FRESH TOMATO BRUSCHETTA
The topping for this simple Fresh Tomato Bruschetta appetizer can be put together ahead of time and refrigerated. We also love it on top of grilled chicken sandwiches, hamburgers and homemade pizza. -Samantha Cass, Swartz Creek, Michigan
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. , Spread baguette slices with butter; top each with a cheese slice. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with about 1 tablespoon tomato mixture.
This recipe has been modified slightly over tim, but is always a winner, whether for an appetizer or main dish. It even works with winter store-bought tomatoes. The vinegar and basil bring out the flavors.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Joy Andrews
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, basil, and garlic; let tomato mixture rest for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Arrange French bread slices on a large baking sheet; drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Toast bread in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 1 minute on each side. Top bread slices with tomato mixture using a slotted spoon, allowing excess liquid to drain. Return bread to baking sheet and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil in preheated oven until cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
More recipes about "fresh tomato bruschetta recipes"
2019-07-29 · To make the tomato mixture, chop the tomatoes then place in a mixing bowl. Add the basil, olive oil and lemon juice then season to taste and mix well. Allow to stand for 10-20 minutes to allow the tomatoes to release some of their juices. To make the bruschetta, …
See details ››
2020-06-22 · Directions Halve tomatoes then remove and discard the majority of the seeds. Chop tomatoes into 1/4-inch chunks then add to a medium bowl with a generous pinch of salt, a small pinch of black pepper, one tablespoon of the olive oil and the basil. Stir and let sit 10 minutes.
See details ››