SOPA DE LIMA (MEXICAN LIME SOUP)
Hot or cold outside, this soup is light and refreshing. I first enjoyed this dish while sitting ocean-side in Mexico. Goes great with a margarita or beer and a side of chips and salsa. Use whatever chilies you want (hot or mild) depending on the amount of heat you enjoy. Serve in bowls with crushed tortilla chips or strips on top.
Provided by Amatre
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Bring the chicken broth, chicken breasts, red onion, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and thyme to a boil in a large pot; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the chicken breasts are no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove the cooked chicken to a cutting board and shred into bite-sized strips; return to the simmering pot.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook the green onions and green chile pepper in the hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir the tomatoes into the mixture and continue cooking until soft, about 5 minute more; pour the mixture into the pot with the chicken soup. Season with the salt; return the soup to a simmer. Add the lime juice and 1/2 a lime; cook another 10 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and remove the lime half; stir in the cilantro to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217.3 calories, Carbohydrate 21.8 g, Cholesterol 44.8 mg, Fat 7.2 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 18.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 1693.4 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
AVOCADO AND CILANTRO SOUP
The richness of this tasty chilled soup is balanced by the sharp injection of lime hot pepper sauce. An optional dash of Tequila adds an extra Southwestern kick.
Provided by Caliente-Mami
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large food processor, combine the avocado, shallot, chicken broth, tomato paste, hot pepper sauce, lime juice and tequila. Reserve a little bit of cilantro for garnish, then put the rest into the processor. Process until smooth. If you have an immersion blender, you may do this in a pot or large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- To serve, divide the soup between four chilled bowls. Top with a dollop of sour cream and a sprig of cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375.4 calories, Carbohydrate 22.3 g, Cholesterol 7.5 mg, Fat 31.5 g, Fiber 13.9 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 931.7 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
ABUELO'S CILANTRO LIME SOUP RECIPE
- 1. Remove skin and wings from chicken; cover with water and add chicken base. Cook chicken over medium heat for approximately 1 1/2 hours. Remove chicken and let cool; bone chicken and chop meat into small pieces. Save broth. Place canola oil in pan and heat. Add onion, tomato, garlic, oregano, chile powder, salt and chiles and saute until onions are translucent. Add corn, chicken, broth, chicken base and hominy. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes. Add lime juice and remove from heat. Add chopped cilantro. Nutritional analysis per serving: 151 calories, 4 grams fat, 8 grams carbohydrates, 23 grams protein, 30 milligrams cholesterol, 976 milligrams sodium, 21 percent of calories from fat You can cut the sodium down by omitting the base and salt
SPICY LIME & CILANTRO SOUP
This is a very spicy, lime & cilantro flavored soup that I came up with because I like Lime & chili flavored Ramen soup. I can't believe I admitted this on a cooking site :) This is not a thick soup, it's very thin and very flavorful and is low in fat, it's a combination of several recipes I have seen. This will clear up your sinuses! Great for a fast lunch.
Provided by Denise
Categories Clear Soup
Yield 2 cups, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place chicken stock, soy sauce, lime juice and Tobasco in a small sauce pan and simmer over low heat approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the desired pasta or vegetables and simmer until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357, Fat 6.6, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 14.4, Sodium 1770, Carbohydrate 54.1, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 9.2, Protein 19
CILANTRO LIME SOUP
- Heat broth in medium pot. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, tomatoes, bunch cilantro and chile. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer until cooked (about 10 minutes). Discard bunch cilantro.
- Add corn and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro and lime juice. Garnish with sour cream and baked tortilla strips (cut corn tortillas in strips, spray with cooking spray, bake in 350 degree oven until crisp).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223, Fat 8, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 36.3, Sodium 1021.6, Carbohydrate 19.1, Fiber 3, Sugar 5, Protein 20.4
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add chili powder; stir 1 minute. Add chicken; stir 2 minutes. Add broth, corn, tomatoes and 1/2 bunch cilantro sprigs to saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Discard cilantro sprigs. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill. Bring to simmer before continuing.)
- Add chopped cilantro and lime juice to soup. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with sour cream.
More about "cilantro lime soup recipes"
CILANTRO CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP - FOR THE LOVE OF GOURMET
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
CHICKEN AVOCADO CILANTRO LIME SOUP - NUTMEG NANNY
Reviews 14Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 4Total Time 40 mins See details »
(30 MINUTE) BLACK BEAN AND LIME SOUP - DELICIOUS LITTLE BITES
Ratings 4Calories 322 per servingCategory Appetizer, Main Dish, Soup See details »
ABUELO'S CILANTRO LIME SOUP RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 8Calories 380 per servingTotal Time 3 hrs See details »
CILANTRO LIME TACO SOUP RECIPE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY ...
4.5/5 See details »
10 BEST MEXICAN CILANTRO SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
CILANTRO-LIME SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Calories 64 per serving
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; saute until tender. Add broth and next 7 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Place tortilla strips on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Stir cilantro into hot broth mixture. To serve, ladle soup into individual bowls, and top evenly with tortilla strips.
CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN SOUP - TO SIMPLY INSPIRE
5/5 (3)Total Time 6 hrs 10 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 227 per serving See details »
SPICY CILANTRO LIME SEAFOOD SOUP RECIPE - FEARLESS EATING
5/5 (2)Category Main Course, SoupCuisine American, PeruvianTotal Time 45 mins
- Saute onion and hot pepper, if using, in olive oil or coconut oil for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and chili powder, if using, and saute another minute or two.
- Add fish broth, tomatoes and potatoes. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender about 10-15 minutes.
- Add seafood, two lime wedges and half of cilantro and simmer until mussels open, if using, or until seafood is cooked, about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove lime wedges but squeeze the juices into the soup. Season to taste with lime juice from remaining lime wedges and salt or fish sauce. Top with additional cilantro.
BLACK BEAN-TOMATO SOUP WITH CILANTRO-LIME CREAM RECIPE ...
5/5 (20)Calories 123 per servingServings 4
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in pan; set bacon aside. Add onion and celery to pan; cook 5 minutes or until celery is tender. Stir in 3/4 teaspoon cumin, chile powder, and garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in bacon, pepper, beans, tomatoes, and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Place half of bean mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining bean mixture; process until smooth. Keep warm.
- Combine sour cream, remaining 1/4 teaspoon cumin, cilantro, rind, and juice in a small bowl. Drizzle cream over soup.
CILANTRO-LIME RICE AND CHICKEN SOUP - MY COLOMBIAN RECIPES
- Place the chicken broth, cumin, cilantro, scallion and garlic in the blender and blend until well combined.
- In a large pot place the broth mixture, chicken, corn, peas, carrots, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the rice and continue simmering for 15 minutes more or until the rice is tender. Remove the chicken from the pot, then shred chicken into bite-size pieces and return it to the soup.
CHICKEN AND LIME SOUP - BUDGET BYTES
4.9/5 (179)Calories 203 per serving
- Dice the onion, celery, and jalapeño (scrape the seeds out of the jalapeño before dicing). Mince the garlic. Add the onion, celery, jalapeño, garlic, and olive oil to a large soup pot and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the chicken breast, chicken broth, diced tomatoes with chiles (with juices), oregano, and cumin to the pot. Place a lid on the pot, turn the heat up to high, and bring the broth up to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and let the pot simmer for 45 minutes.
- After simmering for 45 minutes, carefully remove the chicken breast from the pot and use two forks to shred the meat. Return the shredded meat to the pot. Squeeze the juice of one lime into the soup (2-3 Tbsp juice).
- Rinse the cilantro and then roughly chop the leaves. Add the chopped cilantro to the soup, give it a quick stir, then serve. Slice the avocado and add a few slices to each bowl.
PERUVIAN-STYLE CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
4/5 (6)Total Time 50 minsServings 6
- Purée cilantro, scallions, lime juice, garlic, and 2 tablespoons oil in a blender until smooth, about 45 seconds. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent and bell pepper begins to soften, about 4 minutes. Stir in cumin and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken, broth, potatoes, carrots, salt, and black pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Skim off and discard any foam from soup.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Discard skin and use 2 forks to shred meat off bones (discard bones). Return chicken to pot and add peas. Cook over medium-low until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in cilantro puree. Serve with tortilla chips.
CHICKEN CILANTRO LIME AND CAULIFLOWER RICE SOUP RECIPE
5/5 (2)Total Time 453575 hrs 46 minsCategory SoupCalories 204 per serving
- Chop up the garlic, jalapeno peppers, onion, tomatoes, and cauliflower rice. Add to a 3-quart pot with some olive oil and some salt. Saute on medium-high for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken breast, oregano, cumin, and chicken broth to the pot. Bring to a boil and then simmer on medium-low heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
CHICKEN, AVOCADO, LIME, AND CILANTRO SOUP - EAT AT HOME
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
CILANTRO-LIME CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
3.7/5 (119)Total Time 45 minsCategory RecipesCalories 74 per serving See details »
AVOCADO SOUP WITH CILANTRO & LIME (VEGAN, READY IN 5 ...
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 5 minsCategory Main Dishes, Side Dishes, SoupsCalories 351 per serving See details »
CHICKEN TORTILLA CILANTRO LIME SOUP | ZATARAIN'S
Cuisine SouthwestCategory Soups, Stews, And ChiliServings 10 See details »
CARROT-LIME SOUP WITH CILANTRO | CHRISTOPHER KIMBALL’S ...
Servings 4Total Time 30 minsCategory Sides See details »
KALE SOUP WITH LIME-CILANTRO CHICKPEAS - TRIED & TRUE RECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsCategory DinnerCalories 181 per serving See details »
10 BEST CILANTRO LIME SOUP VEGETARIAN RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
21 EASY & DELICIOUS RICE COOKER RECIPES – THE KITCHEN ...
See details »
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #soups-stews #poultry #chicken #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #chicken-breasts
You'll also love