BRAISED CHICKEN WITH TOMATOES, OLIVES AND CAPERS
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories dinner, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Put the oil in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. When it's hot, add the chicken, skin side down. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook undisturbed, adjusting the heat so the chicken doesn't burn, until the pieces are browned on the bottom and release easily from the skillet, 5 to 10 minutes. Continue cooking, turning the chicken every few minutes, until it's brown all over, 5 to 10 minutes more. Remove the chicken from the pan and pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
- Add the onions and capers and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and tomatoes; cook until the mixture starts to bubble and the tomatoes thicken slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the wine and let the mixture bubble for another 2 minutes.
- Add the olives and thyme, and return the chicken to the skillet, nestling the pieces into the sauce. Adjust the heat so the liquid bubbles gently but steadily, then cover the skillet. Cook, turning the chicken every 10 minutes or so and adding a splash of stock or water if the sauce looks too dry, until the chicken is tender and cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes (an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh should read 155 to 165). Taste the sauce, and adjust the seasoning. Garnish with the parsley, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 675, UnsaturatedFat 30 grams, Carbohydrate 17 grams, Fat 45 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 46 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Sodium 1297 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH TOMATOES, OLIVES AND CAPERS
This first appeared in Cooking Light several years ago. As presented, it includes my changes to make the dish a bit more saucy and fully flavored.
Provided by justcallmetoni
Categories Chicken Thigh & Leg
Yield 2 thighs per serving, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add garlic to pan and sauté 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients; scrape pan to loosen brown bits.
- Return chicken and accumulated juices to pan. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 224.4, Fat 8.2, SaturatedFat 1.8, Cholesterol 114.5, Sodium 257.6, Carbohydrate 8.7, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 4.2, Protein 29.2
CHICKEN WITH TOMATOES, CAPERS AND OLIVES
With a little practice and a little added flavor, a humble chicken breast can be anything you want.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories dinner, easy, main course
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 425. Combine 2 or 3 chopped tomatoes, the juice of .5 lemon, 1 teaspoon capers and a handful of olives.
- Lightly grease the pan with olive oil, then put the chicken in the pan and pour the tomato mixture over it.
- Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Garnish: Chopped basil.
ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH TOMATOES, OLIVES, AND FETA
Roasting chicken thighs with tomatoes and olives couldn't be simpler. The resulting tender meat and crisp skin are set off by mint for freshness and briny feta. Serve with crusty bread.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Ingredients Meat & Poultry Chicken Chicken Thighs
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine chicken, oil, tomatoes, olives, shallots, and thyme in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and spread chicken mixture, skin side up, in a single layer. Roast until a thermometer inserted into thickest parts of the thighs (do not touch bones) reaches 165 degrees, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and loosely cover with foil. Return vegetables to oven and roast until golden brown in places, about 10 minutes more. Transfer vegetables and accumulated juices to platter with chicken, and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with mint and feta.
BRAISED CHICKEN LEGS AND THIGHS WITH TOMATOES, POTATOES, OLIVES AND CAPERS
One-pot dinners are a home cook's best friend. The mission: Get dinner on the table without much fuss--and should there be leftovers, they must be delicious the following day. When I was working my way up as a chef, this is a dish I made often for staff meals. The stew was a crowd-pleaser then, and remains a favorite with my family. If you're really pressed for time, skip the flour-dredging step. Just be sure to brown the chicken thoroughly, and it will still taste amazing, though the sauce might be slightly thinner.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Let the chicken come to room temperature, then pat the pieces dry and season with salt and pepper. Place the flour in a shallow, flat container and dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess. Set aside.
- In a large heavy-bottomed skillet or a Dutch oven designed for braising, heat the oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the butter, let it melt and heat until it begins to turn brown, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a large platter and set aside.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the skillet and return the skillet to the stovetop over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Add the wine and deglaze the pan, scraping the brown bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon, and cook until the wine has reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the stock and tomatoes and raise the heat to high and bring the liquid to a boil. The add the potatoes, olives, capers, and thyme, and stir to combine. Bring the liquid to a boil again, then reduce the heat to low so the liquid is simmering, and return the chicken to the pan. Cover and cook until the chicken is tender and the potatoes can be easily pierced with a knife, 25 to 35 minutes.
- To serve, place one chicken leg and one thigh in each of four shallow bowls. Spoon the sauce on top, getting some of the tomatoes, potatoes, olives and capers in each portion. Serve immediately.
- Place the chicken, carrots, celery, onion, parsley and thyme in an 8-quart stockpot. Add enough water to come up to 2 inches from the top of the pot. Place the pot over high heat and bring the liquid to a lively simmer--do not let the liquid boil. As soon as the liquid starts to simmer, reduce the heat so that you maintain a lively simmer throughout. (This could be anywhere from low to medium heat depending on the strength of your range.) Skim off any gray scum that floats to the top of the stock. Cook the stock, uncovered, for about 2 1/2 hours -- it should reduce in volume by one-quarter to one-third. Strain the stock through a fine-mesh strainer into a large bowl or clean stockpot, pressing on the solids in the strainer to extract all the liquid. If you like, season with salt to taste--I prefer to keep my stock salt-free.
- Use right away or transfer to air tight containers and refrigerate or freeze. The stock will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
SPANISH CHICKEN LEGS AND THIGHS WITH OLIVES AND CAPERS
This chicken dish has intense flavors! Serve this with hot cooked linguini or spaghetti if desired and crusty rolls on the side. The complete recipe can be doubled.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Categories Chicken Thigh & Leg
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a large plastic bag combine flour, seasoning salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and black pepper (if using); shake bag to combine spices.
- Add in chicken pieces one at a time, shaking to coat with flour mixture.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil and brown chicken on all sides for about 5-6 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned, adding in more oil if needed.
- Add in the tomatoes with juice, potatoes, onion, garlic, wine, capers (if using) and herbs; bring to boiling, reduce heat and cover with a lid.
- Simmer for about 40 minutes, or until chicken is done and no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken and transfer to a large serving dish, cover with foil to keep warm or place in a 200 degree oven.
- In a small bowl or cup combine the water with cornstarch; add/stir into tomato mixture in the Dutch oven, and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring with a spoon.
- Pour the tomato mixture over the chicken in a large serving dish/bowl.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if desired and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1076.6, Fat 55.9, SaturatedFat 13.7, Cholesterol 282.6, Sodium 716.5, Carbohydrate 66.8, Fiber 9.7, Sugar 9.3, Protein 70.6
PROVENCAL CHICKEN WITH TOMATOES, OLIVES, AND BASIL
Serve with some crusty bread.
Provided by Janet Fletcher
Categories Chicken Garlic Herb Olive Tomato Sauté Dinner Basil Summer Bon Appétit Paleo Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add chicken, skin side down. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to platter. Pour off all but 1 1/2 tablespoons drippings. Cool skillet 2 minutes; return to low heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add tomatoes and wine. Increase heat to medium; bring to simmer, scraping up any browned bits. Cook until tomatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Return chicken, skin side up, to skillet. Bring mixture to boil. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plate. Add last 4 ingredients to sauce in skillet. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer until sauce thickens, about 4 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken; serve.
FLATTENED CHICKEN WITH TOMATOES, OLIVES & CAPERS
Eating on your own needn't mean beans on toast, as this 20-minute supper proves
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Split the chicken breast almost in half and open it out like a book. Bash with a rolling pin to flatten, then lightly coat in the seasoned flour. Heat the oil in a pan, add the chicken and cook for 3-4 mins on each side until crisp, browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the tomato, capers, olives and wine to the pan, season to taste, then bring to the boil. Bubble the sauce for 2-3 mins until the tomatoes are starting to break down, then spoon over the chicken and scatter with chopped herbs. Delicious with steamed potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 339 calories, Fat 17 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 36 grams protein, Sodium 2.78 milligram of sodium
CHICKEN IN TOMATO-CAPER SAUCE
This is what I call an easy crowd-pleaser. I like to serve this entree with pasta and a nice salad. If you don't have capers, try using diced green olives instead. -Shemaine Rohrbach, Allentown, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides; remove from pan., In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, spinach, capers, basil and cayenne. Return chicken to pan. Cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink., Sprinkle with cheeses. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 392 calories, Fat 16g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 111mg cholesterol, Sodium 545mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 45g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "chicken thighs with tomatoes olives and capers recipes"
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH TOMATOES, OLIVES, & CAPERS RECIPE
4/5 (3)Calories 174 per servingServings 4
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients; scrape pan to loosen browned bits. Return chicken and accumulated juice to pan; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH TOMATOES AND CAPERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 205 per servingTotal Time 25 mins
ROASTED CHICKEN W OLIVES, ROSEMARY & CAPERS - CHEF MIKE WARD
CRISPY CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CAPER SAUCE - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH TOMATOES OLIVES AND CAPERS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CHICKEN TOMATO AND CAPERS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND CAPERS RECIPE - OPRAH.COM
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH KALAMATA OLIVES RECIPE
BAKED MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN BREASTS WITH TOMATOES, OLIVES, …
MEDITERRANEAN ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH OLIVES AND TOMATOES
SICILIAN SKILLET CHICKEN WITH LEMON, OLIVES, AND CAPERS …
TOMATO-BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH OLIVES & CAPERS
CHICKEN WITH CAPERS AND OLIVES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SHEET PAN LEMON CHICKEN WITH POTATOES, TOMATOES, AND CAPERS …
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH TOMATOES AND CAPERS RECIPE
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH TOMATO CAPER SAUCE - RENEE'S KITCHEN …
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH TOMATO SAUCE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CHICKEN WITH OLIVES & CAPERS - JAMIE GELLER
PAN-FRIED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH OLIVES AND TOMATOES
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH OLIVE, TOMATO AND CAPER DRESSING
BAKED CHICKEN WITH TOMATOES, OLIVES AND CAPERS RECIPE (VARIATIONS …
CHICKEN RECIPE WITH CAPERS - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH TOMATOES, OLIVES AND CAPERS RECIPE
CHICKEN THIGH AND TOMATOES RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
RECIPE CHICKEN OLIVES CAPERS TOMATOES - CREATE THE MOST …
CHICKEN DRY WITHOUT TOMATO - NOURISHEDBYLIFE.COM
TUSCAN CHICKEN THIGHS WITH BLACK OLIVES AND CAPERS
RECIPE: GREEK-INSPIRED CHICKEN BAKES OVER ORZO WITH OLIVES, …
ITALIAN BRAISED CHICKEN WITH TOMATOES AND OLIVES
CHICKEN WITH SPICED TOMATO, CAPER & OLIVE SAUCE - RECIPE
CHICKEN PUTTANESCA - LOW CARB WITH PALEO & WHOLE30 OPTIONS
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH OLIVES AND CAPERS | WILLIAMS SONOMA
EASY CHICKEN THIGHS WITH TOMATOES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love