MOM'S MEAT LOAF
Mom made the best meatloaf, and now I do, too. When I first met my husband, he didn't care for homemade meatloaf, but this won him over. -Michelle Beran, Claflin, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into an 8x4-in. loaf in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan., In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar; remove 1/2 cup for sauce. Spread remaining mixture over meat loaf., Bake 60-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 135mg cholesterol, Sodium 1092mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (31g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 26g protein.
This is the only meatloaf I ever liked! Seasoned with fresh onion,a touch of bell pepper, and glazed with a sweet ketchup sauce. For our small family, we cook one loaf and freeze the other to cook at a later time.
Provided by Wendy
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, tomato sauce, eggs, onion, bell pepper, salt, thyme, and marjoram in a large bowl and mix well. Shape beef mixture into two equally sized loaves. Place both loaves in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Meanwhile, mix ketchup and corn syrup in a small bowl to make a glaze.
- Remove baking dish from the oven and remove foil. Brush glaze onto the loaves. Return baking dish to the oven uncovered, and continue baking until loaves are no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 395.1 calories, Carbohydrate 14.9 g, Cholesterol 165.3 mg, Fat 21.6 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 34.3 g, SaturatedFat 8.2 g, Sodium 859.2 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
- Put ground meat in a large bowl. With your fist, push a bowl shape in the middle of the ground meat. Take a handful of crackers and crumble them by hand into the bowl shape in the beef. Beat the eggs and add them on top of the crackers, then pour in the milk. Season with a few shakes of salt and pepper and mix everything together with your hands.
- Sauté peppers and onions in a small pan with about a teaspoon of butter or olive oil until just tender, about five minutes. Add about a third of this to the meatloaf mixture and set the rest aside for the gravy.
- In a separate bowl or plate, crush a generous handful or so of the crackers. Form two large or three small loaves out of the meatloaf mixture and roll each in crushed crackers to coat. Melt about a teaspoon of butter in a large, deep pan and brown meatloaves over medium heat for about ten minutes. Flip each loaf with a long spatula to brown the other side, covering with lid both times.
- While loaves are browning on the second side, sauté sliced mushrooms in a small pan in a teaspoon of butter or olive oil for about five minutes. In a medium-sized pot, combine a large can of diced tomatoes, a jar of your favorite prepared spaghetti sauce, the mushrooms, and the rest of the sautéed peppers and onions. Stir and let simmer for a few minutes, then add to meatloaves. Cover pan, turn heat down to low, and let loaves cook through, about an hour. Serve with blanched green beans and white rice.
ED'S MOM'S MEATLOAF
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a pot. Saute bell pepper, onion, and garlic in the hot oil for 5 minutes. Let it cool. Mix soy sauce, salt, black pepper, eggs, cream, and bread crumbs together well. Add oil, bell pepper, onion, and garlic and mix well. By hand, mix ground beef.
- Place 6-1/2 pounds of this mix into each meatloaf pan. Ice the top of each loaf with 1/2 cup of tomato paste. Bake for about 2 hours, until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Remove the pans from the oven and drain all of the grease out well. Cool in pans until cool enough to turn out. Serve with Meatloaf Gravy.
- Melt butter in large pot. When hot, add onions, mushrooms, and garlic and saute until softened and golden. Add flour and mix in well to make a roux. Add water, beef base, bay leaves, and pepper and mix well. Bring to a boil. Then simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened enough. Strain and cool.
MY MOM'S MEATLOAF RECIPE
This is the best meatloaf, we always like to have extra glaze to serve with it at the table as well!
Provided by Connors Mama
Yield 1 Loaf, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In large bowl mix beef, chopped onions, bread and half of the milk with hands.
- Slowly add the remainder of the milk if needed - too much will make the mixture to runny and it won't form the loaf.
- Shape into loaf and place in a glass 8x8 or 9x13 baking dish, I add just a little water to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 350* for 45 min, cover the top of the loaf with the glaze and finish baking for 15-20 min longer.
- Let the loaf sit 10-15 min before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 551.4, Fat 25.6, SaturatedFat 10, Cholesterol 167.7, Sodium 1004.6, Carbohydrate 46.8, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 36.9, Protein 32.4
BETTER THAN MOM'S MEATLOAF
My mom's classic meatloaf was lacking in flavor and the topping was way too sweet. This "better than mom's" version still has lots of old-school appeal but has been kicked up a notch with a rich and savory flavor, plus we said goodbye to the sugary sweet topping. Sliced meatloaf leftovers make the best sandwiches. I like mine with mustard, cheese, and grilled onions!
Provided by NicoleMcmom
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly coat a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine onion, bell pepper, milk, eggs, garlic, 2 tablespoons ketchup, parsley, 3 teaspoons Worcestershire, thyme, and Dijon in a large bowl and mix well. Stir in bread crumbs. Add ground sirloin, salt, and pepper; mix until just combined. Form mixture into a loaf shape and fit into the prepared pan.
- Combine remaining ketchup with balsamic vinegar and remaining 1 teaspoon Worcestershire in a small bowl. Mix until well combined and spread over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until an instant read thermometer inserted in the center reads 160 degrees F (71 degrees C), about 1 hour. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. The longer it sits, the easier it will be to slice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 324.1 calories, Carbohydrate 17.6 g, Cholesterol 126.9 mg, Fat 16.1 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 26.5 g, SaturatedFat 6.2 g, Sodium 962.9 mg, Sugar 8 g
More about "eds moms meatloaf recipes"
MOMMA'S MEATLOAF - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
MOM'S MEATLOAF - STONEWALL KITCHEN
MOMMA'S BEST MEATLOAF (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
ED DEBEVIC'S MEATLOAF RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
1-POUND CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE • A WEEKEND COOK®
MOM'S MEATLOAF - A CANADIAN FOODIE
MOM'S MEAT LOAF RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
ED'S MOTHER'S MEATLOAF RECIPE | NIGELLA LAWSON | FOOD NETWORK
MOM'S MEATLOAF – ERICA'S RECIPES RECIPE FOR THE BEST MEATLOAF EVER
MOMS MEATLOAF (AKA THE BEST MEATLOAF) - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
NIGELLA LAWSON - ED'S MOTHER'S MEATLOAF RECIPE [546G3VDV68N8]
THE BEST - MOM'S MEATLOAF – THE 2 SPOONS
MOM’S CLASSIC MEATLOAF - JEANIE AND LULU'S KITCHEN
ED’S MOM’S MEATLOAF – RECIPES NETWORK
MOM'S BEST CLASSIC BEEF MEATLOAF - ON MY KIDS PLATE
MY MOM'S MEATLOAF RECIPE - PAMS DAILY DISH
MOM'S MEATLOAF - RECIPES | PATTON'S MEAT MARKET
MOM'S MEATLOAF | EMERILS.COM
MY MOM-MOM'S MEATLOAF - PRESERVED HOME
ED’S MOTHER’S MEATLOAF – RECIPES NETWORK
RECIPE: MOTHER'S MEATLOAF - FOOD NEWS
RECIPE: ED'S MOM'S MEATLOAF AND GRAVY (ED DEBEVIC'S DINER ...
MOM'S MEATLOAF - A FAMILY FEAST®
ED’S MOTHER’S MEATLOAF | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
MOM'S BEST MEATLOAF - CHEF IN TRAINING
CROCKPOT MEATLOAF - THE SEASONED MOM
SOUTHERN MEATLOAF RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
MOM'S MEATLOAF - EMERILS.COM
JUST LIKE MOM’S MEATLOAF - SOUTHEASTERN MILLS
MOM`S MEATLOAF - BOSSKITCHEN.COM
MOMMA B'S MEATLOAF - THE BUTTERED HOME
ED'S MOTHER'S MEATLOAF | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
MOMS MEATLOAF RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
MOM'S BEST EASY MEATLOAF - GROUND BEEF RECIPES
You'll also love