- Core and peel pineapple. Slice it lengthwise into eighths.
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Coat pineapple wedges with sugar; place in hot pan. Cook, turning once and shaking pan often, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove pineapple.
- Stir 3 tablespoons water into pan, and heat briefly; drizzle over pineapple. Serve with frozen yogurt, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255 g, Fat 7 g, Protein 1 g
SIMPLE CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE
Found in All*You Magazine many years ago. I love making this dish for our family - very simple and I can tweak it with different toppings so it always seems just a bit different.
Provided by HokiesMom
Yield 6 bowls, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Slice pineapple into eight rings and cut each ring into 8 pieces.
- Warm butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. When butter begins to foam, add the pineapple and brown sugar (this is when you'd add the bananas if using that option).
- Cook, stirring frequently and make sure you are turning the pineapple chunks over while stirring. This should take about 4-5 minutes - just until the pineapple is brown and all the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and place into a shallow serving bowls and let cool 2-3 minutes.
- Place a scoop of ice cream/frozen yogurt on each serving and top with other toppings if desired. Or you can serve with just a dollop of freshly whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 407.4, Fat 20.5, SaturatedFat 11.7, Cholesterol 49.4, Sodium 59.8, Carbohydrate 55.4, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 43.1, Protein 5.1
So simple, yet SO delicious. Doesn't require many ingredients or much time, perfect for a last minute way to use up that ripe pineapple that will turn any day!
Provided by Brim05005
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Melt the butter in a medium to large saute pan over medium heat.
- Place the pineapple slices (no more than 1/2 inch thick) over the melted butter in the pan. Sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Baste the pineapple by tilting the pan a bit to scoop some of the butter/sugar mixture and pouring it over the pineapple slices. Cook for about 3-4 mins per side.
- Continue to baste every so often to incorporate the flavor of the butter and brown sugar.
- When cooked, place slices on plates and drizzle some of the sauce it cooked in over top. Serve with vanilla ice cream to make EXTRA delicious! Pour some of the sauce over that as well. VERY hot, let cool a little before serving.
- Enjoy :).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 103.2, Fat 5.8, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 54.5, Carbohydrate 13.5, Sugar 13.3, Protein 0.1
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE SAUCE
- Melt the butter and sugar in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Increase the heat to high. Add the pineapple and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and coated in caramel, about 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the vanilla and salt. Divide the pineapple sauce among 4 sundae dishes. Top each dish with 1 scoop of ice cream and some chocolate sauce.
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the brown sugar, 1/2 stick of the butter and the 1/4 cup pineapple juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the sugar dissolves and begins to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Pour into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and top with the pineapple rings. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, ginger and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat together the remaining 2 sticks butter and the granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Beat in vanilla until well incorporated.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add in the dry ingredients, beating just until incorporated--be careful not to over-mix. Spread the batter over the pineapple rings in the baking dish.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the topping: Stir together the sour cream, sugar and vanilla seeds in a small bowl.
- To serve, invert the cake over a platter and cut into portions. Serve with a dollop of the sour cream topping.
SUE TORRES'S CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE
- Cut pineapple in half crosswise. Reserve half for another use. Peel remaining half. Stand pineapple upright on work surface. Slice pineapple lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices working around the core of the pineapple; discard core. In a large saute pan set over medium-high heat, cook pineapple until caramelized, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a work surface; cut into 1/4-inch pieces.
CARAMELISED PINEAPPLE COMPOTES
Impress your guests with Gordon Ramsay's intensely flavoured fruit purée topped with yogurt and shavings of iced fruit granita
Provided by Gordon Ramsay
Categories Dessert, Dinner
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cut the skin off the pineapple, then cut it lengthways into quarters and remove the core from each piece. Chop the flesh roughly and purée in a food processor or blender until creamy. Pour the purée into a large sieve set over a bowl, and leave to drain in the fridge overnight. Do not stir.
- Next day, pour the juice from the bowl into a freezerproof container. Freeze until solid (at least 4 hours).
- Now caramelise the flesh. At this stage, in the restaurant, we rub the flesh through a sieve with the back of a ladle to make it very creamy. It's not vital, but it makes this dessert extra-special. Tip the sugar into a medium-sized frying pan and stir in 2 tbsp cold water. Stand for 5 minutes before heating slowly over a gentle heat, shaking the pan until the sugar dissolves into a clear syrup. When all the crystals have dissolved, raise the heat and cook to a medium golden colour. Tip in the pineapple flesh and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until flavoured and slightly reduced. Remove and cool, then keep in a covered container in the fridge until ready to serve (The purée will keep for up to 2 days.)
- When the pineapple juice has frozen, scrape it into icy shavings using a large metal spoon. Place in another container and keep frozen until ready to serve.
- To serve, divide the purée between 8 shot or small wine glasses and top with yogurt. (They can be chilled for up to 4 hours at this point.) Remove the shavings from the freezer and spoon over the yogurt. Top each glass with a Frosted coriander sprig and serve with Coconut tuiles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150 calories, Fat 2 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 31 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 16 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.13 milligram of sodium
SRI LANKAN CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE-UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
This Sri Lankan version of pineapple upside-down cake is made with caramelized jaggery and star anise. It makes a great treat for afternoon tea. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Provided by Bee
Categories Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt butter for topping in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add jaggery and bring to a simmer, stirring every so often until jaggery is dissolved. Once it starts to bubble, turn off heat and immediately pour the mixture into a 9-inch round cake pan. Arrange pineapple slices on top of the caramel mixture. Set aside while you prepare the cake.
- Combine almond flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Grind star anise pod with a mortar and pestle and add to the flour mixture.
- Beat butter in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and beat until creamed together. Beat in eggs on high speed until combined. Mix in vanilla and lemon zest. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat on low speed until combined and no lumps remain; do not overmix. Pour batter over the pineapple topping in the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 45 minutes; do not overbake.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack; let cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Invert cake onto a cake stand or serving plate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412.9 calories, Carbohydrate 46.4 g, Cholesterol 104.9 mg, Fat 23.1 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 8.7 g, Sodium 247.1 mg, Sugar 29.8 g
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE WITH RUM
- Preheat broiler and line a shallow baking pan with foil.
- Trim pineapple leaves to about 2 inches. Quarter pineapple lengthwise, reserving 2 quarters for another use. Cut and discard cores from remaining quarters. With a sharp knife cut fruit from rinds, keeping rinds intact and reserving them. Cut pineapple crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- In a small saucepan cook butter, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and rum over moderate heat, stirring, 1 minute. Add pineapple, stirring to coat, and cook mixture 1 minute.
- Put reserved rinds in baking pan and with a fork and spoon return pineapple pieces to rinds, arranging in original shape. Spoon remaining butter mixture over pineapple and sprinkle tops with remaining tablespoon brown sugar. Broil pineapple about 3 inches from heat until slightly charred and heated through, about 8 minutes.
- Serve caramelized pineapple with ice cream.
CARAMELIZED FRESH PINEAPPLE TIRAMISU
- For coffee, tea, and cognac flavoring:
- Place coffee filter in strainer set over medium bowl. Bring 1 1/2 cups water to boil in heavy medium saucepan. Mix in coffee and tea. Turn off heat; cover and let steep 5 minutes. Strain mixture through coffee filter. Stir in Cognac. Cool completely.
- For cognac sabayon:
- Whisk yolks, cream, 4 tablespoons sugar, and salt in medium metal bowl to blend. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water and whisk until mixture is thick and thermometer registers 160°F, about 5 minutes. Remove from over water. Place over larger bowl of ice and water. Cool quickly, whisking often, about 5 minutes.
- Stir mascarpone in large bowl to loosen texture. Fold in cooled yolk mixture in 3 additions, then fold in Cognac. Beat whites in medium bowl until soft peaks form. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and beat until stiff but not dry; fold into sabayon in 3 additions. Cover; chill up to 1 day.
- For caramelized pineapple:
- Combine pineapple, sugar, and salt in large nonstick skillet. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; add bean. Stir over medium heat until sugar melts and syrup forms. Continue cooking until syrup is absorbed and pineapple is dry and golden, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes; cool completely.
- Cover bottom of 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish with layer of ladyfingers. Brush with coffee flavoring. Spread with half of sabayon (about 3 cups). Scatter half of pineapple over. Repeat with ladyfingers, flavoring, sabayon, and pineapple. Cover; chill overnight.
- Sprinkle tiramisù generously with grated chocolate and garnish with fresh pineapple, if desired. Cut into squares or spoon onto plates and serve.
- *An Italian cream cheese; sold at many supermarkets and at specialty foods stores and Italian markets.
GRILLED CARAMELIZED BROWN SUGAR PINEAPPLE RECIPE
Juicy pineapple coated with brown sugar, cinnamon, and honey grilled to perfection - this is just like the grilled pineapple they serve at restaurants.
Provided by Camille Beckstrand
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Thread pineapple onto skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes before threading pineapple on). Mix together brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and honey. Place skewered pineapple on a large plate or pan. Using a spoon or a brush, thoroughly glaze each piece of pineapple with the brown sugar mixture.
- Place skewers on a grill, preheated to a medium-high temperature. Cook for 5-10 minutes on each side, or just until the sugar-glaze starts to caramelize.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 143 kcal, Carbohydrate 24 g, Protein 1 g, Fat 6 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 54 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 20 g, UnsaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
More about "caramelized pineapple recipes"
CARAMELIZED BROWN SUGAR CINNAMON GRILLED PINEAPPLE
5/5 (4)Total Time 20 minsCategory Side DishCalories 281 per serving
- Lay the pineapple spears on a pan. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. (If it seems thick, I always put it in the microwave for a few seconds so that it can easily pour on top of the pineapple.) Spread on top of the pineapple using a cooking brush.
- Grill for about 7-10 minutes or until it is starting to turn golden brown. I always like to brush the excess sauce from the pan back on top of the pineapple before serving.
ASIAN CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE - DAVID LEBOVITZ
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE RECIPE - CHICA AND JO
BEST CARAMELIZED GRILLED PINEAPPLE WITH BROWN SUGAR …
HOW SWEET! CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE CRêPES - FOOD …
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE TOPPING - SOBEYS INC.
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE CAKE | FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE SLICES - BIGOVEN.COM
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE DESSERT RECIPE WITH COTTAGE CHEESE
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE (ANANAS CARAMELIZADO) - EASY PORTUGUESE …
CARAMELISED PINEAPPLE | DONNA HAY
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE OLD FASHIONED
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE - MAYTIBOT.ENCICLOPEDIA-JURIDICA.COM
AIR FRYER CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE - TASTY AIR FRYER RECIPES
CARAMELIZED-PINEAPPLE BAKED ALASKAS RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD …
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE SUNDAES | READER'S DIGEST CANADA
3 INGREDIENT CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE – ADD SALT & SERVE
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE WITH RUM - THE NOT SO MODERN HOUSEWIFE
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE TOPPING | FOODLAND
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - SAVOR THE BEST
CARAMELISED PINEAPPLE RECIPE WITH CARAMEL RUM | OLIVEMAGAZINE
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE SAUCE - NIELSEN-MASSEY VANILLAS
CARAMELIZED GRILLED PINEAPPLE - BLUE BOWL
BROWN SUGAR BOURBON WHOLE GRILLED PINEAPPLE - SOUFFLE BOMBAY
CARAMELISED PINEAPPLE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE TARTLETS | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE SLICES - VEBA RESOURCE CENTER
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLES RECIPE - LEI SHISHAK
CARAMELIZED GRILLED PINEAPPLE – BLACKSTONE PRODUCTS
CARAMELISED PINEAPPLE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE AND MEZCAL MARGARITA | MCCORMICK GOURMET
HOMEMADE CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE EMPANADAS | THE NOVICE CHEF
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE WITH ICE CREAM RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE NICE CREAM - FORKS OVER KNIVES
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #desserts #fruit #american #caribbean #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #hawaiian #dietary #low-in-something #tropical-fruit #pineapple #taste-mood #sweet
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook pineapple for dessert?This easy dessert is perfect in the winter, when pineapples are plentiful. Core and peel pineapple. Slice it lengthwise into eighths. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Coat pineapple wedges with sugar; place in hot pan. Cook, turning once and shaking pan often, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove pineapple.
How do you cook pineapple with brown sugar and water?Start by draining the pineapple (save the juice for breakfast tomorrow morning). Put the drained pineapple into a dry skillet. Sprinkle the brown sugar on top and turn the heat on medium-high. Almost immediately, you'll notice lots of liquid in the pan as the sugar melts and the pineapple gives off some of its juice.
How to cook pineapple slices in a pan?Place the pineapple slices (no more than 1/2 inch thick) over the melted butter in the pan. Sprinkle with the brown sugar. Baste the pineapple by tilting the pan a bit to scoop some of the butter/sugar mixture and pouring it over the pineapple slices.
How do you cook caramelized pineapple in an air fryer?Air fry at 400ºF for 3-4 minutes to brown. Air Fryer Caramelized Pineapple makes a great sweet treat or ice cream topping. Pineapple rings slathered in butter and brown sugar then air fried to perfection. Generously spray air fryer basket with nonstick. Place pineapple rings in air fryer basket.