GRILLED RED ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat a clean griddle and brush with 1/2 of the oil. Brush onion slices lightly with remaining oil on both sides, season with salt and pepper and place on griddle. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until softened and lightly charred. Transfer onions to a bowl, drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with rosemary. Toss to separate rings and season with more salt and pepper as needed.
GRILLED BALSAMIC ONIONS
- Drizzle oil into vinegar very slowly, whisking until it is mixed well.
- Marinate onions in mixture for 3 hours.
- Grill the onions until browned, about 10 minutes per side, brushing frequently with marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the onions in half and slice 1/4 inch thick. Place on a baking sheet and toss with 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the onions are tender. Remove from the oven, toss with 2 more tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
GRILLED BALSAMIC FLANK STEAK WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS
Flank is a flavorful, lean cut of steak that's sliced thin and served. Make the deep, savory marinade ahead of time and let it work its magic on the meat for up to two days in the fridge. It makes party time a cinch, as the steak cooks in just 10 minutes (and this recipe can easily be doubled-or tripled to feed a crowd.)
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 4 to 6
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Generously season steak with salt and pepper. In a large resealable bag, combine vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard, brown sugar, and oil. Rub rosemary sprigs between your palms for a few seconds to release oils, then transfer to bag. Add steak, onion, and bell peppers; remove excess air from bag, seal, and shake until marinade evenly coats meat and vegetables. Refrigerate at least 12 hours and up to 2 days.
- Remove steak and vegetables from refrigerator 1 hour before grilling. Preheat grill for direct-heat cooking. Brush grates with oil. Using tongs, remove steak from bag, allowing excess marinade to drip back in. Grill, turning a few times, until charred in places and a thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 125 degrees for medium-rare, 8 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness. Transfer to a plate; tent with foil and let stand at least 10 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, remove vegetables from marinade and grill, turning a few times, until charred in places and tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Toast bread on grill just until charred and crisp in places, about 1 minute a side. Thinly slice steak; serve with vegetables and bread.
BALSAMIC-GLAZED ONIONS AND GARLIC
Balsamic vinegar and a hint of garlic give these pearl onions lots of bold flavor, which makes this is an ideal side dish for steak or grilled chicken. Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a Dutch oven, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Remove papery outer skin from garlic; separate into cloves. Boil garlic and onions for 3 minutes; drain and rinse in cold water. Cool. Peel garlic and onions; place in a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add oil and butter and toss to coat., Combine the vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over onion mixture and stir to coat., Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and stir. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes longer or until garlic and onions are tender and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring every 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 95 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 73mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
- In a medium saucepan, combine onions, cut into 8 wedges each (trim core if pieces won't separate), thyme, and olive oil. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper; toss to combine.
- Cover and cook over medium-low, stirring occasionally, until onions release their moisture, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; leave cover on, and cook onions until golden, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar; cook until syrupy, 1 to 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 64 g, Fat 3 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 1 g
GRILLED RED ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR AND ROSEMARY
- Prepare grill.
- In a very small saucepan heat rosemary and vinegar over low heat until hot (do not let boil). Remove pan from heat and let mixture stand, covered, 20 minutes.
- In a metal measure heat oil over low heat until warm. (Heating thins oil, making it easier to brush sparingly over onions.) Arrange onion slices in one layer on trays, keeping slices intact, and brush both sides of each slice lightly with oil. Season onions with salt and pepper and grill in batches on a lightly oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until lightly charred and softened. Transfer onions as grilled to a large bowl, separating rings, and toss with vinegar mixture, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve onions warm or at room temperature.
GRILLED RED ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR AND ROSEMARY
This recipe appeared in Gourmet a decade ago. I recently came upon it on epicurious.com and will try it on my George Foreman Grill.
Provided by justcallmetoni
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Prepare outdoor or indoor grill.
- In a very small saucepan heat rosemary and vinegar over low heat until hot, but not boiling. Remove pan from heat and cover. Let stand for 20 minutes so that the vinegar becomes infused with the rosemary.
- In a metal measuring cup heat oil over low heat or microwave until warm. (Heating thins oil, making it easier to brush sparingly over onions.) If you are using an indoor grill, place slices on the grill. For an outdoor grill, use a grilling basket to keep onion slices from falling through. If you don't have a basket, place a soaked bamboo skewer through the rings parallel to the cuts so that they do not tumble through the grill. Brush both sides of each slice lightly with oil. Season onions with salt and pepper and grill 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until lightly charred and softened.
- Transfer onions as grilled to a large bowl, separating rings, and toss with vinegar mixture, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve onions warm or at room temperature.
GRILLED VEGETABLES WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR
A simple recipe for vegetables that let's their quality and freshness shine through! A variety of other vegetables (cut at least 1/2-inch thick) can be used with this recipe such as: mushrooms, onions, squash, and red peppers.
Provided by Natasha
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Whisk olive oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Toss eggplants, zucchinis, and bell peppers in soy sauce marinade. Marinate for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove vegetables from marinade, shaking off excess.
- Grill vegetables on preheated grill until tender, 10 to 15 minutes, brushing vegetables with marinade. Transfer cooked vegetables to a platter and serve with any remaining marinade.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 141.9 calories, Carbohydrate 4.8 g, Fat 13.7 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 1.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 380.4 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
BALSAMIC GRILLED VEGETABLES
Lightly charred grilled vegetables will knock your socks off. The balsamic vinegar marinade makes the meal! Serve with your choice of seafood, chicken, or steak. Steamed rice completes your meal.
Provided by MJane
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Mix broth, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, olive oil, basil, oregano, and black pepper together in a medium bowl. Set marinade aside.
- Combine bell peppers, zucchini, onion, mushrooms, whole garlic, and tomatoes in a large bowl and stir until well mixed. Pour into a large lidded container and pour marinade over the vegetables. Seal and marinate for at least 20 minutes; refrigerate if you are marinating longer.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Oil a grill basket.
- Scoop veggie mixture into the grill basket, reserving excess marinade. Close the grill lid.
- Cook on the preheated grill, stirring with a slotted spoon every 6 to 7 minutes, for about 20 minutes. Pour remaining marinade over veggies. Finish grilling with lid closed until somewhat charred, about 5 minutes more. Transfer to a large baking sheet and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185.8 calories, Carbohydrate 20.1 g, Cholesterol 0.5 mg, Fat 10.9 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 118.9 mg, Sugar 8.7 g
GRILLED BALSAMIC-MARINATED LONDON BROIL WITH RED ONIONS
- Marinate steak and prepare onions:
- Stir together garlic, 3 tablespoons vinegar, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and pour into a 1-quart sealable plastic bag.
- Add steak to marinade, turning to coat, and marinate, chilled, turning bag occasionally, at least 4 hours.
- Bring to room temperature, then remove steak from marinade and discard marinade.
- Trim root ends of onions slightly, leaving them intact, then halve lengthwise and cut halves lengthwise into 3/4-inch-thick wedges. Insert 1 wooden pick horizontally through each wedge (to keep it intact while grilling). Whisk together remaining tablespoon vinegar and 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl and add onions, tossing gently to coat.
- To cook steak using a charcoal grill:
- Open vents on bottom of grill. Light a large chimney starter of charcoal (80 to 100 briquettes) and pour lit charcoal onto bottom rack, leaving about one quarter of bottom rack free of charcoal and banking remaining coals across rest of bottom rack so that coals are about 3 times higher on opposite side. Charcoal fire is medium-hot when you can hold your hand 5 inches above thickest layer of coals for 3 to 4 seconds. 3Sear steak on lightly oiled grill rack over thickest layer of coals, uncovered, 1 minute on each side, then move steak to area over fewer coals and grill, uncovered, turning occasionally and moving to coolest area of grill if browning too quickly, until thermometer inserted horizontally 2 inches into meat registers 120°F, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let stand 10 minutes (steak will continue to cook, reaching medium-rare).
- To cook steak using a gas grill:
- Preheat all burners on high, covered, 10 minutes.
- Sear steak on lightly oiled grill rack, uncovered, 1 minute on each side, then reduce heat to moderate. Grill steak, covered, turning occasionally, until thermometer inserted horizontally 2 inches into meat registers 120°F, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let stand 10 minutes (steak will continue to cook, reaching medium-rare).
- To grill onions by either method:
- While steak is standing, grill onions (covered only if using a gas grill) over moderate heat, turning over once, until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Serve onions with steak; cut steak crosswise into thin slices, holding knife at a 45-degree angle.
More about "grilled balsamic onions recipes"
GRILLED ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
Servings 4Category Side Dishes, Vegetarian, Grilling & Barbecue
BALSAMIC-GLAZED GRILLED SWEET ONIONS - RECIPE
Category Side DishesCalories 130 per servingEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
GRILLED BALSAMIC ONIONS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
MUSHROOM GRILLED CHEESE WITH BALSAMIC CARAMELIZED ONIONS
GRILLED CHEESE WITH BALSAMIC ONIONS | NATURALLY. | RECIPE | BALSAMIC ...
GRILLED NY STYLE SAUSAGES WITH BALSAMIC ONION SAUCE AND
GRILLED BALSAMIC ONIONS WITH BLEU CHEESE CRUMBLES
GRILLED ASPARAGUS & RED ONIONS RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
GRILLED ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC RECIPE - Z GRILLS
BALSAMIC CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPE | TASTEOFBBQ.COM
GRILLED ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR AND BROWN SUGAR
BALSAMIC PEPPERS AND ONIONS RECIPE - COOKIN CANUCK
BARBECUE BALSAMIC ONION GRILLED CHEESE | B.T. LEIGH'S | BRIAN LEIGH
GRILLED SALMON WITH BALSAMIC ONION GLAZE RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
GRILLED ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC - WHOLE30, PALEO | PRIMALGOURMET
BALSAMIC GRILLED ONIONS - THE WASHINGTON POST
BALSAMIC GRILLED RED ONIONS | CANADIAN LIVING
GRILLED BALSAMIC GLAZED ONIONS RECIPE
BALSAMIC GLAZED STEAK AND ONIONS - SWIRLS OF FLAVOR
GRILLED SPRING ONIONS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
GRILLED BALSAMIC ONIONS WITH PINEAPPLE CHUTNEY RECIPE
GRILLED STRIP STEAKS WITH BALSAMIC ONIONS RECIPE RECIPE
BALSAMIC ONIONS - GREEDY GOURMET | FOOD & TRAVEL BLOG
GRILLED VEGETABLES WITH BALSAMIC DRESSING - NATIONAL ONION …
GRILLED ONIONS - HEY GRILL, HEY
GRILLED SALMON WITH BALSAMIC ONION GLAZE - FOOD NETWORK
GRILLED ONIONS WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE « THE ANCIENT OLIVE
GRILLED CHEESE WITH BALSAMIC RED ONIONS | COOK SMARTS
GRILLED ASPARAGUS & RED ONIONS WITH OLIVE OIL AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR
GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH BALSAMIC RED ONION RECIPE - FEED YOUR SOLE
GRILLED SAUSAGES WITH BALSAMIC ONIONS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
GRILLED PIZZA WITH FIGS, BALSAMIC ONIONS AND GORGONZOLA
BALSAMIC GRILLED VEGETABLES (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
RECIPE: BALSAMIC-GLAZED PEARL ONIONS - KITCHN
GRILLED BALSAMIC RED ONION LOLLYPOPS | CLUB HOUSE FOR CHEFS
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #low-protein #5-ingredients-or-less #side-dishes #vegetables #barbecue #easy #summer #dietary #low-sodium #seasonal #low-carb #low-in-something #equipment #grilling #3-steps-or-less #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love