CHICKEN BREASTS IN CAPER CREAM SAUCE
My husband (who is not a cook) developed this recipe when looking through what we had in the fridge. We love capers and my VERY picky 8-year old always asks for 'Daddy's chickie.'
Provided by MOMMYTO2BOYS
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Season chicken breasts with lemon pepper, salt, dill weed, and garlic powder.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place breasts in skillet, and increase heat to medium-high. Turn chicken frequently, until brown, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, until breasts are cooked through. Remove chicken to a warm serving platter, and cover with foil.
- Return skillet to stove, and increase heat to high. Whisk in whipping cream, whisking continuously until reduced to sauce consistency, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in capers. Pour sauce over chicken, and serve.
CRAB CAKES WITH REMOULADE SAUCE
The best crab cakes are freshly made and cooked in your skillet just until crunchy on the outside. The remoulade sauce is inspired by New Orleans cooking, and you can adjust the spice levels with more or less horseradish and Louisiana-style hot sauce. Crisp French fries make a great side, but you can go lighter with marinated green bean salad.
Provided by Ball Park Buns
Number Of Ingredients 24
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk well. Cover and hold in refrigerator.
- To make crab cakes, combine mayonnaise, egg, red onion and parsley in a large bowl, stirring well with a fork.
- Add crab, 1 cup bread crumbs, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne. Stir until combined; the mixture will be fairly loose and wet.
- Shape mixture into 8 patties of equal size. Coat each patty in remaining bread crumbs to make a crust.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook patties for about 8 minutes, turning just once about halfway through cooking, just until uniformly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, brush hamburger buns with melted butter and toast at 400 degrees F just until they begin to brown at edges.
- To serve, place patty on each bun, top with remoulade sauce and desired trimmings. Serve with extra sauce and lemon wedges on the table.
MARYLAND CRAB CAKES WITH CAPER SAUCE
- Combine all of the caper sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk together to combine and chill until crab cakes are ready.
- CRAB CAKES:.
- Drain the crab meat and remove any bits of shell.
- Combine the crushed crackers, mayonnaise, egg, parsley, Old Bay, mustard, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Gently fold in the crab meat.
- Shape into 8 thin patties.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the crab cakes and cook in batches 4-5 min on each side or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels and repeat with remaining crab cakes.
- Serve with caper sauce.
CRAB CAKES WITH CAPER CREAM SAUCE
- Combine all ingredients except crab, mayo, and eggs. Mix. Add crab, mayo, and eggs. Mix until combined. Form patties and chill >30 min (overnight is OK). Make cream sauce while crab cakes are chilling. Whisk all ingredients and refrigerate. Remove crab cakes from refrigerator. Deep fry at 360 deg. for 2 1/2 min.
CRAB CAKES WITH CREAMY CAPER SAUCE
- for caper sauce:
- Whisk all ingredients in medium bowl. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- for crab cakes:
- Combine crabmeat, 1 cup breadcrumbs, and next five ingredients in large bowl. Spread 2 1/2 cups breadcrumbs on rimmed baking sheet. Using 1/4-cup capacity ice-cream scoop, form crab mixture into 24 small balls. Flatten slightly. Coat crab cakes in breadcrumbs, transfer to another baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, fry crab cakes until brown, adding more oil to skillet as needed, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer 2 crab cakes to each of 12 plates. Serve, passing caper sauce alongside.
More about "crab cakes with caper cream sauce recipes"
CRAB CAKE RECIPE WITH CREAMY CAJUN SAUCE - RECIPE - …
2020-11-11 · Crab Cake Sauce. Everyone loves a good creamy crab cake sauce. It’s half the recipe, really. My version is a base of mayonnaise with a touch of mustard, hot sauce and other flavor-building ingredients. It’s basically a Cajun Remoulade Sauce. If you’re looking for a lighter crab cake sauce, skip the mayo and go with crema or sour cream ...
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper to make the crab cakes. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, mayonnaise, hot sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, celery, shallot, serrano and parsley.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a fork. Add the crab meat and hand mix. Form them into 6 crab cakes and set them on a large plate.
- Next, make the Cajun Cream Sauce by processing the mayonnaise, mustard, hot sauce, apple cider vinegar, pickled jalapenos, celery, Cajun seasoning, lemon juice and minced garlic in a food processor until smooth. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
RECIPE: CRAB CAKES WITH A LIGHT SOUR CREAM SAUCE • …
2015-10-09 · Cook cakes in batches; 4 minutes on each side or. until golden brown. Season with salt. Keep cakes warm in a 200° oven for up to 30 minutes. Makes 16 mini cakes (1 cake per appetizer serving) For the Sour Cream Sauce…
MARYLAND CRAB CAKES WITH QUICK TARTAR SAUCE - ONCE …
2021-06-22 · Shape into 6 large crab cakes (about ½ cup each) and place on a baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. This is really important to help the crab cakes set. Preheat a large nonstick pan to medium heat and coat with oil. When the oil is hot, place crab cakes …
- Combine the eggs, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, Old Bay, salt, celery, and parsley in a large bowl and mix well. Add the crab meat (be sure to check the meat for any hard and sharp cartilage) and panko; using a rubber spatula, gently fold the mixture together until just combined, being careful not to shred the crab meat. Shape into 6 cakes (each about ½ cup) and place on the prepared baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. This helps them set.
- Preheat a large nonstick pan over medium heat and coat with oil. When the oil is hot, place the crab cakes in the pan and cook until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Be careful as oil may splatter. Serve the crab cakes warm with the tartar sauce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, relish, mustard, onion, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
CRAB CAKE SAUCE: TOP 5 PICKS FROM CAMERON’S SEAFOOD
- Home Made Tartar Sauce. We’re going to start out with the traditional sauce used for seafood all around the world: Tartar Sauce. Tartar sauce is a delightful blend of mayonnaise and relish.
- Remoulade. If you’re looking for an easy crab cake sauce loved by Americans everywhere, especially in the fine state of Louisiana, try making a remoulade.
- Chipotle Aioli. If you’re looking for one of the more trendy sauces of the last few years, try making a chipotle aioli crab cake sauce! Aioli is a garlic mayonnaise, and the chipotle spice nicely compliments the rich mayonnaise.
- Cilantro and Lime Dip. Okay so now it’s time to veer away from the mayo-based dips. This cilantro and lime dip has a base of sour cream. This dip is a great foil to a spicy crab cake and really brightens the palate.
- Vegan Tzatziki. We realize this list may seem a bit redundant, as we’re talking about crab cakes, but more and more people are becoming vegan so we thought we’d include a recipe for all of you vegan readers out there!
CRAB CAKES WITH HOMEMADE TARTAR SAUCE - FRAICHE LIVING
2020-06-16 · Using a metal spatula, carefully lift the crab cake onto the prepared cookie sheet and repeat until all of the mixture is used up. Refrigerate the crab cakes for 30-60 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the tartar sauce …
- In a large bowl combine the crab, chives, mayo, dry mustard, red onion, dill, capers and 1 cup of panko and mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste then mix in the eggs until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the 2 cups of panko on a large plate. Using a large (size 8 or ½ c.) ice cream scoop or your hands, form each crab cake and carefully place it onto the plate of panko, gently pressing some panko on the top of the cake.
- Using a metal spatula, carefully lift the crab cake onto the prepared cookie sheet and repeat until all of the mixture is used up. Refrigerate the crab cakes for 30-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tartar sauce by combining all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
7 BEST SAUCES FOR CRAB CAKES | FOOD & WINE
See details »
CRAB CAKES WITH LEMON CAPER SAUCE - GRILL MOMMA
2020-07-16 · Mix mayonnaise, egg, hot sauce, Old Bay, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and chives in a medium sized bowl until combined. Add cracker crumbs and crab and fold gently, using caution not to break up the crab…
- Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to serving. May make sauce a day ahead of time. Serve with crab cakes.
- Mix mayonnaise, egg, hot sauce, Old Bay, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and chives in a medium sized bowl until combined.
MARYL& CRAB CAKES WITH CREAMY CAPER-DILL SAUCE …
Place on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet; cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add crab cakes, and cook, in 2 batches, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and Creamy Caper-Dill Sauce.
- Rinse, drain, and flake crabmeat, being careful not to break up lumps, and remove any bits of shell. Set crabmeat aside.
- Stir together green onion mixture, breadcrumbs, egg, and next 5 ingredients. Gently fold in crabmeat. Shape mixture into 14 (2 1/2-inch) cakes (about 1/3 cup for each cake). Place on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet; cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add crab cakes, and cook, in 2 batches, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and Creamy Caper-Dill Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
EASY HOMEMADE CRAB CAKES - THE HUNGRY WAITRESS
2021-01-10 · In a large bowl mix together the crab meat, 3 tablespoons of Panko breadcrumbs, green onion, egg, mayonnaise, Old Bay seasoning and black pepper. Divide the mixture into four equal patties, and cover …
- In a large bowl mix together the crab meat, 3 tablespoons of Panko breadcrumbs, green onion, egg, mayonnaise, Old Bay seasoning and black pepper.
- Divide the mixture into four equal patties, and cover each with the remaining 1/2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs to form a crust.
- Heat up 1/4 cup olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Fry each cake for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown. As the pan gets hotter, it will take less time to fry.
MARYLAND CRAB CAKES WITH CREAMY CAPER DILL SAUCE - …
Stir onions and peppers into oil, breadcrumbs, eggs, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Old Bay, pepper, and Worcestershire. Then add flaked crabmeat and chill for 1 hour. Shape into 2 ½ inch cakes, gently press each side with fresh bread crumbs, and place on a lined baking sheet. Melt butter in a saucepan, add the cakes and cook 4-5 minutes per side.
CREAMY CAPER-DILL SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2006-09-19 · Make this Creamy Caper-Dill Sauce for a tangy compliment to a stack of crab cakes or your favorite grilled fish recipe. By Ann McInerney, Bethesda, Maryland Recipe by Southern Living October 2006
CRAB CAKES WITH CAPER CREAM SAUCE RECIPES RECIPES …
More recipes about "crab cakes with caper cream sauce recipes" EASY CRAB CAKES RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD. From insanelygoodrecipes.com 2021-01-13 · This easy crab cakes recipe has just 7 simple ingredients. It’s packed with lumps of juicy crab meat, savory seasonings, and flaky breadcrumbs. And the recipe is so easy to make! Crab cakes started as a staple dish in Maryland and Virginia but have ...
See details »
MARYLAND CRAB CAKES WITH CREAMY CAPER DILL SAUCE . RECIPE
Maryland crab cakes with creamy caper dill sauce . recipe. Learn how to cook great Maryland crab cakes with creamy caper dill sauce . . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Maryland crab cakes with creamy caper dill sauce . recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips.
See details »
DEL FRISCO'S CRAB CAKE RECIPE - TASTEFORCOOKING
2016-01-21 · There are several versions of this Del Frisco Crab Cake recipe on the web. This is the one we feel was spot on for the crab cake. The remoulade sauce however is different, as in the restaurant they use a Cajun Lobster Cream Sauce. Ingredients: 1 pound crabmeat, jumbo lump, fresh 1 cup onion, 1/4-inch diced 1 cup celery, 1/4-inch diced 3 egg whites 4 ounces heavy cream 1 ounce white bread ...
See details »
CRAB CAKES WITH DILL TARTAR SAUCE RECIPE| WILLIAMS …
Meanwhile, make the crab cakes: In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, sour cream, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay seasoning, capers, celery and 1/2 tsp. salt. Gently fold in the crabmeat and bread crumbs. For each crab cake, turn out 1/3 cup (2 oz./60 g) of the crab mixture onto a plate. Using the palm of your hand, lightly flatten ...
See details »
LEMON CAPER SAUCE FOR SALMON CAKES RECIPES
Steps: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. For the salmon: Season the salmon filets with salt and pepper. In a bowl, mix together the panko, parsley, dill, garlic and 1 tablespoon of the oil until the panko is evenly coated. Coat the salmon with the panko mixture and let sit for a few minutes so the crust sticks.
See details »
CRAB CAKES WITH LEMON-CAPER TARTAR SAUCE | ROBERT ST. …
Crab Cakes with Lemon-Caper Tartar Sauce. SHARE THIS RECIPE: My rules for crabmeat: Buy fresh. By the best, and treat it sweet. Be gentle with crabmeat to keep the lobes as large as possible. Seafood remoulade would be a nice alternative to the lemon-caper tartar sauce. INGREDIENTS. 1 /4 cup parsley, chopped. 2 tsp. hot Sauce. 1 tsp salt. 3 eggs + 3 egg yolks. 3 /4 cup mayonnaise. 3 /4 cup ...
See details »
SKILLET CRAB CAKES WITH CAPER DILL SAUCE – KANA LIFESTYLE
Add crab, scallions, tarragon, jalapeño, old bay, mayonnaise, egg, and ¾ cup of panko into a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide into 6 equal portions and form 1 inch cakes. Place on a parchment lined sheet tray and chill for 15 minutes. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
See details »
MARYLAND CRAB CAKES WITH CREAMY CAPER DILL SAUCE RECIPE
2017-03-26 · Maryland crab cakes with creamy caper dill sauce recipe. Learn how to cook great Maryland crab cakes with creamy caper dill sauce . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Maryland crab cakes with creamy caper dill sauce recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips.
See details »
AIR FRYER KOREAN CRAB CAKES WITH GOCHUJANG TARTAR SAUCE
Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and portion onto a place by using an ice cream scoop or small pastry mould. three to four inches in diameter, one inch thick. Pre-heat the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and spray the basket with cooking spray. Gently place the crab cakes …
See details »
CRAB CAKES WITH TARTAR SAUCE | TASTEMADE
Tartar Sauce, recipe follows; Tartar Sauce. 1/2 cup mayonnaise ; 1 tablespoon sour cream or yogurt; 2 tablespoons cornichons, diced; 1 tablespoon capers; 2 teaspoon coarse grain mustard; kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste; Steps. Crab Cakes with Tartar Sauce. In one large bowl, gently fold together lump crab, saltine crackers and lemon zest. In another large bowl, mix ...
See details »