COCONUT LIME SHRIMP
Coconut Lime Shrimp - Deliciously creamy shrimp cooked in an amazing coconut lime sauce with tomatoes and peppers, and served over noodles or rice.
Provided by Katerina | Diethood
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion for 1 to 2 minutes, or until it begins to soften.
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and peppers; season with salt and ground pepper, and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tomatoes begin to soften.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp and continue to cook until shrimp are pink, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
- Spoon shrimp mixture over pasta or rice and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper OR grated parmesan cheese.
You can make this gingery, lightly sweet shrimp stew as tangy and spicy as you like by adjusting the amounts of chile and lime juice. Using full-fat coconut milk gives you the richest and most flavorful dish. But light coconut milk will also work, resulting in something brothier and more souplike. Be sure not to overcook the shrimp. As soon as they turn pink, they're done.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories dinner, seafood, main course
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat sesame oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Stir in shallots, jalapeño and a large pinch of salt, and cook until starting to brown, about 6 minutes. Stir in ginger and garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute longer.
- Stir in coconut milk, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and 1 1/4 teaspoons salt. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 2 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Stir in shrimp, lime zest, lime juice, sugar and fish sauce. Continue to simmer until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Taste and add more lime juice, salt or fish sauce, or all three, if needed.
- Serve over rice, with remaining cilantro and lime wedges on the side.
COCONUT LIME SHRIMP
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until pink, 2 minutes per side.
- Pour over coconut milk and squeeze with lime juice. Top with cilantro and Sriracha and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
COCONUT-LIME MARINATED AND GRILLED SHRIMP
The quick and easy marinade in this recipe is a great way to use up that leftover coconut milk you have in your refrigerator. It adds a touch of sweetness to grilled shrimp and only takes 30 minutes to infuse tremendous flavor into your next dinner. Serve with steamed white rice or cold rice noodles for a light but delicious meal.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Zest and juice 2 of the limes (you should have about 1 tablespoon zest and 1/4 cup juice) and add to a medium glass bowl. Peel and grate the ginger and garlic and add to the bowl along with the red pepper flakes, canola oil, coconut milk and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Stir to combine.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the remaining lime into wedges. Reserve for serving.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and put on a baking sheet lined with paper towels; don't worry if the coconut milk has hardened while it was in the refrigerator. In batches, cook the shrimp until lightly charred in spots on both sides and just cooked through, about 3 minutes total. Remove from the heat and transfer to a large plate.
- Top with the sliced scallion and serve with the reserved lime wedges.
SPICY COCONUT AND LIME GRILLED SHRIMP
- Combine the jalapeno, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, coconut, olive oil, and soy sauce in a food processor; blend until smooth. Place the shrimp in a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and allow to marinate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers, piercing each shrimp near the head and tail.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning frequently until nicely browned on all sides and the meat is no longer pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169.2 calories, Carbohydrate 4.8 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Fat 10.9 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 13.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 747 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
COCONUT SHRIMP WITH LIME SAUCE
Coconut Shrimp with Lime Sauce may sound like restaurant fare, but in fact it's a Healthy Living seafood dish you can make at home.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 26 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix yogurt, mint, lime zest and juice until blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine cracker crumbs and coconut in pie plate; beat egg and water in second pie plate. Dip shrimp, 1 at a time, in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each shrimp; place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Press crumb mixture firmly onto shrimp to secure.
- Bake 12 to 14 min. or until shrimp are tender and golden brown. Serve with yogurt sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 40, Fat 1.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 65 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 4 g
COCONUT SHRIMP WITH LIME DRESSING
- In a large heavy bottom saucepan, pour enough oil to fill the pan about a third of the way. Heat over medium heat until a deep-fryer thermometer inserted in the oil reaches 350 degrees F. (If you do not have a thermometer a cube of bread will brown in about 3 minutes.)
- In a bowl whisk together the egg whites, cornstarch, salt, and pepper, to taste. Dip the shrimp into the egg mixture, and then press the shrimp into the coconut flakes, coating well on both sides.
- Fry the shrimp in batches until coconut is golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towel. Serve immediately.
- Dress shrimp with lime dressing and garnish with watercress leaves.
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl, and chill until ready to serve.
COCONUT LIME SHRIMP WITH PEANUT SAUCE
Sublime! The combination of flavours and textures in this dish is fantastic. Intense and soulful. The shrimp need to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours. From Bon Appetit, July, 1997.
Provided by evelynathens
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- For peanut sauce: Puree all ingredients in processor until smooth.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before using.) For shrimp: Blend first 8 ingredients in processor until almost smooth.
- Transfer marinade to 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Add shrimp and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Thread 5 shrimp onto each of 4 skewers.
- Grill until just cooked through, basting with marinade, about 2 minutes per side.
- Alternatively, you can grill shrimp under a preheated broiler.
- Serve shrimp with peanut sauce.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248.8, Fat 18.8, SaturatedFat 9, Cholesterol 53.6, Sodium 844.1, Carbohydrate 10.3, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 4.7, Protein 13.4
COCONUT SHRIMP WITH SWEET CHILI-LIME SAUCE
- For sauce:
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Do ahead Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- For shrimp:
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Add egg and club soda; whisk just until combined but still lumpy. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour enough vegetable oil into heavy large saucepan to come halfway up sides of pan. Attach deep-fry thermometer to pan; heat oil over medium heat to 375°F.
- Line baking sheet with paper towels. Spread coconut on plate. Working with 1 shrimp at a time, dip into batter, allowing excess to drip back into bowl, then roll in coconut. Working in batches, deep-fry shrimp until cooked through, about 2 1/2 minutes. Transfer shrimp to paper towels to drain. Serve hot with dipping sauce.
SMOKED SHRIMP WITH CHILE-LIME DIPPING SAUCE
Set out these Thai smoked shrimp on a paper-lined picnic table, set a bowl of sauce in the middle, and go to town. A great shrimp recipe for a bbq.
Provided by Leela Punyaratabandhu
Yield Serves 8
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, mix the shrimp with the salt and pepper, coating them evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, start the sauce: In a blender, combine the chiles, garlic, lime juice, and salt and blend until the bits are the size of a match head. Transfer to a small bowl, cover, and keep at room temperature.
- Heat a smoker to 225°F. Rinse the seasoning off the shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Place the shrimp in the smoker and smoke until they turn dark coral, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the shrimp are smoking, stir the sugar and fish sauce into the sauce, then taste and adjust the seasoning with more fish sauce if needed. Aim for sour and hot first, then salty and just a tad bit of sweetness. Stir in the cilantro.
- Serve the shrimp with the sauce.
COCONUT LIME SHRIMP
This is not fried coconut shrimp. It's something very different - it's a little tangy, a little sweet, and a little salty. It's very easy and quick to put together.The prep time does not include marinating time in the refrigerator, so plan a few extra minutes for that. I cooked these on a George Foreman grill (high 4 minutes), and I only used about half of the salt mixture, because we generally don't eat a lot of salt, so use your judgement. Also, if your grated zest is fine enough, you do not need to use a food processor.
Provided by Recipe Reader
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Use a grater or zester and zest all the limes and set the zest aside.
- Squeeze two of the limes, and combine the juice with coconut milk and the shrimp. Refrigerate for 15 - 30 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine the lime zest, salt and pepper. Pulse until blended.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, and place on a hot oiled grill, grill pan, or use a skillet. Cook for 3 minutes on each side. While shrimp are still on the grill, squeeze the remaining lime over shrimp.
- When shrimp are done, remove from grill and sprinkle with the salt-pepper-lime mixture and the toasted coconut.
COCONUT-LIME SHRIMP WITH PEANUT SAUCE
- For peanut sauce:
- Puree all ingredients in processor until smooth. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before using.)
- For shrimp:
- Blend first 8 ingredients in processor until almost smooth. Transfer marinade to 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Add shrimp and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Place smoke chips in 8x6-inch foil packet with open top. Set atop coals. Thread 5 shrimp onto each of 4 skewers. Grill until just cooked through, basting with marinade, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve shrimp with peanut sauce.
More about "coconut shrimp with lime sauce recipes"
GARLIC LIME SHRIMP WITH COCONUT RICE RECIPE - SUM OF …
COCONUT SHRIMP WITH SWEET CHILI-LIME SAUCE RECIPE
COCONUT LIME SHRIMP - DASH OF SANITY
CREAMY COCONUT LIME SHRIMP (15 MINUTE RECIPE!) - THE …
10 BEST COCONUT SHRIMP DIPPING SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHRIMP WITH LIME AND COCONUT SAUCE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
5/5 (1)Servings 4Cuisine European, French, AmericanTotal Time 17 mins
COCONUT SHRIMP WITH SWEET CHILI LIME SAUCE RECIPE - STL COOKS
COCONUT SHRIMP WITH LIME GARLIC HONEY SAUCE - HOME TRENDS …
SCALLOPS & SHRIMP IN MISO LIME COCONUT SAUCE - COOKING WITH …
CREAMY COCONUT SHRIMP RECIPE - SMARTYPANTSKITCHEN
7 CRISPY COCONUT SHRIMP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
COCONUT SHRIMP WITH CREAMY DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
10 BEST COCONUT LIME SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHILI LIME COCONUT BALSAMIC SHRIMP - ZEST & SIMMER
COCONUT SHRIMP WITH 2-INGREDIENT DIPPING SAUCE
QUICK & EASY COCONUT MILK SHRIMP - LITTLE BROKEN
KEY LIME COCONUT SHRIMP AND RICE - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
COCONUT SHRIMP WITH KEY LIME AIOLI - WANDERLUST AND WELLNESS
COCONUT SHRIMP WITH SWEET CHILI-LIME SAUCE - THE GRATEFUL GIRL …
COCONUT SHRIMP WITH CILANTRO-LIME DIPPING SAUCE - MAGIC SKILLET
CRUNCHY COCONUT-SESAME SHRIMP WITH SPICY LIME MAYO RECIPE
HONEY LIME COCONUT BAKED SHRIMP - AIMEE MARS
FRIED COCONUT SHRIMP WITH HONEY LIME SAUCE - THE GOURMET BON …
CREAMY COCONUT SHRIMP - SAVOR THE BEST
COCONUT LIME SHRIMP • SALT & LAVENDER
GRILLED COCONUT LIME SHRIMP | SERVED WITH A COCONUT DIPPING SAUCE!
THAI COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP RECIPE | FOODIECRUSH.COM
BAKED COCONUT SHRIMP WITH AVOCADO LIME SAUCE - ALL SHE COOKS
COCONUT LIME SHRIMP SKEWERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CREAMY COCONUT SHRIMP WITH CHILI POWDER & LIME - WALDER …
THE BEST COCONUT SHRIMP RECIPE + SAUCE - CLARKS CONDENSED
CREAMY COCONUT LIME SHRIMP - THECHOWDOWN
BAKED COCONUT SHRIMP WITH MANGO LIME CHILI SAUCE - FURTHER FOOD
LINGUINE WITH SAUTÃ©ED SHRIMP & COCONUT-LIME SAUCE RECIPE
COCONUT HONEY LIME SHRIMP WITH SRIRACHA MANGO DIP - THE …
GARLIC SHRIMP IN COCONUT LIME TOMATO SAUCE | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Coconut Lime Shrimp?Saute the onions and garlic in some coconut oil. Add the sauce ingredients to the pan and let them boil until the sauce begins to thicken. Now add the shrimp and let them cook for 5 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and stir in some cilantro. And just like that, you've made coconut lime shrimp!
How to make shrimp tacos with coconut milk?Stir in coconut milk, ¼ cup chopped cilantro and 1¼ teaspoons salt. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 2 minutes to blend the flavors. Stir in shrimp, lime zest, lime juice, sugar and fish sauce. Continue to simmer until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Taste and add more lime juice, salt or fish sauce, or all three, if needed.
How to make shrimp taco sauce?Combine the jalapeno, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, coconut, olive oil, and soy sauce in a food processor; blend until smooth. Place the shrimp in a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the shrimp and toss to coat.
What is coconut shrimp?Coconut Shrimp are crisp on the outside with succulent juicy shrimp inside. Do not skip the simple (2 ingredient) coconut shrimp sauce and the fresh squeeze of lime juice. We love shrimp recipes around here, like shrimp scampi, creamy shrimp pasta, or shrimp fried rice, and even shrimp cakes. This coconut shrimp recipe does not disappoint!