APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
Apricot halves, baked in a faux caramel of melted butter, brown sugar and spices, burst with punchy flavor in every bite of this cake. The sticky topping complements the almost-tart, fleshy stone fruit, and offers a textural contrast to the buttery cake. A hint of almond further accentuates the apricot flavor. This rustic beauty is perfect by itself, but you can serve it with whipped cream or ice cream, if you want to be fancy.
Provided by Vallery Lomas
Categories cakes, dessert
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the topping: Lightly grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan or an 8-inch square baking pan. In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spread the brown sugary mix in an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Cut the apricots in half and remove the pits. Arrange the apricots, flesh-side down, evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Prepare the cake batter: Add the flour to a medium bowl. Sift in the almond flour, then use your fingertips to break up any clumps that don't fit through the sieve. Add the baking powder and salt to the bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl with an electric hand mixer, or in a stand mixer with the paddle attached, beat the butter and granulated sugar on medium until combined and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the vanilla extract, then the eggs, one at a time, mixing until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture, then 1/2 of the milk, mixing to combine. Continue alternating the additions of flour and milk and mixing, scraping down the sides of the bowl, just until all is combined. (Make sure not to overmix during this step.)
- Spread the batter in an even layer over the apricot halves. Bake until the cake is set and doesn't jiggle when shaken, is golden brown on top, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven, and place on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. With the cake still in the pan, turn the pan over onto a serving platter. Wait 1 minute, then remove the pan. This cake is excellent warm, but it's also delicious at room temperature.
APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
My Aunt Anne, who is a great cook, gave me a taste of this golden upside-down cake and I couldn't believe how delicious it was. Apricots give it an elegant twist from traditional pineapple versions. -Ruth Ann Stelfox, Raymond, Alberta
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. Drain apricots, reserving 3 tablespoons syrup (discard remaining syrup); set aside., Place butter in a 9-in. square baking dish. Place in oven 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted; swirl carefully to coat evenly. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange apricot halves in a single layer over brown sugar, cut side up., In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually add sugar, beating on high speed until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in reserved apricot syrup. Fold in flour mixture., With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Spoon over apricots. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 55mg cholesterol, Sodium 162mg sodium, Carbohydrate 53g carbohydrate (44g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
UPSIDE-DOWN APRICOT CAKE
A change on the classic Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. So moist and creamy, you'll be eating way more then you expected!
Provided by Amber Marie
Categories Desserts Cakes Bundt Cake Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt®) with cooking spray.
- Mix brown sugar and melted butter in a small bowl and spread evenly over the pan.
- Pat the apricot slices with a paper towel to soak up any excess liquid. Line them on the bottom of the pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat white sugar and softened butter in a bowl using an electric mixer until creamy and fluffy. Beat in eggs until thoroughly mixed. Add the flour mixture, sour cream, water, and vanilla extract. Beat well. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven, about 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 514.8 calories, Carbohydrate 63.6 g, Cholesterol 108.3 mg, Fat 27.7 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 16.9 g, Sodium 269.9 mg, Sugar 42.8 g
APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
This cake is one of our family favorites. Served warm or cold, with ice cream, whipped cream or just plain. My Grandma first made this cake when she had an abundant supply of apricots on her hands and decided to use apricots in place of the pineapple in pineapple upside-down cake...it was an instant hit and now that you've heard about it, you'll have to give it a try...maybe it'll become one of your favorites too.
Provided by Clever Cooking
Yield 1 9 X 13" cake, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in saucepan.
- Pour butter into lightly greased 9 X 13 inch baking pan.
- Add brown sugar to the melted butter and spread evenly in bottom of the pan.
- Place apricot halves in bottom of pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add softened butter, milk and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat 2 more minutes.
- Pour cake batter over apricots and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- When cake is cool, run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen cake from the sides.
- Invert cake onto a plate and Enjoy!
FRESH APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Make topping:
- Heat butter in skillet over moderate heat until foam subsides. Reduce heat to low and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter, then cook, undisturbed, 3 minutes (not all of sugar will be melted). Remove skillet from heat and arrange apricot halves, cut sides down, close together on top of brown sugar.
- Make cake batter:
- Sift together flour, baking powder and soda, and salt into a small bowl.
- Beat together butter, sugar, and extracts in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until pale and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes in a standing mixer or 3 to 4 minutes with a handheld. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then beat until mixture is creamy and doubled in volume, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture in 3 batches alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, and beat just until combined.
- Gently spoon batter over apricots and spread evenly.
- Bake cake:
- If your skillet isn't ovenproof, wrap handle with heavy-duty foil (or a double layer of regular foil) before baking. Bake cake in middle of oven until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Wearing oven mitts, immediately invert a large plate over skillet and, keeping plate and skillet firmly pressed together, invert cake onto plate. Carefully lift skillet off cake and, if necessary, replace any fruit that is stuck to bottom of skillet. Cool to warm or room temperature.
PINEAPPLE APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
Categories Cake Mixer Dessert Bake Kid-Friendly Apricot Pineapple Gourmet Small Plates
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a buttered 9- by 1 1/2-inch round cake pan combine well the butter and the brown sugar and press the mixture evenly onto the bottom of the pan. Cut the pineapple rings in half and arrange them, patted with paper towels, and the whole apricots, smooth sides down, decoratively on the sugar mixture.
- Into a small bowl sift together the flour, the baking powder, and the salt. In a bowl with an electric mixer beat the shortening and the granulated sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy and beat in the egg and the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with 1/3 cup water, beating after each addition, and stir in the chopped pineapple, patted dry, and the chopped apricots. Turn the batter into the pan, spreading it evenly, and bake the cake in the middle of a preheated 350°F. oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes, invert it onto a serving plate, and serve it warm or at room temperature with the whipped cream.
UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE WITH APRICOTS
Gather all the apricot aficionados in your life to celebrate the season with this luscious Upside-Down Cake with Apricots. Made with sour cream for extra creaminess, a cake with apricots has never tasted this good.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Fruit Recipes
Yield Makes 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place baking mix, granulated sugar, sour cream, egg, water and extract in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, stopping frequently to scrape bottom and side of bowl. Beat on medium speed 2 min.; set aside.
- Melt butter in small saucepan on medium heat. Add brown sugar; cook 1 min. or until completely dissolved, stirring constantly. Pour into 9-inch round cake pan. Top with apricot slices; sprinkle with almonds. Cover with batter.
- Bake 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; invert onto serving plate. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190, Fat 11 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 170 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 2 g
APRICOT ALMOND UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
The Runner-Up recipe for 2004 in the San Francisco Chronicle, adapted by Janet Fletcher from a recipe from pastry chef Sasha Crehan. Try to find Blenheim apricots as they are more fragrant. Peeled, fresh peaches are a good substitute.
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch diameter, 2-inch deep round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Scatter the brown sugar evenly over the bottom of the pan, patting it into a thin layer. Arrange the apricot halves cut-side down on the brown sugar.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Add the almond paste a little at a time, beating until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the orange zest, vanilla and almond extract. On low speed, add the dry ingredients, mixing just until blended.
- Pour the thick batter over the apricots, spreading it evenly. Bake until the top is golden brown and firm to the touch and the cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack for 30 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm or at room temperature, with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373.7, Fat 21.6, SaturatedFat 9.5, Cholesterol 126.3, Sodium 148.6, Carbohydrate 40.4, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 28.8, Protein 6.5
UPSIDE-DOWN STICKY APRICOT CAKE
Add a little extra to this cake with saffron strands, don't worry if you don't have any - it's delicious either way
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Afternoon tea, Buffet, Dessert, Dinner, Supper, Treat
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Tip the sugar into a deep, ovenproof frying pan. Place over a high heat until caramelised, remove from the heat, then lay the apricots, cut side down, in the caramel, quartering some of the apricots to fit into the gaps. Set aside. Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- To make the cake batter, use an electric whisk to cream the butter and sugar together. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the milk and saffron, if using. Fold in the flours and ground almonds, then beat until combined.
- Spoon dollops of the batter over the apricots and smooth over with the back of a spoon. Bake for 40 mins until puffed up and golden. Remove from the oven and leave to sit for 10 mins. Invert the cake onto a plate and leave to cool. Cut into wedges. Serve with crème fraîche, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 552 calories, Fat 30 grams fat, SaturatedFat 14 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 66 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 39 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 9 grams protein, Sodium 0.62 milligram of sodium
More about "fresh apricot upside down cake recipes"
FRESH APRICOT UPSIDE DOWN CAKE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
APRICOT UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHOCOLATE APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE
10 BEST APRICOT UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - ROSE WATER & ORANGE BLOSSOMS
25 EASY CANNED APRICOT CAKE RECIPES – HAPPY MUNCHER
FRESH APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN RECIPES
APRICOT UPSIDE DOWN CAKE – VINTAGE.RECIPES
SHORTCUT APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
UPSIDE-DOWN APRICOT CAKE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
APRICOT UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE - EDIBLE TORONTO
FRESH APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - HALF BAKED RECIPES
APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
APRICOT CHERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - ONE HOT OVEN
FRESH APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CARAMELIZED APRICOT UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
UPSIDE-DOWN APRICOT CAKE WITH FRESH APRICOTS - WHERE IS …
APRICOT UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - PEPPER DELIGHT
APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE UPSIDE DOWN APRICOT CAKE EASY RECIPE - HEGHINEH …
UPSIDE DOWN BROWN SUGAR APRICOT CAKE - THE BITTER SIDE OF SWEET
FRESH APRICOT UPSIDE DOWN CAKE – KOSHER RECIPES | OU KOSHER ...
FLOURELESS PALEO APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - GUEST RECIPE
FRESH APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE / ROMULO YANES | UPSIDE DOWN …
APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKES ON THE GRILL | RICARDO
UPSIDE DOWN APRICOT AND MOLASSES CAKE - MIA KOUPPA, GREEK RECIPES
APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - DELIGHTFUL REPAST
APRICOT UPSIDE DOWN CAKE - NATURALLY SWEET KITCHEN
UPSIDE DOWN APRICOT SNACKING CAKE - KATE-COOKS
APRICOT GLUTEN-FREE UPSIDE DOWN CAKES - JUST A LITTLE BIT OF BACON
UPSIDE-DOWN CHOCOLATE APRICOT CAKE - BAKE FROM SCRATCH
APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE - PILLSBURY BAKING
APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE | RECIPE | APRICOT RECIPES ... - PINTEREST
RECIPE APRICOT UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
UPSIDE-DOWN APRICOT TART RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
APRICOT UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE | TURKISH STYLE COOKING
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love