CREAMY CHICKEN AND "RICE" (WHEAT BERRY)
I had leftover cooked wheat berry combo and threw this together for lunch. Turned out really flavorful and I liked the chewiness of the grains. I didn't measure any ingredients, so I hope this turns out! If you need to cook your berries, use Recipe #176290. It makes about 6 cups, but you can freeze leftovers.
Provided by WI Cheesehead
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212.2, Fat 11, SaturatedFat 6.4, Cholesterol 66.5, Sodium 567.8, Carbohydrate 5.2, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 1.2, Protein 22.1
CREAMY CHICKEN WILD RICE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: boneless, skinless chicken thighs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried thyme, dried parsley, butter, carrots, yellow onion, celery, cremini mushroom, garlic, wild rice, chicken broth, grated parmesan cheese, heavy cream, fresh thyme, sour cream, fresh parsley
Provided by Matthew Johnson
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken thighs with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried thyme, dried parsley, and olive oil. Toss until well coated.
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the chicken and cook until it's golden brown on one side, then flip, and cook the other side, about10 minutes total. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- To the pan, add the butter, carrots, onions, celery, mushrooms, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, stir, and cook until the veggies are soft. Scoop out and set aside.
- Add the wild rice and the chicken broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook the rice for 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Once the rice is cooked, stir in the Parmesan, vegetables, heavy cream, and fresh thyme. Bring to a boil. Stir in the sour cream.
- Add the chicken back to the pan.
- Serve the chicken over the rice and garnish with grated Parmesan and fresh parsley.
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE
When my mom asked me to prepare a speedy supper to feed our family, I used leftover chicken to create this casserole. Cheese and sour cream make the chicken and rice so creamy and tasty. I recently got married, and my husband, Doug, loves it, too. -Jennifer Biggs Cassel, Mediapolis, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Spread rice into a greased shallow 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. , In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk, bouillon, seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; add chicken, cheese and sour cream; stir until the cheese is melted. Pour over rice. , Melt the remaining butter; toss the cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 723 calories, Fat 43g fat (24g saturated fat), Cholesterol 169mg cholesterol, Sodium 1164mg sodium, Carbohydrate 43g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 36g protein.
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Spread rice in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter or margarine and stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk, bouillon granules, seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir all together and bring to a boil. Let simmer and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; add chicken, cheese and sour cream. Stir until cheese is melted. Mix all together and pour mixture over rice.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter or margarine in saucepan and toss with crushed cracker crumbs. Sprinkle crumb mixture over casserole. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or unti heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 973.4 calories, Carbohydrate 59.9 g, Cholesterol 215 mg, Fat 56.3 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 55.1 g, SaturatedFat 31.8 g, Sodium 1796.4 mg, Sugar 10.2 g
CHICKEN AND RICE WITH CREAMY HERB SAUCE
This recipe comes from the best of Cooking Light magazine all time favorites from readers. It's simple and easy.
Provided by Asha1126
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring first three ingredients to a boil in a large skillet, add chicken. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, turning chicken after 8 minutes. Remove chicken from pan, set aside and keep warm.
- Bring cooking liquid to boil, cook 5 minutes or until reduced to about 2/3 cup.
- Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch, add to skillet. Bring to a boil, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add cream cheese, cook until well blended, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Return chicken to sauce, warm through but do not boil.
- Serve chicken over rice, spoon sauce over chicken.
PORCINI CHICKEN WITH WILD RICE AND WHEAT BERRIES
- Cook rice:
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a 2-quart heavy saucepan, then add rice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until rice is tender and grains are split open, 1 to 1 1/4 hours (not all liquid will be absorbed). Drain in a colander.
- Cook wheat berries while rice simmers:
- Bring remaining 4 cups water to a boil in a 3-quart heavy saucepan, then stir in wheat berries and 1 1/4 cups porcini. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, over low heat until wheat berries are tender, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and pour wheat berry mixture into a large sieve set over another saucepan or a skillet. Reserve wheat berries and porcini in a bowl and boil cooking liquid until reduced to about 1 cup, then add to wheat berry mixture. (Cut up any porcini that are large.)
- Cook chicken:
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Grind remaining 3/4 cup porcini to a powder in coffee/spice grinder. (If porcini are too moist to grind, dry completely on a baking sheet in oven 3 to 5 minutes, then cool before grinding.)
- Pat chicken dry, then arrange in 1 layer on a sheet of wax paper. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and season with pepper. Put porcini powder in a fine mesh sieve and dust both sides of chicken generously, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil and 1/2 tablespoon butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then brown chicken in 2 batches, without crowding, turning over once, about 4 minutes per batch. Transfer chicken to a shallow baking dish as browned (reserve fat in skillet). Bake browned chicken until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes, then let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- While chicken bakes and stands, add remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter to fat in skillet and cook garlic over moderately low heat, stirring, 1 minute. Add wine and boil over high heat, stirring and scraping up brown bits, until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add wild rice, tomatoes, and wheat berry mixture (including reduced cooking liquid) and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in dill and season with salt and pepper. Slice chicken and serve with rice mixture.
- *Available at natural foods store and specialty markets.
More about "creamy chicken and rice wheat berry recipes"
20 CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
22 QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
CREAMY CURRY CHICKEN AND RICE - SEASONAL CRAVINGS
THE BEST CREAMY CHICKEN SOUP WITH WHEAT BERRY (WHOLE WHEAT)
CREAMY CHICKEN AND "RICE" (WHEAT BERRY) - PLAIN.RECIPES
CHICKEN AND WHEAT BERRY SALAD - THE LEMON BOWL®
CREAMY CURRY CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE | PBS FOOD
ONE POT CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE - THE WHOLESOME DISH
ULTRA CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE - EASY FAMILY …
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE | 25 MINUTE MEAL | TASTES OF …
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE, ONE-POT MEAL
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE - COOK2EATWELL - RECIPES
ONE PAN CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE - COOKING CLASSY
EASY CREAMY CHICKEN RICE RECIPE WITH FRESH VEGETABLES
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE | COOKIES AND CUPS
VEGAN CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE - THANK YOU BERRY MUCH
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE WITH MUSHROOM - THE FLAVOURS OF KITCHEN
EASY CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE - MY KITCHEN LITTLE
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE BAKE RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS …
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE BAKE - AQUEENA THE KITCHEN
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE (ONE POT, NO MUSHY RICE!)
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE WHEAT BERRY RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
HERE'S A CREAMY VEGAN CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE SKILLET - BUDGET BYTES
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE (WHEAT BERRY) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE - BUNS IN MY OVEN
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE - FOODIE CRUSH | KITCHN
STOVETOP CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE - DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS
CRISPY CHICKEN WITH HERB AND WHEAT BERRY SALAD | CANADIAN LIVING
CREAMY PARMESAN ONE POT CHICKEN AND RICE - THE SALTY …
EASY CREAMY CROCK POT CHICKEN AND RICE - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE - JZ EATS
CREAMY CHICKEN RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
CREAMY CHICKEN AND "RICE" (WHEAT BERRY) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CREAMY WHEAT BERRY HOT CEREAL RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE WHEAT BERRY FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
CREAMY CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE (ONE-POT RECIPE!)
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make the best creamy chicken and rice casserole?How to Make the Best Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole: 1. Using a dutch oven or heavy bottom pot with tight fitting lid, over medium/high heat, add 1/4 cup olive oil and 2 Tbsp unsalted butter. Once butter is melted and hot, stir in diced onion, grated carrots and 1 tsp salt. Sautee until soft and golden (8-10 min).
What is the best way to cook rice with chicken and cheese?Gradually add milk, bouillon granules, seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir all together and bring to a boil. Let simmer and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; add chicken, cheese and sour cream. Stir until cheese is melted. Mix all together and pour mixture over rice.
How to cook chicken and rice in a crock pot?Directions. In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk, bouillon, seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; add chicken, cheese and sour cream; stir until the cheese is melted. Pour over rice.
Can you cook chicken and rice with basmati rice?Serve over basmati rice. This one-pan chicken and rice recipe is perfect for people who love cooking, but hate cleaning the kitchen. According to recipe creator ISBEL, this dish is "warm comfort food at its best." It freezes well, so don't be afraid to double the recipe.