FRESH GREEN BEANS, FENNEL, AND FETA CHEESE
- Fill a saucepan half full with water and bring to a boil. Add the green beans and fennel slices; cook until just beginning to become tender, about 4 minutes. Pour into a colander to drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Return the empty pan to the stove and set heat to medium. Pour in the olive oil and let it heat for a minute. Return the green beans and fennel to the pan. Season with basil, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until coated and warm. Transfer to a serving dish and toss with feta cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 221.2 calories, Carbohydrate 13 g, Cholesterol 14 mg, Fat 17.6 g, Fiber 5.7 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 251.8 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
GREEN BEANS WITH FENNEL
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 thinly sliced fennel bulb and cook, stirring, until browned, 15 minutes. Cook 1 1/2 pounds halved green beans in boiling salted water until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and add to the fennel. Stir in 2 tablespoons each butter and water and cook until glazed, 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
GREEN BEANS AND FENNEL
- In a small bowl stir together butter, fennel seeds, lemon peel, pepper, and salt.
- Set aside.
- Cut fennel into quarters; remove cores.
- Cut fennel lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips.
- In a covered 4-quart Dutch Oven cook beans in a small amount of boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
- Add fennel.
- Cook for 5 to 8 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
- Add butter mixture.
- Toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 68.4, Fat 2.6, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 6.1, Sodium 116.1, Carbohydrate 11.1, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 1.1, Protein 2.4
GREEN BEANS 'N FENNEL
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion& garlic cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, fennel, salt pepper and sugar.
- Cook uncovered until thickened and juice has evaporated about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile put whole green beans into apot of boiling lightly salted water.
- Cook until tender crisp 5 minutes.
- Drain and toss with the sauce& parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119.5, Fat 7.2, SaturatedFat 1, Sodium 159, Carbohydrate 13.3, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 6.4, Protein 3.1
GREEN BEANS AND FENNEL RAGOUT
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a soup pot, saute the garlic and onions in the olive oil, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent. Add the potatoes and tomatoes. Stir in the thyme and water. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Stem the green beans and cut them into 1inch pieces. Add the beans and sliced fennel bulb to the pot. Stir in the saffron, orange peel, and lemon juice. Simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and green beans are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread and chevre or brie
ROASTED FENNEL AND GREEN BEAN RELISH
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place fennel and onions in a roasting pan. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to oven and roast until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, about 1 1/2 hours. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Add haricots verts to boiling water and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer haricots verts to ice water-bath to cool. Drain and set aside.
- Combine fennel mixture with haricots verts and transfer to a serving platter. Serve at room temperature.
GREEN BEAN-FENNEL SALAD WITH FRESH HERBS
- Heat 1 inch water (salted if desired) to boiling in 3-quart saucepan. Add green beans. Boil uncovered 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Rinse in cold water until chilled; drain.
- Arrange radicchio leaves around edge of serving platter. Mix beans, capers, fennel, boston lettuce and artichoke hearts; place in center of radicchio-lined platter. Mix remaining ingredients; pour over salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190, Carbohydrate 18 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 8 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 520 mg
GREEN BEAN AND FENNEL SALAD
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook green beans in large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain. Transfer to large bowl of ice water. Drain beans. Pat dry. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill dressing. Wrap green beans in paper towels and chill.)
- Place beans in large bowl. Add fennel, mushrooms, parsley, chives and lemon peel. Drizzle dressing over; toss. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Toss again and serve.
FENNEL AND GREEN BEANS WITH ORANGE AND ALMONDS
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with rack in lower third. In a medium bowl, toss green beans with 1 tablespoon oil. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss fennel wedges with remaining tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper; arrange in a single layer. Roast 15 minutes, then flip fennel and add green beans to sheet. Roast until beans are crisp-tender, 12 to 15 minutes. To serve, transfer to a serving platter, drizzle with orange juice, and top with almonds, orange zest, and fennel fronds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 97 g, Fat 6 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 2 g
More about "green beans fennel recipes"
GREEN BEANS AND FENNEL | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
3/5 (4)Calories 67 per servingTotal Time 30 mins
- Cut off and discard upper stalks of fennel bulbs. Remove any wilted outer layers; cut off a thin slice from the fennel base. Wash fennel; cut into quarters. Remove cores. Cut fennel lengthwise into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
- Place beans in a 4-quart Dutch oven. Cook beans, covered, in a small amount of boiling salted water 4 to 5 minutes. Add fennel strips to beans. Cook 6 to 10 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain. Toss fennel and beans in the bowl with the seasoned butter. Transfer to a serving dish.
SAUTEED FENNEL WITH MICROWAVED GREEN BEANS | QUICK …
SAUTEED GREEN BEANS WITH FENNEL AND GARLIC SEASONING
FENNEL RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
GREEN BEANS WITH SAUSAGE AND FENNEL – RECIPES NETWORK
GREEN BEAN FENNEL - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
GREEN BEAN & FENNEL SALAD - PRODUCE DEPOT
GREEN BEAN SALAD WITH APPLES, FENNEL AND NUTS RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
GREEN BEANS FENNEL - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
FRESH GREEN BEANS, FENNEL, AND FETA CHEESE | RECIPESTY
19 FABULOUS FENNEL RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
CHEESY GREEN BEANS AND FENNEL | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
GREEN BEAN & ROASTED FENNEL SALAD - EVERY LAST BITE
ROASTED FENNEL WITH GREENS AND BEANS - MEDITERRANEAN LIVING
GREEN BEANS WITH ROASTED FENNEL | DR. HAGMEYER
GREEN BEAN, MUSHROOM AND FENNEL SALAD | CANADIAN LIVING
GREEN BEANS AND FENNEL RECIPES - TUTDEMY.COM
GREEN BEANS WITH FENNEL SEED, LENTILS AND CILANTRO. BARBATI SABJI …
FENNEL GREEN BEANS
GREEN BEANS WITH FENNEL | TABLE&SPOON
GREEN BEANS AND FENNEL RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
EASY GREEN BEANS WITH FENNEL - THE CONSERVATION FOUNDATION
RECIPE: ROASTED FENNEL AND GREEN BEANS : NPR
GREEN BEANS AND FENNEL WITH TARRAGON - COUNTRY LIVING
BEST GRILLED GREEN BEANS, FENNEL, AND FARRO RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ...
15 FABULOUS FENNEL RECIPES | CANADIAN LIVING
GREEN BEAN FENNEL FARRO SALAD (MEAL PREP FRIENDLY!)
ROASTED FENNEL AND GREEN BEAN RELISH | EMERILS.COM
GREEN BEANS N FENNEL RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
31 EASY GREEN BEAN RECIPES FOR SALADS, SIDES, AND MORE | EPICURIOUS
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
BEST GREEN BEANS WITH FENNEL-TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - HOW TO …
PERFECT ROASTED GREEN BEANS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
GREEN BEANS WITH FENNEL RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
GREEN BEAN SALAD WITH FRIED ALMONDS – SMITTEN KITCHEN
CHEESY GREEN BEANS AND FENNEL | RIVERBEND GARDENS
You'll also love