PEAR CARAMEL TART
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter and stir in sugar. As mixture begins to bubble, remove from heat and spread out pears. Return skillet to heat and cook over medium high until golden brown syrup bubbles up. This process will take about 30 minutes. Roll out crust to flatten folds and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Place crust over pears and press down around edges. Cut slits in crust and brush with egg. Bake for 30 minutes until crust is golden brown. Allow skillet to cool for 2 minutes. Loosen edges of crust with paring knife. Invert tart onto plate and cool.
PEAR TARTS WITH CARAMEL SAUCE
- To make the almond cream: In the bowl of an electric mixer or with a wooden spoon, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks, beat in well, and add the Amaretto. Stir in the ground almonds and flour until evenly mixed. The mixture should be the consistency of a thick paste.
- To make the caramel sauce: In a small sauce pan, combine the brown sugar, butter and cream. Bring the mixture to a boil and boil vigorously for 2 minutes, remove from the heat. Cover and keep warm at the back of the stove.
- To make the tarts: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to a 1/8 inch thickness and, using a plate or cardboard circle as a template, use a very sharp knife to cut four 7 inch circles. Spread a circle of almond cream in the center of each, leaving a 1inch border. Fan the sliced pears out from the center of each tart, completely covering the almond cream but still leaving the border. Beat the egg yolk lightly with a fork and brush the border of the pastry with it (try not to let any yolk dribble down onto the cut edges of the pastry, otherwise it will not rise as high). Bake the tarts for about 20 minutes, until the edges are golden and the pastry is baked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes Place a sprig of mint in the center of each tart and sprinkle it with a little confectioners sugar. Serve warm, drizzled with the warm caramel sauce.
CARMELIZED UPSIDE-DOWN PEAR TART
Provided by Betty Caldwell
Categories Fruit Dessert Bake Thanksgiving Pear Fall Winter Cinnamon Gourmet Kidney Friendly Vegetarian Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Peel and halve pears, the core (preferably with a melon-ball cutter). Heat butter in a 9- to 10-inch well-seasoned cast-iron skillet over moderate heat until foam subsides, then stir in sugar (sugar will not be dissolved). Arrange pears, cut sides up, in skillet with wide parts at rim of skillet. Sprinkle pears with cinnamon and cook, undisturbed, until sugar turns a deep golden caramel. (This can take as little as 10 minutes or as much as 25, depending on pears, skillets, and stove.) Cool pears completely in skillet.
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin into a 12-inch round and trim to a 9 1/2- to 10 1/2-inch round. Arrange pastry over caramelized pears, tucking edge around pears inside rim of skillet. Bake tart until pastry is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Cook on rack 5 minutes.
- Invert a rimmed serving plate (slightly larger than skillet) over skillet and, using pot holders to hold skillet and plate tightly together, invert tart onto plate. Serve tart warm or at room temperature.
UPSIDE- DOWN CARAMEL PEAR PIE
Make and share this Upside- Down Caramel Pear Pie recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Carmen B.
Yield 1 pie
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Make the crust:.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar and salt. Using a pastry blender or two knives, blend in shortening until mixture resembles very coarse crumbs. Sprinkle with water and stir until dough forms a ball. Wrap ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- When chilled, cut dough in half. On a lightly floured cutting board or counter, roll each dough half out into an 11-inch circle. Let crusts sit until ready to assemble pie.
- Make the filling:.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with a 14-inch circle of heavy-duty foil. Spread the 2 tablespoons butter over bottom of lined pie plate, using all the butter.
- Press pecan halves (outsides facing down) into butter in a decorative circular pattern around bottom of pie plate. Sprinkle nuts with brown sugar.
- Spray edges of foil-lined pie plate with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a wooden spoon, stir together sugar, flour, spices and salt; add pears and toss gently to coat; set aside.
- Assemble the pie:.
- Transfer one of the prepared pie crusts to the pie plate, placing it over pecans; press down evenly. Top with pear mixture and dot with butter.
- Cover pears with second pie crust, roll edges under and crimp as desired. Cut several slits in the crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 375° and bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes, or until crust is nicely browned.
- Let pie cool 5 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate. To garnish, drizzle pie with caramel topping and serve warm, with whipped cream, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 5238.6, Fat 263.5, SaturatedFat 67.3, Cholesterol 93.2, Sodium 1611.9, Carbohydrate 718.2, Fiber 44.4, Sugar 349.8, Protein 42.5
CARAMELIZED PEAR TART
This caramelized pear tart recipe is from a grocery store flyer. For the short crust pastry use recipe #140957 #140597 or no-roll short crust recipe #95116 #95116, or your favorite short crust pastry. I think this recipe would be equally good with caramelized apples or other fresh fruit. Serve with rich custard or vanilla ice cream.
Provided by foodtvfan
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a sauté pan on medium, melt unsalted butter; stir in 2 Tablespoons of the sugar.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until butter and sugar begin to turn golden brown and caramelize.
- Add pear slices and cook slowly over low heat to tenderize and caramelize, stirring gently occasionally. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
- Arrange caramelized pears in short crust pie shell.
- Mix together eggs with the remaining sugar, cream, ground almonds and pear brandy, if using.
- Pour mixture over pears.
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degree Celsius) .
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Rest for three to five minutes before serving.
- Serve with rich custard or vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 652.1, Fat 36.5, SaturatedFat 13.5, Cholesterol 135.2, Sodium 323.4, Carbohydrate 76, Fiber 8.1, Sugar 42.6, Protein 9.9
CARAMELIZED UPSIDE-DOWN PEAR TART
Categories Dairy Fruit Dessert Bake Thanksgiving Pear Fall Gourmet Kidney Friendly Vegetarian Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes 1 tart
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Peel, halve, and core pears.
- In a 9- to 10-inch ovenproof non-stick skillet or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet heat butter over moderate heat until foam subsides and stir in sugar (sugar will not be dissolved). Arrange pears, cut sides up, in skillet, with side parts at rim of skillet. Sprinkle pears with cinnamon and cook without stirring until sugar mixture forms a deep golden caramel. (This can take as little as 10 minutes or as much as 25, depending on skillet and stove.) Cool pears completely in skillet.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- On a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin roll out dough into an 11-inch round (about 1/8 inch thick) and arrange over caramelized pears. Tuck edge around pears. Bake tart in middle of oven until pastry is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Have ready a rimmed serving plate slightly larger than skillet. As soon as tart has finished baking, invert plate over skillet and, wearing oven mitts and keeping plate and skillet firmly pressed together, invert tart onto plate. (This is a bit scary, but it works!)
- Serve tart at room temperature or chilled with whipped cream or ice cream.
More about "caramelized upside down pear tart recipes"
CARAMELIZED UPSIDE-DOWN PEAR TART - THAT SUSAN WILLIAMS
- In a bowl with your fingertips or a pastry blender blend together flour, butter, shortening, and salt until most of mixture resembles coarse meal with remainder in small (roughly pea-size) lumps.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons ice water evenly over mixture and gently stir with a fork until incorporated. Test mixture by gently squeezing a small handful: When it has proper texture it should hold together without crumbling apart.
- If necessary, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring until incorporated, and test mixture again. (Do not overwork or add too much water; pastry will be tough.)
CARAMELIZED UPSIDE-DOWN PEAR TART | STARR RANCH …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CARAMELIZED PEAR UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE | EASY DESSERT …
SIMPLEMILLS - CARAMELIZED PEAR UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
UPSIDE-DOWN PEAR TART RECIPE - OPRAH.COM
CARAMELIZED PEAR UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - RECIPE
UPSIDE DOWN CARAMEL PEAR CAKE RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
CARMELIZED UPSIDE DOWN PEAR TART | TASTY KITCHEN: A …
RECIPE: CARAMELIZED PEAR UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - FARM …
CARAMELIZED UPSIDE DOWN PEAR TART : 9 STEPS (WITH …
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Make the Dough. Although you could go out and buy pie crust for this step, this tart tastes much better if you make it yourself. Pie Crust Ingredients
- Combine Dry(ish) Ingredients. In a food processor, pulse to combine the flour, cubed butter, shortening, and salt until the mixture resembles something similar to coarse meal.
- Add Water. Okay, this sounds like a simple step, but this part is very important in order to achieve the right consistency of dough. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of the ice water into the dry mixture.
- Bringing the Dough Together. Turn the dough onto a work surface and press it together into one lump. Next divide that lump into 4 pieces with a knife.
- Preparing the Pears for the Tart. Pear Tart Ingredients: 2 pounds firm-ripe Bosc pears (3 to 5) Make sure the pears are not quite ripe yet. Ripe pears will turn mushy in the oven (EW!)
- Putting It in the Pan. Now is the time to run to cabinet and find a pan that is both stove and oven safe. We used a well-seasoned cast iron pan (about 10" diameter) and it worked great, but you can use really any pan that you can start on the stove and finish in the oven.
- Putting Everything Together. Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Take your dough out of the fridge and let it thaw for about 5 min. Roll out the dough on a floured surface.
- Bake and Plate. Put the tart in the oven for 30 - 35 minutes or until the crust is a light golden brown. While the tart is in the oven, choose the plate you will be serving this delicious dessert on (this should be a ceramic, glass, or metal plate, no plastic.
- EAT! This is the most important step of all! Cut, Serve, Eat, and of course ENJOY! First Prize in the. Butter Challenge. First Time Author Challenge.
UPSIDE DOWN CARAMELISED FLAT PEACH TART AKA FLAT PEACH TARTE TATIN
CARAMELIZED PEAR UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - EYE DOC BAKES
CARAMELIZED UPSIDE-DOWN PEAR TART RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SPICED PEAR AND CARAMEL UPSIDE-DOWN TART RECIPE | COLES
CARAMELIZED UPSIDE-DOWN PEAR TART - TASTEDANDAPPROVED.COM
CURTIS STONE MAKES A DELICIOUS DESSERT ON THE MORNING …
CARAMELIZED UPSIDE-DOWN PEAR TART - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
PEAR UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - TRADITIONAL HOME BAKING
RECIPE: UPSIDE-DOWN PEAR TART - MEALSTEPS.COM
CARAMELIZED PEAR UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - MASTERCOOK
SKILLET PEAR UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RECIPE: CARAMEL-PEAR UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - KITCHN
CARAMELIZED UPSIDE-DOWN PEAR TART RECIPE
UPSIDE DOWN PEAR AND APPLE TART RECIPE | MYRECIPES
UPSIDE DOWN CARAMELIZED PEAR CAKE - FARM FLAVOR RECIPE
UPSIDE-DOWN PEAR TART RECIPE - BAKER RECIPES®
UPSIDE-DOWN PEAR TART - BIGOVEN.COM
CARAMELIZED UPSIDE-DOWN PEAR TART - BIGOVEN.COM
PEAR TART WITH BOURBON CARAMEL SAUCE - FORK IN THE KITCHEN
CARAMELIZED PEAR UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - BOULDER LOCAVORE®
A SUPER SIMPLE WAY TO MAKE A DELICIOUS UPSIDE-DOWN PEAR TART
CARAMELIZED PEAR UPSIDE DOWN PIE - GOODIE GODMOTHER
ASTRAY RECIPES: UPSIDE DOWN PEAR TART
WEEK 3: UPSIDE-DOWN TART - CARAMELIZED UPSIDE DOWN PEAR TART …
PEAR AND CARDAMOM CARAMEL UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE - LEITE'S …
ASTRAY RECIPES: CARAMELIZED UPSIDE-DOWN PEAR TART
CARAMELIZED PEAR UPSIDE-DOWN GINGERBREAD | WILLIAMS SONOMA
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love