CILANTRO AND GARLIC POTATOES
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). When the oil is hot, add potatoes, and cook until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cilantro and garlic; cook and stir for about 5 minutes. After draining the potatoes, add them to the skillet along with the cumin, lemon juice and salt. Stir to coat the potatoes, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250.2 calories, Carbohydrate 33.4 g, Fat 11.8 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 16.9 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
Fresh cilantro gives exotic Syrian-style flavor to these easy skillet potatoes. They're a great complement to Mom's tangy kabobs. -Weda Mosellie, Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook cilantro and garlic in oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the potatoes; cook and stir until tender and lightly browned, 20-25 minutes. Drain. Sprinkle with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 160 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 153mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
LIME CILANTRO SWEET POTATOES
- Put oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow baking pan. Arrange potatoes in 1 layer and roast, stirring halfway through roasting, until tender, about 25 minutes total. Stir together cayenne, zest, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Whisk together lime juice and remaining tablespoon oil in a medium bowl, then add potatoes. Sprinkle with cayenne mixture and cilantro, stirring gently to combine.
CILANTRO POTATOES WITH GARLIC AND LEMON
This is a Lebanese dish called coriander potatoes. They are a tasty side for grilled or roasted meats. I had these first in a Middle Eastern restaurant, and loved them so much I had to learn how to make them myself!
Provided by Susan Din
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1. Peel and cube potatoes.
- 2. Grate garlic with a microplane into a small bowl. Rinse Cilantro and dry. Chop and put with the garlic. Squeeze lemon juice into the same bowl. Set aside. I didn't have any lemons, so I used lemon pepper pictured here.
- 3. Heat oil in a frypan over high heat to 350. Add potatoes and fry, stirring periodically until golden brown, 5-7 minutes.
- 4. Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon to a large paper towel lined mixing bowl, briefly to drain oil. Pull paper towel out from under potatoes.
- 5. Add Cilantro, garlic and lemon to hot potatoes, Stirring to distribute. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
CILANTRO POTATO SOUP
Something I had a few times while growing up --at a neighbor's and at Avo's house. Where I grew up, half the neighbors were from the Azores, so it was good, good eating. It's not a recipe that needs exact measurements, but this is about how I do it :) Obviously don't make it if you don't like cilantro, but if you do...mmmmmmmmm :) For a vegetarian version, just use veggie broth. Whichever you use, make sure it's a good quality. The ingredients are so simple it needs to be a good quality broth.
Provided by DeeCooks
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Saute onion and garlic slowly until tender.
- Add the broth, potatoes.
- Cook til the potatoes are tender about half an hour.
- Add 3/4 cup of the cilantro.
- Use an immersion blender or food processor (or etc -- ) to puree.
- Serve hot or cold, and add the remaining cilantro right before serving.
- Stir in a squeeze of fresh lime right before serving, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255.7, Fat 10.6, SaturatedFat 1.7, Sodium 775.3, Carbohydrate 32.4, Fiber 4, Sugar 4.2, Protein 8.5
POTATOES WITH COENTRO (CILANTRO)
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and add water to cover generously. Add salt, turn on the heat, and bring to a simmer. Simmer 20 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife. Drain and let cool. As soon as they are cool enough to handle, peel. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add peeled potatoes and roll around to coat evenly. Cook 5 minutes until starting to brown. Sprinkle over cilantro and fresh pepper and roll around to coat evenly. Serve immediately.
GARLIC AND CILANTRO ROASTED POTATOES
Provided by Layla
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Coat a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray, Set aside.Add cilantro, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in the food processor and blend for less than 1 minute or until fully diced. In a large mixing bowl combine the potatoes and cilantro mixture until the potatoes are fully coated. Add potatoes to prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender.
- In a large skillet, heat oil, over medium-high heat. Add red onions and bacon pieces. Saute until onion is soft, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add potatoes and garlic. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Stir in cilantro and serve hot.
BABY RED POTATOES WITH CILANTRO
- Place unpeeled potatoes in a large saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil over high heat, and add salt. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a colander, and drain.
- Place potatoes in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss in cilantro leaves just before serving.
SPANISH-SMASHED POTATOES WITH CILANTRO SAUCE
I was inspired to create this after visiting a great Latin restaurant. The salty potatoes and the bright herbs are great together.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and transfer to a small bowl., Place the cilantro, garlic and salt in a small food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add water and vinegar; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream., Using a fork, flatten potatoes slightly; pour sauce over top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 317 calories, Fat 27g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 359mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
More about "cilantro potatoes recipes"
NEW POTATOES WITH GARLIC AND CILANTRO RECIPE
CILANTRO LIME POTATO SALAD - JULIA'S ALBUM
LEMON CILANTRO ROASTED POTATOES - A CEDAR SPOON
ROASTED PURPLE POTATOES RECIPE WITH GARLIC AND …
CILANTRO-LIME CHICKEN THIGHS AND POTATOES - JULIA'S …
SOY CILANTRO ROASTED RED POTATOES - COOKAHOLIC WIFE
SPICY INDIAN POTATOES WITH CILANTRO - DHANIYA WALE ALOO
MASHED POTATOES WITH CILANTRO AND ROASTED GARLIC
CILANTRO POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory PotatoCalories 291 per serving
CREAMY CILANTRO POTATO SALAD - BECKY'S BEST BITES
CILANTRO POTATOES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
15 BEST CILANTRO RECIPES – A COUPLE COOKS
LEBANESE-STYLE SPICY POTATOES WITH LEMON AND CILANTRO
CILANTRO POTATOES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
ROASTED POTATOES GET AN UPGRADE WITH THIS EASY RECIPE | RECIPE ...
CHIPOTLE CILANTRO LIME ROASTED POTATOES - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
SPICY CILANTRO HASSLEBACK POTATOES – COOKIN' WITH MIMA
SKILLET CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN AND POTATOES - WHOLESOMELICIOUS
CILANTRO POTATOES | POTATORECIPES4U
CREAMY VEGAN POTATO CILANTRO SOUP - PILONCILLO Y VAINILLA
CILANTRO AND POTATO AND TOMATO RECIPES - SUPERCOOK.COM
CILANTRO MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - THE WORLD RECIPE
CILANTRO GARLIC FRIED POTATOES (BATATA HARRA) - THE MATBAKH
25 FRESH CILANTRO RECIPES WITH SO MUCH FLAVOR - INSANELY GOOD
POTATOES SAUTE IN GARLIC AND CILANTRO - BATATA MA3 KIZBRA RECIPE
WARM POTATOES WITH CILANTRO AND LIME | GIANGI'S KITCHEN
CILANTRO LIME GARLIC SMASHED POTATOES | GRAB THE MANGOS
CILANTRO GARLIC CHIMICHURRI ROASTED POTATOES - A SASSY SPOON
CILANTRO POTATOES RECIPE - BOSSRECIPES.COM
SWEET POTATO FRIES WITH CILANTRO AVOCADO SAUCE RECIPE
CRISPY SMASHED NEW POTATOES WITH LIME, CILANTRO, AND …
MASHED JALAPENO-CILANTRO SWEET POTATOES | ALLRECIPES
CILANTRO LIME POTATOES - THE LITTLE POTATO COMPANY
PICADILLO WITH POTATOES - CILANTRO PARSLEY
CILANTRO-SAUCED ROASTED POTATO BOWLS - FORKS OVER KNIVES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #side-dishes #potatoes #vegetables #easy #vegetarian #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #comfort-food #healthy-2 #low-in-something #taste-mood #savory #to-go #camping #equipment #presentation #served-hot #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook potatoes in a crock pot with cilantro?Instructions Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add potatoes and boil until potatoes are cooked: soft and tender, about 15-20 minutes. In the mean time, in the small bowl, combine olive oil, minced garlic, chopped cilantro, and lime juice. Mix well.
How do you cook potatoes in a skillet?The recipe I found calls for three pounds of potatoes, only three cloves of minced garlic, one bunch of cilantro, a quarter cup of olive oil, and salt to taste when finished. You cook the cilantro and garlic in the oil for a minute or two, then add the diced/cubed potatoes to the skillet and cook until golden brown.
What does cilantro and lime do to potato salad?This cilantro lime potato salad combines fresh flavors like cilantro and freshly squeezed lime juice, and the recipe will bring Summer into your house! Adding cilantro and lime turns a boring potato salad into something unique. Garlic adds even more flavor.
What to eat with garlic and cilantro?“Potatoes in Garlic and Cilantro” serves as a delicious appetizer and is quite simple to make. I got it right the first time around.