CARROT CUPCAKES WITH ORANGE ICING
These delightful cupcakes are great as soon as they've cooled, but their carrot-cake moistness and hint of spice really come through the day after they're baked.
Provided by Melissa Roberts
Yield Makes 12 cupcakes
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Make cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- Coarsely grate enough carrots to measure 2 cups using large teardrop holes of a box grater.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Whisk together oil, eggs, brown sugar, grated carrots, and vanilla in a large bowl, then stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide batter among muffin cups and bake until golden and a wooden pick inserted into center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely on rack, about 1 hour more.
- Make icing:
- Sift confectioners sugar into a bowl. Whisk in zest and 2 tablespoons juice until smooth. If icing is too thick, add more juice, 1 teaspoon at a time. Dip top of each cupcake into icing, letting excess drip off. Put a carrot curl on top of each and let icing set, about 15 minutes.
CARROT-GINGER LAYER CAKE WITH ORANGE CREAM-CHEESE FROSTING
Sweet, edible ribbons wrap this cream-cheese frosted two-tiered carrot cake. They're made from thinly sliced carrot strips, cooked in sugar and water until translucent, then gently pressed into the cake's cream cheese frosting. Martha made this recipe on "Martha Bakes" episode 712.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes one 8-inch layer cake
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter two 8-by-2-inch round cake pans. Line with parchment paper and butter. Dust pans with flour and tap out any excess. Set aside. Spread pecans in a single layer on an ungreased baking pan and toast in oven until lightly golden, about 7 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand until completely cool. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees. Finely chop pecans and set aside.
- Place carrots, eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, sugar, and ginger in a large bowl; mix until well combined.
- Into a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Using a rubber spatula, fold the flour mixture into the carrot mixture until combined. Fold in the butter and toasted pecans.
- Divide batter between the two cake pans and bake until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Remove pans from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool, about 15 minutes. Turn cakes out onto rack; let stand until completely cool.
- Using a serrated knife, trim tops of cakes so surfaces are level. Place a layer on a cake stand or cardboard round and spread 3/4 cup frosting over top. Place the second cake layer on top and spread the remaining frosting over the top and sides of assembled cake. Transfer to refrigerator and chill 3 to 4 hours.
- For the candied carrot strips, set a wire rack over a baking pan. Using fingers, lift one candied carrot strip from the sugar syrup, holding it over the container. With the thumb and forefinger of your other hand, gently squeeze the carrot strip and slide your fingers along its length, removing as much excess syrup as possible; lay the carrot strip on the wire rack. Repeat with remaining carrot strips.
- Decorate cake with candied carrot strips as desired. Cut cake and serve.
CARROT CUPCAKES WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE ICING
This is a very moist and light carrot muffin. It's not too sweet and not greasy like other carrot muffins/cakes. The White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing adds just enough sweetness to round it off.
Provided by BAKERAMA
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- In small saucepan, melt white chocolate over low heat. Stir until smooth, and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in white chocolate, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and orange extract. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar until the mixture is fluffy. Mix in heavy cream.
- Beat together the eggs, white sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl, and mix in the oil and vanilla. Fold in carrots and pineapple. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Mix flour mixture into the carrot mixture until evenly moist. Fold in 1/2 cup walnuts. Transfer to the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks before topping with the icing and sprinkling with remaining walnuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 639.1 calories, Carbohydrate 84.7 g, Cholesterol 76.2 mg, Fat 32.2 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 12.7 g, Sodium 317.4 mg, Sugar 69.2 g
CARROT BUNDT® CAKE WITH ORANGE-BOURBON GLAZE
This Bundt® cake has all the spice and texture of a traditional carrot cake, but uses a non-creamy, orange-bourbon glaze which is perfect for those sensitive to dairy. Garnish with coarsely grated orange zest.
Provided by Brett Profitt
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch (12-cup) fluted tube pan (such as Bundt®).
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, allspice, and ginger in a medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl until slightly lightened in color. Add carrots and stir to coat. Fold in dry ingredients with a rubber spatula or large spoon until just barely combined with some small clumps; don't use a hand mixer. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the middle comes out mostly clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Transfer pan to a cooling rack and let cool, right-side up, for 15 minutes. Invert pan onto a plate and gently tap to remove the cake. Let cool completely.
- While cake is cooling, whisk butter, orange juice, orange zest, and bourbon together in a small saucepan over medium heat for glaze until boiling. Boil to fuse flavors, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and add powdered sugar, a small amount at a time, whisking until smooth before adding more. When glaze is at your desired consistency, liberally spoon over mostly-cooled cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 452.1 calories, Carbohydrate 64.9 g, Cholesterol 72.2 mg, Fat 19.4 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Sodium 435.6 mg, Sugar 46.2 g
CARROT-ORANGE CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- For cake:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly butter 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Line bottom with waxed paper; butter paper. Using electric mixer, beat oil and both sugars in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange juice and peel. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt into large bowl; add to sugar mixture and beat to blend. Stir in carrots and raisins.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Transfer pan to rack. Cool cake 15 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack. Remove waxed paper and cool. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Wrap tightly in plastic and store at room temperature.)
- For Frosting:
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl until light. Beat in orange juice and 2 teaspoons orange peel. Add sugar; beat until smooth. Refrigerate until thick enough to spread, about 30 minutes.
- Using serrated knife, cut cake horizontally into 2 equal layers. Place 1 cake layer on platter. Spread with 1 1/2 cups frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. Using icing spatula, spread remaining frosting in thick decorative swirls over top and side of cake. (Carrot cake can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover with cake dome and refrigerate.) Serve cake cold or at room temperature.
More about "carrot cupcakes with orange icing recipes"
CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES WITH ORANGE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins See details »
CARROT AND ORANGE CUPCAKES - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice mix, and salt. Give them a mix to combine.
- Now add in the eggs, sugar, coconut oil, orange zest, vanilla extract, grated carrots and the raisins in orange juice (add the orange juice in too). Stir everything together using a wooden spoon until just combined.
CARROT CUPCAKES WITH ORANGE ICING | VEGGIE DESSERTS
Estimated Reading Time 9 mins
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then beat in the carrot, vanilla and orange zest.
CARROT COOKIES WITH ORANGE ICING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Calories 78Saturated Fat 2g 9%Cholesterol 21mg 7%Total Fat 6g 8% See details »
10 BEST CARROT CAKE WITH ORANGE JUICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
CARROT CUPCAKES WITH ORANGE FROSTING | RECIPE | CUISINE FIEND
See details »
CARROT CAKE WITH ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - BEST ...
Cuisine BritishCategory Baking Days, Cake Time, Sweet TreatsServings 12Total Time 1 hr
- In a large bowl or electric mixer, whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs and golden syrup until fully combined. Now mix in the remaining cake ingredients and pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until nicely risen and firm but springy when lightly pressed. Insert a skewer if it comes out clean, the cake is ready. Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile prepare the frosting, place the sifted icing sugar into a large bowl and add the butter and orange juice. Beat together with a large wooden spoon until light and creamy. Now add the cream cheese and orange zest and mix until smooth. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until firm enough to spread.
CARROT CAKE RECIPE WITH ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
CARROT AND SULTANA CAKE WITH CREAMY ORANGE FROSTING RECIPE ...
Category Cakes And Baking
- Place the flour, sultanas, pecans, orange zest, cinnamon, grated nutmeg, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and beat in the egg mixture until smooth. Stir in the carrots. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and smooth the surface.
- Remove the cake from the oven and set aside to cool in the tin for five minutes. Remove the cake from the tin and set aside to cool on a wire rack.
- For the icing, sift the icing sugar into a large bowl and add the butter and orange juice. Beat together with a large wooden spoon until light and creamy.
ORANGE-CARROT CAKE & CLASSIC CREAM CHEESE FROSTING RECIPE ...
5/5 (11)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsServings 8-10
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spread chopped pecans on a sheet pan, and toast at 375° for 5 minutes; set aside to cool. Line 2 greased 9-inch round cake pans with wax paper, and set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Sift together flour and next 4 ingredients. Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed. Reduce speed to medium-low, and add eggs 1 at a time, blending well after each addition. Add milk and half of flour mixture; blend well. Add remaining flour mixture gradually for a smoother batter.
- Stir in orange zest and juice, vanilla, grated carrot, and toasted nuts. Divide batter evenly into prepared cake pans, and bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted into center of cake comes out clean. (Layers may sink a bit in the middle.)
- Let layers cool in pans 10 minutes; transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool completely. Top 1 layer with Cream Cheese Frosting; add second layer; frost top and sides of cake.
CARROT CAKE WITH ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Place the walnuts on a baking sheet and bake until lightly browned. Bake for approximately 4-6 minutes and stir every couple of minutes to prevent from burning.
- Sprinkle the coconut over a separate baking sheet. Bake for approximately 4-6 minutes and stir every couple of minutes to brown evenly and to prevent from burning. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and blend well. Set aside.
CARROT CAKE WITH HONEY-ORANGE FROSTING | BETTER HOMES ...
- Allow eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease and flour three 9x5x3-inch loaf pans. Set pans aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, carrots, pecans, and oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir until well combined. Pour batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
THE BEST CARROT CAKE WITH ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING RECIPE
See details »
CARROT COOKIES WITH ORANGE ICING | SIMPLE AND HEALTHY
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, oat flour, flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Add the carrots, walnuts, and raisins. With a rubber spatula, stir to combine.
- In a separate medium bowl, briskly whisk together the honey, applesauce, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. If your coconut oil resolidifies, pop the mixture in the microwave for a few seconds, then stir until smooth. Pour the liquid mixture into the oat mixture and fold in by hand, just until combined. The dough will be thick, wet, and sticky.
- With a large cookie scoop or 1/4 cup measure, portion the dough by 1/4 cupfuls onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between each. Carefully flatten each cookie to be about 3/4 inch thick. If the dough is sticking to your hands, wet your palms slightly to make the process easier.
CARROT CUPCAKES WITH MASCARPONE ICING RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
CARROT CAKE WITH ORANGE BLOSSOM FROSTING — CLODAGH MCKENNA
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
CARROT & ORANGE CAKE WITH BUTTERCREAM ICING - FROM THE ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
CARROT CUPCAKES WITH ORANGE ICING RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
See details »
GOURMET FROSTING RECIPES FOR CUPCAKES
See details »
VEGAN CARROT LOAF CAKE WITH ORANGE ICING | TINNED TOMATOES
See details »
CARROT CAKE WITH ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING RECIPE ...
See details »
CARROT CUPCAKES WITH ORANGE ICING – STORYLESS RECIPES
See details »
CARROT CUPCAKES WITH ORANGE ICING- TFRECIPES
See details »
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #cupcakes #desserts #eggs-dairy #vegetables #american #kid-friendly #kosher #vegetarian #cakes #grains #eggs #dietary #gifts #pasta-rice-and-grains #carrots #novelty #taste-mood #sweet #to-go #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love