This is a superb vegetable course when tomatoes are in season, and they look great on a buffet table. Sometimes I go all out and buy beefsteak tomatoes as a special treat for family parties. -Cathy Dwyer, Freedom, New Hampshire
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cut each tomato into four thick slices; place on paper towels to drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, parsley, basil, garlic and salt until blended. Spread cream cheese mixture over eight tomato slices; top with remaining tomato slices., Place flour and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. In another bowl, whisk egg and milk. Coat the top and bottom of each sandwich with flour, dip into egg mixture, then coat with crumbs., In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Fry tomato sandwiches in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251 calories, Fat 20g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 69mg cholesterol, Sodium 225mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
TOMATOES COUNTRY STYLE
- Beat together in mixer, or process in food processor, the garlic, parsley, salt and cream cheese; add basil, if desired.
- Cut tomatoes into 12 even slices, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spread 6 slices with about 2 Tbsps of cream cheese mixture each; top with remaining slices to make 6 sandwiches.
- Dip each in flour, then in egg mixture, and finally in crumbs.
- Fry on both sides over medium heat in mixture of butter and olive oil until brown.
- Garnish with fresh basil or parsley, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365.2, Fat 27.6, SaturatedFat 13.4, Cholesterol 92.5, Sodium 309.9, Carbohydrate 22.9, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 4.1, Protein 7.9
COUNTRY PORK RIBS IN TOMATO GRAVY RECIPE
Perfect cold weather dinner. Braised country ribs in a non-Italian tasting tomato, onion, garlic gravy. Most of the garlic and onion melt into the gravy. Wonderful flavor with few ingredients. No spaghetti sauce taste but the "gravy" would be a great, different not-sweet spaghetti sauce. I suppose you could use Italian herbs, but don't! Try it this way first. Make a big batch because this freezes well and the frozen leftovers were delicious. I believe I found this at about.com.
Provided by Jezski
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat a large, heavy Dutch oven over medium high heat. When hot, add teaspoon of olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Sear the pork ribs on both sides until golden brown, turning only once. You may need to do this in batches. Do not crowd the pan. Remove to a platter.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the Dutch oven, along with the sweet onion rings. Toss to coat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and sweat the onions, stirring often, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, both cans of tomatoes, and water to the onions. Stir to combine, then return the pork ribs to the pot along with any collected juices.
- Simmer the pork ribs in the tomato gravy 1-1/2 to 2 hours, until pork is tender. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if warranted.
- Stir 1 cup of the tomato gravy into the cooked pasta as soon as it is done. Portion the pasta into shallow bowls, top with pork ribs, spoon on some tomato gravy, and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
COUNTRY-STYLE TOMATO AND CILANTRO BROTH
Categories Soup/Stew Garlic Ginger Tomato Sauté Low Fat Vegetarian Low Cal Dinner Lunch Spice Healthy Vegan Cilantro Fat Free Sugar Conscious Kidney Friendly Pescatarian Paleo Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Make spice sachet by wrapping together in cheesecloth the cinnamon sticks, coriander seeds, cloves, peppercorns, bay leaves, and cardamom pods. Tie with kitchen string.
- In heavy, large pot over high heat, stir together 4 cups water, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, cilantro stems, 1 teaspoon salt, and spice sachet. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until reduced by 1/3, about 30 minutes. Strain through fine-mesh sieve into large clean pot, reserving solids. Discard spice sachet. Measure 1 cup of strained liquid in pot and transfer to blender. Add reserved solids and pureé until smooth. Strain through fine-mesh sieve back into pot with liquid.
- Place pot over high heat and bring to simmer, about 5 minutes. Stir in ground pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve immediately, topping each portion with chopped cilantro leaves.
More about "country style tomatoes recipes"
RUSTIC COUNTRY-STYLE TOMATOES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Cuisine EuropeanTotal Time 1 hr 40 minsServings 4Calories 378 per serving
COUNTRY STYLE TOMATO SALAD - THEODORA'S RECIPIES
COUNTRY-STYLE OKRA & TOMATOES
SOUTHERN-STYLE STEWED TOMATOES - THE MERRY GOURMET
31 DELICIOUS SUMMER TOMATO RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
COUNTRY-STYLE TOMATOES RECIPE
BBQ SAUCE COUNTRY STYLE – BBQ PIT BOYS
COUNTRY RECIPES WITH TOMATOES - 282 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
35 FRESH TOMATO RECIPES FOR PEAK TOMATO SEASON
MUST-TRY FRESH TOMATO RECIPES | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
COUNTRY-STYLE STEWED TOMATOES RECIPE
COUNTRY STYLE STEWED TOMATOES RECIPE
COUNTRY STYLE TOMATOES RECIPE | COOKBOOK CREATE
COUNTRY-STYLE TOMATOES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
ITALIAN COUNTRY STYLE SAUSAGES AND POTATOES WITH TOMATO
DELICIOUS COUNTRY TOMATO APPETIZER — THE OTHER SIDE OF THE …
45+ BEST TOMATO RECIPES - WHAT TO MAKE WITH FRESH TOMATOES
25 THINGS TO MAKE WITH CANNED TOMATOES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND …
OLD-FASHIONED SCALLOPED TOMATOES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST TOMATO RECIPES | YUMMLY
55 RECIPES TO MAKE WITH CANNED TOMATOES I TASTE OF HOME
60+ MOUTHWATERING FRESH TOMATO RECIPES | MYRECIPES
COUNTRY-STYLE TOMATOES RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
COUNTRY STYLE TOMATOES - RECIPES - PAGE 5 | COOKS.COM
COUNTRY-STYLE TOMATO TART RECIPE | EATINGWELL
COUNTRY-STYLE TOMATOES | RECIPE | RECIPES, FAVORITE RECIPES, FOOD
COUNTRY STYLE TOMATOES - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
TOMATO RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
COUNTRY-STYLE TOMATOES | RECIPE | RECIPES, FAVORITE RECIPES, FOOD
COUNTRY-STYLE TOMATOES | RECIPE | RECIPES, YUMMY FOOD, YUMMY
43 RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE WITH A CAN OF DICED TOMATOES
29 HEIRLOOM TOMATO RECIPES THAT PROVE THESE FANCY 'MATERS …
FRENCH COUNTRY STYLE TOMATO BASIL SOUP | LIZZY LOVES FOOD
COUNTRY-STYLE TOMATOES RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
COUNTRY STYLE TOMATO AND CILANTRO BROTH FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
20+ FRESH TOMATO RECIPES - WHAT TO MAKE WITH SUMMER TOMATOES
VOICE CHANGER RECIPE COUNTRY STYLE POTATO AND TOMATO STEW WITH …
COUNTRY STYLE TOMATOES | RECIPE | FOOD JOURNAL, RECIPES, FOOD
You'll also love