HONG KONG-STYLE SEA BASS
- Peel ginger, and cut into thin strips. Cut green onions into 2-inch thin strips; set ginger and green onions aside.
- Pour 1/4 cup vegetable oil into a large skillet; place over high heat until hot. Add garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 seconds; remove and discard garlic.
- Add spinach to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until lightly wilted. Spoon spinach onto serving plates, and keep warm.
- Place fish in a steamer basket or bamboo steamer over boiling water; cover and steam 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Place fish on spinach; top with ginger and green onions.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup vegetable oil and sesame oil in skillet; place over high heat until hot. Drizzle over fish.
- Bring soy sauce and next 3 ingredients to a boil in skillet. Drizzle half of mixture over fish; serve immediately with remaining mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 597.5, Fat 44.8, SaturatedFat 6.4, Cholesterol 70.3, Sodium 917.8, Carbohydrate 10.4, Fiber 3, Sugar 3.4, Protein 36.4
CHINESE STEAMED SEA BASS
A traditional Chinese fish recipe. Chinese love fresh seafood! Steamed fish is an easy way to prep fish and at the same time keep the original flavor of the fish. In this recipe, a whole sea bass, ginger, and spring onions are steamed to perfection and then topped with soy sauce, sugar, and hot oil. Serve with freshly cooked rice.
Provided by tonytsang
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Season sea bass with salt.
- Place 1/3 of the spring onions and ginger onto a glass or ceramic plate; cover with sea bass. Scatter remaining spring onions and ginger over the sea bass.
- Bring a wide pot of water to a boil. Set a rack inside the boiling water; place the plate of sea bass on top. Cover pot and steam until sea bass flakes easily with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes. Pour out any water that may have collected on the plate.
- Mix soy sauce, chile oil, and sugar together in a small bowl; pour over the sea bass before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476.1 calories, Carbohydrate 13.4 g, Cholesterol 93.8 mg, Fat 26.7 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 44.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 2043.2 mg, Sugar 7.9 g
HONG KONG-STYLE FISH FROM ATLANTA FISH MARKET
This restaurant recipe is from the Atlanta Fish Market, known for its innovative seafood dishes. This particular recipe has quite a fan base and is healthy as well. I highly recommend halibut for this dish...you can use a variety of fish, but it works best with a white, light, flaky fish.
Provided by Epi Curious
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 2 , 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a saucepan, combine soy sauce, water, sherry and sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat sesame and olive oils. Add spinach and toss until wilted. Season with pepper and set aside.
- Steam or saute fish until just done. Do not overcook.
- to assemble: In a large soup bowl, place a bed of spinach. Rest fish on top of spinach and garnish with ginger and green onions. Pour soy broth over fish and serve.
STEAMED SEA BASS, CANTONESE STYLE
- 1. Rinse the fish inside and out with 1/4 cup of wine.
- 2. Select a round or oval platter that's large enough to hold the fish but will fit inside the top of a steaming utensil. This could be a traditional Chinese bamboo or metal steamer, or a Western-style clam steamer.
- 3. Place the fish on the platter and set platter in the top of the steamer. Cover and steam over boiling water 10 to 15 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce base by combining the 2 tablespoons of wine, garlic, scallions, ginger, and sugar in a small bowl.
- 5. Check fish for doneness. When cooked, the flesh will be white and pull easily from the bones. Remove the platter and pour off the liquid that has accumulated around the fish.
- 6. Heat the oil in a wok or saucepan, and when it is hot, add the sauce base. Cook, stirring until the sauce boils.
- 7. Pour soy sauce over the sea bass first, and then pour the boiled sauce over the fish. Serve immediately.
More about "hong kong style sea bass recipes"
HONG KONG-STYLE SEA BASS - SOUTHERN BOY DISHES
HONG KONG-STYLE SEA BASS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (2)Servings 4
HONG KONG RECIPES - FOODRHYTHMS.COM
HONG KONG SEA BASS | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
HOW TO MAKE STEAMED SEA BASS "蒸鲈鱼" — RECIPE BY PLATED
STEP INTO SPRING WITH FRESH SEAFOOD - SULLIVAN'S STEAKHOUSE
STEAMED SEA BASS | SAVEUR
NEW RESTAURANTS: WHERE TO EAT IN HONG KONG THIS MAY 2022
OUR BEST SEA BASS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RECIPE: PAN-SEARED HONG KONG STYLE SEA BASS - KSHB
HONG KONG-STYLE SEA BASS | J. LOHR
HONG KONG-STYLE SEA BASS | HEALTHY APERTURE
HONG KONG-STYLE SEA BASS RECIPE BY BILL - COOKEATSHARE.COM
HONG KONG-STYLE SEA BASS RECIPE | MYRECIPES MOBILE | MILK TEA …
CANTONESE STEAMED FISH: A 20 MINUTE RECIPE - THE WOKS OF LIFE
SEA BASS RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
STEAMED FISH HONG KONG STYLE - CHUBBY HUBBY
HONG KONG-STYLE SEA BASS RECIPE
SEA BASS HONG-KONG STYLE SERVES: 2 PORTIONS ... - BUCKHEAD LIFE ...
HONG KONG STYLE FISH RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HONG KONG-STYLE SEA BASS BY BILL HARRIS - FOODRHYTHMS
RECIPE: PAN-SEARED HONG KONG STYLE SEA BASS
HONG KONG STYLE SEA BASS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
PAN FRIED FISH FILLET (HONG KONG STYLE) - CHRISTINE'S RECIPES
清蒸鱸魚 HONG KONG'S STEAMED SEA BASS FISH - YOUTUBE
HONG KONG STYLE SEA BASS OR HALIBUT | MISTRE | COPY ME THAT
WORLD BEST FILLET COOKING RECIPES : HONG KONG-STYLE SEA BASS
HONG KONG STYLE STEAM FISH RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
HONG KONG-STYLE SEA BASS | SOUTHERN BOY DISHES | RECIPE | HOW TO …
HONG KONG-STYLE SEA BASS RECIPE BY BILL - COOKEATSHARE
EDDIE V'S HONG KONG STYLE CHILEAN SEA BASS | SEA BASS RECIPES, …
WHAT WINE GOES WITH HONG KONG STYLE SEA BASS RECIPE YUMMLY
HONG KONG-STYLE SEA BASS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
HONG KONG STYLE SEA BASS - REVIEW OF JACKSON'S MIGHTY FINE FOOD …
CHILEAN SEA BASS RECIPE WITH VIETNAMESE SAUCE - AVOCADO PESTO
HONG KONG-STYLE SEA BASS | GENIUS KITCHEN | SEA BASS, SEA BASS …
RECIPE: PAN-SEARED HONG KONG STYLE SEA BASS
STEAMED SEA BASS IN SOY BROTH - RESTAURANT BUSINESS
STEAMED WHOLE FISH, CHINESE STYLE - THE WOKS OF LIFE
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #seafood #fish #freshwater-fish #bass
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook sea bass with spring onions and Ginger?In this recipe, a whole sea bass, ginger, and spring onions are steamed to perfection and then topped with soy sauce, sugar, and hot oil. Serve with freshly cooked rice. Season sea bass with salt. Place 1/3 of the spring onions and ginger onto a glass or ceramic plate; cover with sea bass.
How to cook sea bass in soy sauce?1. Combine soy sauce, water, sherry, and sugar in a small sauce pan. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and cover to keep warm. 2. Place sea bass on a steaming rack. Top with julienned ginger.
What is the best way to cook sea bass?Combine soy sauce, water, sherry, and sugar in a small sauce pan. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and cover to keep warm. 2. Place sea bass on a steaming rack.
What do you serve with sea bass?Serve steamed sea bass with wilted spinach and a homemade, Asian -inspired sauce for a delicious and nutritious dinner. Peel ginger, and cut into thin strips. Cut green onions into 2-inch thin strips; set ginger and green onions aside.