CHICKEN FRIED STEAKS AND CREAMED PAN GRAVY WITH BISCUITS
- Preheat large, heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Set steaks on to a waxed paper lined work surface and cover with another piece of waxed paper. Pound steaks to 1/4-inch thick. Pull steaks off work surface and set to the side. Line work surface with more waxed paper. Pour 1/2 cup flour into 2 piles on opposite sides of the work space. Add cornmeal, paprika, salt and pepper to 1 pile of flour. Beat eggs and water in a pie plate or shallow dish.
- Cut steaks into 4 portions and coat in flour, eggs, then seasoned flour and cornmeal.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to hot pan and cook 2 steaks at a time. Brown steaks about 2 minutes per side, or until cooked and remove from the pan. Add 2 tablespoons more oil and repeat with remaining 2 steaks. Remove steaks to serving platter and pour off all but 2 to 3 tablespoons of drippings. Add 2 tablespoons flour to drippings and cook 2 minutes. Whisk in broth and season with salt and pepper. Whisk half and half or cream into gravy. When gravy bubbles, remove from heat.
- Serve steaks and warm biscuits with gravy on top.
FRIED CHICKEN WITH CREAMY GRAVY
Seasoned fried chicken is served with a rich gravy made from the pan drippings. It's down home goodness that's definitely not for dieters! Takes some preparation, but is definitely worth it. Enjoy!
Provided by Gina
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a medium bowl, beat together 1/2 cup milk and egg. In a resealable plastic bag, mix together the flour, garlic salt, paprika, pepper and poultry seasoning. Place chicken in bag, seal, and shake to coat. Dip chicken in milk and egg mixture, then once more in flour mixture. Reserve any remaining flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Place coated chicken in the hot oil, and brown on all sides. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking chicken until tender, about 30 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet, and drain on paper towels.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the frying oil. Over low heat, stir in 2 tablespoons of the reserved flour mixture. Stirring constantly, cook about 2 minutes. Whisk in chicken stock, scraping browned bits off bottom of skillet. Stir in 1 cup milk, and bring all to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 5 minutes. Serve immediately with the chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507.2 calories, Carbohydrate 18.6 g, Cholesterol 141.8 mg, Fat 29 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 40.5 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 588.3 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
FRIED CHICKEN AND BISCUITS WITH RED-EYE GRAVY, ROMAINE SLAW AND LEMON JAM
- For the chicken: Combine the buttermilk, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken thighs and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- For the cheddar biscuits: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and mix.
- Add the shortening and butter and mix on low speed until the mixture resembles cornmeal. Add the cheese and mix. Slowly stir in the buttermilk while mixing, just until combined; do not over mix.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to about an inch in thickness; be careful not to overwork the dough. Cut, using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, and place the biscuits on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Brush with melted butter. Bake until the tops are just golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- For the lemon jam: Put the lemon slices in a small saucepot and cover with 1 1/2 cups water and the sugar. Cook on low heat for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has cooked down to a syrup consistency.
- For the red-eye gravy: Make a roux by combining the butter and flour in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes. Add the brewed and ground espresso, milk, cream and sausage, and stir well to incorporate the roux. Add the hot sauce, paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low heat until the mixture has a thick, gravy consistency, about 45 minutes.
- For the romaine slaw: Combine the romaine, sour cream, olive oil, red onions, chives, pickled jalapenos and salt and pepper to taste in a large salad bowl and toss well.
- To finish the fried chicken: Heat a few inches of canola oil in a fryer or deep skillet to 320 degrees F. Combine the flour, salt, pepper and smoked paprika in a shallow bowl. Drain the thighs in a colander, and then dredge in the flour mixture. Fry a few pieces at a time in the hot oil until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and has a golden brown crust.
- For each serving, place a dollop of red-eye gravy in the center of the plate. Cut a biscuit in half and place the bottom half atop the gravy. Top with a fried chicken thigh, another dollop of gravy, a fried egg, 1/2 cup romaine slaw and a dollop of lemon jam. Place the top half of the biscuit on top and drizzle with 1/2 cup more gravy. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
DEEP-FRIED CREAMY CHICKEN GRAVY
These came out a lot creamier than what I was after, so these chicken croquettes are more like deep-fried chicken gravy. Still, they're delicious. If you reduce the amount of butter and milk, you'll come closer to what I was after.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until onions begin to turn translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup flour and cook until flour loses its raw taste, 3 or 4 minutes. Add black pepper, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper; stir. Remove from heat.
- Pour milk into butter-onion mixture to make the bechamel sauce. Whisk until incorporated. Return pan to medium-high heat and continue whisking until mixture thickens, 1 or 2 minutes; continue to cook and stir 3 or 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in salt.
- Place chopped chicken, ham, and parsley in bowl. Add bechamel sauce and mix thoroughly. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, 2 or 3 hours.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place 1 cup flour, beaten eggs, and bread crumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls.
- Scoop out chilled mixture into evenly-sized portions (about the size of a golf ball) to form croquettes. Roll balls first in flour, then in beaten eggs, and then in bread crumbs.
- Fry croquettes in batches until crispy, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels and transfer to rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247.5 calories, Carbohydrate 20.8 g, Cholesterol 57.8 mg, Fat 13.3 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 10.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 334.6 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
CRISPY OVEN FRIED CHICKEN WITH GRAVY
Wonderfully browned oven baked chicken that tastes as good as fried. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and delicious chicken gravy for a real comfort food dinner your family will love.
Provided by Marie
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place the chicken in salted water for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place vegetable oil and margarine in shallow baking pan and set in oven to heat and melt.
- Combine flour and seasonings in a plastic bag.
- Shake pieces of chicken in flour mixture.
- Remove hot pan from oven and arrange chicken pieces on it, skin side down being sure not to crowd.
- Place pan in oven and bake 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken so that the skin side is up and continue to bake 20 to 30 minutes more until nicely browned and juices run clear.
- Remove to a platter and keep warm allowing to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- For gravy, scrape baking pan and place 3 tablespoons of the accumulated cooking fat and browned bits into a saucepan.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of flour and cook 1-2 minutes until well combined.
- Stir in 2 cups chicken broth and continue cooking and whisking until gravy boils and thickens.
- Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN WITH BISCUITS
This one-dish chicken and biscuit recipe saves clean-up time. A 1970s version suggested topping the chicken with drained canned peach halves after adding the biscuits to the pan.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. In shallow bowl, stir 1/2 cup Bisquick mix, the salt, paprika and pepper. Coat chicken with Bisquick mixture; place skin sides down in pan. Bake 35 minutes.
- In medium bowl, stir all biscuit ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Turn chicken, pushing pieces to one side of pan. Drop dough by 8 (1/4-cup) spoonfuls into pan in single layer next to chicken. Bake about 15 minutes longer or until biscuits are light golden brown and juice of chicken is clear when thickest piece is cut to bone (170°F for breasts; 180°F for thighs and legs).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 640, Carbohydrate 56 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 2 g, Protein 41 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1720 mg, Sugar 4 g, TransFat 3 1/2 g
CHICKEN FRIED BISCUITS AND GRAVY
- Place chicken breasts in plastic bag with 2 cups buttermilk. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Cook buttermilk biscuits as directed on package. Once done, keep warm in the oven.
- In skillet, brown breakfast sausage. Do NOT drain.
- Once cooked, add 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoons browning seasoning and 2 cups milk. Keep on med-low and mix. (You may add more flour or milk for desired consistency).
- While browning sausage, heat shortening in electric skillet to 350°F
- In bowl, mix 2 cups flour and seasoning salt (optional).
- Dip each chicken breast in the flour mixture to coat.
- Place in the electric skillet and cook until center is no longer pink, turning once.
- Cut buttermilk biscuit in half and place on plate.
- Place fried chicken breast on top of biscuit.
- On top of chicken, sprinkle cheddar cheese.
- Pour gravy on top and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2289.6, Fat 170, SaturatedFat 52.5, Cholesterol 219.6, Sodium 2608.4, Carbohydrate 113.1, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 14.6, Protein 76.5
More about "chicken fried biscuits and gravy recipes"
COUNTRY FRIED CHICKEN WITH GRAVY • ZONA COOKS
BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN WITH SMOKY GRAVY RECIPE
10 BEST CHICKEN GRAVY WITH BISCUITS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BISCUITS AND ROASTED CHICKEN GRAVY | NOMAD WITH COOKIES
FRIED CHICKEN BISCUITS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN WITH BISCUITS AND GRAVY
CREAMY CHICKEN GRAVY AND BISCUITS - MY RECIPE …
CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN
CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN WITH COUNTRY GRAVY - FAVORITE …
CLASSIC RECIPES: SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN WITH BISCUITS AND …
CHICKEN AND GRAVY AND BISCUITS - COOKEATSHARE
CHICKEN GRAVY OVER BISCUITS – CHARLOTTES HAPPY HOME
CHICKEN BISCUITS AND GRAVY RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
FRIED CHICKEN WITH GRAVY | LOUISIANA KITCHEN & CULTURE
EASY CHICKEN GRAVY (ONE POT) | ONE POT RECIPES
FRIED CHICKEN BISCUIT SANDWICH RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
CHICKEN, BISCUITS & GRAVY RECIPE - IN THE KITCHEN WITH HONEYVILLE
THE HEART ATTACK - OH SWEET BASIL
CHICKEN FRIED BISCUITS AND GRAVY RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CREAMY SAUSAGE GRAVY FOR BISCUITS, FRIED CHICKEN OR CHICKEN FRIED …
CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN WITH GRAVY - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
EASY FRIED BISCUITS - LITTLE COOKS READING BOOKS
FRIED CHICKEN CUTLETS AND COUNTRY GRAVY - THE SEASONED MOM
DENNY'S BISCUITS AND GRAVY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
JUICY CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN WITH HOMEMADE GRAVY
HORMEL | RECIPES
CHICKEN BISCUITS WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY - SUGAR DISH ME
FRIED CHICKEN BISCUITS WITH SAUSAGE GRAVY - PONTCHARTRAIN KITCHEN
COUNTRY FRIED CHICKEN AND GRAVY - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
CHICKEN FRIED BISCUITS AND GRAVY FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
10 BEST CHICKEN GRAVY WITH BISCUITS RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRIED CHICKEN COUNTRY GRAVY - LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN
OVEN FRIED BUTTERMILK CHICKEN & GRAVY – AUNT BEE'S RECIPES
CHICKEN FRIED STEAK RECIPE WITH GRAVY - HOME. MADE. INTEREST.
CHICKEN AND GRAVY BISCUIT SANDWICH - SIMPLY MADE RECIPES
HOW TO COOK FRIED CHICKEN GRAVY - D2XITBMV34XDT0.CLOUDFRONT.NET
CHICKEN FRIED STEAK BITES • ZONA COOKS
RECIPE: BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN, BISCUITS AND MILK GRAVY
FRIED CHICKEN WITH GRAVY : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #breakfast #main-dish #pork #poultry #chicken #meat #pork-sausage #chicken-breasts #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken fried chicken with gravy?Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and allow the gravy to gently simmer for about 5 minutes. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper to your taste. If it’s too thick add additional milk. Serve the Southern pepper gravy drizzled over the chicken fried chicken and garnish with more black pepper, if desired.
How do you make fried chicken with biscuits?Allow warm biscuits to cool slightly then split in half. Put a piece of fried chicken on a biscuit and top with gravy. Tip: I like to finish off with a little sprinkle of green onions if I have any available.
What kind of gravy is in country fried chicken?Country Fried Chicken with Gravy has juicy, tender, seasoned crispy oven baked breaded chicken smothered in white southern style milk and pepper gravy. This small batch comfort food recipe serves 2 and makes a great lunch or date night dinner.
How do you make homemade biscuits?Taste sauce and add salt and pepper if needed. If using store-bought, bake biscuits according to directions or use my Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe to bake your own homemade biscuits. Allow warm biscuits to cool slightly then split in half. Put a piece of fried chicken on a biscuit and top with gravy.