MANGO SHRIMP SALAD
- Whisk lime juice, lime zest, chile peppers, and sugar together in a bowl until dressing is smooth. Combine shrimp, mango, cucumber, and mint in a bowl; add dressing and toss to coat. Drizzle vinegar over salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 158.9 calories, Carbohydrate 12.1 g, Cholesterol 221.3 mg, Fat 1.4 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 24.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 256.4 mg, Sugar 9.6 g
COCONUT SHRIMP AND MANGO DIPPING SAUCE
- For the mango dipping sauce: Add the mango, BBQ sauce, honey, lime juice and salt to a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; set aside.
- For the shrimp: Heat about 1/2 inch of vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cornstarch, flour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Beat the eggs and 1/2 cup water in a second bowl. In a third bowl, combine the coconut flakes and breadcrumbs.
- Bread the shrimp by dipping them first in the flour mixture and shaking off any excess, then in the egg wash and finally in the coconut breadcrumbs, pressing to make sure each shrimp has an even coating.
- Fry the shrimp in the oil in batches of 8 to 12 until golden and crispy, approximately 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Arrange on a platter and serve immediately alongside the dipping sauce. Garnish with lime wedges.
This recipe is based on one by Ken Hom. We like it for it's refreshing taste. Also very easy to put together and quick to cook. Don't leave out the sesame oil, I think it is integral to the dish. Preparation time includes refrigerator resting time for shrimp.
Provided by FlemishMinx
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a bowl large enough to hold the shrimp, combine the egg white, cornstarch, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp sesame oil, and white pepper.
- Pat the shrimps dry, and mix them well with this marinade, making sure all are well coated.
- Leave in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan until very hot.
- Add 2 TBS peanut oil.
- When the oil is very hot, remove the wok from the heat and add the prawns.
- Stir vigorously to prevent them sticking, return to heat and cook until they turn white, about 2 minutes depending upon the size of your shrimp.
- Remove the shrimp, and discard the oil.
- Wipe wok with paper toweling, removing all residues.
- Return the wok to the heat, again heating until very hot.
- Add 1 1/2 TBS peanut oil, and when very hot, add the ginger and garlic.
- Stir fry for 10 seconds.
- Return the shrimp to the wok and add the rice wine or sherry, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Stir-fry for one minute.
- Add the mango cubes and stir gently for 1 minute to warm them.
- Stir in 2 tsp sesame oil.
- Serve with rice, garnished with chopped scallions.
SHRIMP AND MANGO TACOS
This sweet and pungent combination of mango, shrimp, chilies and cumin is as quick to put together as a stir-fry. Indeed, if you don't have corn tortillas on hand, serve the shrimp with rice.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, easy, quick, weekday, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat a large, heavy skillet or wok over medium-high heat, and add the canola oil. When the oil is hot, add the shrimp, salt to taste and the garlic. Sauté, stirring or shaking the pan, until the shrimp begins to color, about two minutes. Add the cumin, and continue to cook until the shrimp is pink and opaque, about three minutes. Add the chilies, mango and cilantro, and stir together for one minute. Stir in the lime juice, and remove from the heat. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Wrap the tortillas in a heavy kitchen towel, and place in a steamer basket over 1 inch of boiling water. Cover the pot, and steam for one minute. Turn off the heat, and allow to sit for 15 minutes without uncovering. Alternatively, wrap the tortillas in a towel, and heat in the microwave for one minute. Warm the shrimp briefly in the pan. Place 2 tortillas on each plate, top with the shrimp, fold over the tortillas and serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 322, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 41 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 19 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 667 milligrams, Sugar 15 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SHRIMP WITH MANGO SAUCE
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, garlic, ginger, 1/4 tsp salt, allspice, cumin and cinnamon about 3 minutes. Add mango, vinegar, lime juice and sugar and gently boil, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thick; refrigerate in a bowl. Toss shrimp with red pepper, garlic powder and remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Heat remaining 2 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp until no longer translucent, about 2 minutes on each side. Let cool; serve with sauce.
SHRIMP AND MANGO CEVICHE
Nothing reminds me of a summer day beachside like fresh ceviche. The shrimp "cooks" in a citrus bath, then gets tossed with a colorful assortment of veggies. The roasted jalapeño adds a smoky heat that makes this dish sing.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Stir together the lime juice and orange juice in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the shrimp are firm and opaque, 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Broil the jalapeño until the skin is blackened all over, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Set aside to cool.
- Toss together the cilantro, olives, mango, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions and garlic in a large bowl.
- When the jalapeño is cool, carefully peel away the blackened skin, wiping away any remaining skin with a paper towel. Seed and finely dice the jalapeño and add it to the bowl. Stir in the shrimp, oil and 1/2 cup of the citrus marinade. Mix in the avocado and season with salt and pepper.
COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY WITH MANGO
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place sweet potato on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until fork-tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook shrimp in boiling water until pink, about 5 minutes.
- Stir coconut milk, yogurt, tomato paste, curry powder, garlic, ginger, and cayenne together in a large skillet. Bring to a boil and then turn heat to low and add red bell pepper, mango, and cauliflower. Add sweet potato once done. Simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- Serve curry over cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 392.9 calories, Carbohydrate 56 g, Cholesterol 108.4 mg, Fat 11.3 g, Fiber 7.2 g, Protein 19.8 g, SaturatedFat 8.8 g, Sodium 300.3 mg, Sugar 16.6 g
MANGO SHRIMP STIR-FRY
As you know, most shrimp stir-fry recipes are quick and easy. This one is both, and a must-try for mango lovers.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Mix first 4 ingredients until blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oil in wok or large deep skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp, carrots and ginger; stir-fry 2 min. Add snow peas, bell peppers and 1/4 cup mango nectar mixture; stir-fry 2 min.
- Add bean sprouts and mangos; stir-fry 1 min. or until shrimp turn pink and bell peppers are crisp-tender. Spoon into serving bowl; stir in remaining mango nectar mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 140 mg, Sodium 800 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 5 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 19 g
SHRIMP IN MANGO CHILI SAUCE
On-hand ingredients make a tasty shrimp entree in a matter of minutes! Try the shrimp over waffles or rice for another yummy option. -Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place first 5 ingredients in a large skillet; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Add shrimp and green onions; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until shrimp turn pink, 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/3 cup cilantro., Sprinkle with cashews and additional cilantro. If desired, serve with cornbread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 283 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 138mg cholesterol, Sodium 895mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (27g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
RUM-GLAZED SHRIMP AND MANGO
- Make glaze: In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup lime juice, rum, sugar, and ginger; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, whisking occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water; stir into lime-juice mixture. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat; let cool.
- Thread shrimp onto 8 skewers, using 4 shrimp per skewer. Season on both sides with salt and pepper. Thread mango slivers onto 4 skewers, using 2 pieces per skewer. Brush shrimp and mango all over with glaze.
- Heat grill to medium-high; oil grates. Place shrimp and mango skewers on grill; cook, turning once, until blackened in spots and shrimp are opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining tablespoon lime juice with the oil; season with salt and pepper. Add watercress; toss to coat.
- To serve, divide watercress among four plates; top each with 2 shrimp skewers and 1 mango skewer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 235 g, Fat 8 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 12 g
More about "mango shrimp recipes"
MANGO SHRIMP - SWEET & SPICY MANGO SHRIMP RECIPE
4.5/5 (75)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 178 per serving
- Add garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, Thai chili sauce, red pepper and shrimp to the skillet and toss to combine.
SPICY MANGO SHRIMP RECIPE - EASY SEAFOOD DINNER | A …
4.9/5 (7)Total Time 30 minsCategory Lunch And DinnerCalories 416 per serving
- Add shrimp. If frozen, cook until heated. If fresh, cook through. Should be just about 4-5 minutes.
SHRIMP WITH MANGO & BASIL RECIPE | EATINGWELL
MANGO SHRIMP SALSA RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
SWEET & SPICY MANGO SHRIMP STIR-FRY | LAURA FUENTES
THAI MANGO SHRIMP SKILLET - YVONNE MAFFEI
SHRIMP AND MANGO CURRY - MANGO.ORG
SPICY MANGO SHRIMP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MANGO + SHRIMP CEVICHE - SIMPLE HEALTHY KITCHEN
CASHEW SHRIMP AND MANGO STIR FRY - CASHEW SHRIMP RECIPE
GRILLED MANGO-HABANERO SHRIMP RECIPE :: THE MEATWAVE
10 BEST SHRIMP AND MANGO APPETIZER RECIPES | YUMMLY
MANGO SHRIMP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MANGO AND SHRIMP WRAPS RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
10 BEST MANGO CHUTNEY SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
AVOCADO MANGO SHRIMP SALAD - AVERIE COOKS
MANGO HABANERO SHRIMP AGUACHILE - MANGO.ORG
BACON WRAPPED MANGO SHRIMP - MANGO.ORG
CILANTRO LIME SHRIMP WITH MANGO SALSA - DINNER AT THE ZOO
MANGO SHRIMP SALSA RECIPES DELICIOUS SUMMER CELEBRATIONS
HOW TO COOK THE BEST MANGO SHRIMP - EAT LIKE PINOY
BEST HABANARO MANGO GRILLED SHRIMP RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK …
SPICY MANGO SHRIMP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SHRIMP, CHEESE & MANGO TAPAS | FOOD TOWN
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST MANGO SHRIMP KABOBS- THE FED UP FOODIE
BAKED COCONUT SHRIMP WITH MANGO SAUCE - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
HOW TO MAKE MOUTHWATERING MANGO SHRIMP SALSA - THE FED UP …
PINEAPPLE MANGO SHRIMP RECIPE - COOKING TO ENTERTAIN
TEMPURA SHRIMP WITH HOT AND SOUR MANGO SAUCE | RICARDO
MANGO AND SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SHRIMP AND MANGO SUMMER ROLLS BY MING TSAI IN 2022 | FOOD …
GARLIC MANGO SHRIMP SKEWERS (AIP, PALEO, WHOLE30)
MANGO SHRIMP RECIPE - VIKRAM SUNDERAM | FOOD & WINE
SHRIMP WITH MANGO SALSA | RICARDO
AMAZING STOVE-TOP MANGO JERK SHRIMP. - CARIBBEANPOT.COM
MANGO SHRIMP LETTUCE WRAPS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
MANGO SHRIMP - SUEANDGAMBO.COM
QUICK & EASY MANGO AND SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE | DIETHOOD
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #fruit #seafood #asian #chinese #shrimp #dietary #low-calorie #stir-fry #low-carb #low-in-something #tropical-fruit #mango #shellfish #technique
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Spicy Mango shrimp?Spicy Mango Shrimp Recipe. An easy seafood dinner perfect for summer. Ingredients. Instructions. In a large frying pan, heat 2 TBS Olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until they start turning golden brown. Add soy sauce, basil, red pepper, lime juice. Stir and cook for just about 3 minutes.
What is in a mango shrimp salad?This mango shrimp salad is packed with whole, healthy ingredients including shrimp, mango and some garden fresh veggies. Large shrimp – Shrimp should be peeled and de-veined, though I do leave the tails on. Extra virgin olive oil – For cooking the shrimp. Lime juice – Fresh only! No bottled juice for this recipe.
What is the best way to make fried shrimp?In a large frying pan, heat 2 TBS Olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until they start turning golden brown. Add soy sauce, basil, red pepper, lime juice. Stir and cook for just about 3 minutes. Add shrimp. If frozen, cook until heated. If fresh, cook through. Should be just about 4-5 minutes. Finally, add in mango.
How do you cook Shrimp curry with sweet potato and mango?A flavorful shrimp curry sweetened with the use of mango and sweet potato. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place sweet potato on a greased baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until fork-tender, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cook shrimp in boiling water until pink, about 5 minutes.