SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CAKE
The ultimate in moist chocolate cakes, this Sour Cream Chocolate Cake is a great take-along dessert for picnics and potlucks. Top with sour cream frosting for a delicious chocolate dessert.
Provided by Julie Clark
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 10x15 inch (4-4.5 quart) glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into another large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the wet mixture and sour cream to the dry ingredients and beat with an electric mixer just until well blended. Add the boiling water then stir until combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until a toothpick or knife is inserted into the center of the cake and comes out clean. Set the cake aside to cool.
- Microwave the butter in a microwave safe bowl just until melted. Stir in the semi-sweet and unsweetened chocolate. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate is melted.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted chocolate and butter mixture, powdered sugar, sour cream, and vanilla; beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spread the frosting evenly onto the cooled to room temperature cake.
- Makes 18 servings. Leftover cake should be covered tightly and refrigerated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 607 kcal, Carbohydrate 90 g, Protein 5 g, Fat 27 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, Cholesterol 97 mg, Sodium 435 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 71 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM CAKE WITH SOUR CREAM FROSTING
Originally from "Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor...". This makes the most divine, moist cake and then, combine it with the frosting...Heaven on a plate! Prep time does not include cooling time for the cake.
Provided by Dragonfly AZ
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Grease and flour 2 9 inch cake pans.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all cake ingredients in mixing bowl and beat at low speed for about a minute, scraping bowl constantly, until well combined.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for about 2 minutes more.
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 28-32 minutes, or until they test done.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pans for about 10 minutes, then remove from pans and let cool completely.
- Melt butter over low heat or in the microwave and pour into mixing bowl.
- Add cocoa and whisk until smooth.
- With an electric mixer on low, alternately beat in sugar and sour cream until well mixed.
- Add vanilla and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Assemble cake in layers. Can store in refrigerator, tightly covered for up to a week (if it makes it that long!), or can be frozen, tightly covered for up to 6 months.
- Thaw in refrigerator overnight before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 399.6, Fat 23, SaturatedFat 8.7, Cholesterol 63.3, Sodium 328.5, Carbohydrate 48.6, Fiber 2, Sugar 34.5, Protein 4.4
DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE-SOUR CREAM FROSTING
Beat sour cream and a splash of coffee into melted chocolate for an outrageous frosting for rich chocolate cake.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter 2 9-inch round cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside. Bring 1 1/4 cups water and the milk to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Beat the butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add the sugar, increase the speed to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy, stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally, about 4 minutes. Add the cocoa and vanilla, and beat at medium speed for 1 minute. Reduce the speed to medium-low and add the eggs, one at a time, and beat for 1 minute between each addition. Reduce the mixer to low and beat in the flour in four additions. Carefully pour the hot milk mixture into the batter. Use a rubber spatula to stir until smooth. Evenly divide batter between the prepared pans and lightly tap the pans on the counter.
- Bake until the cakes begin to pull away from sides of the pan and the centers spring back to the touch, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool the cakes in the pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert onto the rack and cool completely.
- For the frosting: Bring about 1-inch of water to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Put the milk and semisweet chocolates in a heatproof bowl that sits comfortably in the saucepan without touching the water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate completely melts and is smooth. Let cool slightly and then stir in the sour cream, coffee and vanilla until smooth. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until the frosting is silky and fluffy. (Use the frosting right away as it will become firm as it sits.)
- Put one cake layer on a serving plate or platter spread about one-third of the frosting all the way to the edge of the cake. Put the second cake layer on top. Frost the top and sides with the remaining frosting.
SOUR CREAM DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9-inch round baking pans.
- Dissolve cocoa powder in boiling water in a bowl; set aside to cool completely.
- Beat white sugar and canola oil together in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth; add eggs, one at time, beating well after each addition. Stir vanilla extract into creamed mixture.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Mix flour mixture and sour cream alternately into the creamed mixture. Beat cocoa mixture into batter until incorporated. Pour batter into the prepared baking pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Wrap cakes in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.
- Beat butter in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth; scrape down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula. Mix confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, into the creamed butter until sugar is incorporated. Add salt and beat on medium-high until frosting is light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Place one cake on a serving plate; spread 1/4 the frosting on the top of cake. Place second cake on the frosting layer; spread 1/4 the frosting on second cake. Place the third cake atop the second cake. Spread the remaining frosting on the top cake and around sides of entire layer cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 657 calories, Carbohydrate 68.5 g, Cholesterol 113.8 mg, Fat 42.3 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 18.3 g, Sodium 312.1 mg, Sugar 46.9 g
SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CAKE
Impressive to look at but easy to make, this cake is a good old-fashioned "Sunday supper" dessert that melts in your mouth. -Marsha Lawson, Pflugerville, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Dissolve cocoa in boiling water; cool. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Add cocoa mixture and mix well. , Pour into 3 greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. , In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. If desired, decorate with sprinkles. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 692 calories, Fat 30g fat (18g saturated fat), Cholesterol 119mg cholesterol, Sodium 451mg sodium, Carbohydrate 102g carbohydrate (75g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 7g protein.
CHOCOLATE BUTTERMILK CAKE WITH A SOUR CREAM FROSTING
A lovely dark, moist cake. The frosting is creamy and refreshing and is nice on other cakes too. It's a recipe from Judith Olney.
Provided by PetsRus
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 10-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, continue beating until thick and light.
- Sieve together the cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and flour.
- With your mixer on low speed add the dry ingredients in 4 portions, alternating with the buttermilk and coffee, beat until all is very well blended.
- Pour the batter in the springform pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cake and let the cake cool completely whilst in the pan.
- Make the frosting just before you need it.
- Mix together the sour cream and the icing sugar, whip the cream until stiff, then mix the two creams together.
- Release the cake and turn it upside down on a platter.
- With a serrated knife cut the cake into layers (I use a piece of sewing thread to cut the cake).
- Spread frosting over one layer, carefully replace the other layer on the top and spread the rest of the frosting over the top and the sides.
- Leave in the fridge until ready to serve.
GOLDEN CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM FROSTING
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 2 (9- by 2-inch) round cake pans and line bottoms of each with rounds of wax or parchment paper. Butter paper and dust pans with flour, knocking out excess.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in vanilla. Add half of flour mixture and mix at low speed until just blended. Add sour cream, mixing until just combined, then add remaining flour mixture, mixing at low speed until batter is smooth.
- Divide batter between pans, smoothing tops. Bake in middle of oven until cake is springy to the touch and a tester comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool in pans on racks 10 minutes, then invert onto racks, remove paper, and cool completely.
- Trim tops of cooled cake layers with a long serrated knife if necessary to make flat and level. Halve each layer horizontally with serrated knife to make a total of 4 layers.
- Put 1 cake layer on a cake plate and spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Layer remaining cake layers using 3/4 cup frosting between each layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.
CHOCOLATE SHEET CAKE WITH SOUR CREAM FROSTING
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan. Whisk first 5 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating until well blended. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Beat in flour mixture in 4 additions alternately with 3/4 cup sour cream in 3 additions. Fold in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and almonds; spread in prepared pan. Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool cake. Meanwhile, combine remaining 3/4 cup sour cream and 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over very low heat just until chocolate melts and frosting is smooth (do not boil). Spread frosting over cake in pan. Let stand until frosting sets, at least 1 hour.
SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- Melt chocolate and the butter together. Let cool and blend in the sour cream, vanilla, and salt. Gradually add the confectioner's sugar until the frosting is of spreading consistency, beat well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 172.1 calories, Carbohydrate 27.5 g, Cholesterol 10.8 mg, Fat 7.6 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 0.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 62 mg, Sugar 26 g
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH SOUR CREAM
This luscious chocolate layer cake gets wonderful moistness from sour cream. Its irresistible topping and marvelous from-scratch goodness make it a classic! I keep the recipe handy for birthdays, holidays and other special occasions.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a large bowl, combine the chocolate, water sour cream, shortening, vanilla and eggs; mix well. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Beat on low speed just until moistened. Beat on high for 3 minutes. , Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. , In a large bowl, combine frosting ingredients. Beat until smooth and creamy. Spread between layers and over top and side of cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 477 calories, Fat 15g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 55mg cholesterol, Sodium 356mg sodium, Carbohydrate 84g carbohydrate (67g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
More about "chocolate sour cream cake with sour cream frosting recipes"
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4/5 (42)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Dessert, CakeCalories 423 per serving
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM CAKE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.8/5 (43)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Dessert, BakingCalories 551 per serving
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH SOUR CREAM FROSTING - READERSDIGEST.CA
CHOCOLATE-SOUR CREAM FROSTING | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CHOCOLATE-SOUR CREAM CAKE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM CAKE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH SOUR CREAM FROSTING - CONFESSIONS OF A …
SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CAKE - EAT, LITTLE BIRD
EASY AND DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM CAKE
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM FROSTING RECIPE - SHUGARY SWEETS
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM FROSTING RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH SOUR CREAM FROSTING — BROKEN SPOON BAKES
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM CAKE- SCRATCH RECIPE - MY CAKE SCHOOL
MY NEVER FAIL CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM CAKE RECIPE
SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | LIL' LUNA
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM CAKE - DESSERT FOR TWO
SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH COCONUT FROSTING - FINECOOKING
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM CAKE - COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM CAKE WITH FUDGY FROSTING - BETTER HOMES
WHIPPED CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM FROSTING RECIPE - SUGAR AND CHARM
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM FROSTING - KING ARTHUR BAKING
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM CAKE | RECIPES - HERSHEYLAND
EASY SOUR CREAM CAKE WITH CREAMY CHOCOLATE FROSTING
OLD FASHIONED SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CAKE - FOOD MEANDERINGS
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM FROSTING - SUGARHERO
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM CAKE (DOCTORED CAKE MIX) - MY CAKE SCHOOL
10 BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH SOUR CREAM AND PUDDING RECIPES
SOUR-CREAM CHOCOLATE LAYER CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SOUR CREAM CAKE ICING RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
DAISY BRAND SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
YELLOW LAYER CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE–SOUR CREAM FROSTING
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM BUNDT CAKE | THE BEST CAKE RECIPES
CHOCOLATE MAYONNAISE CAKE WITH SOUR CREAM FROSTING
SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CAKE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
1 HOUR EASY LUSCIOUS BETTY CROCKER DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE RECIPE
SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CAKE | THE BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE
GLAçAGE à LA CRèME SURE ET AU CHOCOLAT | CHOCOLATE FROSTING RECIPES ...
AMAZING CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE FROSTING - 5 …
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-large-groups #desserts #cakes #chocolate #number-of-servings
You'll also love