GRANDMA'S BAKED APPLES
These apples are baked in a sea of cinnamon and brown sugar and are a perfect treat on a cold evening.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place cored apples into a baking dish. Pour water into the baking dish. Pack brown sugar into the apples. Sprinkle cinnamon evenly over apples. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
GRANDMA'S APPLE PIE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll 1/2 the short crust pastry to 1/4-inch thickness and cut out a 14-inch circle. Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry, trim away the excess and crimp the edge.
- Roll out the rest of the pastry to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut the pastry into 1/2-inch strips. On a piece of parchment paper or waxed paper weave the strips of pastry into a lattice that will cover the top of a 9-inch pie plate with 1-inch of overhang. Refrigerate the pie shell and lattice for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the apple quarters into 1/4-inch thick slices. Toss the apples with the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk together the egg yolk and water to make an egg wash. Brush the inside edge of the pastry with the egg wash. Arrange the apples in the pie shell and dab the top with pieces of cold butter. Slide the lattice top over the apples. Press the pastry of the lattice firmly on the crimped edge to seal the 2 together. Brush the lattice with egg wash. Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Using a cheese grater, grate the butter and shortening into the flour. Combine the mixture with your fingers until it resembles cornmeal. Add the ice cold water and mix with a spoon, pulling the water into the flour until a dough forms.
- With your hands, shape the dough into 2 balls and flatten them into disks. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and in the freezer for up to 1 month.
GRANDMA DAVIDSON'S BAKED APPLE PUDDING
My savvy grandmother whipped up recipes like this homey, cinnamon-scented apple pudding in the Depression years. Many of us still make them today. -Holly Sharp, Warren, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Add milk; stir just until blended. Fold in apples. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. deep baking dish. Dot with butter., Pour boiling water over top. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 12mg cholesterol, Sodium 381mg sodium, Carbohydrate 61g carbohydrate (43g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
GRANDMA'S STYLE APPLE CAKE WITH VANILLA SAUCE
Provided by Marcus Samuelsson
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Peel the apples and cut into thin slices. Toss slices in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Melt butter. Brush mold with butter. Cool the remaining butter to room temperature and add 1/2 cup of sugar and brown sugar. Whisk butter and sugars until fluffy. Add egg with milk and whisk. Stir in flour, baking powder and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Pour into the mold. Put the sliced apples on top and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 40 minutes.;
- Scrape the vanilla bean into scalded milk. Whisk yolks and sugar. Add a little hot milk to the yolk and sugar mixture. Pour back into the hot milk. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon over a low heat until it starts to thicken. Make sure it does not boil. Strain and let cool down.
BAKED GRANNY SMITH APPLE (FOR ONE)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove the apple core, cutting to within 1/2 inch of the bottom of the apple.
- You are creating a pocket to hold the filling.
- Mix together the sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and oatmeal.
- Place the apple in a baking dish lined with foil and top with the butter. Pour the water around the apple and slightly fold the foil around the apple.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the apple and apple skin are soft. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Top with ice cream or whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161, Fat 3.2, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 7.6, Sodium 31.9, Carbohydrate 35.8, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 29, Protein 0.5
GRANDMA'S OLD-FASHIONED APPLE CRISP
Simple, old-fashioned apple crisp. If you want something simple and homemade on hand, you can double the filling recipe (I use a 5-pound bag of Granny Smith apples) and freeze half of it.
Provided by longjasonoutlookcom
Categories Apple Crisps and Crumbles
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine apples, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg for filling in a bowl; transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, oats, butter, and cinnamon for topping in a large bowl. Sprinkle on top of filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and bubbly, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370 calories, Carbohydrate 63.9 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 12.5 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 8.7 mg, Sugar 41 g
GRANDMAMAN'S BAKED APPLES
This is one of DH's mother's recipes. I've added cinnamon to the recipe after 2 reviewers suggested it.
Provided by Dreamer in Ontario
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Stir first 6 ingredients together in the order listed (if using chopped nuts, add with the salt).
- Add apples and mix.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place mixture into a liberally greased pie plate.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311.6, Fat 1.5, SaturatedFat 0.4, Cholesterol 52.9, Sodium 343.9, Carbohydrate 73.3, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 58.7, Protein 3.4
GRANDMOTHER'S APPLE CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease an 8-inch round cake pan (no need to grease if pan is nonstick).
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the apples, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the Calvados, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, and the cinnamon. Set aside until needed.
- Whisk together the yogurt and the remaining sugar in a large bowl, until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Combine the flour and baking soda, then add the oil and eggs, whisking well after each addition. Stir the apple pieces into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly. Set on a sturdy baking sheet and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Note: The cake is best made several hours before serving, or better yet, the night before.
More about "grandmamans baked apples recipes"
CINNAMON APPLE CAKE WITH CRACKLE GLAZE - SHAKEN …
BEST SOUTHERN FRIED APPLES RECIPE - DIVAS CAN COOK
GRANDMA'S FAVORITE APPLE PIE RECIPE - BLESSED BEYOND …
GRANDMA'S FAVORITE BAKED APPLES
10 BEST BAKED GRANNY SMITH APPLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUS BAKED CINNAMON APPLES - FLOUR ON MY …
GRANDMA’S APPLE BETTY | DESSERT | THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
GRANDMA'S OLD FASHIONED BAKED BEANS - THE BEST OF THIS LIFE
GRANDMA’S APPLE DUMPLINGS - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
GRANDMA'S BAKED APPLES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
GRANDMA’S APPLE CRISP RECIPE – ONLY 5 BASIC INGREDIENTS REQUIRED!
OLD-TIME BAKED APPLES WITH SAUCE - A HUNDRED YEARS AGO
OLD-FASHIONED BAKED APPLES - ONCE UPON A CHEF
GRANDMA’S APPLE DUMPLINGS – PHITIP RECIPES
GRANOLA BAKED APPLES RECIPE - HOME STRATOSPHERE
GRANDMA THOMPSON'S PRIZE-WINNING APPLE PIE - CANADIAN LIVING
GRANDMA'S APPLE CAKE RECIPE - A CLASSIC TWIST
BEST BAKED CINNAMON APPLES (THE MOST AMAZINGLY EASY, TASTY …
GRANDMA'S BAKED APPLES | RECIPE | BAKED APPLES, EASY COOKING, …
OLD FASHIONED EASY APPLE CRISP - THE CHUNKY CHEF
OVEN-BAKED APPLES | RICARDO
GRANDMA MARY'S APPLES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
GRANDMA’S APPLE PIE - COLEY COOKS
BAKED APPLES | RICARDO
GRANDMA’S OLD FASHIONED APPLE PIE WITH AN AMAZINGLY FLAKY …
BAKED APPLES ARCHIVES - GRANDMA RAISED IN THE SOUTH
GRANDMA BRINSON'S BAKED APPLES - HOUSE OF BRINSON
SOUTHERN FRIED APPLES RECIPE ~ JUST LIKE GRANDMA'S! - YOUTUBE
GRANDMA’S BAKED APPLES | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
GRANDMA'S BAKED APPLES | RECIPE | BAKED APPLES, RECIPES, BAKING
OLD-FASHIONED APPLE DUMPLINGS - MY BAKING ADDICTION
OLD FASHIONED APPLE PIE RECIPE – GRANDMA’S RECIPE MADE EASY!
EASY BAKED APPLES - CHELSEY AMER
9 OF GRANDMA'S BEST APPLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GRANDMA’S APPLE CRUMBLE PIE (EASY RECIPE) - THE HUNGRY BITES
APPLE CRISP WITHOUT OATS (EASY RECIPE!) | FORK IN THE KITCHEN
GRANDMA'S MOIST CINNAMON APPLE CAKE | DELIGHT BAKING
GRANDMA'S FAVORITE APPLE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
You'll also love