut slices crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Melt remaining tablespoon butter in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, then stir in 3 tablespoons brown sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is melted and bubbling, about 2 minutes. Carefully add a scant 2 cups peaches (caramel will splatter and sugar will seize), reserving remaining 1/3 cup peaches, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until peaches are tender and caramel is syrupy, 6 to 8 minutes. Spoon cooked peaches and caramel evenly into muffin cups.
- Purée reserved peaches in a blender until smooth. Beat together eggs, salt, almond extract, and remaining 6 tablespoons brown sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until mixture is creamy and tripled in volume, 3 to 5 minutes in a stand mixer or 6 to 8 minutes with a handheld. Reduce speed to low, then add puréed peaches and mix until just combined. Sift remaining 6 tablespoons flour evenly over egg mixture and fold in gently but thoroughly until just combined.
- Spoon batter over caramelized peaches and bake until golden brown and a wooden pick or skewer inserted in center of a cake comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool in muffin tin on a rack 2 to 3 minutes, then invert a platter over muffin tin and flip cakes onto platter while still warm. Reposition any peaches that have stuck to parchment and serve cakes warm or at room temperature.
People also searched
More about "caramelized peach upside down cake recipes"
PEACH UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE - BOULDER LOCAVORE®
Ratings 19Total Time 1 hr 29 minsCategory DessertCalories 317 per serving
- Add 3 tablespoons butter into a 9 inch by 2 inch round layer cake pan and place in the oven to melt, approximately 3 minutes. Do not let butter brown.
- Remove pan from oven. Add brown sugar and water; whisk until sugar is dissolved and butter is incorporated.
- Layer pear slices overlapped each other, with the larger end of the pear toward the outside of the pan (refer to photos). Form a circular pattern allowing the pears to cover the entire bottom of the pan. Set aside.
PEACH UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - HOW TO MAKE PEACH UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
5/5 (5)Total Time 50 mins
- Make the caramel: Preheat oven to 350°. In a 10" cast iron skillet, melt butter, brown sugar, and bourbon, stirring to combine, over medium heat.
PEACH UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE WITH COGNAC CARAMEL | FOOD & STYLE
Reviews 43Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory DessertsTotal Time 2 mins
- To make the Chantilly – Place the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and whip at medium speed until thick and ribbony. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the butter. Once melted, add the peach slices, laying them on their sides, and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until golden. Sprinkle the peach slices with 2 tablespoons of sugar and flip them, being careful not to break them. Continue to sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until golden-brown. Remove pan from heat and arrange the peach slices in a daisy pattern in the prepared mold, making sure to fit the slices tightly together. Set aside. Return pan to stove over medium/medium-high heat. Add the balance of the sugar, vanilla and Cognac and simmer, stirring continuously, until a rich caramel forms (about 5 to 6 minutes). Immediately drizzle the caramel evenly over the peaches and set aside.
CARAMELIZED PEACH UPSIDE-DOWN COFFEE CAKE RECIPE ...
3/5 (17)Category BreakfastServings 8Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. Line 10-inch springform pan with foil. Lightly spray bottom and side of foil-lined pan with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon until blended. Add sliced peaches; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until peaches are tender, stirring occasionally. Spoon and spread peach mixture over bottom of pan.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add baking powder and eggs. (DO NOT EAT RAW COOKIE DOUGH AFTER COMBINING WITH EGGS.) Beat with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until well blended. On low speed, beat in half-and-half an additional minute or until cookie dough mixture is smooth and creamy. Pour mixture evenly over peaches in pan.
- Bake 35 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 2 minutes. Place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Carefully remove foil. Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, stir peach preserves and orange juice together until blended. Microwave peach mixture on High 30 to 60 seconds or until warm.
CARAMEL PEACH UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - CAKESCOTTAGE
3.6/5 (31)Category Easy Dessert, Peach CakeCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr
- Mix softened butter and brown sugar and spread evenly on the bottom of the 9×2 inch pie dish or round cake pan. (Make sure the pan is 2 inches deep) Arrange peaches in a pattern over sugar mixture. Set pan aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter, sugar and vanilla extract, add egg and beat until light and fluffy, add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk, beat on low until combined.
CARAMEL PEACH UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - KITCHEN DIVAS
Reviews 2Category DessertCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
- If using a cake pan, pour the topping from the saucepan and spread it evenly across the bottom of the cake pan. Put your peach slices on top of the topping in any pattern your want. Set aside.
CARAMEL PEACH UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE ⋆ GROWING UP CALI
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory DessertTotal Time 45 mins See details »
PEACH GINGER UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE | RECIPE - RACHAEL ...
- Stir in the brown sugar, lemon juice and salt and cook over medium heat, stirring, until evenly combined, 1 to 2 minutes
CARAMEL PEACH UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - GET THE GOOD STUFF
Cuisine AmericanCategory DessertServings 6Total Time 45 mins See details »
RECIPE: PEACH UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE WITH VANILLA CARAMEL SAUCE ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
CARAMEL PEACH UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK ...
4/5 (29)Author Food Network KitchenCuisine AmericanCategory Dessert See details »
CARAMEL PEACH UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - GUY FIERI OFFERS UP THIS ...
Cuisine AmericanServings 8 See details »
CARAMELIZED FRESH PEACH UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - LINGER
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory DessertsCalories 555 per serving See details »
PEACH UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE WITH BOURBON CARAMEL RECIPE ...
5/5 (16)Category DessertServings 12Total Time 1 hr 45 mins See details »
PEACH UPSIDE DOWN CAKE • DANCE AROUND THE KITCHEN
Reviews 2Category Dessert See details »
UPSIDE DOWN CAKE – BEST PEACH UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE ...
Ratings 1Category DessertsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 55 mins
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Pour the mixture in the bottom of a 9-inch cake pan.
16 GORGEOUS UPSIDE-DOWN CAKES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
See details »
PEACH UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - AMANDA'S COOKIN' - CAKE & CUPCAKES
5/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 432 per serving See details »
CARAMEL PEACH UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - KICKASS BAKER
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory DessertCalories 402 per serving See details »
EASY PEACH UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - LION'S BREAD
5/5 (1)Category DessertCuisine American See details »
CARAMELIZED PEACH UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - COOKING WITH CARBS
5/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 35 minsCategory DessertCalories 269 per serving See details »
PEACH UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE III RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
See details »
PEACH UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
See details »
CARAMEL PEACH UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
See details »
You'll also love